** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 19 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Aldershot Town v Alfreton Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Braintree Town v Chester FC (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cambridge United v Salisbury City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dartford v Hyde FC (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Halifax Town v Welling United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Grimsby Town v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hereford United v Barnet (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kidderminster Harriers v Lincoln City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nuneaton Town v Gateshead (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tamworth v Luton Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/11 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wrexham v Woking (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19 Aldershot v Alfreton I don’t really need to go into the details again of why Alfreton have to be opposed away from home, but basically they have lost six of their seven games on their travels and scored just five goals. I opposed them last week when they lost to Gateshead where they ended up travelling with just 13 players and one of them went and got himself sent off. Aldershot had become a bit goal shy, but scored three in a draw against Luton and then scored a penalty to beat Lincoln last weekend. They are pretty solid at home and without their ten point deduction they would be on the same amount of points as their opponents. I don’t often tip up single odds on shots, but I think they should be shorter than Coral’s 5/6. Nuneaton v Gateshead I keep trying to oppose Nuneaton and they keep sneaking a draw, but I have to take them on again on Saturday. They got a fluke goal to deny us last weekend and get a point against Braintree, but Gateshead look a great price to beat them. Nuneaton haven’t won in six games now whereas Gateshead have won six of the nine games since Gary Mills took over. One thing I will say is that Gateshead’s fixture list has been rather kind, but with only a defeat to Forest Green in their last six confidence will be high and as I keep saying Nuneaton are flattered by their lofty position as they have proved with such poor performances in recent weeks. Not surprisingly Gateshead have been backed already this week , but Skybet are still going 11/5 and that looks a cracking price. Tamworth v Luton Luton have been a hard side to trust since they came into non-league especially in the last couple of seasons, but in recent weeks they have been in good form and importantly seem to be beating the lesser sides in the Skrill Premier, something they haven’t always done. The other important point is they have started to score goals, something they weren’t doing earlier in the season. It is good to see that Andre Gray has found his form after looking off the pace earlier in the season. I tipped up Tamworth to be relegated pre-season and that bet looks in decent shape as they look set for a relegation battle. Luton should be odds on to win this so at BetVictor’s 11/10 they have to be backed. Best bet is Gateshead followed by Aldershot and Havant in the Skrill South.

Wrexham will be well short of centre halves this weekend. Those missing last weekend are only just back in training. Wright got himself sent off for assaulting Edgar David's elbow with his mouth so is out and we can't move Ashton into the centre from left back because the natural left back, Hunt, also got sent off. Artell has a minor Achilles injury but it could get worse so we will have a makeshift defence. We are way too short. Sent from my HTC One X using PL Forum

Wrexham will be well short of centre halves this weekend. Those missing last weekend are only just back in training. Wright got himself sent off for assaulting Edgar David's elbow with his mouth so is out and we can't move Ashton into the centre from left back because the natural left back, Hunt, also got sent off. Artell has a minor Achilles injury but it could get worse so we will have a makeshift defence. We are way too short. Sent from my HTC One X using PL Forum
Woking have been struggling to score again though but agree I would hardly want to back you at odds on. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19 I've sold the time of the 2nd Woking goal at 80 with Sporting Index. It's a touch contrarian - the simple fact is that if you'd traded this market in every Woking away game this season you'd have only made a profit once (at Chester) but Woking have only had one blank away this season (at Braintree) and they looked lively at times last week against Halifax. Wrexham have conceded twice to Braintree, Chester and Hyde at home so far this season, and the defensive worries that BB outlines above only adds to the potential for the trade to make-up. I've also sold the time of the 2nd Hyde goal at 82 with Sporting. Although the points tally suggests they have been clinically dead for a while, there is some evidence that Hyde are actually getting worse - after some gutsy losing performances they are starting to rollover in the second half. And with only two goals in nine (one of which was scored by a Luton defender) they just don't have any lead in the pencil at the moment, though they are still creating chances here and there. Having said that, I'm not sure they'll have a better chance of winning an away match for some time (perhaps until next August when they play at Vauxhall Motors) but I'm not confident enough to sell Dartford on the supremacy market. It looks a really thrown-together home side tomorrow, with Elliot Bradbrook suspended and Kenny Clark missing out to add to the long-term absentees. They've done well at home, with wins against Kidderminster and a draw against Salisbury, although they haven't always been convincing and they have been pretty healthy conceders. A perfectly acceptable trade is a buy of total goals at 2.9 with Sporting and I like the goal trade, too - little downside and a big upside against a Dartford who may be undercooked in key areas.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19 My initial thoughts are opposing Hyde again. I don't have info regarding eventual injuries (despite what Ships has written) in both teams but as long as bookies are offering such prices and Hyde failing to do anything on the field I will be more than happy to take them. Dartford have managed to get some decent results in their last 3 games at home - beating Kiddies and Southport and drawing vs Salisbury so if they don't have any problems I can't see any reason not to take them at 1.97 @ Pinnacle. Totally agree on the Gateshead pick - this price screams value as the new manager is making miracles with the team at the moment whereas as expected Nuneaton started going down and it is a matter of time for them to run out of luck with the draws and this game might just be it.

Hyde are a funny one as I believe they are good enough to stay up, but as ships says they seem to be getting worse and I reckon it has to be a confidence thing. They will surely win eventually though but personally I would rather wait until they do and then back them as I think they could go on a little run. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19

Hyde are a funny one as I believe they are good enough to stay up, but as ships says they seem to be getting worse and I reckon it has to be a confidence thing. They will surely win eventually though but personally I would rather wait until they do and then back them as I think they could go on a little run.
I'm sure it's confidence as much as anything - they've conceded 14 in the last five games, with three of those matches being drawn at HT and in the other two they were one down after a decent performance. Best to draw a veil over the second halves though, when they have fallen away quickly after conceding - heads have been dropping, which is a worry. They need some defensive work, and they will be forced to restructure today if keeper David Carnell doesn't make it and of course Luke Ashworth is missing at the back. The reason I've chosen the trades I have is that I don't trust Dartford's recent home results - a depleted Kidderminster created enough chances to have got something in a freak result, and the draw with Salisbury and the win over Southport were scratchy affairs with the visitors having the better of things. They have key bodies out today, too. There is a chance for Hyde here if they go for it, though they are almost certain to concede so I wouldn't feel confident backing them to win.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19 Yeah, I agree they have some qualities but they are failing to show them. My point here is that opposing them at odds around evens may be profitable to the point where they finally stop losing and play some decent football. It is not backing the other team but laying Hyde and after all we have been expecting them to bounce back for the last month maybe but (at least me) kept opposing them at such odds so for me nothing has changed.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19 What a crazy game that was.. grats to those who backed the home side and also grats to those who stayed away from the game as they have surely saved some nerves :) Apart from that - great Gateshead owning once again to make it quite a profitable day in the Conference Premier.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Oct 19 Excellent day's efforts - Woking didn't score at all for a 10pt drop but Hyde's second came on 43 for a 39 point profit, while thanks to the late Darts brace total goals made up at 7 for a 4.1 times stake profit. A very chunky afternoon - nice when a game works out pretty much as you say it will, except that Hyde seemed to have subbed their regular keeper only after Dartford went 2-0 up. Good calls by addpea on Gateshead and Luton, and by Dominus on Dartford today.