Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 10 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AJ Auxerre v AC Arles-Avignon (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]CA Bastia v Chamois Niortais (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Créteil v LB Châteauroux (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dijon FCO v Istres (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Le Havre AC v FC Metz (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Lavallois v Nîmes Olympique (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tours v SM Caen (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Troyes AC v Clermont Foot (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 11 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v AS Nancy (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 13 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v RC Lens (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Le Havre – Metz The hosts do have a couple of squad issues here. At the back, Maxime Le Marchand is rated doubtful and he’s only been back in training for 3 days following injury. He might be benched or not eventually be included in the 16. The same can be said for striker Moussa Sao who is carrying a knock and doubtful. Fellow man upfront Yoann Riviere is definitely ruled out with a back problem. He was their top scorer last season but has struggled a lot more this campaign so probably won’t be missed all that much, but they do lack striker depth at the moment. Skillful winger Riyad Mahrez isn’t included in the squad, it’s likely he’ll be transferred to English side Leicester City very soon. Havre will miss his skill and creativity out wide. Metz also have issues though. Les Grenats have 4 suspensions for this contest and are most badly affected in midfield., The key duo of Ahmed Kashi and Romain Rocchi are both banned and ruled out of the match. Both of them have hardly missed a game all season so their presence in the middle of the park is going to be severely missed. Metz will have to line up with N’Doye and probably Saar in this area which is a massive downgrade, they just don’t possess the physical or recovery skills required for these positions. The visitors also have CB Guido Milan suspended, but Sylvain Marchal can return to the team which is arguably an upgrade. Upfront Kwarme Nsor is also banned but he wouldn’t have started anyway so is less relevant.Metz still have a number of attacking weapons like N’gbakoto, Sakho and Lejeune at their disposal. If Metz were at full strength then I’d absolutely back them here because the prices are wrong, but with their 4 suspensions and especially their massive midfield problems I don’t think they can be trusted. Besides, LeHavre did end 2013 in great form and were one of the hottest teams in the ligue (3 straight wins). For the most part of the season they have been a disappointment though so it remains to be seen if those results were just a flash in the pan or actually the start of what might be a decent run. It’s a shame this is now a no bet situation because statistically the odds on Metz are way off. But its not a good idea to back any away side in France unless the situation is very favourable, even for a quality side so I’ll stay away. Prediction: Le Havre 1-1 Metz Recommended bet: None Tours – Caen TFC had a few players injured before the winter break but most of them have returned now. At the back, key man Leo Schwechlen is back in the squad, along with no1 GK Benjamin Leroy. They still have midfielder Julien Cetout injured, but he’s the only real absentee. Caen’s only real concern is CB Molla Wague who is ruled it with a knock, but apart from a sprinkling of absences to some minor players, they’ll be at full strength here. The odds are wrong for this game and Tours are an automatic bet @ this price on a 0AH line. They are a fairly good side and have performed well under Olivier Pantaloni this season. Their home form deserves some respect too and no team has yet managed to beat them at Le Stade Vallee du Cher. Even Metz were powerless to resist them before the winter break so clearly you have to respect that sort of result. Caen have won 3 times on their travels so far this year – but look where those victories came at. CA Bastia, Chateauroux (who were under the useless Didier Tholot back then) and Laval (2nd game of the season). This is hardly anything to write home about and they have yet to beat a good side on their travels. Tours have the attacking firepower to take advantage of Caen’s loose play and although the visitors themselves also pose plenty of threat upfront, I could see them being outscored in this contest. Tours should never be a slight underdog anyway and taking them on a 0AH looks a pretty safe option to me. Prediction: Tours 2-1 Caen Recommended bet: Tours 0AH @ 2.04 5/10 Pre match analysis for other games will be added here continually throughout the day….

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th meatman can give their vision of the outcomes of matches 3 league: Amiens vs. Carquefou Vannes vs. USL Dunkerque Paris FC vs. JA Le Poire Sur Vie Strasbourg vs. Colomiers Frejus St-Raphael vs. Red Star FC 93

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th

meatman can give their vision of the outcomes of matches 3 league: Amiens vs. Carquefou Vannes vs. USL Dunkerque Paris FC vs. JA Le Poire Sur Vie Strasbourg vs. Colomiers Frejus St-Raphael vs. Red Star FC 93
I don't follow the national division so can't give an opinion

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Laval – Nimes The big problem that Laval have is in midfield where two players are suspended. The most important loss is Anthony Goncalves who is a key man for them, he’s hardly missed a game for Les Tangos all season and usually starts even if carrying some sort of knock. Jordan Adeoti is also banned, but this might not be such a problem because Laval would’ve likely switched to a 4-4-2 system anyway at his expense. The duo of Amara Baby and Hassan Alla in the middle of the park will still make them pretty competitive. Aside from these couple of suspensions, Laval are at complete full strength. Nimes are at full strength in midfield and attack, but have massive problems in defence. Important CB Aurelien Boche is injured and Romain Sartre who would be been his replacement is ruled out too. In addition, left back J A Fanchone remains sidelined. The problem is that Nimes lack depth in defence. This is how their back 4 will line-up tonight. Cordoval – Parpeix – Poulain – Robail. Cordival has been a bust defensive signing, he’s decent going forward but leaves himself exposed, I personally don’t rate him much. Parpeix has never played at CB before and is naturally a midfielder (albeit they’ve tried to convert him into a right back this season) Robail meanwhile, is a left winger who can only really play LB as a last resort. Of course, they’ll still have Benoit Poulain who is a stud, but he’s going to be surrounded by a bunch of clowns tonight! Nimes sacked Victor Zvunka before the winter break and have appointed Rene Marsiglia as his replacement. He is best known for his role at Nice a couple of years ago where he kept them up on the last day of the season by beating Lyon 4-3 away from home. He only averaged 1.28 pts per game at Nice though which is nothing special. Nevertheless, he should be an upgrade and I’d expect new manager syndrome to kick in with them sooner rather than later. Could it happen tonight? Well maybe, but he has virtually no tools at his disposal in defence which isn’t going to help matters. They are going to have to attack and score goals, it’s their only chance. For this reason, Laval are an automatic bet @ this price. They are usually pretty strong at home and in Christian Bekamenga they have one of the hottest strikers in Ligue 2. Laval also looked impressive before the winter break playing some decent football. Nimes have yet to win away this season so -0.25 gives some reasonable security. Prediction: Laval 3-1 Nimes Recommended bet: Laval -0.25 @ 2.09 5/10

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th CA Bastia – Niort The hosts have CB Anthony Salis injured, whilst midfielder JF Grimaldi remains sidelined too. There are some other absences which might be injury or tactically related, I’m not sure. The most important team news regarding CA Bastia is the inclusion of two new central midfielders though. The first is Nigerian international Sunday M’ba who scored the winning goal in the African Nations Cup final last year. Secondly they have acquired Burkina Faso international Florent Rouamba. Their 3rd new signing Clement Fabre (CB) on loan from Tours should also make his debut tonight. Niort are at full strength with the exception of one absentee. Unfortunately for them it’s quite a big one with central midfielder and captain Mohamadou Diaw ruled out with knee ligament issues. He’s a massive driving presence for them in the middle of the park. To make matters worse for Niort this is the one area where they lack much depth so they have to hope David Fleurival can step up as a replacement. CA Bastia had a shocking first half to the season. They only obtained 1 win, picked up just 9 points and scored a measly 8 goals (2 of them pens) from 19 matches! Those stats are obviously horrific but clearly they aren’t about to throw in the towel just yet. They have signed 2 or 3 pretty decent players in this window so far and it looks like they are after a few more too. This team is going to go down fighting and the mentality and attitude seems to have changed. To acquire someone of Sunday Mba’s quality is a real coup, it’s a bizarre transfer and CA Bastia have done remarkably well to obtain him. He’s the sort of player who could drive the team on and give them confidence. Perhaps there will be more optimism and belief within the squad now they have seen the board actually try and do something to help them get out of their nightmare situation. Some might say this is a bit of a gamble, and I must admit myself that I’m perhaps rolling the dice a little bit. But I’m going to back CA Bastia tonight on a +0.25 handicap. Their home record actually isn’t all that bad if you look at it in detail. They’ve drawn 4 and lost 4 here but all 4 of their losses have come against top teams (Metz, Nancy, Caen and Tours). And even in those fixtures they kept things close with the exception of getting blown out 1-5 by Caen. Niort are nothing special and typically don’t like playing as favourites. They won’t be used to being fancied and ‘expected’ to win away from home either so it could be a difficult dynamic for them to accept. Their only away win this season came against 9 man Brest and they are renowned for struggling on their travels. I think it’s going to be hard for them to get 3 points tonight and I’d say CA Bastia have a decent chance of at least drawing to half win the +0.25 line. It wouldnt surprise me at all if the Corsicans won and their new players make a difference. Prediction: CA Bastia 1-0 Niort Recommended bet: CA Bastia +0.25 @ 1.94 4/10

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Dijon – Istres DFCO still have captain and important central defender Cedric Varrault injured, he’s joined on the sidelines by promising young talent William Remy. So Dijon are weakened in the middle of defence which means Ousseynou Cisse is going to have to fill in alongside Zakaria Diallo. Cisse is a midfielder by trade but he can play CB to an adequate enough level. Les Rouges welcome back playmaker Florian Berenguer who has missed most of the season with injury, it’ll be a real boost having him back in the team. But on the contrary striker Koro Kone is mysteriously not included in the squad. I’m not sure why but he’s their leading goalscorer and can be a handful upfront so he could be missed. Istres are at complete full strength for this fixture. They welcome back midfielder Ibrahima Ba from injury and include experienced new signing Cyril Jeunechamp in the squad, but I think both will be benched. Istres played so well in their last game that surely the coach can’t change the XI can he? Anyone who saw the Lens – Istres match before the winter break would’ve been stunned how well Istres played. Prior to that game they had lost 6 out of 8 matches away from home and struggled in most of those fixtures badly. But inexplicably they travelled to one of the biggest fortresses in Ligue 2 and smashed the shit out of a major promotion candidate on their own patch! They only won 2-1 but they could’ve scored loads more goals. Istres were just so impressive, the big question is whether or not that was just a ‘one off fluke’ or if it’ll be the start of something different for them. I really don’t know, but I’ll take the south coast club 1 unit on the nose tonight. If they play like that again then the price on them to win outright is huge. I don’t however have enough confidence in them to take a handicap and stake more. Dijon are a solid side and have a good home record, so Istres could easily return to their old losing ways, we’ll have to wait and see! Prediction: Dijon 1-2 Istres Recommended bet: Istres win @ 6.0 1/10

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Auxerre – Arles The hosts have problems at left back where Marco Ramos is still injured and backup Karim Djellabi isn’t included in the squad (presumably injured too). In midfield Prince Segbefia remains on the sidelines, whilst upfront Sebastien Haller is ruled out too. The squad is generally in good condition though and star man Paul Georges Ntep is still around, despite continual speculation he’ll leave the club during this transfer window. Arles have right back Sebastien Cantini ruled out injured which is a massive blow. He’s been one of the best right backs in Ligue 2 so far this season, if not the best so will naturally be missed. They are at virtual full strength elsewhere though. I think this spread is why where it should be and a -0.5 line on Auxerre @ around 1.90 is pretty fair. They have a good home record this season (6/9 wins) and Arles typically play poor on the road. However, the visitors are notoriously hard to crack and will come here parking the bus. It might be that they aren’t penetrated and Auxerre probably won’t create as many chances as usual. Arles have the best defensive record in Ligue 2 and have only conceded 12 goals all season. The hosts have really lucked out with Cantini’s injury though because it means their star stud Paul George Ntep is going to have an easy match up against someone on the left wing. This guy is capable of tearing any team apart, but even he’d have had trouble against someone of Cantini’s ability. Ntep could produce a few moments of magic and perhaps one of them will lead to a goal. But 0-0 is a candidate here. I think it’ll either ended goalless or Auxerre sneak a small victory, I can’t quite decide. Prediction: Auxerre 0-0 Arles Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Troyes – Clermont Both teams are pretty much free of injuries except long term ones. There are however some suspensions around with Troyes’ best CB Mamadou N’Diaye banned. Clermont have a couple of guys on the sidelines too – RB Anthony Lippini and striker Mana Dembele. Both of those players are on long bans and the team has been used to life without them. Both coaches will be very happy that each of their respective sqauds are in good condition though. For now, I’ve lost faith with Troyes. They cost me some money prior to the international break with various inconsistent performances so I’m not sure what to make of them anymore. There’s no doubt that on paper they have the quality, but for some reason Jean Marc Furlan’s men don’t always deliver. They create chances but can’t take them, ESTAC also have major problems breaking down teams who park the bus. It’s quite possible that Clermont will come here with a defensive mindset tonight and those sort of tactics have been working against Troyes recently. I honestly don’t know about this fixture. I think it’s really unpredictable and no result would surprise me. Maybe it’ll end a draw or will Troyes come out of their slump and win? Prediction: Troyes 1-1 Clermont Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Really really poor bet on CA Bastia tonight. They played even worse than they were playing before Xmas. Seems the new signings had fuck all effect. I always say 'bad things happen when you bet on bad teams' but I failed to listen to my own advice here. Laval deserved to lose too, new manager syndrome hit Nimes and this was exactly as I feared. Even still, to actually win outright away is rather a shock. Pretty annoying because I called most of the other matches pretty much spot on, but only had a bet in 1 of them :( Loss of -5 units

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Angers – Nancy Angers are in good condition here and they don’t have any new injuries to worry about. Key midfielder Olivier Auriac is back in the squad after a 3 month injury lay off. Auriac has actually only started 2 games for them all season and having him back around will really help Stephane Moulin’s men. They still have Ryan Frikeche suspended and a sprinkling of other injuries but overall are looking quite strong. Playmaker Alharbi El Jadeyaoui isn’t included in the squad and will likely get transferred out soon. Nancy still have one of their best attacking players Benjamin Moukandjo injured. Fellow playmaker Romain Grange is rated doubtful but he does make the squad. Defensive midfielder Thomas Mangani is another who is rated doubtful. Both he and Grange may yet start, but equally so could be benched or not operating at 100%. This is an interesting match up between a couple of sides who I rate fairly evenly. Maybe Nancy are slightly better but there isn’t a lot between them so it should be a close contest. Angers have done well this season considering their continual squad problems, Stephane Moulin deserves a lot of credit for how many points they’ve obtained. Angers have also only played 8 home games so far this year, the lowest number out of anyone in the ligue. They have a good record here having won 5 times although have lost their last 2 consecutively at Le Stade Jean Bouin. Angers have the potential to take advantage of playing at home in a 14:00 Saturday kick off too. I’ve said numerous times before how and why away sides struggle so much at this start time. So far 14/21 home wins have occurred at 14:00 and only 4 times have away teams managed to obtain victory. But perhaps for once the 14:00 trend won’t be as much of a factor. Nancy are one of only two sides sides to have won playing away from home on a Saturday afternoon this season, and what’s more impressive is that they did it at Caen. They are extremely well coached side under Pablo Correa and he’ll have them ready for a fixture like this. When a match is scheduled to your disadvantage, don’t underestimate the importance of a good coaching team to get a side suitably prepared – Nancy have that in their backroom which will really help them. They will probably come here looking to be defensive and organised, whilst maintaining some danger on the counter attack. Overall I think this’ll be a very tight game, one goal might easily be enough for either team to win it. 0-0 is also a big contender with chances likely to be at a premium. I’m not going to bet anything, I think the bookies are totally spot on with their lines and little value is offered. Prediction: Angers 0-0 Nancy Recommended bet: None Creteil – Chateauroux Creteil have their best defender Vincent Di Bartolomeo injured for this contest. They also miss midfielder Mathieu Lafon, whilst the versatile Djellallahine isn’t included in the squad, rumoured because of a shocking performance in the Coupe de France on Wednesday night. Creteil played against lower ligue side Jura Sud in that competition and suffered a shock loss 1-0. Most of the starting XI here will have featured in that fixture and legs could be heavy, especially as they operated on a heavy crappy pitch. Chateauroux have left winger Clement Tainmont suspended and DMID Ludovic Guerreiro injured. The latter is especially quite a loss because he’s played a big part of their improved performances under new coach Jean Louis Garcia. Fellow midfielder Luis Ramis remains out too, he hasn’t quite recovered from injury yet and will play in the reserves. This is an interesting, but also an annoying fixture in which a lot of different factors cancel each other out. Let’s start with Creteil. Well, they aren’t in good form and lost 4 of their last 6 games prior to the winter break. Then, as aforementioned they lost in the Cup on Wed night to a side ranked 2 leagues below them. Things aren’t going well and less than a 3 day rest period both physically and mentally isn’t going to help them here. On the positive side for Creteil though they play at home in a 14:00 kick off, which as I mentioned in the previous matchup has its specific advantages. They are also facing a side who haven’t won away from home in over 30 ligue matches! Obviously for Chateauroux they have plenty of factors going against them. Playing away at this time of day, plus they are renowned as being a shocking road team. They have desperately struggled ever since their own home surface became artificial, they just can’t adapt to grass very well anymore. The last time they won a match away from home was in March 20102, nearly a full 2 years ago! They’ve gone a whopping 33 fixtures without registering success on the road which is totally woeful. But of course, all runs must come to an end sometime….right? The positive for Chateauroux is that they have looked much better under the management of Jean Louis Garcia. Since he took over at the helm they’ve picked up 10 points from 6 fixtures which is a pretty good return. In his 3 away games so far they’ve put up a decent fight. Defeats to Lens and Nancy ( both 0-2) are nothing to be ashamed about, and then they drew 2-2 at Laval. There’s no doubt that this is a real opportunity to end their winless streak away from home. Garcia is a decent coach and they look to be facing Creteil at a decent time. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Chateauroux drew or even won this game, but I couldn’t back them with monopoly money on their travels until they finally win a game again! Prediction: Creteil 1-1 Chateauroux Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 2 > January 10th - 13th Brest – Lens The most notable Brest injury here is to midfielder Bruno Grougi. The playmaker hasn’t had the best of seasons so far, but he’s still a pretty important player for the Brittany side. Grougi is always capable of producing something special and can be a massive threat from set pieces, so could be missed. Brest still have CB Johan Martial on the sidelines too, along with defensive midfielder Diallo Guidilleye. In attack, Alexandre Alphonse is another injury, which might be a good thing because he was inexplicably starting matches prior to the winter break, even though he’s a complete sack of shit. Lens are at full strength for this match and coach Antoine Kombouare has no injury or suspension worries at all. Lens suffered a huge shock defeat just before the winter break when they went down 1-2 at home to Istres. They have now lost 2 of their last 3 games and know its imperative that they get back on track quickly. I’m sure coach Les Sang et Or are seriously targeting this match as one in which they really need to get 3 points out of. It certainly should be possible because Brest are nothing special and actually have the 2nd worst home record. It’s worth nothing that they have only played 8 home games though, which is less times than any other club in Ligue 2 this season. Brest aren’t the sort of team who fill me with much confidence though and have only won 1 of their last 11 games, their better performances tend to come away from home. I think Lens will win this match. They have no excuses tonight if they don’t deliver the goods and the team is in prime condition. If they really are a true power team and promotion contender in this division, then they’ll get the business done. There are a few things that put me off backing the northerners though. The first is obviously price. I just don’t think there’s any value on them at all here and their odds look a little short. Secondly, I’m concerned that the Istres performance wasn’t just a one off. There’s been a few times this year when they have inexplicably played poorly against some of the weaker teams, maybe they just don’t take certain sides seriously enough. Lens have also played in loads of Monday night matches this season away from home and most of them have ended draws. Certainly an all square outcome wouldn’t surprise me tonight either. Overall, I do expect Lens to show their class and pick up 3 points, but in conclusion it’s probably a match best watched – maybe there could be an IR opportunity. This will be a losing round of -5 units for me and there was a temptation to try and get some of that back tonight. But I’ve looked at the next round of fixtures and I really LOVE some of the games and early prices posted up. I will happily wait, stay patient, and hopefully fill my boots next week. Prediction: Brest 0-1 Lens Recommended bet: None