** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 22 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Ajaccio v Olympique Marseille (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 23 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Reims v Paris Saint-Germain (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Evian TG v FC Lorient (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Montpellier HSC v En Avant Guingamp (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Olympique Lyonnais v Valenciennes FC (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sochaux-Montbéliard v SC Bastia (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Rennais v Girondins de Bordeaux (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 24 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lille OSC v Toulouse FC (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]OGC Nice v Saint-Étienne (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Nantes v AS Monaco (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Ajaccio – Marseille The hosts miss important defender Ronald Zubar to injury. He’s nothing special but has probably been their best defender this season, so ACA will likely be downgraded at the back. Alessandro Crescenzi does at least return and will probably start on the left hand side of defence. In midfield, Benoit Pedretti misses out again which is a blow. Key man Johan Cavalli is fit though and in line to make a return to the starting XI. Up front, Adrian Mutu is officially ‘injured’ along with left winger Diarra. Surprisingly, the pacey duo of Belghazouani and Oliech have both been left out by choice of the coach. Ajaccio have hardly been affected by the international break and only midfielder Mehdi Mostefa has been away from the club,. He played 86 mins on Tuesday night for Algeria in a key WC qualifier, so might be given a breather to the bench here. The big news for OM is that Andre Ayew is injured and will be out of action for 8 weeks following knee surgery. Right back Rod Fanni also remains sidelined and this will be the 6th consecutive match he misses. Kassim Abdallah hasn’t been doing too bad a job as a replacement, but you cant beat a bit of Fanni! Everyone else is fit for OM but of greater concern might be the condition of some key players. The likes of Valbuena, Payet, Nkoulou, Khalifa were all involved in key World Cup play offs recently for their respective nations. Thauvin, Mandanda and Jordan Ayew were all part of international squads too, and in most cases have been celebrating their success. There’s no doubt in my mind that both in a physical and mental way, some (if not all) of those players will be affected. Really for OM, its a nightmare that they have to play on a Friday night giving their key players less recovery time. Ajaccio are 2nd bottom of the table and have only won 1 match all season. But the key thing to note about them now is that they’re finally free of the ridiculous Fabrizio Ravanelli. He was an absolutely terrible coach for them and messed up this club in so many ways. Many different stories have arisen but it seems one area in which he pushed the players over the limit was in physical training. ACA have been working on a lighter regime recently to try and improve freshness. Christian Bacconi has been retained as ‘interim coach’ and is now being assisted by ex manager Albert Eamon. Finally, some common sense and rational tactical decisions might actually be made by the club and perhaps they can get back to playing in a traditional ‘Ajaccio way’ Lets be honest, OM might have beaten Sochaux 2-1 prior to the international break but they are still under immense pressure. In total, Elie Baup’s men have picked up just 4 points in their last 5 games and already sit 10 points off the top of the table. Add in their Champions League disaster and the manager is still of course very much on the hot seat. Marseille haven’t been playing very well recently and I do wonder exactly how much of the dressing room is fully behind Baup. A loss here or even a draw could see him get sacked, thats how precarious his position is. I really like the spot Ajaccio are in right now. Everyone thinks they are an awful side who have no chance in this fixture. But they are at home on a Friday night with many factors in their favour. I think they’ll fight like lions and be really hard to break down. The public is hammering OM here and loves the idea of backing them, but I don’t know why! What have the visitors done recently to deserve such clear favouritism? I can definitely see them dropping points and even a defeat can’t be ruled out. Taking Ajaccio +0.5 really appeals to me and I think they are worth backing. Prediction: Ajaccio 1-1 Marseille Recommended bet: Ajaccio +0.5 @ 2.0 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Thank you for an excellent write-up. From what you say I'm really considering both teams to score @2.00. As you said Ajaccio is playing very decent since they changed coach, and even though they have scored only 9 goals this season, I'm really seeing them going pumped up for this one and scoring at least one.

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th FT 1-3. I have no complaints about losing this bet because OM were simply too good. Ajaccio played pretty much as I expected but OM showed their true class here. All of their big players like Gignac, Thauvin and Payet were bang on form and Gignac's goal to make it 2-1 was sensational. I have no idea how OM have managed to play so well considering all of the factors against them. Most of their XI had been away from the club for 2 weeks which makes it even more remarkable. Really top performance from the visitor here and the best they have played for many weeks.

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Reims – PSG Reims are at virtual full strength ahead of this game with no major injuries to worry about. They also weren’t affected by the international break much. Polish midfielder, Gzegorz Krychowiak played for Poland last Friday in a friendly, but should’ve recovered by now. Fullback, Aissa Mandi travelled with the Algerian squad, but didn’t feature against Burkina Faso, so he too shouldn’t be affected much. PSG have no injuries or suspensions to worry about, but might be forced into squad rotation. During the 2 week break they had over a dozen players involved internationally, some of whom will be physically and mentally exhausted. The key for Laurent Blanc will be finding the right blend of XI for this fixture. His preparations for the game won’t have been ideal though considering how many key men were away from the club. Quiz question:- Who were the last team to beat PSG in any competition? Well, the answer is actually Reims and it occurred on the 3rd of March. On that day, a Krychowiak goal secured a memorable 1-0 victory for the Champagne side, but can they do it again? Of course it won’t be easy but Reims have a habit of performing pretty well in high profile fixtures at home. A number of sides have come a cropper here, including Monaco already this season who could only manage a fortunate 1-1 draw. In theory, Reims should be facing PSG at a pretty opportunistic time following a major international break. My theory is that the visitors will be underprepared and quite a few players won’t be fully focused. Of course, that theory was smashed to pieces last night though when Marseille easily beat Ajaccio. The simple fact is if PSG turn up in form, motivated and in the ‘mood’ then they could register a comfortable success. If Ibra is in ‘fuck you’ mode after missing out on world cup qualification, then good luck to Reims. The key is to know when exactly to bet against PSG. I must say I quite like betting on their matches although I know a lot of people prefer to swerve their encounters. I personally have a 4-3-2 record in their games this season, but the last time they cost me a full loser was way back in mid September so I’d like to think I’ve become better at predicting their outcomes. I’m going to have to go with my gut feeling here and take them on. Reims are such an awkward side for anyone at Le Stade Delaune and this match will be like a cup final for them. There’s definitely a big chance that they could catch Les Parisiens cold in this encounter. Reims were very competitive facing PSG last season and covered the handicap in both games. It seems PSG have a small amount of bogey teams who keep coming back to bite them, so perhaps Reims can do the same again? I’m going to have a nibble of them +1 anyway. Prediction: Reims 1-1 PSG Recommended bet: Reims +1 @ 2.02 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Evian – Lorient The hosts are at full strength in defence and most of midfield, but do have issues in attacking areas. He might be old, but legendary playmaker Cedric Barbosa is still a big part of the Evian team, but he’s broken his collarbone so won’t be seen on the field until 2014. Upfront, Kevin Berigaud remains injured, and now Nicolas Benezet joins him on the sidelines. Modou Sougou is suspended, although for those of you who saw his performance against Monaco a couple of weeks ago, you might think this is good news! Evian really need new man Marco Ruben to step up here because they are lacking options in attack. The hosts were completely unaffected by the international break and had nobody leave them during this period. Lorient, as ever have a number of injury problems. I won’t list them all but no3 GK Chaigneau will be starting again, and the likes of Barthelme, Bourillon & Aliadiere all miss out. Only a few Lorient players were away on international duty (Aboubakar, Traore, Guerriero). The key stat approaching this game is that Lorient have a 100% losing away record. Les Merlus have suffered defeat in all 7 of their road trips this season with a 3-16 goal record for and against. They aren’t good away, but I do think that there’s perhaps a slight overreaction to their stats. Just look at who they’ve had to play. Lille, Guingamp, Monaco, Toulouse, Bastia, St Etienne & PSG. None of those places are easy to travel to, so in some ways it’s understandable why they’ve struggled so greatly. However, it could now be a mental issue for Lorient and they are clearly very uncomfortable away from their artificial home surface. A trip to Annancy isn’t really what the doctor ordered, no team likes to play here especially this time of year. Evian aren’t in bad form either and probably should’ve beaten Monaco on the south coast prior to the international break. Under normal circumstances I would strongly fancy over 2.5 goals here. Both teams like to attack and this should in theory be an open game of football. But Evian have a lot of attacking players missing. I’m not fully sure who’s going to score for them tonight, unless Marco Reuben finally steps up. It might prompt a different tactical approach where they opt for control and target winning in a different way compared to normal. Lorient will get a positive result away from home sooner or later, but until that happens then I think its a good idea to keep backing against them. Based on current prices, the -0.5 line offers more value than -0.25 and I’ll have a few units on the host. If they had more attacking weapons at their disposal I would stake more and feel more confident but they are still worth a punt @ this price. Prediction: Evian 2-0 Lorient Recommended bet: Evian -0.5 @ 2.19 3/10

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Great previews again. I also like the look of Evian at home. Pretty solid and hard to beat on their home ground. Too bad they miss some important offensive players otherwise I didnt had any doubts to back them at these odds. But still they face a terrible away side in Lorient and without Aliadere and their goalkeeper I just can't see them turning this around here. Tough place to go and with these weather conditions it is never a joy to play away without some important players in your team. I play soccer myself for whole my life and these facts will always affect the morale of your team. With a full squad and some nice results confident is growing every game but if you lossed all your away games and you have to travel againwith such cold temperatures it is a no go. It's different when you play at home and miss a couple of players, always nice to have your own seats, locker rooms, close to your home [most of the time] and play in front of your own crowd ofcourse. We have to wait who is gonna step up for Evian tonight in front of goal but I'll put some stakes on Evian to score first cause I really doubt Lorient will step up on the pitch and take control. An early Evian goal won't surprise me at all and then they can really get hurt here. Home team on a great run and morale will give them the edge if you ask me.

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th REIMS v PSG : XI and Bench Reims : Agassa - Mandi, Tacalfred, Weber, Signorino - Krychowiak, Devaux, Oniangué - Fortes, Ayité, De Préville Bench : Placide (g), Glombard, Fofana, Albaek, Atar, Courtret, Charbonnier PSG : Sirigu - Jallet, Alex, Camara, Digne - Motta, Verratti, Rabiot - Lucas, Pastore, Ibrahimovic Bench : Douchez (g), Van der Wiel, Maxwell, Silva, Matuidi, Lavezzi, Ménez I think XI start for PSG gone be : Sirigu Jallet---Alex--Camara---Digne ----------Motta-------------- -----Verrati---Rabiot---------- ---------Pastore------------- -Lucas---------------------- -----------ZLATAN----------- Of course Reims is a good team ,they are solid at home and play an excellent attacking football but they aren't at level of this PSG's machine , yes Laurent Blanc make a rotation with South American player (Silva,(Marquinos?), Cavani, Maxwell,Lavezzi) But they have a lot of other High quality player , Motta-Verratti gone take the midfield with an Rabiot in constant progression and i think Lucas in the wing gone make a very good match after he's interview this morning : "Some people think yet , im not gone stay , but they wrong im here to stay and mark the club , i'm young i have time to show what i can do and i work for it everyday" (translate by me, in my word :D but he say it) Reims is very focus on this match too , supporters gone be full for their team and some others come to see this PSG team too of course (full attempt maybe) They maybe can score a goal with this defense with no Silva , Camara is not a big player, with Alex in back i dont think it is a very solid, they are slow and with Matuidi in the bench , pressing on Reims gone be less agressive and Reim's attack can cause some problem to them Its a perfect level team for an Pastore comeback, for Lucas too Of course attack 's players of PSG gone have lot of occasion to score and i think Zlatan gone confirmed this , and take an personal revenge on this WC elimination , is a very proud man , he can score 2 or 3 goals today :) My choice 2 single for this match Over 2.5 @ 1.80 and BTTS @1.85 on fonbet GL all and sorry my english :D

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th EVIAN - LORIENT HW at 2,1 Nothing to add to meatman's preview cause he mentionned the main injuries : Berigaud and Barbosa for Evian, Alliadiere, Bourillon and the first 2 GK for Lorient. Useless to say that Lorient is completly awfull away from home, like every year I would add, the difference is that they got pb at home this year. The recent history is for Evian (4-0 in Coupe de France on may 2013), the form is also for them. They deserve their last result with constant efforts to create good play and go forward.S So, just a french point of view to emphasize Meatman's preview. Cheers

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Sochaux – Bastia The hosts have no new injuries to deal with apart from the ever unreliable Razak Boukari, although a couple of players are suspended. CB Lionel Zouma and midfielder Joseph Lopy are both banned although at least they welcome back striker Cedric Bakambu, who had to pull out of the OM game last minute because of injury. Virtually no Sochaux players had any involvement during the international break, just striker Mayuka was in action for Zambia, and Prcic with the Bosnia U19 squad. I doubt that either of those two players will be affected much. Bastia coach Frederic Hantz has a full squad from which to choose from, with the exception of CB Sebastien Squillaci who is suspended. Just like their opponents, Bastia weren’t affected by the international break much with only Romaric playing any game time for his respective country, but that was a week ago now. Mickael Landreau was with the French squad, but was only benched although maybe he’s still got a sore head from all the celebrating! There’s no doubt that Sochaux have improved since Herve Renard took over as manager, but they’ve still yet to win a game under his stewardship. Les Lionceaux are bottom of the table and only picked up maximum points once this season, thats how difficult things have been for them. The public is hammering Sochaux today and their price has been decreasing rapidly. Typical odds on a -0.25 line are about 1.92 now and I can only imagine that price shortening even more before kick off. Of course, the main reason for this is because its a ‘must win’ for them, ad also the fact that Bastia have a 0-2-5 away record. The Corsicans have desperately struggled on the road this season despite playing some great stuff at home. I think these stats are misleading though. Look at who they’ve lost to on the road – PSG, Monaco, Bordeaux, Nantes and Reims. All of those are either great teams or great at home, It’s understandable why they lost them. Sochaux don’t fall into either of those categories. I’m going to back the overs in this game because both sides usually play a very open style. My feeling is that Bastia can avoid defeat. Prediction: Sochaux 2-2 Bastia Recommended bet: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.21 3/10 Lyon – Valenciennes The hosts have two GKs injured, but Remy Vercoutre is now fit and able to start which is a boost. Fullback Mouhamadou Dabo is injured but the hosts don’t have any other important players on the treatment table which makes a change. Their most significant absentee is playmaker Clement Grenier who is suspended. OL did have players involved for their respective international teams, the effect of which I’m not totally sure about. Kone, Umtiti, Bedimo and Bisveac all featured so its at the back where Lyon might be affected in this way. Valenciennes don’t have any new injuries to worry about, except that young attacker Opa Nguette is ruled out. They are weakened at the back a bit where Saliou Ciss is suspended and Lindsay Rose still injured. Lyon have won both of their last two games but neither has been in particularly convincing fashion. They were labourous in beating Guingamp 2-0 and then totally fluked a 2-1 derby success against Sainte. Valenciennes meanwhile, have been making some steady progress under the management of Ariel Jacobs. Results and performances have been better, but could be false because he’s yet to face a team inside the current top 10. I’m just not sure what the outcome will be here because it could be a trap game for Lyon. They are -1 favourites on the asian line and most people will be expecting them to win easily. I’m not sure this bunch of OL players will enjoy being in this sort of spot because they are definitely an overrated side. We will know a lot more about both of these teams after today’s match and I think its one definitely best watched. Gun to my head I’d say Lyon win by 1 goal, but I’m not sure. Prediction: Lyon 2-1 Valenciennes Recommended bet: None Montpellier – Guingamp MHSC have just one injury on their books and thats to the long term Gary Bocaly who’s been out of action for ages. They do have RB Mathieu Deplagne suspended but he wouldn’t have started here anyway. Montpellier also weren’t affected by the international break much with only Morgan Sanson and Jamel Saihi away from the club. Guingamp have a problem in that key striker Mustapha Yatabare is injured here and he’ll be missed. They also have a shortened workforce in midfield with both Lionel Mathis and Mustapha Yatabare suspended. Guingamp do have a lack of depth in midfield so could struggle a bit. Similar to Montpellier, Guingamp werent really affected by the international break either with only GK Ndy Assembe away from the club. This feels weird, almost false, but Montpellier are currently situated as low as 16th in the table! It doesn’t seem to me like they’ve been a bad team or anything, but a massive amount of draws has caught up with them I guess. A whopping 8 of their 13 matches have ended all square and they’ve only won 2 games all season! It must be said that Montpellier haven’t exactly played badly though, they’ve just lacked that killer instinct to win games at times or been fairly unlucky. Guingamp meanwhile, have done really well since obtaining promotion and proved themselves fairly hard to beat. Montpellier do have the edge today in terms of team news and home advantage, but should they really be an odds on shot? I’m certainly not interested in backing them at this price although equally I have no intention of taking them on either. Maybe their habit of collecting draws will continue, Guingamp could frustrate them. Prediction: Montpellier 1-1 Guingamp Recommended bet: None Rennes – Bordeaux, analysis to follow (likely no bet)

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th F%*K!! XI start of PSG has change !!!!!! Thiago Silva play and Menez play in left wing , not so good for the bts , hope this Psg want to revenge last lost against Reims with 3 goals for the overs --------Sirigu--------- Jallet--Alex-Silva--Digne ------Motta--------- --Verratti --- Rabiot -- Lucas------------Menez -------ZLATAN---------

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th I've to got be honest, losing on OM and PSG this week does annoy me a lot. I put a lot of time and effort into researching their games, more than usual. I believed I had an edge with the international break but it seems to have worked the other way and my theory has been busted. I didn't see the Reims game and by all accounts they were unlucky to lose by 3 (missed penalty at 0-2 down, who knows?). But for some reason, despite a number of factors against them, both PSG and OM have managed to prevail on the road in hostile locations. I am totally baffled at these results, but the extra class has prevailed. The only reason that I can think of why both have done well is because they must have great behind the scenes coaches who have worked on great tactical gameplans in a 2 week period, even though a number of players have been away. Good call on the over 2.5 Abd El Kader, really unlucky not to get your BTTS bet win either, damn that penalty miss eh

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Pretty poor round for me, apologies to all! yet to have a winner in ligue 1. Most bets have been small 3/10 stakes, but even still this is a concern. The over 2.5 in Sochaux deserved to win but Evian were downright appalling tonight and mega disappointed me. No home win in 7 games so far this round and some very strange trends that don't make sense, little wonder I am struggling. Hoping to bounce back tomorrow and recover some of the deficit

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th I think too long absence from competitive match has made some teams lose their focus. two weeks rest doesn't necessarily mean and advantage as i knew players who were on duty for internationals would be better prepared to carry on.

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th

I think too long absence from competitive match has made some teams lose their focus. two weeks rest doesn't necessarily mean and advantage as i knew players who were on duty for internationals would be better prepared to carry on.
cheers, interesting theory, hadn't really considered that

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Lille – Toulouse The hosts have no new injuries to deal with, but striker Nolan Roux is suspended. On a positive note, they welcome back the midfield duo of Florent Balmont and Idrissa Gueye who both missed the previous encounter against Guingamp. Toulouse do have their young talented defender Uros Spajic suspended, but crucially welcome back stud shutdown CB Abdennour from injury. He missed both their last 2 games and the backline will be massively upgraded with his presence. Lille are currently 2nd in the table and have kept a remarkable 8 clean sheets in a row! LOSC don’t always operate in a pretty way but have been very effective at picking up results this season. At times, I think they’ve been lucky, but even I have to admit that some of their performances have demonstrated plenty of strength. Despite all this I only class them as the 4th best team in France right now. When all is said and done, PSG, Monaco and OM just have that extra bit of class, especially in the goalscoring department. Lille already remind of what OM were last season, capable of grinding out 1-0 wins, but what if their defence suddenly goes tits up and actually concedes a goal? This is going to be a very tight contest which won’t contain many chances. I wouldn’t recommend it as viewing for the neutral because it could send you to sleeping towards an early afternoon nap! I don’t ever like to back under bets but the under 2.25 line looks pretty high here and could be given serious consideration. Lille do have an amazing habit of sneaking one goal and winning games, so if they prevailed 1-0 then it wouldnt surprise me. Toulouse will be hard to break down and when defending, their back 5 are tough and resolute. The presence of Abdennour will really improve their chances of keeping a clean sheet too, as will the absence of Lille striker Nolan Roux. If Lille were a -0.5 line then I might have considered backing them here, but I’m not interested in them -0.75. If Rene Girard’s men win, then it’ll more than likely be by a 1 goal margin in a match like this, so there’s little value. For those interested in a speculative punt, I will recommend ‘no goalscorer’ @ 10/1. This is a serious candidate for 0-0 IMO but in terms of a main match bet, I’ll leave it alone. Prediction: Lille 0-0 Toulouse Recommended bet: No goalscorer @ 10/1 0.5/10 Nice – St Etienne It must be said that Nice have problems. They have a number of players out, some of them key. First at the back, GK Ospina is out which means the inexperienced Veronese will have to start again. Another blow for them is the injury to CB Mathieu Bodmer who has been pretty solid recently. In the middle of the park they are also in trouble because to duo of Traore (inj) and Mendy (susp) are both out too. The attack force isn’t spared either and key man Dario Cvitanich is suspended, whilst left winger Eric Bautheac is injured again. St Etienne are in better shape, but they also have two key suspensions. The first is to CB Kurt Zouma who is banned for 10 games, and the other is to striker Brandao.Their only new injury is to CB Jean Pascal Mignot but he likely wouldn’t have started here anyway, so is no loss. Nice started the season fairly well but are now down to midtable following a run of 3 consecutive defeats. In total, they’ve lost 5 of their last 7 games, so aren’t on a good run. Most of Nice’s problems have come away though where they have an awful 1-1-5 record, Le Aiglons have been much more solid at home where only Bordeaux have managed to beat them. I must admit that if Nice were anywhere near close to full strength I would be betting on them big here for about 7 or 8 units on a 0AH line. The bookies are far too generous, how on earth can St Etienne be outright favourites to win this match? Yes, Nice do have quite a few key absentees, but both of these teams are really evenly matched in general, plus Nice are always so strong at home. For those who fancy the visitors, be careful because they’ve only won 1 of their last 8 games. Something always seems to go wrong for St Etienne, they play good football but can’t seem to back this up with favourable results. Their derby loss to Lyon 2 weeks ago would’ve really hurt everyone hard, it was an epic defeat for them in a match they probably should’ve won. I am really torn about this match and I’ve yet to make up my mind. Nice are a REALLY big price, even despite their absences and I’m so very tempted to bet them. But some real key guys are missing and I’m not totally sure they can win without them. I’m going to sleep on this game and research some other markets tomorrow. I haven’t been this torn about a potential bet for a long time. Prediction: 2-1 or 1-1?? Recommended bet: None (yet…..)

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th

nice preview Meatman. What do you think about Lille - Toulouse Under 2' date='5 ? for 1.70 . thanks for advice[/quote'] I don't like to back unders myself because freak goals have a habit of fucking me up, but this looks like a real good price tbh, 1.50 fairer odds

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th SUNDAY UPDATE I’m going to take the booking point overs in this game. Clement Turpin is in charge and he shows the highest number of red cards than any other ref in Ligue 1. Since the start of last season, no other official has dished out the carton rouge more than turpin, in total he’s shown it 18 times in just 27 games. He also brandishes the yellow at an average of about 4 per game. Nice are one of the most disciplined teams in the ligue, but with so many key players missing I do wonder if the backups will be able to control themselves as well. I just feel that this could be a game that gets pretty heated at some point so I like taking over 40 pts and also have a nibble on a red being shown. I have decided to avoid betting on the match lines though, I just can’t call this one. Prediction: Nice 1-1 St Etienne Recommended bet: Over 40 booking points @ 2.10 4/10 @& a red card to be shown @ 4.50 1/10

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th Do you think Monaco gone lose or draw tonight ? For me its time to react and prove they are high class players , Nantes is brilliant in this debut season and particulary at home but they dont have the same level than Monaco players Two of them best players gone be out Djilobodji (suspended) and Audel (ankle) maybe Deaux too Monaco are full, fit and determinated to take 3pts on road tonight the odds on them is generous because they have a very bad run on road but i think Falcao-Moutinho-Rodriguez gone prove they are not in Monaco just for the cash money and if we looking good its smell a crisis time in "Le Rocher" Ranieiri cant let PSG and Lille distanced them , he gone motivated his group with big pressure :hope So im on MONACO @2.29 on betonline 2U // OVER 2.5 @2.20 on fonbet 2U // MONACO WIN AND OVER2.5 @3.75 on fonbet 1U // FALCAO @2.20 on betcity 4U // Double @4.50 on betcity 0.5U // Hat-trick @13.00 on betcity 0.5U // 0-0 FT @7.50 on betcity 1U 11Units on this one all benefits of Mancity/Spurs overs :) GL all (@meatman i think you can follow me on this one Away win or Falcao score , im gone be very proud if i make you win this time :) , the others members too :D ) DONT FORGET !!! NEVER BET TOO MUCH MONEY ON GAMBLING !!! MAXIMUM STAKE 5% of your Bankroll if you have a very big confidence, but choose an regular stake of 1-2% is better

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th I dont like your preview, i think monaco are pathetic and overrated but i really like your last sentence. Always need to remember to use bankroll managment as sometimes I was all in for 100% or 25 % of my bankroll like crazy addict. you should post it on every preview :D

Re: Ligue 1 > November 22nd - 24th I'm gonna give this late game a miss. I don't have any feel for either team just watch and see if Monaco regain some form, because they have the quality. Looks like being a pretty profitable week in Ligue 2 for me but I couldn't pick a thing in Ligue 1 this round so apologies to all, just a really tough bunch of matches to make money off.