** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th

• 6 months later...

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 5/4 William Hill When the order of play for this tournament came out this was the one match I looked at and expected goals and that is still the case. Both have good players going forward but you can get at both defences so I expect a nice open game even allowing for the kick off time. I’m a little surprised that over 2.5 goals is so strongly odds against but that looks a good bet given the weaknesses in both defences. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uruguay-vs-costa-rica-betting-expect-goals-in-the-group-d-opener

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th Uruguay vs CostaRica = over 2,25 goals @ 1.99 Marathonbet (6/10 stake) The openning game in Group D of the World Cup'14 presents us a great opportunity to profit in the goal market since the Moneyline is not tempting enough at just 1.46. It's pretty obvious who's about to rule the game with all those stars up front and hard-working rest of the team behind them helping them to create chances, however I must stress CostaRica were the reason why Mexico needed an extra qualification to go through. The uderdogs also managed to win against both USA and Mexico in their qualification campaign and with the tournament played in South America they're certainly capable of a shot. With that in mind I expect uruguay to win but not win it as comfortably as public expects since the first games are usual a bit of a cagey affairs! So I'm going for OVER 2,25 GOALS with a projected score of 2:1 either 2:0. :hope

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th

Suarez/Cavani to score at anytime @2.2 seems like a good bet' date=' can't really see anyone else score for Uruguay[/quote'] Suarez won't be in the starting 11, but might feature in the game, so essentially the bet might end up as Cavani + (20mins?) Suarez to score at anytime @ 2.2? Source: http://www.espnfc.com/team/uruguay/212/blog/post/1879612/miguel-uruguay-step-forward Uruguay Starting 11: Fernando Muslera, Maximiliano Pereira, Diego Lugano, Diego Godin, Martin Caceres, Egidio Arevalo Rios, Walter Gargano, Cristian Stuani, Cristian Rodriguez, Diego Forlan and Edinson Cavani

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th I don't know why the over 2.5 bet is so popular in this match. The weather conditions are appalling. http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:BRAC0010? 31 degrees, feels like 39, with a 70% chance of a thunderstrom Uruguay are without their main attacking weapon, Luis Suarez. This is probably my favourite under 2.5 goals bet in the tournament. Uruguay to win and under 2.5 goals 2.75 Bet365 25 units Draw and under 2.5 goals 4.33 Bet365 12.5 units :ok

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th 3pts FIFA Man of the match - Cavani @ 3.75 youwin Price on Uruguay is too short for my liking, though they should win this game. Costa Rica have conceded in each of their last 6 games and lost 4 of those. Instead I like the look of Cavani to be the man of the match. He has either scored or assisted in Uruguay's warm up friendlies leading up to this match and with Suarez on the bench, I fancy him to be the key player for Uruguay today.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th Cavani to score 2 or more @ 7.50 for a 0.15 stake Stuani to be MoM @ 13.00 for a 0.1 stake Even with all the threat regarding the weather, I'm going with this one. Uruguay is far superior to Costa Rica even without Suarez, and Cavani and Stuani did look very good in the friendlies. I expect more of the same here, Costa Rica's defense will have a hard time in stopping them. Even though I feel this won't be a very easy match for Uruguay at some moments, can't see them not winning and not scoring at least twice. Fancy Cavani to score 2, looks good odds to me, but I can also see Stuani scoring and assisting, so I "hedge" him for MoM as there seems to be a lot of value there.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v Costa Rica > Saturday June 14th Not at all. Completely ruined a couple of good running accumulators for me... Not to mention I had a great deal of units on Uruguay to score 2 goals.. Imagine my :cow winning mood.. For me, Forlan and to a certain degree Muslera were flops of the match.