Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.82[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]95.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Bet: Paris @ 2.45 (Pinnacle) (9/10) Another very high confidence pick for the CL matchday. Leverkusen isn't playing as good this season as the place on the Bundesliga able would suggest. They won a lot of games in the first half that they shouldn't have won (Best example is the match against Hoffenheim) and were often very luck (Being totaly dominated by Bayern ended with a draw). After the winter break they didn't win this coin flip games anymore and the results beame resonable. They lost 2-3 against Freiburg, a lucky 2-1 against Stuttgart( Could have been a draw), a close 1-0 against Gladbach, a 0-1 against Lautern in the Cup and a 1-2 against Schalke. They tried to rest players against Lautern which didn't work though as they had to play full 120 minutes and all rested players had to come in sooner than expected(Kießling in first half and Castro in middle 2nd half). If you look at Leverkusen's CL performance you can definitely see that they are not as good as most people think. They lost both matches against United (2-4 and 0-5) while United was struggling hard in their game, won both games against Sociedad with one goal (Pretty lucky wins) and had a win and a draw against Donetsk who are nothing compared to last year. On the other side is PSG who are dominating their league by far (Just one lost game out of 25, 17 out of 25 won). Also in the CL they played absolutely great soccer and were two classes better than all their group opponents (Olympiakos, Benfica and Anderlecht). Only when PSG doesn't care and is not giving 100% they are loosing points (Match against Anderlecht or last match against Benfica). Only thing that speaks against PSG is the fact that Cavani is out. However for this odds, this is an absolute must bet for me as I'm judging Leverkusen not on their statistics but on their playstyle and how the games they played actually went (Watched almost all their games this season).

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Hahah, I'm on it bro but safe option (0) @ 1,71. Home side have crisis at the moment especially in defence. Atmosphere is very nervous what give advantage for away side. Leverkusen will have huge problems with physical aspect. If you watched game against Schalke you saw how intense it was. They played against Lautern 120 minutes, against Schalke 90min but very intense. PSG will have more time to rest what is very important on this level in my opinion. Another is that away is much better in every aspect (defence, ofence, individual ). This is must bet (0) is very safe here. Don't worry about Cavani. It's the weakest Leverkusen in this season... Don't remember crisis as now. I'm sure odd will go down to 1,60 or 1,55 in matchday. Don't like - handicap on away so (0) for me. Draw will be good to for PSG. If they lose I will play again on them in Paris :) so no stress...

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th 4pts PSG to beat Bayer Leverkusen 13/10 Stan James Bayer Leverkusen have done well to get to this stage but they haven’t gone any further than this stage since they won the competition back in 2002 and I don’t think they will go any further in this year’s competition either. PSG may not go all the way in this tournament but they have enough to get past this hurdle even without Cavani. I think all round PSG look a stronger side and they can draw first blood in this tie with a first leg win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayer-leverkusen-vs-psg-betting-psg-can-take-first-leg-lead-back-to-france

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th From Eurosport.com: "Bayer continuearrow-10x10.png to sweat on the fitness of centre back Emir Spahic who was substituted in the 60th minute with a thigh injury and midfielder Emre Can will miss the match through suspension. Spahic's absence could be a big blow to a side which conceded nine goals in two group matchesarrow-10x10.pngagainst United and face the tough task of controlling Ibrahimovic." 800009664_7067434-597x362-1280646439137_304x185_inline.jpg

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Another great game to watch and one of my main bets in this CL round. Bayer Leverkusen hosting PSG in the BayArena. On paper a good draw for PSG most people say. But one thing I've learned in the betting world, never under estimate German teams especially at home. They often raise their game and are great as a collective unit but for this game I just have to back PSG due both teams current form. PSG keeps surprising me every week with how easily they control their games, not always that pretty and they can slip up sometimes due lack of sharpness and concentration but when it matters they are the ice on the cake for me. Really strong individuals, dangerous from set pieces and corners which is a real threat to many teams. Their midfield with the addition of Cabaye is improved and they have some real work horses in the middle of the park which suits their attackers very much. And ofcourse they are without Cavani which is a blow imo but I would be more worries if my friend Zlatan would miss this game. What a giant he is, unbelievable how many and in what kind of ways he makes goals. I have no doubt he will step up in this game cause he always does when the pressure is high. He lives for these moments, great player to watch! They did very well in their group, trashed their opponents quite easily except for the game against Olympiakos and the last game against Benfica but they already topped the group so that result doesn't matter. I have no doubts they will score atleast once here and I fancy them to get 2. Overall they have a great squad better than Leverkusen if you'd ask me. They've gained some important experienced over the last 2 years in the CL which would give them a boost for this season. They gave Barcelona a really hard time last year in the knock-out stage. They've scored in every game so far! They face the Germans at the right time who suffer from a small crisis lately. They struggled from the start of 2014, their 2 wins were really tough and not easy. They lost a cup game against Kaiserslautern after extra time and after that Schalke took the 3 points in their home. Hyppia even left his best player out of the squad for the game against Schalke. This can not affect your team in a positive way, really curious how this player will react if he starts. Without him they really lack creativity and threat upfront. I do think they can score here cause it's really a must win for them at home cause they know away in Paris it will be really hard to win. Key game and they will have to push forward which suits PSG. They can be so dangerous on the break and Leverkusen is leaking goals lately. If Spahic is out this will be another blow to their team and morale. We will have to wait and see. Quality difference is not that big but I think PSG is the stronger of the two and with their results this year and last year in the CL they are the favorite for me. UTD smashed Leverkusen twice in the group even 0-5 on their own ground. Don't think something like that will happen again but it must be some kind of nerves they had on this stage. Finally a game that really sets Paris on fire and I expect a 100% motivated side, they should already win the first leg and the odds are good enough for me. Around 2,30 is value to me cause I rate this game as a 40-60%! Anything above even money will satisfy me. With a Zlatan in great form I can see PSG win here. 1-2 is my call! Medium stakes on PSG to win. Medium stakes on PSG total goals over 1.5. 1 point on the correct score 1-1 for some cover. If this game will end in a draw than no way it will be without PSG scoring and I just can't see Leverkusen score twice. Goodluck guys and enjoy the game.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th If after the draw 1/8 finals of the Champions League Bayer could still rely on to compete with PSG now favorite for this duel is too obvious. Amazed how "Pharmacists" have not yet lost its second place in the Bundesliga , after Sami Hyypia guys lost four of their last six matches. On the tail is hanging Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04. So last one this past weekend celebrated the victory on "Bai - Arena" 2-1 and thereby reduced the backlog from Bayer to three points. As for PSG , the team of Laurent Blanc unconditional leader of the League 1. PSG are in good spirits could safely prepare for Tuesday's battle. PSG status as favorite confrontation can not be doubted. This club one of the contenders for the trophy. And if ambitions are so high , it is necessary to pass easily Bayer , which , with respect to this team , is a weak opponent. PSG has not lost a long time away - since mid-December , won since then in all competitions with five wins in seven games in a foreign field. However, Parisians received in each of the previous 9 matches away from home. So to keep theyr gates shut in the upcoming game will not be easy. By the way, in the Champions League PSG also rarely keeps clean sheets. This team received in 9 of the last 11 matches of the main European Cup Competiton , but lost only one game out of 14 previous and has a good chance , confounding status of the favorite , take a big step towards the exit in the quarterfinals of the Champions League after the first game with Bayer Leverkusen. You can certainly say that the Champions League - it's a completely different tournament in which each team plays very differently and tries to give everything to the maximum. Bayer at home is very good, in term of what it shows for the attacking potential: - v Shalke 04, 10 shots on goal - v Shakhtar , 9 shots on goal - v Real Sociedad, 15 shots on goal ... and besides PSG have only 4 clean sheets in the last 19 away games (all competitions). Stay with both to score, Yes at 1.80 Bet365

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Leverkusen are having a downtrend right now but they're still second in Bundesliga and that means something...moreover the level of Bundesliga can't be compared with that of Ligue 1 and I expect a fully motivated home side today to get a result in front of their fans at least. PSG is becoming a real force in europian football but I don't think they'll qualify winning over the two legs that easily. Leverkusen has nothing to lose and they'll run and fight throughout the 90 minutes of this match. I'm going on Leverkusen 1DNB at odds 2.15 which I bilieve are quite good at this case

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Think the point Frazer makes about the differences between Leverkusen's performances and results and how they are starting to even out now, is a valid one. PSG have many weapons they can hit the Germans with here and I'll be having a stake on the PSG -0.25 here.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th The question with Leverkusen is - as usual - which face will they show? When they show a performance like last saturday, when they outplayed Schalke and deserved at least a draw or like the match they played away to Borussia Dortmund a few month ago and deserved to win 1:0, they sureley can take something at home from this matchup. Motivation will obviously be very high for both sides. The guests often are satifsfied with a draw away in the first leg so my picks will be: Draw @3.5 (bet365) BTTS @ 1.72 (bet365) Spahic will probably be fit just in time according to kicker.de

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th B Leverkusen v PSG o This will be the first competitive meeting between these two sides. o The two Champions League encounters between Bayer and French clubs in Leverkusen have produced 10 goals. Bayer are winless in both games (1 draw, 1 defeat). o Paris SG are unbeaten in their last four games against German clubs (2 wins, 2 draws), in all competitions. o Bayer Leverkusen have never progressed further than the last 16 of the Champions League since they were finalists in 2002. o This is the first time that PSG have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League in two consecutive campaigns. They were knocked out in the quarter finals by Barcelona last season. o Bayer Leverkusen have lost their last five games in the Champions League knockout stages (5 goals for, 18 against). o Leverkusen have only scored one goal in their last three Champions League games. o Paris SG's last three Champions League knockout games have all ended in draws (last season's return leg of the last 16 v Valencia and both legs of the quarter finals v Barcelona). o Paris SG have scored in each of their last 14 Champions League games. The last time they failed to find the net was in Porto on 3 October 2012. o Only two teams have completed over 90% of their passes in the Champions League this season: Paris SG (90.7%) and Barcelona (90.4%). o Bayer Leverkusen have scored 56% of their goals from set-pieces (5 out of 9), the highest ratio among the 16 remaining teams in the competition. o Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored five goals in 30 Champions League knockout games. He's netted eight goals this season, already his most prolific campaign in the competition. o Edinson Cavani has scored in all three of PSG's away games in the Champions League this season (against Olympiakos, Anderlecht and Benfica).

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th

4pts PSG to beat Bayer Leverkusen 13/10 Stan James Bayer Leverkusen have done well to get to this stage but they haven’t gone any further than this stage since they won the competition back in 2002 and I don’t think they will go any further in this year’s competition either. PSG may not go all the way in this tournament but they have enough to get past this hurdle even without Cavani. I think all round PSG look a stronger side and they can draw first blood in this tie with a first leg win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayer-leverkusen-vs-psg-betting-psg-can-take-first-leg-lead-back-to-france
Leverkusen didn't win the competition in 2002.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th

seems like a massive sucka bet...reminds me of when PSG went to Porto last season and everybody seemed to be on PSG then they played like shiiit and ended up losing 1-0. The draw-no-bet is tempting though
You've missed the boat really, PSG DNB at 1.75 or above was worth taking but 1.58-1.6? Not even worth looking at imo, PSG aren't really a side I would put too much confidence in, be very reliant on Ibra to score the goals with Cavani out.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Leverkusen in a bad run of form. This match will be their 4th in 10 days, already 300 minutes of very intense football, and they looked out of steam against Schalke on Sunday. They will tire out in the 2nd half. PSG have a strong squad to choose from so Cavani's absence is no significant loss. Lavezzi is an able deputy and in fact is can produce better synergy with Ibra. In matches like this, it's critical to finish off an opponent when they are vulnerable and Blanc knows it well. No need to wait for the return leg, they are likely to go for it now. Therefore, PSG straight win offers good value at 2.3 and I took it. Good luck. P.S. Just realised of post-event thing, I forgot the time and just took too long to finish writing. Sorry.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday February 18th Lol 0-3 at HT we cant win en easier than this! Ibrahimovic is a freaking wizard, what a fantastic goal with his left foot. Amazingly to see what kinda skills such a tall strong guy has. Hats off for him, he delivered aa expected on a european night.