** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Return of the beaten favourites - Year 4

The return of flat racing sees the fourth renewal of this system, which has shown a profit year-on-year through a simple selection process. I wasn't going to publish it this year but it greatly helps with discipline, which is something that I've been working on this year. It will probably start of slowly, but that will give us something to work towards. The rules are: only back when there is one beaten favourite in the race, it will apply to both flat and AW codes (no Irish), no maidens or 2yo races. 1pt per selection, settled at betfair starting price. The site that I use does not include foreign races, so if a runner had previously finished a BF before racing abroad, it will show up as a qualifier. (edit 13/4/13) I'll also list the highest inplay price, which may prove interesting. If there's anything else that I think of later on, I will amend this post. Let's go!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return of the beaten favourites - Year 4 Was just about to ask you if you were gonna run this this year as i remember you saying you might not run it this year! Good decision i think as it's shown decent profits in previous years! Will be following with interest so good luck with it this year Jay! :ok Am i right in thinking that you used to wait until the 1st of April to start this usually?

Re: Return of the beaten favourites - Year 4

Is Watt Broderick a selection in the 17.10 Jay?
No, mate. I've had a look at it was a BF in the last flat race it won, but has since been hurdling. Could be one to keep an eye on but I want to keep this as simple as I can and it would take me ages if I had to trawl through all the cards looking for cases like this. Thanks for checking though.

:nana Did me a couple of favours last term and Mr Hindsight surprised he wasn't fav today! Well done JA:ok
I could have done with some of that hindsight as I never backed Alhaban :( Another winner, Irene Kennett, was also a BF but not the only one in the race.

Hi Jay' date=' whats the reasoning behind 50 days![/quote'] No specific reason, I just think it works better at the start of the season. This way we'll catch a lot of runners having their first run of the season after (hopefully) improving since last and there won't be too many runners that have the chance to be repeated in that space of time. Personally, however, I do like to keep my eye on these throughout the year.

Re: Return of the beaten favourites - Year 4 High Troja just lost out, while Ishikawa won convincingly at 4.45. The in running price is showing up as lower than that, which doesn't make sense, so I'm going to stop recording that. Selections: 22 Winners: 5 Losers: 17 Total Stake: 22pts Total Returns: 14.97pts P/L: -5.03pts