** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Forum down

Re: Forum down We always need to know the specifics of what error you encountered and a screenshot is very helpful too. :ok However, there has been a recent software update and in the last half hour our tech guy has just spotted and fixed an issue, so speed should be back to normal, but we're keeping an eye on it. ;)

Re: Forum down

We always need to know the specifics of what error you encountered and a screenshot is very helpful too. :ok
There wasn't any error message (although I think I once got a proxy error when I kept reloading the screen). I just couldn't access the forum at all. Tried from more than one computer. The main PL site was there, just couldn't access the forum. I see someone else had the same issue.

Re: Forum down Does anyone know what the story is with the website? It's been down 3 times this week for hours and I couldn't post anything which was a pity for yesterday, but we'll say no more.... I know all websites have to be taken down due to maintenance, upgrades, spam or even hackers but it would be cool if we could get some notice (maybe with a banner or something) so as we could schedule our postings around those times when it isn't down. I realise that is only possible for maintenance and upgrades. Thanks Joe

it would be cool if we could get some notice (maybe with a banner or something) so as we could schedule our postings around those times when it isn't down. I realise that is only possible for maintenance and upgrades. Thanks Joe
I was thinking the same thing - it would be helpful if a 'site down for scheduled maintenance' type message could be displayed, together with some idea of when it is due back. 188Bet sometimes display this type of message when their site is down.

Re: Forum down I get an SMS when the site is actually down, so I can tell you it definitely wasn't down for hours. It was taken down for a few hours after midnight a while ago to do a VBulletin update. After that, we had an issue that we've spotted and now resolved and the forum is now very fast. If you have trouble accessing PL, please email us with exactly the issue you are experiencing or via our facebook. :ok

I get an SMS when the site is actually down' date=' so I can tell you it definitely wasn't down for hours.[/quote'] Equally Paul, I can tell you I definitely couldn't access the forum between 9am and 3.30pm on Thursday (note it was the forum I couldn't access - I could access punterslounge.com) I'll email if it happens again.

Re: Forum down Fair comment MP - there is an issue that keeps popping up, was fixed, then it created another issue. That was fixed last night, hopefully for good. PL is quite a balancing act, mainly because of the forum. mysql (database connections) gets clogged up every now and then, as well as other technical issues here and there, but we have a great tech guy that does nail the issues as quick as they are reported. Sometimes it's not so easy to find the issue too, but regarding webhost, we have the best in the business as I won't go cheap on hosting. Our host is Rackspace. :ok