Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase

• 1 month later...

Re: Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase think its just the one race for me today so may as well try and squeeze some profit out ............ bally casey 88 ofaolins boy 85 many clouds 84 carlingford lough 82 ballycasey sets the standard here and should make a bold bid to win this ..........has the class and speed required but is taking on a few talented horses here ......ofalins boy and many clouds are evenly matched and ran a cracker last time ......that form looks quite strong and gives them at chance against this fav at big prices ...........carlingford lough is also a big danger .......might have run the fav close lto if not unseating so looks dangerous even ballycasey looked to win with something in hand ..........no other bets so ill take 3 and hope one comes home for a nice profit ballycasey 3pts win 6/1 betvic ofaolins boy 2pts win 17.5 betfair many clouds 2pts win 17.5 betfair

Re: Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase How good is this race!? I think its a really good renewal and if anyone picks the winner they have done bloody well! I have gone with Callingford Lough (8/1) and Black Thunder (20/1) in the end because I just think they have a little bit of extra class about them. I am sweetest on AP's mount because I think he is the type to thrive around Cheltenham. He really grinds and finds a bit like a young Bobs Worth (fuck me I sound like racing's equivalent of Louis Walsh!) and I am fairly confident he would have got up LTO if he hadnt of been hampered and unseated at the last. I just get the feeling he will keep bouncing up the hill while others are crying off and he has form with all of the top Irish hopefuls. Black Thunder looks to have that little bit more of a turn of foot than some of the others, and whilst Corrin Wood also has to be respected (similar type to Callingford Lough probably) there is no way one should be 7's and the other 20's! Corrin Wood dictated from the front LTO and whilst they ran a really quick time, CW had nicked a couple of lengths rounding the turn and it may have just been the difference in a real bog. I do think Black Thunder will be better on better ground he has form against a lot of the top UK staying chasers (beat Many Clouds, Fox Appeal, Shotgun Paddy & just lost to Corrin Wood) so when you factor all of that in, he could really be a live danger at a very backable EW price.

Re: Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase

think its just the one race for me today so may as well try and squeeze some profit out ............ bally casey 88 ofaolins boy 85 many clouds 84 carlingford lough 82 ballycasey sets the standard here and should make a bold bid to win this ..........has the class and speed required but is taking on a few talented horses here ......ofalins boy and many clouds are evenly matched and ran a cracker last time ......that form looks quite strong and gives them at chance against this fav at big prices ...........carlingford lough is also a big danger .......might have run the fav close lto if not unseating so looks dangerous even ballycasey looked to win with something in hand ..........no other bets so ill take 3 and hope one comes home for a nice profit ballycasey 3pts win 6/1 betvic ofaolins boy 2pts win 17.5 betfair many clouds 2pts win 17.5 betfair
also having doubles with katgary in fred winter ..440 chelt .......well you gotta attempt a big win or its no fun !!!

Re: Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase I'd love to see Gevrey Chambertin run to his full potential. I thought he jumped really well on his chase debut, he obviously found absolutely nothing off the home turn, but Tom Scu pulled him up immediately as if something was up rather than he just wasn't good enough. I see he wears a tongue tie tomorrow and that could hint at the type of issue he had? I'm not saying he's going to win this but Pipe wouldn't run him for the sake of it. Besides it wouldn't be the first time one of his novice chasers wins with first time headgear at a big price would it?

Re: Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase Rsa Chase(Grade 1) (1) 3m 110yds Ballycasey has to be respected but it was only a three runner race he won at Leopardstown last time out and he will find this a lot tougher. The Alan King yard have come into some good form of late, they had a winner at the festival today and Smad Place certainly has to enter calculations. Tony McCoy takes the ride on Carlingford Lough for John Kiely and although he has a big chance on form, I would struggle to back a trainer that has never won at Cheltenham. I have put a small investment each-way on Just A Par, I think he is a lovely chaser in the making and if you forgave his last run he would be a hell of a lot shorter than 33/1 for this. Just A Par - 1 Point each-way @ 33/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/rsa-chase-preview-just-a-par-looked-a-serious-prospect-before-his-last-run

Re: Wednesday 2:05 > RSA Chase 2.05 Cheltenham: Ballycasey, 6/1 >Betfred, win Ballycasey has been very impressive in his two starts over fences. He beat the re-opposing Don Cossack lto in a Grade 1 at Leopardstown. His jumping for the most part was great and he finished very strongly that day. He steps up in trip to three miles which should suit based on his last run. The good ground should also suit and may bring out some improvement from him. Trainer Willie Mullins had two winners here yesterday. Ruby Walsh is a huge plus in the saddle.

think its just the one race for me today so may as well try and squeeze some profit out ............ bally casey 88 ofaolins boy 85 many clouds 84 carlingford lough 82 ballycasey sets the standard here and should make a bold bid to win this ..........has the class and speed required but is taking on a few talented horses here ......ofalins boy and many clouds are evenly matched and ran a cracker last time ......that form looks quite strong and gives them at chance against this fav at big prices ...........carlingford lough is also a big danger .......might have run the fav close lto if not unseating so looks dangerous even ballycasey looked to win with something in hand ..........no other bets so ill take 3 and hope one comes home for a nice profit ballycasey 3pts win 6/1 betvic ofaolins boy 2pts win 17.5 betfair many clouds 2pts win 17.5 betfair
well ........that was exciting !!!!................what a cracker ........and big double still on now with katgary in fred winter ...cmon me beauty!!

well ........that was exciting !!!!................what a cracker ........and big double still on now with katgary in fred winter ...cmon me beauty!!
Nice call and good luck on the double. Another big trend snapped, reynoldstown winners not winning the rsa. That's 2 now in the last few years, reckon with the better drainage at both courses, this stat can now be dismissed.