Club Friendlies 2013

Re: Club Friendlies 2013

Congrats, mate, but this was one of the luckiest picks I have seen lately. Bayern were all over them from 1st to last minute, it is a miracle they didn't put at least five in their net. I follow Brazilian Serie A and I was curious to see how a Brazilian team will match with Bayern. I should say the level of Sao Paulo is at best similar to this of Greuther Furth.
Yeah, it was a bit lucky I agree. Bayern did nearly all the attacking and missed a great chance near the end. Sao Paolo did defend quite well though - and they missed a penalty themselves of course.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 Audi Cup Final Bayern v Man City Thursday August 1st 19.30 Best odds: City 5.5 Draw 4.55 Bayern 1.67 Just wondering if City are possible value here. Bayern were very impressive against Sao Paolo yesterday, but so were City against Milan. City looked highly motivated for the game yesterday and their strikers looked good.

i agree whit u.yesterday MC was a gift but as Inter fan i can tell you; my team is nothing special at the moment' date='we have new trainer(as you know),almost new players,few missings like Milito Kovacic and Zanetti.if Chelsea will push no probs for them to win.Serie A also will start 1 week later tham EPL! normally Chelsea should win!any news about [b']WBA-Genoa? I like HW!
TY Stressina... where are you from ?... I'm in Milan... about Genoa I haven't information .. sorry... bye

Audi Cup Final Bayern v Man City Thursday August 1st 19.30 Best odds: City 5.5 Draw 4.55 Bayern 1.67 Just wondering if City are possible value here. Bayern were very impressive against Sao Paolo yesterday, but so were City against Milan. City looked highly motivated for the game yesterday and their strikers looked good.
I'd probably agree with that mate. You'd like to think there'd be a fair few goals between the two sides too. Still 5.5 seems a little high. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using PL Forum

Still confirmed:LA Galaxy whiout all their stars?confortable win for Real M is expected in that case.
A further update on LA website. looks certain no Keane or Donovan. http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2013/07/young-la-galaxy-forwards-not-fazed-prospect-facing-superstar-laden-real-madrid Shame the game is in the night 3.30am UK time. Price has dropped a little but I still think will be under 1.2 come kick off once Galaxies weak lineup becomes known.

Audi Cup Final Bayern v Man City Thursday August 1st 19.30 Best odds: City 5.5 Draw 4.55 Bayern 1.67 Just wondering if City are possible value here. Bayern were very impressive against Sao Paolo yesterday, but so were City against Milan. City looked highly motivated for the game yesterday and their strikers looked good.
Result: Bayern 2 Man City 1 I thought Bayern deserved the win, they were the better side, although City were dangerous in attack with their top class strikers.

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 Newcastle play Rangers at Ibrox tuesday. Rangers have big problems behind the scenes and on the pitch lost to Forfar at the weekend. Alan Pardew has said he will be fielding a strong almost full strength lineup http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/papiss-cisse-set-feature-newcastle-5585896 Rangers will have up to 8 summer signings available to play who are not allowed to play in league games due to the transfer embargo. John Daly from Dundee United is probably the most well known of these. Also Moshni from southend and Peralta who has played for Hondurus. Newcastle already comfortably beat St mirren and motherwell in recent weeks and compairing the Newcastle to the Rangers squads the difference is huge. Price of 1.65 for Newcastle looks big to me.

Rangers will have up to 8 summer signings available to play who are not allowed to play in league games due to the transfer embargo. John Daly from Dundee United is probably the most well known of these. Also Moshni from southend and Peralta who has played for Hondurus.
Mate, how is it that they were signed since Rangers cannot use them?! They can't have signed them just for friendlies, right?!

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 They can either play now even though unregistered,or on the 1st of September [when the ban runs out] if they register after that but before playing [sorry - not sure which].http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/10084773/Rangers-allowed-to-play-pre-contract-signings-before-September-despite-transfer-embargo.html

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 Man united play Sevilla in Rio Ferdinands testimonial tomorrow(friday). I am expecting it to be mostly a reserve youth side since united play Wigan on Sunday. There was even some suggestion Usain Bolt may play for united but I dont think that is gonna happen. would be awesome if it did though. Sevilla have also played in Europa league today away to Mladost Podgorica so what side they will put out I dont know. I will try to find out the likely team news. Man U are available at 1.57 at William Hills which seems quite a big price at first glance.

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 "Over the last few days Boris Becker, Olly Murs, Tinchy Strider and Wretch 32 have been announced as attending his testimonial, but it is at the moment unknown whether they will play for United" What the hell? Preview here http://mufclatest.com/preview-manchester-united-v-sevilla/ At least Usain Bolt would run about a bit but Boris Becker? 20 years ago yes but now he looks like a heart attack waiting to happen. Think i will pass on this game may turn into a pantomime.

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 Today in Gyor, Hungary, there is an interesting friendly encounter between local Gyori - champions of Hungary, and German super-power Bayern Munich. The game is organized by Audi - sponsor of both teams. Most of you are aware Bayern had a game on Friday evening, however, what is more curious here is that Gyori had their league game tonight against Ferencvaros, which finished at 22:45 CET. So, about 17 hours later they are going to play Bayern Munich. Gyori tried to have the league game postponed, but Ferencvaros refused. Bookies give delicious price to Bayern, mainly because they expect many fringe players to feature for the Bavarians. However, this is the team list of Bayern, published on Gyori Eto official website (http://www.eto.hu/hir/6953/teljes_kerettel_a_bayern_-_itt_a_nevsor/): 1 Manuel NEUER 4 DANTE 5 Daniel Van Buyten 6 Thiago Alcantara 7 Franck Ribery 8 Javi MARTÍNEZ 9 Mario Mandzukic 10th Arjen Robben 11th Xherdan Shaqiri 13th Rafinha 15th Jan KIRCHHOFF 17th Jerome Boateng 19th Mario GÖTZE 21, Philipp LAHM 22, Tom STARKE 23, Mitchell WEISER 25th Thomas Müller 26th Diego Contento 27th David Alaba 30th Luis GUSTAVO 31, Bastian Schweinsteiger This is pretty much the best from Bayern. Even if the players from Friday get just few minutes, these who might feature for most of the friendly are very high class: Shaquiri, Alcantara, Gustavo, Martinez and Gotze (it was announced he is going to make his debut today). All in all, despite the inherent risk in friendlies, I simply cannot see past a comfortable Bayern win. They have been merciless in all their friendlies this summer, they have one more day to rest compared to the ridiculous 17 hours for Gyori, and they are going to field team full of world class players. I wanted to take some handicap, but they are not released yet. By the morning when supposedly handicaps prices will be quoted, I expect Bayern price to fall drastically, as most punters realize Bayern will not play with some youngsters but with most of their top players. Therefore, I take Bayern win at 1.50 with high confidence and stakes, and I also take Bayern HF/FT at 2.10, as I expect Bavarians will try do finish their job quickly in the first half against tired opponents.

Everton play Real Betis today in their first and last home friendly before the season kicks off next week. Betis were roundly beaten 3-0 by Hull only yesterday, so I can see no other reason for the price on Everton, other than the fact Betis are a LA Liga outfit. Everton should have a fully fit squad to choose from and this will be Martinez's first outing at Good is on, so expect s decent atmosphere. Even money for the home win looks acceptable to me.

Today in Gyor, Hungary, there is an interesting friendly encounter between local Gyori - champions of Hungary, and German super-power Bayern Munich. The game is organized by Audi - sponsor of both teams. Most of you are aware Bayern had a game on Friday evening, however, what is more curious here is that Gyori had their league game tonight against Ferencvaros, which finished at 22:45 CET. So, about 17 hours later they are going to play Bayern Munich. Gyori tried to have the league game postponed, but Ferencvaros refused. Bookies give delicious price to Bayern, mainly because they expect many fringe players to feature for the Bavarians. However, this is the team list of Bayern, published on Gyori Eto official website (http://www.eto.hu/hir/6953/teljes_kerettel_a_bayern_-_itt_a_nevsor/): 1 Manuel NEUER 4 DANTE 5 Daniel Van Buyten 6 Thiago Alcantara 7 Franck Ribery 8 Javi MARTÍNEZ 9 Mario Mandzukic 10th Arjen Robben 11th Xherdan Shaqiri 13th Rafinha 15th Jan KIRCHHOFF 17th Jerome Boateng 19th Mario GÖTZE 21, Philipp LAHM 22, Tom STARKE 23, Mitchell WEISER 25th Thomas Müller 26th Diego Contento 27th David Alaba 30th Luis GUSTAVO 31, Bastian Schweinsteiger This is pretty much the best from Bayern. Even if the players from Friday get just few minutes, these who might feature for most of the friendly are very high class: Shaquiri, Alcantara, Gustavo, Martinez and Gotze (it was announced he is going to make his debut today). All in all, despite the inherent risk in friendlies, I simply cannot see past a comfortable Bayern win. They have been merciless in all their friendlies this summer, they have one more day to rest compared to the ridiculous 17 hours for Gyori, and they are going to field team full of world class players. I wanted to take some handicap, but they are not released yet. By the morning when supposedly handicaps prices will be quoted, I expect Bayern price to fall drastically, as most punters realize Bayern will not play with some youngsters but with most of their top players. Therefore, I take Bayern win at 1.50 with high confidence and stakes, and I also take Bayern HF/FT at 2.10, as I expect Bavarians will try do finish their job quickly in the first half against tired opponents.
Nice spot mate, odds very likely to fall between now and ko so I've gone in early..as you say Gotze will make his debut and the squad they have is far superior to anything the Hungarians can provide. Don't expect a first choice team and there will probably be multiple changes but I would trust Bayern over almost anyone else in a friendly match like this. Saw some photos of the Bayern players signing autographs in Hungary and the squad list above appears accurate. Not much else to say, ground will be sold out with 16,000 attending, will be an exhibition match but whatever the circumstances you would expect Bayern to win by at least 2 goals. Bayern - 1.4 - bet365 - 10 Points Bayern/Bayern HT/FT - 2.0 - bet365 - 10 Points Bayern -1EH - 2.0 - ladbrokes - 15 Points

Nice spot mate, odds very likely to fall between now and ko so I've gone in early..as you say Gotze will make his debut and the squad they have is far superior to anything the Hungarians can provide. Don't expect a first choice team and there will probably be multiple changes but I would trust Bayern over almost anyone else in a friendly match like this. Saw some photos of the Bayern players signing autographs in Hungary and the squad list above appears accurate. Not much else to say, ground will be sold out with 16,000 attending, will be an exhibition match but whatever the circumstances you would expect Bayern to win by at least 2 goals. Bayern - 1.4 - bet365 - 10 Points Bayern/Bayern HT/FT - 2.0 - bet365 - 10 Points Bayern -1EH - 2.0 - ladbrokes - 15 Points
Bayern's twitter page may have news and updates ... https://twitter.com/FCBayern

4-1 :ok..couldn't believe that lot were 1-0 up at HT from a lucky break' date=' which obviously killed the HT/FT punt. Bayern could have won 10-1 such was their dominance. Good profit, cheers Fedar.[/quote'] Did you see it online? I didn't only watched the in-play stats, which suggested Gyor had more shots on target in the first half but Bayern dominated the second. The stats suggested a 'game of two halves'. Obviously a good bet to back Bayern at decent odds in the final analysis :)

Everton play Real Betis today in their first and last home friendly before the season kicks off next week. Betis were roundly beaten 3-0 by Hull only yesterday' date=' so I can see no other reason for the price on Everton, other than the fact Betis are a LA Liga outfit. Everton should have a fully fit squad to choose from and this will be Martinez's first outing at Good is on, so expect s decent atmosphere. Even money for the home win looks acceptable to me.[/quote'] 2-1 Everton.... Probably against the run of play as Betis had the better of things... Good call on Bayern :ok

Did you see it online? I didn't only watched the in-play stats' date=' which suggested Gyor had more shots on target in the first half but Bayern dominated the second. The stats suggested a 'game of two halves'. Obviously a good bet to back Bayern at decent odds in the final analysis :)[/quote'] Yeah watched it, Bayern started the first half with some kids but still missed about 4 clear chances, Gyor had 1 or 2 as well, the goal came on the counter after a Bayern corner..second half Gyor hardly touched the ball.

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 Brief recap - obviously lost the HT/FT, but the big stakes on FT totally made up for it. Also was able to get excellent in-live odds (2.10 for Bayern win at half-time). About the game - Bayern started with some fringe players in the first half, but nevertheless, they were many classes above Gyori, and it was a miracle they didn't score at least 2 goals before the break. They conceded after a lucky break for Gyori (their only chance). Bayern had some hard time in the first 10 minutes of the second half, when hosts made a bunker defense to protect the lead, but after the equalisier it was all Bayern and was again perfect time for live betting. Unlike teams like United who spare efforts in friendlies, Bayern are machines in such games and excellent money making prospects for punters.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Club Friendlies 2013 Real Madrid v Al Sadd BTTS-Yes @ 37/40 Betvictor Team to score in both halves-Al Sadd @ 8/1 Betvictor So the prodigy Raul makes his return to the Bernabeu where he is absolutely loved. The atmosphere for this game should be good and it should be played in good spirit, Madrid are expected to put out there 1st XI but they should take it easy given that the seasons started and they have some big games coming up. For me the BTTS looks an absolutely great bet tonight as the players will just want an easy going game here and a bit of fun on there Legends return. Also, I'm going to take Al Sadd to score in both halves which is far too big @ 8/1 IMO given the nature of the game, I would have gone with overs, but theres no value anywhere to be found so i'll stick with these 2 bets at big prices.