Question

My mate asked me a question the other day and its bugging me as I cant find the answer. In the late nineties there was a tipster who charged a lot for his tips and they were very popular and well subscribed. When ever a horse plunged in price they would say "oh that will be the ?????? horse" (???? being the tipsters name) I believe he was from Ireland and did a spell in prison for fraud but I may be wrong. Has anyone got an idea what he was called as its driving me nuts. It wasnt Brimardon Im sure it began with "D" C'mon lads get your thinking caps on before Ive pulled all my hair out :eek

Re: Question Well don BH it was Isiris !!!! :clap Dont know where I got the "D" from Most probably "D" for dodgy.. The lad who asked me said he'd subscribed years ago and it ended up costing him thousands but he just couldnt remember the name for the life of him. Im sure if someone had stitched me up for thousands I'd remember. Thanks again BH Ill txt him now before I forget :lol

Re: Question ISIRIS...& RIX...Claimed the world. If anyone needs to pay, more money than sense.:wall I dont and will never understand anyone who would part with money, for second hand information. Its different, if you got the word for 1, then you could decifer yourself the merits of the information, You then only have yourself to blame if it goes belly up. I always think back to the MINDER episode on the 80's...Absolute classic.:rollin

Re: Question I think Isiris went to prison for a sexual offence rather than fraud. He closed it down a few years back, can't recall the reason, but it sounded like BS. I read it was resurrected last year or the year before, have no idea about their strike rate but their adverts always made claims about profits. Think they used to charge about £2k per annum.

Re: Question Pretty sure I've seen adverts for Isiris in the last 12 months in the Racing Post. If people are using a tipster it's probably because they don't have the time or are too lazy to do the form study/research themselves. Seems a bit pointless when you can go to ATR and follow someone like Hugh Taylor for free.

Re: Question

Pretty sure I've seen adverts for Isiris in the last 12 months in the Racing Post. If people are using a tipster it's probably because they don't have the time or are too lazy to do the form study/research themselves. Seems a bit pointless when you can go to ATR and follow someone like Hugh Taylor for free.
all depends if you can make money or not My dad did it for 2 years with a respected tipster and he used to send me the tips some of which i backed if i managed to get on whilst at work. To £100 level stakes per bet at the pices he gave, the fella won £26k on 1st year, my old man was £13k up not kidding you. I was about £600 up based on the £10 level stakes we were doing as i missed quite a few bets and ended up with half the price on a few also as you had to get on quick. This guy was part of a tv programme a few years back. Last 2 years havent been as good and struggling to make a profit. My old man has packed it in now and it was frustrating when he gave a tip at lowly sedgefield instead of a top meeting but he was after value!! My old man stopped before cheltenham and still got the chelt tips and wednesday was The new one and Rival Destruval, would have been a great day but for the fall of the latter when looking the winner Ive never paid for tips and never will but i can see why people do if they manage to make a profit.