Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Hull City (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.24[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]17[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Chelsea v Hull Chelsea -2 @ 7/5 Paddypower Chelsea -3 @ 10/3 Paddypower Lampard anytime @ 13/8 Lads Whilst I do think Hull are a decent side and could just stay up this season, I see them being no match for Chelsea. This bet might seem a bit 'obvious' for most but Mourinho knows English Football and he knows every game is a challenge. I can't see Chelsea holding back at all here and I think this is the perfect game for them to start there season with a big win and a big shout out to all the other top teams that the 'special one' has returned. Chelseas team to me looks as strong as it ever has and there my nap for the premiership this season. Whilst it's normally hard to judge first games of the season I've found this one pretty easy as Chelsea look to have the perfect mix of old and young and if Mourinho can get Torres firing again along with Lukaku and Ba up top they could score a lot of goals between them this season. One player who loves playing under mourinho and had some his best games under the Portuguese manager is Frank Lampard, he'll be keen to show what faith the manager has in him and that he can still score goals. Even as he ages Lamps always seems to get himself in the right positions and he should get a few chances against the Tigers.

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Should be comfortable for us... One thing to take in mind is many of our spanish players probably won't start because of an international friendly in ecuador (Crazy i know). Meaning no Mata, Torres and Azpi. And i am fairly certain that Mou will go with Romelu over demba ba, based on everything we have seen on pre season... My expected lineup would be: Cech Ivan Luiz JT Cole Ramires MvG KDB Oscar Hazard Lukaku Though predicting our team has never really been harder (easier without the spainish options but so many positions uncertain especially the 2 in the pivot, as Essien has impressed in pre season and Lampard is well Lampard so you can never rule out him starting.) Bets wise, Mourinho back where he belongs, i expect the players to show up big time, though hull will probably just keep 11 men behind the ball making it difficult as they won't want to start of with a thrashing. I'm still expecting a quick start so my pick will be: Lukaku to score in the first 20 mins 9/1 365.

Should be comfortable for us... One thing to take in mind is many of our spanish players probably won't start because of an international friendly in ecuador (Crazy i know). Meaning no Mata, Torres and Azpi. And i am fairly certain that Mou will go with Romelu over demba ba, based on everything we have seen on pre season... My expected lineup would be: Cech Ivan Luiz JT Cole Ramires MvG KDB Oscar Hazard Lukaku Though predicting our team has never really been harder (easier without the spainish options but so many positions uncertain especially the 2 in the pivot, as Essien has impressed in pre season and Lampard is well Lampard so you can never rule out him starting.) Bets wise, Mourinho back where he belongs, i expect the players to show up big time, though hull will probably just keep 11 men behind the ball making it difficult as they won't want to start of with a thrashing. I'm still expecting a quick start so my pick will be: Lukaku to score in the first 20 mins 9/1 365.
Torres isn't in the Spain squad Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Some good points already well made on both Hull's weakness up top and Chelsea's short price. However, there is certainly a case to be made that at 2/9, it is just about right. I would say the feel good factor among fans with the return of Mourinho will make a great occasion at the Bridge. Everyone will be up for it, players, manager and fans. The same can certainly be said for Hull, but in the current scenario, Chelsea will match those levels of motivation. We have essentially 4 strikers fighting for 1 position and about 10 midfielders for 5 positions. The competition is fierce. The players given the nod will be desperate to justify Jose's choice and will be playing at the top of their game. Mourinho's choice of line-up will be intriguing, but it will not make much difference to the gulf in class - it will be huge whoever is picked! Mourinho's home record is another positive indicator, as well as the fact he won every opening game in charge of Chelsea ( 3 times to nil) and always started well. Hull are a side who will try and keep it tight but have very little strike threat. They won many games by 1 goal last year and scored very few goals along the way. With things as they are, Hull City could not have been given a tougher game to start with, though I guess that may take the pressure of a little. I really cannot see any result other than a Chelsea win on Sunday. Hull finding the net is quite unlikely so 'BTTS - No' has its appeal, but I would sooner take the 'win to nil' as I am sure Chelsea will find the net with at least one of the many chances they are likely to create. With this in mind; along with the prohibitively short price, I am doing something I don't normally do - some correct scores. I only do correct scores when a team that is very likely to score at least two against a team that is unlikely to score, so I can dutch a few 'to nil' scorelines. This game definitely ticks all of the boxes. If Chelsea score early, they could open Hull up and hit 3 or 4 comfortably. This makes me inclined to dutch 3-0 and 4-0 respectively. Trouble is, if they don't score early, I would want 2-0 on side. Early season game are never ones to get too involved in, but I can only really see one outcome - a Chelsea win. Keep the stakes small, but I would suggest a speculative dutch on 2-0/3-0 or 3-0/4-0 2-0 @ 11/2 (BetVictor) 3-0 @ 13/2 (BetVictor) 4-0 @ 11/1 ((Betway)

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Chelsea -2.5 @ 2.75 bet365 Mourinho will be expecting his side to start the season well. Back at Stamford Bridge in front of an adoring crowd, he will be not be happy if they produce a sub-standard performance. Too much quality for Hull to handle and should be an easy one for them. Like Lukaku to be dominant and doubt that the Tigers can contain him

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August What do you people think about corners in this game? Getting a good odds @ betsson on over 11.5 and checking previous games between this teams (back in season 09/10 (yeah iknow its old)) 2010-02-02 Hull City - Chelsea 6-8 2009-08-15 Chelsea - Hull City 12-4 Would a bet on over 11.5 be a good bet here or am i thinking wrong? The game i see in my head is that Chelsea will be the attacking team here and Hull the defencing team that will end up to many corners for the home team.

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August The odds on the overs is extremely appealing here at around 1.65 in my opinion. Hull are going to struggle here and if an early goal goes in they will have to venture forward. Chelsea have an abundance of firepower in Torres, De Bruyne, Lampard, Hazard and Oscar so it is hard to see a low scoring game. Over 2.5 Goals - 6.80 Points @ 1.65 Betfair

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Sickening display for punters from Chelsea if you were over 2.5 goals. They stopped playing after 25 minutes. They are 2-0 and rampant, and then lets do f-all for 65 minutes. Easy win, but not the way to do things.

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Typical Chelsea performance when comparing it to Mourinho's previous years in charge. Comfortable in possession, no threat from the opposition and therefore no need to waste energy going for a rout. I'm not surprised they took their foot off the gas. Hull looked very shaky early on but I suppose any side would when faced with the attacking flair that they had to deal with early on. Benefit of the doubt given there. Some nice possession in the 2nd half but looked as though their only real chances, if any were to come at all, would come from crosses. It will be interesting to see how they get on against Norwich.

Re: Chelsea v Hull City - Sun 18th August Poor show IMO They could have really gone for it and made a statement to the rest of the league - same old Mourinho tactics On a bright note I did have arbs of 3-2 and 2-1 Chelsea and the 1-1 and Hull win all winning on the "right side" \0/ Only one in danger was the 2-1 because Hull could have nicked one near the end :D

Poor show IMO They could have really gone for it and made a statement to the rest of the league - same old Mourinho tactics On a bright note I did have arbs of 3-2 and 2-1 Chelsea and the 1-1 and Hull win all winning on the "right side" \0/ Only one in danger was the 2-1 because Hull could have nicked one near the end :D
Could you please not after event in future :ok