World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th

Romania v Netherlands

Croatia v Iceland

Bulgaria v Sweden

all those aways interest me dependant on team news iceland @10/1 is daft price the dutch should beat the romanians..maybe not an easy game but id expect nothing less than a win also sweden should beat bulgaria..in cracking form last round of quals/friendlies althou bulgaria have improved a touch the swedes ought to pose too much of a problem for them absence of henrik and ljung? are slight worries i guess

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th fgee, as far as im away Ljunberg is playing. What makes you think Iceland stand a chance or is it just the price? I admit to not knowing an awful amount about the two sides but everything seems to point to a home win to me. Croatia have beaten Seden and Hungary and drew with Bulgaria. Iceland lost to both Bulgaria and Hungary and only managed a draw at home to Malta. Am I taking these results with too much faith?

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Depends on the odds no doubt Pandi. You dont need to know all that Pandi all you need to know is how to pick some winners so who do you fancy? Some good stuff chaps and a great read with my supper. Its got me all excited for Saturday now. Hello and welcome to PL to Petty Cash Bandit and JoroBoro. Good to see you back into your football Jedd and nice one Swooper as i know you did that by hand. No copy and paste job for you. Figaro cant pick his nose usually can he? :lol That Kaza +3 might be ok Jedd. I reckon it will be 1,2,3-0 (as per Poland) Cant see Kaza scoring mind. Could be interested in Sweden too working especially with them suspensions folks mentioned. Could try an x2 on this for some cover.Could x2 double permy sort of thing it with Rep of Ireland who have lost once in 24 games. The ref in the Rep game has reffed 17 internationals and the home side has won 16 of them i just read there :\ I can see Ireland losing mind. Backed Israel a few times at home. Aint impressed me the way i was hoping. I like Wales for Saturday too. strong at home (sometimes) needing the win, some ok forwards, home support. I always think Austrai as a bit of a Scottland type team in the fact that their usually shite. Anyone else fancy the home in this? Austriac missing main striker Kollman. Might go for Holland too. Nah need to see the team news first. Theyre like the international version of Morton for me though and i just cant catch them:( Estonia will be missing their best player goalkeeper errrm thingyjugg and their main defender whatshisface. Slovakia missing their top scorer (5 goals) also but everything looks good for the away on this one. Another poss x2 for me.

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Alright gents, thanks Komp for the ref stats. That's really cheered me up! Nah, I don't think that's a huge stat unless he's that ref from Germany and has been giving 'homer' decisions. Thankfully, the days of getting nothing in a game when you went east or beyond the 'Iron Curtain' have gone (and the Irish are going even further east than that in this 'European' group ! I think everything changed with Gary Mackay in Bulgaria, but in that game the ref (thankfully in hindsight) never blew when the guy who crossed the ball got hacked down after making the cross. But I digress ! Group 4 is a draw-laden group and I wouldn't put anyone off there being 2 more draws this weekend. Ireland are playing so well presently that I can't see them losing as they have been playing at a higher level than the admittedly improving Israeli side. I wouldn't back France at 1.37 as the Swiss will come to spoil and this French side is NOT of the vintage 98-00. Elsewhere England, Italy and Turkey look bankers, but I'd oppose Wales as they are a poor team all round. The loss of scrapper Savage is a minus too. The bet I will be having this weekend is a 7/1 double on groups 2 and 4, where Ukraine are 1/1 and Ireland 3/1 to win their groups. I'll also have a tiny interest at a 20/1 treble, the afore-mentioned with 13/8 shots Croatia in Group 8. The Croats have already been to Sweden and won, so they are in the driving seat and with the next 4 days bring games against Iceland and Malta, I'd be expecting them to kick clear, andf hopefully stay there. (all prices Boylesports, Ireland) The best single value from the weekend has to be Andorra (can't be called lowly cause they're up in the Pyrenees, surely !) away at Armenia at 7/1. Here's 3 results from that group so far to advertise my claim Macedonia FYR 3 0 Armenia Andorra 1 0 Macedonia FYR Macedonia FYR 0 0 Andorra I fancy the away side and a 1-0 scoreline would be most likely.:hope

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Well pointed out drawback :ok I laid Macedonia when against Andorra when they drew 0-0 and benefitted them. Im more than prepared to lay Armenia here at 1.45 on betfair to hope for similar. Its worth baring in mind that 'the pool', an exchange that I dont use, has Andorra at just over 2/1 for this and Armenia at about 5/4. Perhaps more a true statment of the real chances.

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Hello and welcome Pete. I'd read the posts on this thread, read a bit yourself about your fancies, check the team news and then pick what you feel have the best chances taking into account the odds on offer. Then i'd put your money on them, maybe perming 2 from 3, singling them and having a wee treble. Then i'd take the mrs shopping or go to the pub for a few pints (oh its England v N Ireland) Come home have your dinner whilst checking the scores online maybe a few cans. Settle down for the major games or if your lucky enough to live in Scotland watch a famous Scottish draw in Italy (:hope) and shout on your teams. One will let you down but thats ok as you had them permed and your double got you your money back well enough to allow you to go and do it all over again on the sunday games. Oh that reminds me better go look at Mexico v USA on the other thread. good luck whatever you pick Pete :ok

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Classic Clueless :lol :lol I love the pen on the board and the photographer getting into the glamour totty "come here darlingic" It's 30 years since Bulgaria beat Sweden and i dont think the Garians are too confident, they seem to think its written in stone that Sweden beat them when they play. Well so ive heard.

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th "the Garians" - now that's another classic! Actually, our team is not worse than Sweden in midfield and attack. But our defence is usually pathetic :wall And you already know about the injuries and suspensions. Missing both Petrovs, Bojinov, Marian Hristov and Gargorov is similar to Sweden missing Larsson, Ljungberg, Linderoth, Kallstrom and Wilhelmsson. It's a pity that in reality it's just Larsson injured and Ljungberg plus Linderoth doubtful. I placed a 10/10 on Sweden draw no bet. Mind you, we are up for trashing another "Garians" - Hungarians - on Wednesday. The unofficial target for Bulgaria is to get a draw against Sweden and away win in Budapest. I just had this information confirmed by the would-be boss of the Bulgarian Footbal Union, our ex-goalie Mihailov - you might remember him playing in World Cup 1994. Well, I must admit he had already had a few beers with another local footy legend Letchkov when I met him ;)

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th FYI - Anyone looking at Croatia .v. Iceland then Gudjohsen has ruled himself out of both upcoming games with a "slight" strain. When you best player as already decided to sit out it's not a good sign .. short prices I know but nailed on win for the Croats

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Really, really going off Italy. Had got it down as a strong possible on my list but got serious alarm bells ringing now. Should be plain sailing, Italy has 3 sides in the Champ Lge q/finals & Scotland none anywhere near. Its just previous results, Italy only getting past Belarus 4-3, losing away to Slovenia 1-0. I'm just coming around to the idea that Walter Smith will have Scotland well organised & more committed than under Vogts & can see them being very hard to break down, & can see a 0-0. I'm off for another think....

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Sounds about right Fgee ;) I love it when folks work out their returns before the event :lol sorry Fgee just a taboo of mine. Work out whats gonna win and work out the returns after i always think. I must be mad in thinking Scotland can get a result in Milan Swooper but i do. Its my heart not my head poss but im gonna have a few quid on the draw 9/2. I am hoping for a famous scotland gritty performance which will lead us all to believing we can still qualify IF we get another point v Italy and we'll get gubbed 6-0 and be brought back down to earth and have that Scottish football feeling again.

Welcome to the PL, JoroBoro! Добре дошъл :cheers Definitely agree that Bulgaria has very good chances to beat Hungary. On the other hand, when (ok, IF) Bulgaria loses against Sweden on Saturday, it may cause the odds for away win at Hungary to go up a bit. Or maybe not?
Bulgaria - Sweden is a draw. Bulgaria have lost game at home in 1989. Forget about injuries. Forget the last games between them. It's another story now. Bulgaria have brand new team. It will be miracle if Bulagria looses this game. I will bet on a draw. Advice from me - choose another game. Its unpredictible. :wall Hunagry - Bulgaria its hard to predict too but I'll bet ot away win. :eek p.s. И да паднем и да бием пак ще се напием :cheers

Sounds about right Fgee ;) I love it when folks work out their returns before the event :lol sorry Fgee just a taboo of mine. Work out whats gonna win and work out the returns after i always think. .
yeh i'm usually the same on that i'll usually just work out what teams are good to win etc then check returns possible calculating cashback is a bit of a hoodoo for me too :(

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th BULGARIA-SWEDEN 16.30 CET presented by ecobika 2nd hosts 1st in the group, Bulgaria has 7 points (2-1-0), Sweden has 9 points (3-0-1). If Sweden won, could buy high-flying ticket to Berlin, to the final. A big IF, however. The main problem for both side could be Ibrahimovic (Juve), who is suffering with a back injury. Everybody knows his ability, so if could play, problem for Bulgaria, if not, problem for Sweden. His play is doubtful but assistant coach Roland Andersson said: „We are aware of Zlatan’s problems, but don’t think it will affect him,". It seems that Bulgaria has more problem of its own: key players will be missing, such Stilian and Martin Petrov - both suspended -, while Marian Hristov and Valeri Bojinov are both injured, and the new star-striker Berbatov is doubtful. The stadium is already sold out. Last time Sweden beat Bulgaria by 5-0 in the Euro 2004Coach Stoitchov seems to trust his former team-mates and friends: Daniel Borimirov (35) defender Georgi Ivanov (Samsunspor) striker, Alexander Alexandrov (Istanbulspor) midfielder, and Ilian Stoianov (J-League with JEF United) also has been recalled. I have doubts that with this old-boys-like team Bulgaria could win this match, even if it has very talented youngsters too. The momentum is at the Swedish side, but keep in mind: with a draw both team could be satisfied. Sweden would strengthen the 1st position and Bulgaria’s next game will be in Budapest next Wednesday. Bulgaria will play against those Hungarian team next, with which such a legend could not make any progress, than Lothar Matthäus, as boss of Nationalelf. So Bulgaria can count the 3 points against Hungary in advance, I am afraid. The odds: 2,7-3-2,45 at gamebookers. But I will go for X2 doublechance for 1,35 at gamebookers.

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th Holland - top of the group on GD from Romania but with a game in hand. Virtually at full strength, young AZ midfielder Meerdink injured in training & out for 9 months, happened yesterday, replaced in squad by Castelen. Cocu is the only slight doubt with a hamstring problem, Van Basten letting Cocu himself make the call. Intended line up (Cocu depending) Van Der Saar (captain) - Boulahrouz, Heitinga, Bouma, Van Bronkhurst - Landzaat, Cocu, Van Bommel, Robben - Kuijt, Van Nistelrooy. On the bench are young Ajax duo Maduro & Babel. Van Basten says he is not worried by Romania & expects them to withdraw (?) Romania predictably say they 'are well up for it!'........ Sounds good to me........

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th About the Belgium - Bosnia game... final line-ups : Belgium : GK : Proto (La Louviere) Dl : Van Der Heyden (Club Brugge) Dr : Doll (Lokeren) Dc : Van Buyten (Hamburg) Dc : Kompany (Anderlecht) Ml : Daerden (Racing Genk) Mc : Simons (Club Brugge) Mc : VanderHaege (Anderlecht) Mr : Buffel (Glasgow Rangers) Ac : Pieroni (Auxerre) Ac : Emile Mpenza (Hamburg) Bosnia : Gk : Hasagic Dl : Spahic Dr : Papac Dc : Milenkovic Dc : Bajic Ml : Beslija Mc: Barbarez Mc : Grlic Mc : Misimovic Mr :Baljic Ac : Bolic Opinion : Bosnia is coming to Brussels with a defensive mind, taking their chances to score from a rare counterattack. Honestly, I only know a few players from this Bosnian team. Beslija and Milenkovic are based in Belgium, and are not top rated here. Motivation is high in the Belgian camp, and the form level seems much better in comparison to some months earlier. Like i said in previous posts, I still have some doubts about the sure homewin here, but if this belgian team plays a decent game they should have not much troubles with Bosnia. For me a no bet game because I'm not objective here but If odds are 1.75 or higher I would suggest there is some value in the homewin.

Bosnia : Gk : Hasagic Dl : Spahic Dr : Papac Dc : Milenkovic Dc : Bajic Ml : Beslija Mc: Barbarez Mc : Grlic Mc : Misimovic Mr :Baljic Ac : Bolic Opinion : Bosnia is coming to Brussels with a defensive mind, taking their chances to score from a rare counterattack.
Players like Barbarez, Misimovic, Baljic and Bolic are all the natural forwards, so it's far from being some defensive formation, especially as Bajramovic is likely to take a part in the starting lineup as well(according to coach Sliskovic(source: Sportski Zurnal - serbian newspapers)). Looks like a very tricky game IMO.

Re: World Cup European Qualifiers Sat 26th ROMANIA-NETHERLANDS 19.00 CET presented by ecobika The experience against the unexperience. The 2nd hosts the 1st, both team has 10 points in Group1, Romania is with 3-1-1, the Netherlands is with 3-1-0. Romania’s coach Piturca will play the veterans' card. Cristian Chivu returns into the defense after five months. With Adrian Mutu still banned and Marius Niculae and Ionel Ganea both injured, Piturca has called up 32-year-old Viorel Moldovan, six weeks after he announced his retirement. Defender Cosmin Contra, 30, and Adrian Ilie, 31, who last played for Romania in 2003, add to the veteran look of the lineup. Piturca has also included 37-year-old Steaua Bucharest midfielder Dorinel Munteanu, who will win his 121st cap. "I'm confident that all of them will do their best in a desperate attempt to beat the group leaders, if we'll lose, it's very hard to maintain our hopes of qualification even if we would still have a theoretical chance” - Piturca said. The probable starters: Lobont; Contra, Radoi, Chivu, Rat; Florentin, Ghioane, Pancu, Munteanu; Moldovan, Ilie. Dutch coach Marco van Basten has taken the opposite approach by calling up uncapped Hedwiges Maduro and Ryan Babel to his squad. Van Basten is likely to adopt a 4-4-2 formation, with fit-again Ruud van Nistelrooy and Arjen Robben probable starters. In Macedonia played only 2-2, so it seems, that the Dutch team is unexperienced, comparing with the Romanian side! The possible starters is not known yet, but Boulahrouz, Heitinga, Bouma, and van Bronckhorst should form Holland's defense. The odds: 3-3,1-2,2 at gamebookers. My impression: Romania wins this match. I will go for Romania to win with little stake. _________________