FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 months later...

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th 4pts Real Madrid (-1) to beat Schalke 11/10 Skybet Schalke have been shown up twice by a fairly limited Chelsea side so I think Madrid could do something special over the course of this tie. They look so good going forward and even respecting the German’s defensive record I still can’t see them keeping this juggernaut at bay. Madrid look good in everything they do at the minute and I would expect them to be a couple of goals better than Schalke here at least. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schalke-vs-real-madrid-betting-real-madrid-can-coast-to-another-win-in-germany

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th I can only see goals in this games, with Real prevailing. Schalke clearly unlucky at the draw, having one of the worst opponents this early in the knock-out stage. I can not see them hiding, nothing to lose, only to gain...and certainly more chance of a good game at this great ground than at Bernabeu. I see a quite attacking approach by Schalke, especially in the second half. With Real the goals now can come from almost everyone, and I am sure they will love this game. Only worry for me is that I see Real much more solid at the back this season, the Italian did his work well there. Still Over 3 Goals bet 365 at 1,875, medium strake. GL

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th Will be short here.. I've backed Real -1.5 with high stakes for 2.25 and multiple scores 1-2 1-3 and 1-4 around 4.00 small stakes. I also expect goals in this game and if Real only wins by a one goal margin it will likely be 1-2! Ronaldo will be hungry for goals and he's always at his best in the CL. Scored a lot already and I just can't see Schalke stop real from scoring atleast 2 here. Many away games for real went over 3 goals and Schalke very rarely keeps it tight at the back. Their only chance in this 2 leg afair is getting a result here at home. Perfect chance for Real to hit them on the break. They are hitting top form lately and will continue their unbeaten streak tonight. Defensively they look way better than before and it wouldn't surprise me if they win to nil. Goodluck guys!

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th I have tried to resist this one but it has eventually reeled me in! I have been looking at this one for a while, when I first looked the odds -1.0AH for Madrid were 1.97 which looked more than fair considering the relative strengths of the sides but that was 6 weeks ago and it's too dangerous to play a single like this too much in advance even if it does mean missing out on the best prices. It went down to 1.75 and I wasn't interested but the rise to 1.84 last night got me to play. I don't think Schalke are really a very good team, they are the third or fourth strongest in Germany but there isn't any real reason to think they can trouble Madrid and especially at home they are ripe for a good counter attacking side like Madrid. They will play 4-2-3-1 with Draxler probably starting and a late decision to be made on captain Benedikt Hoewedes (right back) - Draxler appeared as a substitute in Friday's draw with Mainz. However coach Jens Keller is still without Uchida, Marco Hoeger and Christian Clemens (latter two long-term). They have decent players like Boateng, Huntelaar and Farfan but their budget is way off Madrid's and over the two legs I am 99% sure Madrid will go through. Madrid will welcome back Ronaldo tonight who should be nice and fresh for the game after his 3 match domestic suspension, Bale continues to blow hot and cold, Jese looks a superb player (not sure he will start tonight though) and Modric has been their player of the season so far, alongside Alonso he gives them a fantastic base to work off and the Madrid fans are now seeing what Spurs fans saw before them, he is a top player. It surprises me how much their defence has improved, watching them early in the season they looked a shambles at times defensively with hot headed Pepe and Ramos all over the place, they have tightened up a lot though and that gives them a good platform. Schalke's home record in the CL is similar to Madrid's away - patchy, they tend to beat the poor sides and draw or lose to the better sides. The 6-0 agg loss to an average attacking side like Chelsea in the group stage says a lot and Madrid are certainly a better side than them. Schalke won't be defensive as they have decent players going forward and they will know they have to win this game to stand any chance, I think Madrid will have space to exploit and they are really coming into form the last few months, Ronaldo has scored in the home and away leg for Madrid the last two seasons and will probably do so again, -1.0AH is the bet for me. Real Madrid -1.0AH - 1.84 - pinnacle - 5 Points

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th

You never know. Maybe you won't need Schalke's help to cover this. It is Madrid after all.
I need 3 goals to void my bet and 4 to win at reasonable odds. As a fan I don't like both teams, and it makes no difference to me where the goals will come from. Yes, I see Madrid winning, but wasn't it the same Madrid less then a year ago only few kilometers away from Gelsenkrichen...in Dortmund. Not to mention the group stage last year. The gap between Dortmund and Schalke is there for certain, but how big is it? And is Real that much better compared to last season? Schalke have evey chance to give Real a really good fight, in my opinion they will start verey aggressive...I am also considering betting on an early goal here, or first half Over 1,5 Goals...Have an in-play combo running at the moment with games from junior leagues, Hungarian Cup, Croitai and Denmark - if I do well, this is where I will invest further...a/ more goals and b/ early goals. GL

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th First leg in Gelsenkirchen and Real Madrid refereed by Howard Webb, a controversial referee that sack last Premier League 110 yellows in 30 games , as a rule matches Real Madrid on german soil are usually hot, the germans should try to get something positive in this home match if they want any chances in this tie in which I see Ancelloti team the favorite , but there is a devastating statistic for the Royal Club on their visits to German lands: one win in 25 games and 18 losses indicate very clearly that whites so often suffer , I think Schalke try to maintain a high tempo game, try and play their tricks and midfield up have a team with Draxler, Boateng, Huntelaar, Farfan. The atmosphere in the field will be pretty spectacular and the pressure will surely get to the maximum towards the referee of the match. Will play the two midfield players one from each team received a yellow. 1) Kevin Prince Boateng get a card @ 3.20 Unibet 2) Luca Modric get a card @ 3.00 Unibet

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th You watch the Premier league week in week out and there are no players with that WOW-Factor at the moment. Thierry Henry, Giggs in his heyday, Denis Bergkamp, Eric Cantona Real obviously have Christiano Ronaldo and he tends to deliver BIG time in the big games. The guy has spectacular skills, ability and pace. For me the performance for Portugal against Sweden in WC Qualifier, where he scored 2 blockbusters with left foot and right foot was unbelievable ! :notworthy He got clear of the defense and there was no doubt that the GOAL was coming. And it's not like the opposition has not thought of 5 plans to stop him. I like Ronaldo to score and Real to win. It's as high as 1.95 on betfred 2 units here. Christiano to score 2 or more is 3.25 on BET365

at senk: when you write small stakes? whats small stakes for you? iam also with you' date=' good punter![/quote'] 1 stake is 25 euro's for me. Small stakes are 2-3 units. Medium 5-6. High stakes 9-10. I don't use high stakes that often but tonight I feel Real can easy cover this line. Goodluck!

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th Schalke-Real Madrid AH-1 @2,02 7/10 ibcbet Real are simple far better than Schalke. The Spanish side have so much quality and a lot of players capable of scoring with Ronaldo and Bale being threats to Schalke's goal at any time. Schalke don'T have the tools to stop them from scoring if they want. They started well after the winter break but there opponents weren't that great and Real are simply another calibre. Easy away win for Real Madrid here. GL

Schalke-Real Madrid AH-1 @2' date=02 7/10 ibcbet Real are simple far better than Schalke. The Spanish side have so much quality and a lot of players capable of scoring with Ronaldo and Bale being threats to Schalke's goal at any time. Schalke don'T have the tools to stop them from scoring if they want. They started well after the winter break but there opponents weren't that great and Real are simply another calibre. Easy away win for Real Madrid here. GL
easy walk in the park for Real:cigar

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th Well, easy money again in another round of the CL. The quality gap is just huge between these teams. Real was very eager to perform and played one of their best games in a while. Big players stepped up again and delivered us great profit! ;-) cheers guys!

I have tried to resist this one but it has eventually reeled me in! I have been looking at this one for a while, when I first looked the odds -1.0AH for Madrid were 1.97 which looked more than fair considering the relative strengths of the sides but that was 6 weeks ago and it's too dangerous to play a single like this too much in advance even if it does mean missing out on the best prices. It went down to 1.75 and I wasn't interested but the rise to 1.84 last night got me to play. I don't think Schalke are really a very good team, they are the third or fourth strongest in Germany but there isn't any real reason to think they can trouble Madrid and especially at home they are ripe for a good counter attacking side like Madrid. They will play 4-2-3-1 with Draxler probably starting and a late decision to be made on captain Benedikt Hoewedes (right back) - Draxler appeared as a substitute in Friday's draw with Mainz. However coach Jens Keller is still without Uchida, Marco Hoeger and Christian Clemens (latter two long-term). They have decent players like Boateng, Huntelaar and Farfan but their budget is way off Madrid's and over the two legs I am 99% sure Madrid will go through. Madrid will welcome back Ronaldo tonight who should be nice and fresh for the game after his 3 match domestic suspension, Bale continues to blow hot and cold, Jese looks a superb player (not sure he will start tonight though) and Modric has been their player of the season so far, alongside Alonso he gives them a fantastic base to work off and the Madrid fans are now seeing what Spurs fans saw before them, he is a top player. It surprises me how much their defence has improved, watching them early in the season they looked a shambles at times defensively with hot headed Pepe and Ramos all over the place, they have tightened up a lot though and that gives them a good platform. Schalke's home record in the CL is similar to Madrid's away - patchy, they tend to beat the poor sides and draw or lose to the better sides. The 6-0 agg loss to an average attacking side like Chelsea in the group stage says a lot and Madrid are certainly a better side than them. Schalke won't be defensive as they have decent players going forward and they will know they have to win this game to stand any chance, I think Madrid will have space to exploit and they are really coming into form the last few months, Ronaldo has scored in the home and away leg for Madrid the last two seasons and will probably do so again, -1.0AH is the bet for me. Real Madrid -1.0AH - 1.84 - pinnacle - 5 Points WIN
Total mismatch, Schalke left so much space in their defensive midfield area it could - and should - have been at least 2 more. When it finishes like that you always wonder 'why didn't I play more handicaps!?' Always easy with hindsight though..

Total mismatch' date=' Schalke left so much space in their defensive midfield area it could - and should - have been at least 2 more. When it finishes like that you always wonder 'why didn't I play more handicaps!?' Always easy with hindsight though..[/quote'] Yeah - if only they invented a time machine - I would win all my bets :lol Real -1 @ 1.84AH was still a great bet though :ok

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th Haha true, but schalke is a perfect opponent for real like I said before. At home they always try to attack and Real is DEADLY effective on the counter. Indeed could have been 1-8, lol. Anyways perfect results in the first legs except for those bloody mancunians ;-)

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th I think one reason Real's handicap odds weren't higher was their previous Champions League record away to German sides. I heard this mentioned somewhere in the build up, and I've just checked their recent results away to German sides before tonight: Dortmund 4 Real Madrid 1 Dortmund 2 Real Madrid 1 Bayern 2 Real Madrid 1 W Bremen 2 Real Madrid 1 Bayern 2 Real Madrid 1 Leverkusen 3 Real Madrid 1 Bayern 1 Real Madrid 1 Dortmund 1 Real Madrid 1 Leverkusen 1 Real Madrid 2 Bayern 2 Real Madrid 1 Bayern 2 Real Madrid 1 Leverkusen 2 Real Madrid 3 German sides won 8 Real Madrid won 2 Two were drawn NOT a very good record before tonight ...

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th Correct, but I learned one thing a while ago. Never compare teams from the past with teams from this era. Most of the time it's useless, different gameplay, players, coaches, tactics, weather conditions and many more important factors that doesn't count. Current form is much more decisive in these legs. Ofcourse Schalke are also doing fine lately but the second part is ofcourse the quality gap. We saw Real hitting topform lately and especially at the back they are way more balanced than before. We already knew they are good for goals but this was an important factor for me. While ago Real kept conceding silly goals especially away from home but Ancelotti somehow build a team that really works for eachother and most important of all, a stable organisation. We were also afraid of the fact, Bale might not fit into this team with Ronaldo as the leading figure but it seems they can perfectly play together. Robben and Ribery are dangerous but these wings can also harm you. ;-) Bale a guy from wales coming from The EPL ofcourse needs time to adapt but because of his price tag the pressure was huge starting from day one. He is doing a fine job at the moment and deserved his spot in the team which is really important for his confidence and will surely give Real a big quality boost. I also had my doubts when They signed Bale but Ronaldo knows he's the best and maybe the most important thing is for his ego that also Bale confirms that. So no pressure anymore on these guys and they can go wild from now on and I totally expect them to do so. Real is a strong contender for the CL title this year. Cheers!

Correct' date=' but I learned one thing a while ago. Never compare teams from the past with teams from this era. Most of the time it's useless, different gameplay, players, coaches, tactics, weather conditions and many more important factors that doesn't count. Current form is much more decisive in these legs.[/quote'] Yes - I was just wondering why the odds on Real weren't shorter. People do look at past results - so I thought Real's generally poor record in Germany might have pushed Real's odds to longer than they should have been.

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid > Wednesday February 26th Yeah, and the most funny part is that Real odds rose an hour before the game to 1.61? LOL, but I already placed high stakes so I left them alone.. Indeed due previous records, schalke's home form. Don't know the exact reason but like I said earlier. Current form was way more important and they just played great. Sometimes I think bookies are trying to confuse us with those weird market moves. :D