Trainers form

Ultimately although you need luck in racing, trainers form will determine if a horse wins or is capable of winning on that day. I am saying this as i see many punters backing horses without thinking about the trainers recent form. At Cheltenham last week the winning trainers showed again who to follow. 2 surprises though Nicholls having a winner in the 26th race of the week, unusual to say the least and Pipe also struggled with all of his. The likes of Hobbs who is completely out of form now and McCain both showed up poorly with nothing catching the eye (ok super duty ran a big race for mccain but the rest of his were poor) NTD came back to form during the meeting and was possibly the most impressive with 66/1, 100/1 places and 2 winners @ 16/1, 7/2. any thoughts

Re: Trainers form Unless using trends this is my starting point for ruling out horses. I use prices of horses to help say a trainers has had 12 runners the last 14 days no winners but the prices were 10/1 plus i would not rule out straight away. I use hrb for prices. Pipe def come into the festival out of sorts as was chatting to a mate about it. Cant remember the number off hand but he hand plenty of live chances not perform. 6/1 and shorter. In short using trainer form i'm a firm believer you will pick less loosers. May miss the odd winner but overall its a good way to go.

Re: Trainers form Trainers/Yards who are in form is crucial...absolutely, Anybody following V.Williams in the last two weeks are in Clover...Thats the Jumps.. Alan Bailey on the flat...last 14 days..Clover. Should ALWAYS be a criteria you look at....The odd one or two will pop up out of nowere..But thats racing. Watch the horse in motion. Happy horses want to frolic. When horses feel good, they look for an excuse to run and buck. Like the gazelles that leap and bound for sheer joy of life, horses will run, buck, kick and play when they are feeling good. This then passes on to other horses in the yard..."Like Dominoes knocking each other over" Marvellous animals.

Re: Trainers form i backed 2 today for NTD - both rdden extremely well by Sam TD, he could be champion one day once mcCoy retires!! His horses have hit form but you cannot back these blind as he will have losers as well as winners!! Hobbs for me is going through a very poor patch, and im avoiding him like a plague. Pipe will be very disappointed to have got nothing at the festival Cant wait for Aintree now ....... i do the trends again but not as intense as Cheltenham

Re: Trainers form

saw an interesting stat earlier Nicholls last chase winner at the festival was Kauto in 2009 Gold cup 68 chase runners later at the festival and still nothing ...... Also same for Ruby!!!! Strange one
Yep m8, I put it up the other day when people were touting Sal Conti...Stinking stats even worse for ruby for Chasers At Cheltenham,,,Regardless of meeting.

Why is it yards hit form at different times? Surely they put in the same work over the year? Or at least the top dogs will.
always been the same, some keep their form and others don't, if a winner is the basis of form, there will always be lean periods which we see as out of form. Havent got the answer as to why

always been the same, some keep their form and others don't, if a winner is the basis of form, there will always be lean periods which we see as out of form. Havent got the answer as to why
I don't think you can expect a horse to peak at different times through the year. They are trained with specific races in mind, peak for a King George and Gold Cup etc. Alan King has been good at this in the past and used to always have his fit and ready for Cheltenham. A top athlete would not be at peak fitness in December if he was running in an Olympics in June and it is surely the same with the horses. The jumps season is often geared around a week in March for those Championship races yet the flat season is spread from April/May through to November depending on the horses age and how it is campaigned. When you look at what Sea The Stars achieved it is unbelievable: http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?horse_id=695547#topHorseTabs=horse_race_record&bottomHorseTabs=horse_form That horse won Group 1 races every month from May 2009 to October 2009, an unbelievable training achievement. May: 2000 Guineas June: Derby July: Eclipse August: Juddmonte September: Irish Champion Stakes October: Arc De Triomphe While Frankel is the best miler we have ever seen that above is much more of an achievement for me, wins from 8f to 12f, all Group 1 wins and somehow kept fit for a top class race each month over a season, wonderful.

Re: Trainers form Try and keep the thread going for trainers spotted coming into form ?. Anyway 1 def worth keeping a eye on is S Curran. Has runners under both codes and is going along very nicely recently. no winners today but both placed 1 @ 33/1 at Exeter where they seem to do well at with limited runners sent there

Try and keep the thread going for trainers spotted coming into form ?. Anyway 1 def worth keeping a eye on is S Curran. Has runners under both codes and is going along very nicely recently. no winners today but both placed 1 @ 33/1 at Exeter where they seem to do well at with limited runners sent there
There is already a trainers thread for that about 5 threads below this one, started by Billyhills. :ok

Re: Trainers form Does anyone know which flat trainers have usually got their horses ready and firing from week one? I generally wont back a horse if it hasnt run for a while in all codes but over the jumps I keep my eye out for trainers that normally enjoy the early season races but Im not sure who that would be on the flat? I imagine the Johnston stable would do well as they always seem to have their horses in top condition.

Does anyone know which flat trainers have usually got their horses ready and firing from week one? I generally wont back a horse if it hasnt run for a while in all codes but over the jumps I keep my eye out for trainers that normally enjoy the early season races but Im not sure who that would be on the flat? I imagine the Johnston stable would do well as they always seem to have their horses in top condition.
PM you.

Does anyone know which flat trainers have usually got their horses ready and firing from week one? I generally wont back a horse if it hasnt run for a while in all codes but over the jumps I keep my eye out for trainers that normally enjoy the early season races but Im not sure who that would be on the flat? I imagine the Johnston stable would do well as they always seem to have their horses in top condition.
Johnston horses running like drains in the main. Odd winner but not consistency and a few been punted off the boards and finished nowhere. Hannon stable going well atm and he may be worth following.