Sky Bet Championship > 20th / 24th & 25th August

Jase82

Re: Sky Bet Championship > 20th / 24th & 25th August

Sheff Wednesday v Milwall +0.5 @ 1.875 Bet365 (3 Points) Both sides have had poor starts to the season with only a point being registered between them. As such both managers will be desperate not to lose this one. Wednesday have the home advantage but I'd only have them on a -0.25 line considering how they are struggling themselves. I think Lomas has made some decent signings and they have a good chance of picking up their first point on the weekend. They did lose 3-0 at Ipswich but that score line was harsh on them and they created enough chances to get something in their 1-0 loss against Huddersfield. At the odds on offer I would rather have the positive handicap on wall than be relying on Wednesday to take the full 3 points. I'm backing Lomas to pick up his first points of the season.
Brighton -0.25 v Burnley @ 1.80 Bet365 (4 Points) I like this line on Brighton a lot. After picking up their first win of the season I think they should start putting a bit of form together. Burnley have had a great start but unfortunately for them I just can't see it lasting. Their squad is way to thin and if Dyche doesn't soon bring in some reinforcements, I worry for them. Ross Wallace is going to be out for months as he needs surgery and as yet they still haven't replaced Charlie Austin or Martin Patterson. If Danny Ings hits some bad form or gets injured they are in trouble. Ultimately, I see these sides finishing at different ends of the table. My admiration for Brighton is no secret and I think they will be too strong for Burnley in this match. With half stake refund in event of the draw this one is very appealing.
Huddersfield -0.25 v Bournemouth @ 1.90 Bet365 (3 Points) Huddersfield have had a pretty tough start to the season with two away games at Forest and Milwall and a home game against title favourites QPR. From that they've taken a respectable 4 points and they have a good chance here to make it back to back wins. I like the the look of the Terriers this season and a big reason for that is the forward line of James Vaughn and Martin Patterson. They've got a bit of quality about them and they will be a handful for any defence. Bournemouth have also had a tough enough start and have also done reasonably well picking up 4 points including a win against Wigan (who did have a man sent off). But more worryingly, in their only away game so far they got thumped 6-1 at high flying Watford. The -0.25 probably does look about right but as I think Huddersfield might surprise a few this season, it's one that I think is worth taking. It's not a 'value' punt as such but at a fair price and line, I'm willing to back my instinct on the Terriers.
Bolton v Qpr Goal Line: over 2.25 @ 1.80 Bet365 (3 Points) I was considering taking this one when it was a straight 2.5 line but now it's come in to 2.25, I can't resist taking it and I think there is some value in the overs. Both sides are missing some key players but they both still look good in attacking areas. Bolton leaked in 3 goals away at Forest last week and they are yet to keep a clean sheet this season. Against a good QPR side I can't see them keeping one today either. On the plus side for them I do fancy them to get on the score sheet also. I can see why the unders is being priced as it is due to the number of unders games these two have been involved in so far. But in this particular match up, I think both sides will get on the score sheet and there is a good chance of the game going under. With half stakes refund in the event of just two goals being scored, that's a big enough incentive for me.
Better today with 3/4 winners in the championship. Just the overs in Bolton qpr letting me down. Think it's about time I stopped playing the totals as I seem to misjudge them much more often than the handicaps. Bolton didn't look like they would score if they were still playing this time next week. Well done to all other winners, its good to see plenty of contributions to the championship thread!

Better today with 3/4 winners in the championship. Just the overs in Bolton qpr letting me down. Think it's about time I stopped playing the totals as I seem to misjudge them much more often than the handicaps. Bolton didn't look like they would score if they were still playing this time next week. Well done to all other winners, its good to see plenty of contributions to the championship thread!
Nice call mate. Did a multi on Brighton and Huddersfield. Keep up the good work. Will look forward to your next prediction :D

It's almost always the opposite of what you or anybody else thinks. In the five years I've been keeping track, best-priced overs in this league are 13-27, which you'd expect, but second-best priced overs -- this means, anytime the odds are better than 2.02 but not the best price on the card that round -- the overs are 42-36. Decent money to be made on those games that don't on the face of it look like overs.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > 20th / 24th & 25th August Guys I need some help. Does anyone know the odds for these games last sat and what the 5 fold would be? It is really important as I'm arguing it out with a betting company. Blackburn to beat Barnsley Fleet wood to beat Hartlepool Motherwell to beat Patrick thistle Peterborough to beat tranmere Marseilles to beat Valenciennes Thanks for your help.

Guys I need some help. Does anyone know the odds for these games last sat and what the 5 fold would be? It is really important as I'm arguing it out with a betting company. Blackburn to beat Barnsley Fleet wood to beat Hartlepool Motherwell to beat Patrick thistle Peterborough to beat tranmere Marseilles to beat Valenciennes Thanks for your help.
The odds will all be in the individual league threads relating to these games. Not hard to work it out from there :ok