** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

EuroBasket 2013 - day 5

mcege

Lithuania - Montenegro In tournaments, I don't change my betting tendencies, unless I see a proof to do that. Yes, Lithuania failed to cover the spread against Latvians, by a buzzer beater 3 pointer, but it was a 50-50 game and if Latvia didn't miss four open lay ups, which a junior player can score without a problem, Lithuanians would've seen the nightmare, anyway. M.Kalnietis is a solid scorer type guard, but his playmaking abilities and accuracy to take the correct decisions are both terrible. That causes Lithuania not to reach their offensive potential and make them to have struggling sequences for consecutive 3-4 offensive plays, throughout the games. Montenegro is in do, or die situation, they have a spiritual team and they play kind of chaos basketball, I admire their coach, Luka Pavicevic, for me he's a ultra talented and promising young coach and I so far, liked his team's performance. Missing such big's like Nikola Pekovic, Nikola Mirotic and Marko Todorovic kills their chance for silverware, but they still have ok depth and quality to match with Lithuanians' strongest point, big's. Teams are coming out of a day rest, Montenegrins lost to Latvia by a buzzer beater and to Bosnia after blowing a good deficit. That rest day was important for them to regroup, before this do, or die game. Ofc, Lithuania also got rested, but I just wanted to say Montenegro needed that more. Lithuania's problems are about the structure of the squad, whereas Montenegro can not close the games. I believe, latter is more repairable. Montenegro has weapons against Lithuania's strong points, Tyrese Rice is an explosive player, who should prevent them to have offensive droughts for long sequences and they're in a do, or die situation against an unconvincing favourite. I'll take the points with huge love.... Montenegro(+8) 5/10 @ 1.98

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5 Israel - Belgium You can read what I think about Israel, in Day 3 thread, I watched the first half against France and my thoughts about them didn't change obviously. They still have chance to qualify mathematically, but if you ask me, they exited this tournament in the very first day, by losing to Great Britain. I don't think, players will believe they have chance to qualify. Israel was in same position in EuroBasket 2011, they won the remaining two group games, after losing first three. But, as I already said one of the previous days, that was a better Israeli team and those two wins came against the teams without any chance to qualify, as well. I like Belgian team, they are a limited team, but they know their boundaries and strong sides. With Finland and Greece, Belgium is the best "team", so far. They fight for every ball, guards help rebounding, they share the ball perfectly at offensive end, they never miss to make an extra pass...They have superior front court when compared with Israel, they have limited, but smart back court. They know with a win, they'll make to the next round and it's not a young team at all, they have some experienced veterans, I believe they'll handle the situation well. Israel is a depleted team, one day rest will probably do good to them, but I certainly believe they'll be even more fragile today due to lack of realistic chances to qualify. They'll miss Alex Tyus, only potential player to match with Belgians' physical front court, because of his athleticism. Players like Y.Halperin and O.Casspi showed signs of boredom, as both had terrible season with their clubs, championship is not going well, neither. Belgium to win by 6 points.

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5 Sweden - Turkey I'm sorry, but I must be missing something. Finland led the game once by 19 points against Turkey, Italy without 5-6 main rotation players could've won by 20-25 against Turkey and finally, Greece without V.Spanoulis could've won 30-35 points against Turkey. Turkey has the worst FT percentage, fourth worst defense in terms of points allowed, fourth worst offense in terms of points scored...Only positive stats, which Turkey is in top 10 as a team is turnovers. They are out mathematically, mentally and physically. Biggest star of team, H.Turkoglu is shooting with %17.9 FG, 9/18 FT and making 2 turnover per game and believe me, but he's worse at the defensive end. (I know, it's hard to believe he's doing anything worse then those numbers...) Second biggest star of team, E.Ilyasova is shooting with %38.7 FG, 2/6 FT and making 2.3 turnovers per game. Except K.Gonlum and B.Batuk (who didn't play at all), all remaining 9 players are playing like GARBAGE. I can imagine morale in the hotel now and I'm %100 sure that players will give everything they have, in order not to play today, or tomorrow. I'm not saying Sweden is world beaters, but they're still in the tournament and after a day to rest and regroup, they had beaten Russia with 19 points. They played an impressive and inspiring last quarter and this is an another do, or die game for them. They had success in first one of them and they will play against the worst team of the tournament. I'm definitely taking the points. I'll also take ml, personally. ​Sweden(+7) 5/10 @ 1.98

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5 PREVIEW - Basketball, European Championship - Men 8.09/2013 15:30 Finland vs Russia How many points will Aleksey Shved (RUS) score? Pick: Over 15,5 at 1.85 Bwin Speech National Team Russia at Eurobasket until this brings disappointing. If the defeat of Italy and Greece still can somehow justify with the power rivals, the fiasco of the match with Sweden frankly failure. At the moment the situation is such that to continue the fight to beat the finns necessary. Here, the main responsibility lies on the shoulders of leaders. While hopes of Russian fans justifies only Alex Shved. Wiping the bench replacement in Minnesota has led to the fact that he often takes the initiative. And rightly so, in principle, does, because partners do not always understand his witty transmission. Today, nothing has fundamentally changed, and Shved again hold on to the dance floor in the thirty minutes of playing time and will be the main striking force of the Russian team. In this match believe that Shved will throw more than 15.5 points

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5 PREVIEW - Basketball, European Championship - Men 8.09/2013 18:45 Greece vs Italy Pick: Individual Total Greece Over 75,5 at 1.91 Greece for their last 5 games ever punched a total and today there is no reason to doubt this will pass. Greece has a very powerful attack and one of the few teams gathering for 20 per quarter. I believe that Greece will be the winner of this tournament. Italy plays a very rational, although yesterday's match against Finland was very difficult. The defense is not too reliable, and 44 points from the Finns did not figure as the Scandinavians a lot mistakes in the attack. The same mediocre Russian team was able to fill 69 points with Italy, Turkey is not impressive sketched 75. Greeks today to win and distribute about 80 points, maybe in 78-79. Italy loses, but the score about 62 points. Put on an individual total of the Greeks, Over 75.5

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5 Is Spanoulis there for Greece? And travis Diener Yesterday has twisted his ankle, so even if he was not playing well, missing him would mean less rotation for Pianigiani, and they are already thin of quality material given the big names missings (Gallinari, Bargnani, Hackett...). However Italy has a lot of self-believe and good chemistry, the key will be defense today, and generally Pianigiani is very good in this. The spread is very well put IMO, in fact i have doubts to place the bet at + or - 7,5.Greece is impressive, they have big talent, and formidable shooters; also for me are big favourite with Spain, maybe also stronger than them... I need more info to think about...

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5 I don't have any confirmation about Spanoulis, but I believe they'll rest him for today and tomorrow, also. Coach Trinchieri saw how his players responded the absence of Span and although Span's injury didn't seem to be that serious, I don't see any reason for him to play him. T.Diener also twisted his ankle like you said, I saw the position and it also didn't seem something huge (I twisted my right ankle for 50+ and my left for 10+ times...), but you can never understand that from watching it, if it's about a twisted ankle. I bet, he'll not play also. I also can't decide about the spreads, but I like KavkaZ's bet Greece to score more than 75.5...

Re: EuroBasket 2013 - day 5

PREVIEW - Basketball' date= European Championship - Men 8.09/2013 15:30 Finland vs Russia How many points will Aleksey Shved (RUS) score? Pick: Over 15,5 at 1.85 Bwin Speech National Team Russia at Eurobasket until this brings disappointing. If the defeat of Italy and Greece still can somehow justify with the power rivals, the fiasco of the match with Sweden frankly failure. At the moment the situation is such that to continue the fight to beat the finns necessary. Here, the main responsibility lies on the shoulders of leaders. While hopes of Russian fans justifies only Alex Shved. Wiping the bench replacement in Minnesota has led to the fact that he often takes the initiative. And rightly so, in principle, does, because partners do not always understand his witty transmission. Today, nothing has fundamentally changed, and Shved again hold on to the dance floor in the thirty minutes of playing time and will be the main striking force of the Russian team. In this match believe that Shved will throw more than 15.5 points
20 points for regulation time.. +5 OT