Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 3 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gillingham v Wolverhampton Wanderers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd Breaking news that our goalkeeper has fractured his hand so Wayne Hennessy SHOULD be recalled to the starting line up. This is no problem as he played 3 seasons in the prem for us and was generally outstanding. However, we had Richard Stearman sent off and Ebanks - Landell injured in the last game which leaves our defensive options limited. I'd expect Elokobi to be in the center back position which to be honest frightens me.

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd 4pts Gillingham vs Wolves - Over 2.5 goals 4/5 Ladbrokes The form of both these sides is pretty unconvincing but they both have goals in them so I think we might well see a few goals here. Both are leaking them as well as scoring them but with the incentive Wolves have in this game they might be a little more open to try and push for the three points. The Gills have scored seven in their last four matches and their last seven have had more than 2.5 goals in them. This can be the eighth. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gillingham-vs-wolves-betting-expect-to-see-a-few-goals-in-the-televised-league-one-clash

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd There surely has to be a bit of value with Gillingham tonight, no way are they 9/2 shots for me. Wolves have only won 1 of their last 6 away games, have hit a bad run of form which is a bit deceiving when you look at the table. Gillingham had a terrible start to the season but their home form has improved and they have only lost 2 of their last 8 home games. Gill's last three home games have been extremely tough. They got a 2-2 draw with Peterborough who are 5th in the league, lost 2-1 to Leyton Orient who are 3rd in the league and drew 2-2 with Walsall who are 7th in the league. Wolves had to play with 10 men for 70 minutes away to Tranmere as Stearman got sent off early on so that could have took a lot out of the players too, and Gillingham have had 3 days more of a break than Wolves. All in all I think Wolves are far too short here and I am willing to take them on. I think it will also be a tighter game than the last few, so unders is the shout. Gillingham to Win - 3 Points @ 9/2 Sky Bet Gillingham to Win 1-0 - 1 Point @ 16/1 Bet Victor Under 1.5 Goals - 3 Points @ 18/5 Bet Victor Under 2.5 Goals - 10 Points @ 6/5 Sky Bet

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd Good to see some interest in a Gillingham game! Wolves destroyed us in the away game winning 4-0 and could have had double that, those that went say it was the biggest mauling in years. Our game against Stevenage was postponed so we should have a few players back who were carrying injuries. There are pretty strong rumours we are about to sign Jack Marriott from Ipswich (just signed new contract scored 8 in 7 at Woking loan just ended) on loan as cover for Kedwell who has had a hernia op and will be out for 8 weeks, either way I expect Akinfenwa to start alongside the in-form Cody Macdonald who is starting to look like his old self again, Marriott might be a good option off the bench though if he signs in time. Our defence is still very ropey and slow, I would be surprised to see us keep a clean sheet against what is still one of the best teams in the division despite their recent dip in form. We have scored at least once in 10 of our 13 home games and we have been reasonably decent of front of goal lately so I would think we can make an impact at that end of the pitch but Wolves are generally pretty solid. In our most recent home games we scored 2 against Peterborough and Wallsall and 1 against Leyton Orient who are all in similar positions at the top of the table, but we failed to win any of those games because of the amount we leak at the other end.. Don't believe the weather forecast too much BBC says there is heavy rain until 19:00 but there are blue skies in Gillingham currently, I will try and update if I find out there is a big change in the weather later on, I expect the game to be on. I expect Wolves to win due to my general negativity and our generally terrible performances in front of the cameras, but their recent form is average and they played a couple of days ago and we had a rest, our price is big - probably too big - but I don't know if I see us being strong enough at the back to keep them out, guess I would be leaning towards over 2.5 like kevshat advises above, wouldn't be putting much on it though.

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd Wouldn't worry about being terrible in front of the cameras. We went out of the cup to Morcambe in front of the cameras earlier in the season with pretty much the same team we will be forced to play tonight :lol Only thing I can add to what hasn't been said is that obviously the incentive is there to go back top of the league tonight for a while with Brentford and Orient not in league action again until next week. Also confirmed we are without James Henry now who has been outstanding for us this season. Would expect Sako and Jacobs (last game on loan, although should be signing permanent this weekend) to start. Line up will look something like: Hennessey Ricketts Batth Elokobi Golbourne Jacobs Edwards MacDonald Sako Cassidy (

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd I'm inclined to take the draw now that odds have cracked 4.0. Wolves have four away draws to one away loss; they're still a quality team despite their issues at the moment, and quality teams will manage to get something out of a game even when they're outplayed. My 5.5-year data in League One are mixed on this...home dogs of between 5.0 and 5.99 have gone 5-5-7 (29% each). But this season home dogs in that odds range are 1-3-1 (away dogs at those odds are 7-8-18). Wolves were three of those away favorites...they beat Notts County and drew with Carlisle and Tranmere...and actually those represented three of the four matches this season with the highest home-dog odds. Gillingham as home dogs this season are 1-3-1. All in all, if you're looking to back the dog, I'd say 4.0 for the draw has more value than 5.6 for the home win.

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd As far as totals, this season, matches with the high-priced home dogs have finished 11-4-6 (over 3, 3, under 3). Gillingham as a home dog, 3-1-1, Wolves as an away favorite, 2-1-3. All season Wolves are 3-3-5 away, Gills 4-3-6 at home (and most of the goals flying in have been in the last four at home; prior to that their tally was 1-2-6). I think the overs are borderline statistically, especially with the over 3 currently priced at evens. Not worth the risk imo.

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd

Update: Groundsman remains confident that the pitch is playable at present. However supporters should be aware that further rain is forecast
Think we will do everything possible to get the game on for the TV money, those near the ground don't seem to think it has rained that much today so should be alright.. I certainly don't envy the Wolves fans, 800 or so of them on scaffolding seating with no cover over them or on either side, hope they have packed their waterproofs and thermals :lol..

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd Danny Kedwell actually starts tonight even though the supporters thought he was out for 6 weeks at least! He can obviously put off the operation a bit longer..I'll have a couple of bets for fun and follow allthethings advice above I think and take the [email protected] (bet365) and Cody Macdonald to score [email protected] (coral) for a point each.

Blimey' date=' we're getting murdered! :lol..can't see us holding out for another 45 if that continues..[/quote'] Wolves have a lot of the ball but the keeper has only had to make 1 real save. Wolves certainly the better side, Gills look clueless on the ball. Unders looking good, I hope!

Wolves have a lot of the ball but the keeper has only had to make 1 real save. Wolves certainly the better side, Gills look clueless on the ball. Unders looking good, I hope!
Think I've had more beers tonight than we've had completed passes..

Re: Sky Bet League 1 > Friday January 3rd Sorry Hastgill. Fecking hell, I don't know if I should keep at punting. It's ridiculous. Yesterday I had draws at Raith and Peterhead...goals at 91' in both wrecked them...and now Gills are nearly run off the pitch but score at 92'. I'm absolutely gutted. Three points lost when I was looking at 9 points won.

There surely has to be a bit of value with Gillingham tonight, no way are they 9/2 shots for me. Wolves have only won 1 of their last 6 away games, have hit a bad run of form which is a bit deceiving when you look at the table. Gillingham had a terrible start to the season but their home form has improved and they have only lost 2 of their last 8 home games. Gill's last three home games have been extremely tough. They got a 2-2 draw with Peterborough who are 5th in the league, lost 2-1 to Leyton Orient who are 3rd in the league and drew 2-2 with Walsall who are 7th in the league. Wolves had to play with 10 men for 70 minutes away to Tranmere as Stearman got sent off early on so that could have took a lot out of the players too, and Gillingham have had 3 days more of a break than Wolves. All in all I think Wolves are far too short here and I am willing to take them on. I think it will also be a tighter game than the last few, so unders is the shout. Gillingham to Win - 3 Points @ 9/2 Sky Bet Gillingham to Win 1-0 - 1 Point @ 16/1 Bet Victor Under 1.5 Goals - 3 Points @ 18/5 Bet Victor Under 2.5 Goals - 10 Points @ 6/5 Sky Bet
Some will call it a very lucky win, it was lucky. But Gills defended their hearts out tonight and to be fair Wolves had all the ball but created very little. Gillingham were very unlucky late on when they hit the post and they held their own in the 2nd half, played much better. Need a bit of luck in this game and I got it, but I'll take it. Very unlucky to the lads who backed the draw, nothing more gutting than losing a bet that way. I forgot to do the Euromillions Hastgill and it was 110 million euro tonight :puke Stake - 17 Points Returns - 69.30 Points