** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Chelsea (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February We tend to show up in the big away games as we have done this season. We are doing worse against the smaller teams, an dare very inconsistent which is not aided by rafa and blonde. But if rafa has 1 percent of a brain torres won't be anywhere near starting this game which would be a great thing for us. I think it has draw written all over it. With 2 fairly even teams. Also a loss to city and they are back in the race to ensure top 4 . And a loss for us and we have arsenal and Everton breathing down are necks and Tottenham on us.

My guy tells me there has to be value on Chelsea's side here. Lots of pressure on Mancini to get a result, and to claw back the twelve point deficit. Mancini has been overly critical of a few players this season, the latest being Samir Nasri, and I'm not sure what sort of positive effect he'll have on players that have been prized away from other clubs through offerings of riches. Chelsea are more than a match for City, and the evens on offer for City may appear a good price for a side that are so strong at Home. But I believe that it is a perfectly acceptable reaction in the market to City's current circumstances. Maybe 1.8 would be the price on offer under better circumstances. Value on Chelsea for me as City have shown how susceptible they are of late to conceding goals. They would have lost to Liverpool had it not been for poor goalkeeping from Reina.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February 3pts Chelsea to beat Man City 16/5 BetVictor Neither of these sides are pulling up any trees at the minute but the even money on Man City in this match isn’t too much short of laughable. Although they have struggled a bit of late there’s no denying the quality in Chelsea’s dressing room so at over 3/1 in a match between two heavy spenders where there isn’t a lot between them, that looks the value to me and is worth a punt. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-chelsea-betting-chelsea-look-value-to-pile-further-pressure-on-roberto-mancini

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February Massive game tomorrow, and only a handful of replies? Here are my thoughts, albeit not a big bet for me. Must win game for ManCity. 15 points adrift of United, home game, they need a win to keep pace, have a chance of winning the title. Already out of CL, Mancini and his high priced squad have to be a bit on the hot seat. Chelsea totally helter skelter side. Can look fantastic one week, and mediocre the next. Looked piss poor midweek vs Sparta, and only a late Hazard beauty pushed them through. So, how do we play this game and find any value? That's the 64,000$ question now isn't it. Well, here's my thinking. Too much pressure on City to sit back and relax, they will need to attack and go for the win. On the other side, as much as I dislike Chelsea, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires just can be beautiful to watch. I think we see goals in this one. No reason for either side really to play passively. City going for the title, Chelsea still not assured of CL play. I also think that Ba is an absolute beast for Chelsea, and when he can play, he's always the danger man. I think Chelsea are getting great away odds too, at over 3/1, they are certainly a live dog. So, I will play o2.75 -107 for a medium size bet. I will also play Chelsea at +315 to make a small size bet and +0.5 for a small size bet. 2-1, 2-2 game here. Cheers.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February Chelsea are playing good football at the moment and have only lost 1 out of their last 10 games. The Citizens drew at home against Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton and in my opinion Chelsea are a better team at the moment than the said 3 sides that managed to take a point from Ittihad Stadium. The pressure will be on Man.City to get a result, and in that case I think that Chelsea will have a slight advantage and I can't see them losing this one. Chelsea +1 @ 1.83 William Hill

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February

Chelsea are playing good football at the moment and have only lost 1 out of their last 10 games. The Citizens drew at home against Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton and in my opinion Chelsea are a better team at the moment than the said 3 sides that managed to take a point from Ittihad Stadium. The pressure will be on Man.City to get a result, and in that case I think that Chelsea will have a slight advantage and I can't see them losing this one. Chelsea +1 @ 1.83 William Hill
EH or AH?

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February Chelsea exertions in midweek would make me lean towards a City win. Moreover the fact that Torres seems to be the first choice of Benitez ahead of Ba seems to be puzzling even the senior members of the team. If Joe Hart stays concentrated for the whole game I can see City keeping a clean sheet, and they have enough fire power to get one or two goals. Man City @ 2.00 Lad.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Sun 24th February from BBC Man City v Chelsea (1330 GMT) Jack Rodwell makes his first start since 1 September as Roberto Mancini looks to match up with Chelsea with a five-man midfield. He replaces Carlos Tevez, while Joe Hart and Gael Clichy come back in after being rested in the FA Cup. Sergio Aguero starts up top. There is no John Terry or Fernando Torres in the Chelsea team. David Luiz and Gary Cahill will line up in the centre of defence with Demba Ba the lone striker. Frank Lampard gets the chance to search for his 200th Chelsea goal.