Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fulham v Stoke City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th I'd like to give some information on Fulham's last game as though not a supporter I was at the game on saturday. They were rubbish, and should have lost by more. The first half was probably the worst I have seen any PL team play for some years. The GK hit 6 successive goal kicks into the touchlines, Hangeland didn't jump for a header once and I think from 8 set pieces (corners and goal kicks) they lost every header towards goal. One resulted in a goal for Caulker, another hit the bar from Turner, another was parried by Stockdale, one cleared off the line from Gunnarrsson, and others were narrowly wide. Stoke should have a field day against this defence from set pieces. The central midfielders Karagounis and Sidwell are horribly limited, and the former has as much strength as a 6 year old girl, luckilly the ref didn't fall for any of his falls. Bent and Berbatov didn't work at all, Berbatov gave up running in the 65/70th minute, was constantly ranting at the long-ball hoofs from Hangeland and Bent for his lack of diagonal runs. The 2nd half was more even but Cardiff were never stretched. The goal, though it seemed lucky was fully deserved after the 1st half performance. If Fulham play 4-4-2 and Stoke play 3 in centre mid then Fulham will almost certainly lose. The crowd was awful too, and the players don't look like they want to fight for results. Depending on team news Stoke will could be the bet of the weekend

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th 2 much pressure on Fulham to get a result. bent and berbatov have stalled but they have never been consistent anyway. they could turn up their game or not but either way stoke will frustrate them. I don't see a clear winner. no bet

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th Apart from the last defeat at home to Norwich, Stoke have had a different approach to the season, reducing the huff upfront and trying to actually play football. I watched them at home to Man City earlier in the season and they played them off the park. As for Fulham they have had a poor start to the season, apart from the win on the first day of the season and the comeback against Everton in the Capital One cup (which was lucky) they have been lacklustre despite their promising strike force. The game looks nailed on to be a draw which these stats; Stoke have failed to win 28 of their last 31 away games and Fulham have lost 6 of their last 7 home matches in the premier league. Do expect fireworks, wouldn't be surprised if this ended 0-0.

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th Stoke were absolutely dire against Norwich on Sunday. The worst home performance ive seen from them in the premier league. It has since emerged that there is a rift between players with Shawcross and Jones falling out over the latters outspoken mocking and criticism of Pulis. It could all blow over quickly or this one could rumble on for a while.In view of this it makes it awkward to bet on for me. There's no doubt it clearly affected the performance on Sunday. Who knows whether it will be cleared up or not for the Fulham match.

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th Things keep getting worse and worse for FFC. Neither team can score goals which points to a dull bore draw but, no draws between the sides in last 10 suggests a win either side. I think the writing is on the wall for Jol, he simply cannot get any more out of the players. Stats suggest there is fair value on the away win but Fulham's decent record v Stoke at home over the years means I'd rather go the DnB route. If they win, it's going to be a narrow one, and I can see them nicking it by 1. Stoke DnB 2.20 Stoke by 1 goal 4/1

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th Agree with what has been said here, value is in Stoke. Doubt I will bet on this fixture as Fulham and Stoke are both far too unpredictable. Will look at odds for BTTS. cant see Jol staying much longer, if he loses this game he is surely gone. Manager has Lost the plot Fabs are fed up Players don't seem to care

If Fulham were playing anyone other than Stoke I'd say the away side are value. But you just couldn't trust Stoke under four away from home. Their away form is historically poor and they don't appear to have moved forward from the Tony Pulis era. Two poor sides under very difficult circumstances in need of three points. Having said that I can't see either being too attack minded as a loss would be too big a burden to bare.

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th

Agree with what has been said here, value is in Stoke. Doubt I will bet on this fixture as Fulham and Stoke are both far too unpredictable. Will look at odds for BTTS. cant see Jol staying much longer, if he loses this game he is surely gone. Manager has Lost the plot Fabs are fed up Players don't seem to care
We're shocking mate. The second half v Everton seemed to offer some encouragement but that optimism soon vanished. I wouldn't say he's lost the dressing room, but he certainly can't inspire them anymore. I am surprised he hasn't gone this week, and I would be extremely surprised if Stoke don't capitalize and Jol doesn't lose his job next week.

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th I'd honestly still rate Fulham has being the better team of the two teams here. Stoke have looked decent and hard-working under Hughes but they lack any sort of creativity spark going forward. Fulham have disappointed so far this season but Berbatov is still a class act and Bent a reliable goal-scorer. Fulham look too big available at 2.45 for this game. I was expecting them to be around 5/4 to be honest so I see good value here.

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th Psychologically this is a tricky one. The Fulham fans seem to be set against Jol, but they also don't like ex-manager Hughes, so Jol might get some respite this afternoon. But the fans will surely turn on Jol again if Fulham lose to their Hughes' new team.

We're shocking mate. The second half v Everton seemed to offer some encouragement but that optimism soon vanished. I wouldn't say he's lost the dressing room' date=' but he certainly can't inspire them anymore. I am surprised he hasn't gone this week, and I would be extremely surprised if Stoke don't capitalize and Jol doesn't lose his job next week.[/quote'] Are you a Fulham fan mate? I'm about to head off to the cottage now (ST Holder) :)

Re: Fulham v Stoke City > Saturday October 5th Unbelievable :lol Fulham were totally outclassed and were amazingly lucky not to concede; a play on Stoke would have won probably 9 out of 10 weeks..... that's football I guess. Jol and Fulham are still under huge pressure despite this miraculous result.

Are you a Fulham fan mate? I'm about to head off to the cottage now (ST Holder) :)
Yup. How was it? Didn't go but by the sounds of it Glenn Whelan did us a favour by injuring Berbatov and forcing Jol's hand to replace him with Bent.