Key Race: Becher Handicap Chase, 2.05 Aintree Saturday Dec 7th

Re: Key Race: Becher Handicap Chase, 2.05 Aintree Saturday Dec 7th Looks like i'm on my own then……. A terrific renewal this year and plenty with National fences experience behind them. I like those that race up with pace over this course, they seem to get into a rhythm and if they take to the fences can poach a healthy lead and its hard to make ground up at Aintree in the closing stages. Planet Of Sound was my National bet a couple of years ago and ran a blinder until he ran out of stamina over the 4m+, this trip should more to his liking and at the prices could go well and is 12lbs lower now. He wasn't right last season and if Hobbs has him back he's a big price. Swing Bill loves this place, he was 6th in the National and 4th in this last year. He's a 12yo now so isn't improving but will jump round and will be staying on in the closing stages. Walkon would be my instant pick if this was the other race over the National fences over the shorter trip. I'm just not sure about him getting home over 3m2f? Some think that horses that have ran over shorter often stay further on this course, like the old saying that a perfect National horse is a two and a half miler? Well i'm not sure about that old wives tale but if Walkon can settle in over the first mile then he could just about get involved as he's just the type of horse i like in this type of handicap, at the prices he's worth a nibble to complete the short list. Planet Of Sound EW 16/1 BetVic Swing Bill EW 16/1 Bet365 (1st 5) Walkon EW 16/1 Stan James F/C & T/C Combos :ok

Re: Key Race: Becher Handicap Chase, 2.05 Aintree Saturday Dec 7th 2:05 Aintree – Becher Chase This has a very competitive look to it, but there is a horse declared that I have long thought would be a fascinating runner over these big fences and it is VESPER BELL. Willie Mullins would not be bringing him over to England if he did not think he had a good chance and he certainly had some decent form as a novice last season. I was very impressed with his win at Punchestown last December and he was unlucky not to win a competitive handicap on his final start of last season. He is on a fair mark, stays this trip well and could really take to these fences. He looks an interesting bet at odds of 16/1.

Re: Key Race: Becher Handicap Chase, 2.05 Aintree Saturday Dec 7th 2.05 - Aintree - Pineau De Re @ 20/1 Betvicor I was impressed with how Pineau De Re ran over hurdles last time out and feel that back chasing he could go close in the big race today. He won the big field Ulster National by 23 lengths earlier in the year for his previous yard and seems to be getting closer to scoring for his new yard over in England. He's certainly one of the runners in the field who won't have any fears over this trip and from a handicapping perspective he doesn't look overly burdened having only been beaten 4L off this mark in an extremely competitive hurdles race last time out at Cheltenham. His mark of 135 puts him on a nice weight of 10-6 (12 out of last 14 winners have carried 10-12 or less) and at 20/1 i feel he has certainly been overlooked.

Re: Key Race: Becher Handicap Chase, 2.05 Aintree Saturday Dec 7th Looked at this race a few times and get something different every time! Going to give it a miss as a betting opportunity but keep putting these type of threads up please Billyhills. Good luck everyone!

Re: Key Race: Becher Handicap Chase, 2.05 Aintree Saturday Dec 7th Aintree 2:05 - Betfred Becher Handicap Chase (Grade 3) This is an extremely tough race to try to get to grips with betting wise but after deliberating I have decided to go for Big Fella Thanks and Baby Run as my selections. I have the Tom George horse as one of the leading contenders on my tissue so was quite surprised to see 18/1 available for the horse. Nigel Twiston-Davies loves it around here and so does Baby Run who should run a big race if fit after a long lay-off. Big Fella Thanks - 1 Point each-way @ 18/1 Sky Bet Baby Run - 1 Point each-way @ 28/1 Bet Victor Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/aintree-becher-chase-betting-big-fella-thanks--baby-run-are-the-value-in-this-huge-field