Arsenal v Aston Villa - Sat 17th August

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa - Sat 17th August Arsenal v Aston Villa DNB @ 6.00 Bet365 (1 point) Obviously Arsenal are the clear favourites here but I can't help thinking what a poor pre season they've had. Talk of all their money and a spending spree just hasn't happened and now Wenger has numerous injuries to deal with which has left their squad looking thread bare. Their first 11 today should win this game no doubt. But Villa are such a wild card and I can see their forward line causing arsenal some real problems. At the price and with the draw cover I just think Villa are worth a small play. They will probably get beat but life has a habit of kicking Wenger when he's down and on their day,Villa are a good side.

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa - Sat 17th August

Fancy Benteke to hit the ground running here' date=' on a pleasant day out at the Emirates that Villa will fancy. Villa got a draw on the opening day in the first ever Prem game at the Emirates. If Villa score first the Arsenal fans will get even more restless than usual, and with the transfer window still open it wouldn't shock me if some of them start praying for a result that would shock Arsene into action. Villa finished the season strongly and it looked like they were really coming together as a unit, I think the value is with Villa here.[/quote'] :D Nice bit of profit to start the season!

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa - Sat 17th August

Aston Villa - 8.00 (Coral) Aston Villa Draw No Bet - 5.50 (Coral) Think there's a real chance for Villa to get something here and I think they may take all three points. The past two seasons Arsenal have started slowly, and tend to underestimate teams like Villa at home early in the season. Villa's game last season was to hit on the counter attack and that's where 14.3% of their goals came from. Not only do I think Benteke has the potential to hurt Arsenal on the left hand of the pitch (He tends to move from Left to centre) where Jenkinson will play but I think the absence of Arteta will expose Arsenal to the counter attack even more. If Cazorla misses the game as well (still not quite match fit, apparently) then I think Arsenal will lack creativity too. So far the transfer window has been a bit of a disaster for relations between the fans and the board/management at Arsenal and I think if Villa can get a goal in the first half then the crowd could turn a bit too. I think the 8/1 is a big price with all of those factors at play.
Not happy because I'm an arsenal fan but least I made some money.