BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13

smith17

3.10 Longchamp: Dunaden, 6/1 >boylesports, win Dunaden finished a 1½L second to the top class Novellist lto in a group 1 at Saint Cloud. He has some very good form in top class company and he should go close. Today's trip is ideal and the ground will suit. Orfevre is the stand out horse in the race but he hasn't run since March and might need this.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 350 Curragh: Ahzeemah 6/1 SJ/Betfred The Godolphin horse won well last time at York from the top class Simenon and Times Up and that piece of form stands out for me despite a slight drop in trip. Goes on any ground and the yard is in terrific form at the moment. Times Up upheld the form this week at Doncaster and i reckon 6/1 represents a fair bit of value as the two 'home' market leaders look a bit short to me.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 15.15 Curragh: Darwin @ 4/6 Boylesports Darwin looks an exciting prospect. He cost an awful lot of money as a yearling, and was hugely impressive on his debut in the USA. He settled well in Ballydoyle after his transfer to Europe as it seems, as he won on his Irish debut a 3-runner race easily and followed up with a strong success in the Minstrel Stakes at the Curragh two month ago, beating subsequent G1 Haydock Sprint Cup winner Gordon Lord Byron in good style. He's encountering no opposition of similar class today, and only the step up in trip plus the ground might be a slight concern. But his pedigree give him every chance to stay the trip while the ground might be not blistering fast but should be okay for him as well. Hard to see him getting beaten in this race.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 2.40 Longchamp - Silasol 1pt win @ 12/1 Bet365 Main bet today is Flintshire and although it's fairly likely that the top 3 in the betting for the Arc will win each of their races today, I am going to take a chance on Silasol. This horse is twice a group 1 winner on testing ground and even though he has been well beaten by Treve on good ground I feel conditions today could bring them closer together. Peslier is top notch and I don't think this horse can be ruled out.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 5.20om @ Bath 'Tartary' 9/1 (PP) Ran no sort of race last time out but something clearly amiss and usually a more reliable performer. Has been given a break since then so if whatever was ailing it is sorted will have a big chance today. Has beaten better horses in the past than faces here at Bath. Campaigned mainly at 6 furlongs but won a trappy little little race here at Bath 2 starts back over 5 and won it well enough, not looking short of speed that day. I fancy a repeat. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 2.40 BATH BEYOND @ 16/1 BET365 BOG .5EW This horse has been highly tried of late with three of his last four runs coming is class 2 events, the Goodwood Stakes (twice), where he finished a close 4th in 2012 and the Cesarewitch. In between he won a class 4 off 85, runs off 89 today but WTD takes off a useful 3lb. Now the race has cut up he could dominate and has a solid ew chance at a big price.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 Curr 4.25 - Toormore - win at 13/8 bog bet365 Won the group 2 Vintage stakes at Goodwood and the horse he beat, Outstrip, won the G2 Champagne Stakes at Donny yesterday. he 3rd horse, Parbold was just touched off in the G2 Gimcrack at York That probably makes Toormore a pretty slid group one horse Today he's up against a horse who's already won a group one, Sudirman, who's the main market rival. I think the ground migh be turning against him as his trainer has said that he must have fast ground and it's turned to good to yielding after some rain today My horse won on good to soft Only 5 runners and O'Brien runs 2, it was 3 but one of his is a non runner...........he intended to run 3 which maybe suggests he's not sure if he has a good one ? I'm happy to go with Hannon and Hughes today

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 1515 curragh 1pt win darwin 8/13 bet365 won 3 from 4 races and if he wins today he may take part in the race entry he has at the end of month at the newmarket champions meeting,won well last time out albeit he was getting some weight, but he is improving and should be able to win here

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 Curragh 3:50 - Gain Irish St Leger (Group 1) You can make a strong case for the top six in the market here with Ahzeemah, Pale Mimosa, Royal Diamond, Red Cadeaux and Voleuse De Coeurs all having strong credentials. However, I personally think that the Aidan O'Brien trained Ernest Hemingway has the beating of all of them if he shows his best form. The colt disappointed when long odds-on favourite last time out but previously destroyed Royal Diamond. Ernest Hemingway - 1 Point WIN @ 11/2 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 5.20 The Art Of Racing @ Bath - Been running well over the last year with 2 wins 2 seconds and a third from 9 runs. Been running in class 3 races last two runs so the drop in class will help as will having usual jockey Harry Bentley onboard. Bentley is in good form right now with 4 wins from his last 12 rides. Trainer Olly Stevens is also in good form with 3 winners from 5 horses he also has an 18% strike rate on the turf this year. 0.5pt E/W @ 10/1 @ William Hill

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 F5.05 Heros Story 1pt Win 11/2 Stan James Jim Crowley has just ridden a winner at the meeting and I hope he can land another one on board this one in the penultimate race. The key here is the ground and the horse has only encountered give in the ground once resulting in its best effort when 3rd of 11. That 3rd place finish was over a furlong shorter when staying on and unable to reach the front 2 so I think todays trip could be perfect. I hope Crowley will not get too far back and stay on in the closing stages to hopefully land the spoils.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13 17.35 Ffos Las Coalburn - 1PT Win 16/1 BetVictor Coalburn is yet to place in 5 starts but he hasn't been beaten too far on his two starts this year and on a mark of 45 with 3lb claimer Simon Pearce on board he looks like he could spring a surprise here. He's also wearing a visor for the first time which should improve his chances.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 15/9/13

17.35 Ffos Las Coalburn - 1PT Win 16/1 BetVictor Coalburn is yet to place in 5 starts but he hasn't been beaten too far on his two starts this year and on a mark of 45 with 3lb claimer Simon Pearce on board he looks like he could spring a surprise here. He's also wearing a visor for the first time which should improve his chances.
thank-you for coalburn followed you on that