** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday October 20th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday October 20th Tottenham are still struggling. There is no flow, change of pace, and incisive passing that makes goals from open play. These teams should not be, but are reasonably close in performance. Two things that I like Spurs have not scored an away 1st half away goal this season. Villa have not scored a 1st half goal at home this season. Having viewed most of Saturday's games one thing is clear. 1st half goals are down and teams look sluggish. Not sure if it's a knock-on effect from world cup Qualification games. I think these last 2 Internationals have taken a lot out of the players. Big games, lots of travelling, relief of getting over the line. For Liverpool, both Suarez and Sturridge looked a little off the pace, and sluggish (compared to normal). If Townsend plays, does he buck the trend and have a great game, or is he also flat from the England games. Without him, Spurs frankly, have not shown me anything fantastic in attack this season. Don't get me wrong, they are rock solid in Midfield, but that does not win games. They are not able to get their game-changers going. Soldado has found the physicality and lack of space difficult in the premier league. I see a very close 1st half (Spurs three away 1st halves this season 0-0, 1-0, 0-0, Villa at home 0-1 , 0-1, 0-1 ) with Villa more than capable of nicking it in the second. I like DRAW/VILLA HT/FT. It's 8 to 1 on bet 365 and is worth a 1 unit gamble bet for me

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday October 20th 3pts Tottenham to beat Aston Villa 11/10 Ladbrokes Tottenham have already been to Villa Park and won easily this season and while this will be a totally different game to the one in the Capital One Cup I think Spurs are well set up to go and win on the road. They have a lot of pace and creativity in their side and can counter attack at will. Villa were in good form before the international break, which probably came at the wrong time but their home record isn’t the best, neither is their record against Spurs so at odds against I’ll take the visitors here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aston-villa-vs-tottenham-betting-tottenham-can-pick-up-another-win-at-villa-park-on-sunday

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday October 20th As @kevshat said above this should be different game than one in the COC, but still Tottenham really destroyed AV at Villa Park. I watched game against Man C and I'm still amazed how Villa won the game. City was better on the pitch, but not infront the goal. Odds are strange and I'm moving towards draw here. Any1 know when will be Benteke back in the squad?

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday October 20th villa: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Weimann, Luna, Delph, Agbonlahor, Kozak. Subs: Steer, Baker, Herd, Bennett, Bowery, Tonev, Sylla spurs: Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Townsend, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Soldado. subs : Friedel, Naughton, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Defoe

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday October 20th Tottenham suffered a surprising defeat at WHL against West Ham, but this defeat wasn't a shock as anything can happen in derbies and Big Sam is one manager who can spring a few a surprises during the course of a season. One factor that also contributed to this loss is the World cup qualifiers of last week which might have inhibited players like Vertobghen, Dembele who were one pt away from a trip to Rio. Sigurdson's Iceland was in contention for play off spot and Defoe was under pressure to perform so as to be part of the trip to Rio. With things settled on the international front I can assume that Spurs players will renew their quest for the CL place with renewed zeal. They have conceded very few goals, with only Chelsea and Arsenal managing to breach their defense. Aston Villa are no mugs as their result agains and Arsenal City has proved but while they can successfully fight for survival in the PL they will struggle against team like Spurs as the surprise effect has worn off and teams visiting Villa part will be on their guard from now on. Benteke might take part in this match but the Spurs rearguard can shackle him in my opinion. Correct score 0-1, 0-2 @ 9.00 and 12.00 LAD look appealing to me.