Chelsea v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 14th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Crystal Palace (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 14th

Palace have only scored three league goals on the road so far this season' date=' and have collected just three points from a solitary 1-0 win at Hull City last month. They concede goals a plenty and Chelsea could run through them like hot butter on Saturday afternoon. Much like title rivals Manchester City, Chelsea are struggling badly on the road but getting results when playing in front of a home crowd. I can see nothing other than a comfortable home victory here. I'm sure punters will be attracted by the handicaps -1.5 goals, but I'll be happy taking the 1.20 currently on offer on Betfair on the straight win.[/quote'] Got to disagree here. Since Pulis was named as the new boss Palace have conceded 1 goal - albeit away from home. Going back a little further and that's 1 goal in 5 matches. Pulis has obviously made tightening up the defence a priority, and an area where Palace can get some joy. Palace also look pretty useful from set plays, and in Chamakh (don't laugh) they have somebody who can hurt Chelsea here. Chelsea are a team that are coming off the back of conceding three goals from set pieces against a poor Sunderland team and another one in the loss against Stoke. Granted these results came away from home, but it's hardly inspiring stuff with such short odds. 1.2 looks way too short to back Chelsea, and I may have a small play on Crystal Palace on the handicap.

Re: Chelsea v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 14th Interesting to see how Crystal Palace, who indeed improved defensively under Pulis, will compete with Chelsea. Don't think they'll get something at Stamford Bridge (I'm pretty sure of that), but the question for me is whether it will be a tight 1-0/2-1 loss or a somewhat bigger loss. Could go either way.

Re: Chelsea v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 14th Source OPTA Chelsea v Crystal Palace · Chelsea have gained more points from losing positions than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season (11). · Crystal Palace have kept four clean sheets in their last five Barclays Premier League matches. · Chelsea inflicted Tony Pulis' heaviest ever defeat as a Barclays Premier League coach - 0-7 versus Stoke City in April 2010 at Stamford Bridge. · Chelsea have won seven and lost none of their last 11 league meetings with Crystal Palace (D4). · Crystal Palace have averaged just 0.93 points per game in Premier League London derbies, only Fulham (0.91) have a lower return of clubs from the capital. · The Blues have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League matches. · Chelsea have already conceded more Premier League goals (17) than they did in the whole of Jose Mourinho's debut season in 2004-05 (15). · The Eagles have scored just six goals in their last 12 Premier League games. · Mile Jedinak has made more interceptions than any other Premier League player this season (50). · Marouane Chamakh has scored in back to back Premier League appearances for the first time since November 2010. He has never scored in three successive PL apps.

Palace have only scored three league goals on the road so far this season' date=' and have collected just three points from a solitary 1-0 win at Hull City last month. They concede goals a plenty and Chelsea could run through them like hot butter on Saturday afternoon. Much like title rivals Manchester City, Chelsea are struggling badly on the road but getting results when playing in front of a home crowd. I can see nothing other than a comfortable home victory here. I'm sure punters will be attracted by the handicaps -1.5 goals, but I'll be happy taking the 1.20 currently on offer on Betfair on the straight win.[/quote'] To say Palace concede goals "a plenty" is a bit harsh in my opinion they have only conceded one in the last 5 games. Dont get me wrong i`m not saying Palace will win this game, but i am sure Chelsea would settle for a narrow victory if it was on offer.

Re: Chelsea v Crystal Palace > Saturday December 14th IMO both coache´s words say a lot from what we can expect on this match: Mourinho more than speaking about Crystal Palace, focused on the other oponents: "It's very difficult to predict the way things are going. One thing is if we beat Arsenal, another thing is if Arsenal beat us. We can close the gap or they can open the gap. "This weekend Tottenham-Liverpool, somebody loses points, us against Arsenal, somebody loses points, Arsenal against City, somebody loses points." Chelsea will go for it tomorrow with all their strength, waiting for their oponents to drop points and then travel to the Emirates to keep the game tight and avoid the gap to open before hosting Swansea and Liverpool on the two home matches schedule for the xmas season. Tony Pulis on the other hand said: At Selhurst Park you can make it difficult and you can make it more of a competitive match. When you go away, it can be, in my experience, very, very difficult. "The pressure is off us; I don't think anybody expects us to go to Chelsea and win the game. Palace definitely showed some improvement under Pulis management, but his words clearly show that in order to avoid relegation they need to focus their mind on the home games. Of course this doesn´t mean that Palace will not fight to win the match. Chelsea needs to get back on track before visiting Arsenal. The game tomorrow is crucial and i just cant see Mourinho throwing away any points at home any time sooner.

and i just cant see Mourinho throwing away any points at home any time sooner.
Man Mourinho is not the one playing. :) In every Chelsea thread the subject is always Mourinho Mourinho Mourinho as if he's some kind of Magician or their best player. Where was Mourinho when Chelsea lost to Basel twice?? Fact is Chelsea re inconsistent this season and not reliable at all on covering handicaps. Mourinho must not be playing well.

Man Mourinho is not the one playing. :) In every Chelsea thread the subject is always Mourinho Mourinho Mourinho as if he's some kind of Magician or their best player. Where was Mourinho when Chelsea lost to Basel twice?? Fact is Chelsea re inconsistent this season and not reliable at all on covering handicaps. Mourinho must not be playing well.
Yeah, you´re right! The coach isnt important. All of those paying 10M a year to coaches like Guardiola, Mourinho, Capello, Pellegrini, Mancini, Eriksson, etc...are all dumbs! You´re the smart one.

Yeah, you´re right! The coach isnt important. All of those paying 10M a year to coaches like Guardiola, Mourinho, Capello, Pellegrini, Mancini, Eriksson, etc...are all dumbs! You´re the smart one.
Coach obviously has his own merits but it's no more than 20%. It's not half as big as it's made. People act like this is a boxing match and Mourinho is one pf the boxers. Players make the coach and not the other way around. Guardiola and others have all admitted this. This is not football manager.

Coach obviously has his own merits but it's no more than 20%. It's not half as big as it's made. People act like this is a boxing match and Mourinho is one pf the boxers. Players make the coach and not the other way around. Guardiola and others have all admitted this. This is not football manager.
well, after this hilarious sentence, i´ll follow aidymac advice. cheers mate

Got to disagree here. Since Pulis was named as the new boss Palace have conceded 1 goal - albeit away from home. Going back a little further and that's 1 goal in 5 matches. Pulis has obviously made tightening up the defence a priority, and an area where Palace can get some joy. Palace also look pretty useful from set plays, and in Chamakh (don't laugh) they have somebody who can hurt Chelsea here. Chelsea are a team that are coming off the back of conceding three goals from set pieces against a poor Sunderland team and another one in the loss against Stoke. Granted these results came away from home, but it's hardly inspiring stuff with such short odds. 1.2 looks way too short to back Chelsea, and I may have a small play on Crystal Palace on the handicap.
I think Palace +2AH was about 2.0 before kick off, which would have won, with the added bonus that Chelsea would have had to win by 3 goals for it to lose (stake returned on a 2 goal Chelsea win).