Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crystal Palace v Fulham (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Palace - Fulham We're dire straits and if Berbatov hadn't got injured Jol's hand wouldn't have been forced and Bent would not have got the winner against Sto ke.As a Fulham fan, I know too well that we struggle against these up and in your face sides and Palace are exactly that. I rate these two sides as bottom 5 material and over the past 100 games the home win is priced at 2.30 so a fair bit of value there. Also, I like the price on Palace clean sheet. Based on data and my knowledge of FFC's impotency, I have this around the 3.50 mark. Home win 2.70 VC Home clean sheet 4.33 Stan James

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st 4pts Both teams to score 5/6 Bet365 Although their away record is poor in the Premier League, Fulham are a side I quite like to watch. They have some very skilful players and I expect them to score in this match even if they don’t get a result. Palace have had a couple of weeks to take stock and get some direction in their season and like Fulham I think they can score at the very least too so both to score seems a fair play to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/crystal-palace-vs-fulham-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-the-monday-night-london-derby

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Will go the other way here. 3pts Fulham to beat Crystal Palace 2.90 Bet365 I think the value lies with Fulham. It's difficult to access the two teams. Both haven't started well but Palace have had a hard start and Fulham haven't been able to get the ball up-top to Berbatov and now Bent. I think the difference will be the momentum that Fulham have after that win against Stoke. They will be alittle more confident here and know another win will take them level with Swansea who others would say have actually started well perhaps. With Ruiz, Berbatov, Bent and the fit again Parker in midfield I think Fulham have the more quality here and Palace without the influence of Zaha and Murray from last season is leaving them short of flair and goals.

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st I'm going to wait for the starting lineups on this one as I have become completely disillusioned with Holloway's constant rotation. Both Jase and Bobby Woodruff have mentioned in the past about Palace buying too many players in the transfer window and I am inclined to agree. The whole thing turned into a stupid trolley dash and we have at least 2 players currently on the books that we really don't need but are under pressure to play. I have in my mind the team I want to see lineup tonight, both sides have doubts with a number of players so I'm just going to wait and see what the prices are doing nearer kick off when the lineups are out. Naturally this is a game that Palace will be targeting all 3pts, Fulham generally poor on their travels, easy to counter and inexplicably poor defending set pieces at the momment, all things in theory which Palace should be good at exploiting. The big dangers for Palace will be Fulham's potential to double up on wingplay situations if they play the standard 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. Fulham have quality in that area and I like Dejagah in particular. Bent, Berbatov (doubtful), Ruiz and Taarabt can all score goals out of nowhere so the away side may not even have to create an awful lot to score a goal which could be demoralising for the home side. Palace have simply not been sharp enough at either end of the pitch so far this season, we're creating lots of chances but not converting whilst making too many ridiculous errors in our own defensive third - it must stop if we are to survive. Crystal Palace +0 @ 17/20 is on the shortlist but no decision until around 7 O'clock tonight. If I do pull the trigger it'll be a selection that'll send my blood pressure through the roof - so many tough decisions to make this weekend, one of the trickiest I can remember!

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Agree with others here about waiting for team sheets. Fulham have a lot of players who are 50/50 to play such as parker (who has been solid for us), berbatov, hughes (could mean senderos plays :( ) stekelenburg might be back from injury. This will have a big impact on the game. Berba has been crap and uninterested this season, really bringing the team down.... If he is still injured and bent plays i see that as a huge boost to the team. Kasami is in form and playing well and could have an impact in the game, he is pretty poor in front of goal but played very well in a wide position vs. Stoke. If bent starts then betting on him anytime GS could hold some value, but again need to wait for team news. Would steer clear of berbatov.

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.10 Sportingbet Holloway lined up with a pretty aggressive 4-3-3 against Liverpool and whilst it really did hurt them I suspect he will continue with this new approach. It was quite successful with Blackpool and I think he knows Palace need to score more goals if they are any hope to survive. In truth they could have actually scored more at Anfield as they had a couple of other decent chances and Fulham defence certainly isn't on par with Liverpool. Of course, Palace defence is still pretty mediocre and I can't see this being turned around quickly, but I do have more confidence in a better attack as that has always seemed to be Holloway's strength as a manager, dating back to his time with Blackpool.

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st [TABLE=class: forumline, width: 100%] [TR] [TD=class: row1, bgcolor: #FCF5EA][TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]#FFC Stekelenburg; Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Richardson; Ruiz, Parker, Sidwell, Kasami; Berbatov, Bent subs for Fulham this evening: Stockdale, Zverotić, Amorebieta, Karagounis, Boateng, Duff, Rodallega Crystal Palace - Speroni, Ward, Mariappa, Delaney, Moxey, O'Keefe, Jedinak, Campana, Puncheon, Bolasie, Gayle Crystal Palace subs: Price, Gabbidon, Dikgacoi, Kebe, Thomas, Phillips, Chamakh [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Palace XI (4-3-3): Speroni, Ward, Mariappa, Delaney, Moxey, O'Keefe, Jedinak, Campana, Puncheon, Gayle, Bolasie Holloway going for pace upfront, not sure about the Mariappa/Delaney centre-back partnership. Just too many variables in this game for me to bet on, Fulham with several key players back. One of the toughest decisions for me but ultimately it's a no bet. Absoloutely nothing would suprise me in this game.

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Not so sure how people can be confident of the overs here, I quite strongly fancy the Unders myself. Both sides are really struggling for goals, Palace have only scored 1 goal in their previous 4 matches. Fulham have scored 1 away goal so far this season from 3 games and have only scored 3 goals in their last 5 games.. Regardless of how Palace are set up 4-3-3, it makes no difference in my opinion because they simple don't have the quality to score a lot of goals in the premier league.. I might be getting this totally wrong but I strongly fancy the Unders here myself. I also think that if any side is going to win the game it will be Fulham. They have been terrible this season but Jol will see this as a match he should be getting at least a point from, I can see it being a draw.. 35 Points Under 2.5 Goals @ 16/19 32Red 10 Points Under 1.5 Goals @ 11/4 Coral 5 Points Correct Score 0-0 @ 9/1 Bet365

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Neither team starting with their best defense (senderos in for Fulham, Gabbidon out for palace). Home team also missing Dikgokai as defensive mid. Parker defensive mid may not be match fit / sharp after injury. Away team is lining up 4-4-2, and with none of Berbatov, Bent, Ruiz or Kasami likely to trak bak well the game should be open. Think both teams will be going for the win, and dont expect either to defend well. I have taken both teams to score at 1.8 and over 2.5 goals at 2.12 (odds as quoted on betfair)

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st Hi, i don't post very often, but here goes. I'm liking the 8 or more corners market for this game. Both teams average over 12 this season and at 2/11 ladbrokes - offers a decent return. I can't see this game stagnating in the middle and i think there's plenty of attacking verve from both teams to get into the areas that force corners.

Re: Crystal Palace v Fulham > Monday October 21st

Not so sure how people can be confident of the overs here, I quite strongly fancy the Unders myself. Both sides are really struggling for goals, Palace have only scored 1 goal in their previous 4 matches. Fulham have scored 1 away goal so far this season from 3 games and have only scored 3 goals in their last 5 games.. Regardless of how Palace are set up 4-3-3, it makes no difference in my opinion because they simple don't have the quality to score a lot of goals in the premier league.. I might be getting this totally wrong but I strongly fancy the Unders here myself. I also think that if any side is going to win the game it will be Fulham. They have been terrible this season but Jol will see this as a match he should be getting at least a point from, I can see it being a draw.. 35 Points Under 2.5 Goals @ 16/19 32Red 10 Points Under 1.5 Goals @ 11/4 Coral 5 Points Correct Score 0-0 @ 9/1 Bet365
Ouch! :wall

Agree with others here about waiting for team sheets. Fulham have a lot of players who are 50/50 to play such as parker (who has been solid for us), berbatov, hughes (could mean senderos plays :( ) stekelenburg might be back from injury. This will have a big impact on the game. Berba has been crap and uninterested this season, really bringing the team down.... If he is still injured and bent plays i see that as a huge boost to the team. Kasami is in form and playing well and could have an impact in the game, he is pretty poor in front of goal but played very well in a wide position vs. Stoke. If bent starts then betting on him anytime GS could hold some value, but again need to wait for team news. Would steer clear of berbatov.
What an impact it was!

Will go the other way here. 3pts Fulham to beat Crystal Palace 2.90 Bet365 I think the value lies with Fulham. It's difficult to access the two teams. Both haven't started well but Palace have had a hard start and Fulham haven't been able to get the ball up-top to Berbatov and now Bent. I think the difference will be the momentum that Fulham have after that win against Stoke. They will be alittle more confident here and know another win will take them level with Swansea who others would say have actually started well perhaps. With Ruiz, Berbatov, Bent and the fit again Parker in midfield I think Fulham have the more quality here and Palace without the influence of Zaha and Murray from last season is leaving them short of flair and goals.
Well played Berba too. He scored so many away goals for Fulham last year. They need more of them performances