Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Crystal Palace (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]29[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th Palace just got a great late winner away to Aston Villa and host Norwich (who just got beaten by Fulham) on THURSDAY. So away at the Etihad is their bonus game where they'll probably rest a few because Norwich is a very winnable game for them. 6 points from 9 is a great haul for Palace. City will really be reaping the benefits of their big squad right now. There is a chance that Palace may flop this one and concentrate on reality and picking up points vs the teams they can realistically beat. City should be taken on the handicaps here as after playing a tense game vs Liverpool, the step down in class of opposition will feel like running down hill for them and a few of the subs may start and I predict total domination and a flurry of goals. Palace who are a hard working and grafting team need to conserve all that energy they will need against Norwich. (Who on a side note after just losing to Fulham now host Man Utd :eek) Really would like to see Jovetic in action as I saw him at Fiorentina and he really is a special player but has been the forgotten man so far. When he is fully fit it will be like the Man City machine hitting the Nos Fast n Furious style in attack. Will see what prices I can get on the -2 AH and higher on Betfair. Haven't looked yet.

Re: Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th

Palace just got a great late winner away to Aston Villa and host Norwich (who just got beaten by Fulham) on THURSDAY. So away at the Etihad is their bonus game where they'll probably rest a few because Norwich is a very winnable game for them. 6 points from 9 is a great haul for Palace. City will really be reaping the benefits of their big squad right now. There is a chance that Palace may flop this one and concentrate on reality and picking up points vs the teams they can realistically beat.
Would be useful if Palace could rotate for this match but unfortunately we still have a lot of injured players at the momment and I doubt any will be rushed back for the Man City game for the reasons you've mentioned. I see the Palace lineup being pretty similar to one against Villa simply by default. Only changes may come upfront with Chamakh back from suspension while Gayle may get the call over Jerome as the point man. The main aim for Palace tommorow will be to avoid a thumping and keep confidence high. City's record at the etihad speaks for itself this season but they have on occasion struggled to crush sides that can match them physically. Palace have good pace, power and athleticism whilst also good at set plays so I'm hoping we can keep the scoreline to a minimum but ofcourse it will be tough. I actually think City on a big -AH is pretty dangerous here but not brave/mad enough to take Palace on a +AH either. Markets seem to have this game priced in the correct range and so no real value out there for AH. Be interested to see what the starting lineups are but it's a no bet situation for me.

Re: Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th Hey Das Phantom, that's even better! If there's no room to rotate (due to injuries) then what are the chances of Pulis just throwing on some youngsters with no experience to rest his key players for Thursday. Or do you think it'll just be the same 11 and then the same on Thursday? Surely they can't go 3 matches on 10 days...

Re: Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th This game is harder than what it looks to be. City will definitely win this but it might be by one of few goals or they might destroy Palace by even 5 or 6 goals. Stakes are way too low for City -1 and -2 is a bit risky because Agüero won't play and Negredo is a big question mark. As much as I would like to bet on this my common sense says stay away from this game. :)

Hey Das Phantom, that's even better! If there's no room to rotate (due to injuries) then what are the chances of Pulis just throwing on some youngsters with no experience to rest his key players for Thursday. Or do you think it'll just be the same 11 and then the same on Thursday? Surely they can't go 3 matches on 10 days...
I find it unlikely that Pulis will throw on a bunch of youth team players as he doesn't like rotation in general. He's the kind of manager that likes to maintain the mommentum and consistency of a side which is performing well which usually means little chopping and changing. Think of him as the anti-Benitez :lol Totally understand what you're saying about 3 games in 10 days and ofcourse I could be wrong about all this but I find it unlikely. Gayle and perhaps even Williams may come in for the Man City game but I would say that's about it. It's more likely Pulis will aim to bring some of the injured players back for the Norwich game which means some potential rotation for that match. Mariappa, Parr, Bolasie and Puncheon haven't exactly been starting every game this season so I don't see us being riddled with fatigue at this stage in the proceedings, despite a lot of injuries we have a big squad this campaign and have used it well so far. So to sum up maybe 1 or 2 changes from Villa but only 1 or 2 imo.

This game is harder than what it looks to be. City will definitely win this but it might be by one of few goals or they might destroy Palace by even 5 or 6 goals. Stakes are way too low for City -1 and -2 is a bit risky because Agüero won't play and Negredo is a big question mark. As much as I would like to bet on this my common sense says stay away from this game. :)
Of course the other side of that coin is that Negredo and Augero are the established partnership. So Dzeko and whoever else comes in (Jovetic, Navas, Milner take your pick) are internationals who will only want to score as many goals as humanly possible to be seen by Pellegrini as starters and not bench players. If this were Augero and Negredo playing then they would have nothing to prove. But their replacements really have everything to prove. This doesn't guarantee us goals, but it does at least confirm that there will be no taking the "foot off the pedal" for every player who isn't a certified starting 11 player in this squad.

Of course the other side of that coin is that Negredo and Augero are the established partnership. So Dzeko and whoever else comes in (Jovetic, Navas, Milner take your pick) are internationals who will only want to score as many goals as humanly possible to be seen by Pellegrini as starters and not bench players. If this were Augero and Negredo playing then they would have nothing to prove. But their replacements really have everything to prove. This doesn't guarantee us goals, but it does at least confirm that there will be no taking the "foot off the pedal" for every player who isn't a certified starting 11 player in this squad.
I agree fully, and IMO the way to go here is City Team Goals Over 2,5. Had a very strong bet on this with my local, will make it stronger with bet365. Nothing is for granted in football, but all logic points at City scoring 3+ goals with ease, and everyone forward pressing for more... GL

Re: Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th Manchester CIty - Crystal Palace.. Manchester City - the team with crazy effectiveness in home games , 4.78 per game average. However, despite such a high performance , yet Under 3.5 in 3 of 9 home games City has passed. However, specifically now , I think the best time to catch Under 3.5 at home. Now , as you know, Man City has a tight schedule - even on Thursday played at home against Liverpool , and left in the game quite a lot of effort , here on Saturday - vs Crystal Palace , and then another 3 days - away match against Swansea. To take 9 points out of 9 , the ideal is to beat Crystal Palace , an outsider, in "economy" mode. In any case, after a very energy - consuming game against Liverpool , probably , coach Pellegrini will use rotation , release some of the "reservists". Potential will be slightly weakened , and of the forces necessary to save - another three days, a difficult match , where it is impossible to stumble. Opponent - probably the best in the entire league for our selection to pass. Crystal Palace is now under the leadership of Tony Pulis - a guy with five years experience in the Premier League "bus parked" system, as manager of Stoke City. Tactics of Pulis well known for the entire Albion, and if you want to simulate what will take place against Man City look at away matches Pulis had when at helm of Stoke against the top teams. Here are the results of the.. last season 0:0, 1:0 , 0:0, 1:0, 1:0 , 3:0 , 4:2, 3:0 previous 2:0, 3:1, 1:1 , 3:0, 1:0, 0:1 , 0:0 season 10/11 2:1 , 2:0 , 3:0, 1:0 , 3:2 , 2:0 , 1:0 season 09/10 7:0, 4:0 , 2:0, 0:1 , 2:0, 1:0 Occasionally slips Over 3.5 of course , but rarely. Dominated by something like 1:0 yes 2:0. Of course , to believe in 1:0 home Man City against anyone in the Premier League is difficult when a certain performance in attack is already prouved this season... So Under 3.5 for 1.77 - a good option , I think. Tony Pulis knows how to put the bus, or park it. Of course , whether now another stage of the season , I would think may not be loaded the Under 3.5 - but now the situation is very good for this bet , a tight schedule , you just need to take the 3 points on the economy mode and leave the more complex forces for the away match in Wales. I think , in this match worth to take the Under 3.5 for 1.76 Pinnacle Guests barely score at all , well, certainly limited Man City to a max of three goals

Re: Manchester City v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 28th LINE-UPS - Man City v Crystal Palace (1500 GMT) Man City: Hart, Boyata, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Fernandinho, Javi Garcia, Jesus Navas, Silva, Milner, Dzeko. Subs: Lescott, Nasri, Negredo, Kolarov, Rodwell, Pantilimon, Toure. Crystal Palace: Speroni, Delaney, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Parr, Puncheon, Ward, Bannan, Jedinak, Bolasie, Jerome. Subs: Campana, Phillips, Gayle, Jonathan Williams, Moxey, Chamakh, Price. Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

I agree fully, and IMO the way to go here is City Team Goals Over 2,5. Had a very strong bet on this with my local, will make it stronger with bet365. Nothing is for granted in football, but all logic points at City scoring 3+ goals with ease, and everyone forward pressing for more... GL
Nah, bad choice...

Man City HT/FT Betfair @1.54 MC clean sheet @ 1.80 CIty will smash a few past this palace side i reckon. I cant see Palace keeping these boys out.. Squad is strong and they will easily score in the first half..
I got the Clean sheet correct. Shame they didn't manage to penetrate the gol in the first half, would have made a btter profit.. They had 15 shots against a stubborn Palace side in the first half.. Darn