Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February

This came as a huge surprise that a player that scored 6 goals in the group stage is at such a big price on this special offer from William Hill. Burak Yilmaz To Score and Galatasaray To Win @ 14/1 (William Hill- headline offer)
With Drogba's arrival, things will be different for Burak. Back in the group stage, he was one of the two up front in 4-4-2. Now people say Gala will switch to 4-3-1-2, (4-3-Sneijder-Drogba+Burak) but that's not a duo proper. Most likely, Burak will play closer to the right flank from now on with Drogba having a more central role. At least this is how the two played in the last ~30 mins of the previous league game, although the opponents were of course much much weaker than Schalke 04. I'd wait until the lineups are announced. Here in Turkey, people are completely puzzled as regards the starting 11. Burak or Drogba may not start at all, if Terim chooses to benefit from the defensive contribution of Umut Bulut instead of the offensive might of either. Terim did not disclose who will play and who will be subs. It seems the priority for him is not conceding here. But then again, if he attempts to ruin the morale of Schalke with an early goal (Galatasaray generally start home games with intense pressure), things might be different. He only said he figured the 11 in his mind except perhaps one position, and that is most likely the right back (Eboue or Sabri).

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February This is Galatasaray's 12th home meeting with Bundesliga opposition and they are seeking just their third victory – having won none of their last five games against German clubs in Istanbul. Their overall home record against teams from Germany is W2 D7 L2. worrying.

This is Galatasaray's 12th home meeting with Bundesliga opposition and they are seeking just their third victory – having won none of their last five games against German clubs in Istanbul. Their overall home record against teams from Germany is W2 D7 L2. worrying.
Surely that record mainly exists because Turkish clubs have been predominantly behind German clubs, and thus less fashionable a destination for works talent. It's only recent years where they've managed to attract higher profile players.

Surely that record mainly exists because Turkish clubs have been predominantly behind German clubs' date=' and thus less fashionable a destination for works talent. It's only recent years where they've managed to attract higher profile players.[/quote'] I also think it will be a galatasaray victory mainly because of schalke's form more than galatasaray's strengths. But league form can go out the window in CL. Also, schalke need a respite from their league and may even welcome this tie away from their angry home crowds. Drogba didnt impress in the Africa Cup of NAtions and Sjnieder really struggled in Serie A. I watched galatasaray's match vs manu which they won 1:0 but it was against a weak manu side. So though I like other think it will be a galatasaray victory, I think draw plays a huge part in this tie. Still researching and may go with the draw if the price is right or if I find some tips/info regarding the match.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February DNB for Gala in Istanbul is very interesting. High atomosphere at the stadium and a better squad then Schalke. Schalke won't win, if they surprise they can play a draw but the chance they win is extremely low.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February The only ray of light for Shalke playing against Mainz, lasf weekend seemed to be Bastos, bought from Lyon, now I am almost sure he wont play, since he has been registered the Lyon squad for Europe. Other than that yes Gala has class, but I am not sure turkish teams are a factor in the European competitions. Look at Fener, they had it tough with weak nowadays Bate, yes with a man down for more than 80 mins, but Bate lost their top scorer recently. Anyways my point is that this game has a great chance of being more even than we think. I dont think that Galata outmatch, Shalke in quality, even without some key figures in the squad. Because yes the turkish side has invested and bought players, but they look more like Malaga in their ways, than like Psg or some other team with money right now. This game is unpredictable to me so no bet. Good luck to everyone.

The only ray of light for Shalke playing against Mainz' date=' lasf weekend seemed to be Bastos, bought from Lyon, now I am almost sure he wont play, since he has been registered the Lyon squad for Europe. Other than that yes Gala has class, but I am not sure turkish teams are a factor in the European competitions. Look at Fener, they had it tough with weak nowadays Bate, yes with a man down for more than 80 mins, but Bate lost their top scorer recently. Anyways my point is that this game has a great chance of being more even than we think. I dont think that Galata outmatch, Shalke in quality, even without some key figures in the squad. Because yes the turkish side has invested and bought players, but they look more like Malaga in their ways, than like Psg or some other team with money right now. This game is unpredictable to me so no bet. Good luck to everyone.[/quote'] bastos is club-tied and wont be playing in CL

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February I watched last game of Galata and they played awful 60min. Akhisar is one of the relegation candidates in Turkish League yet they outplayed Galatasaray, Gekas wasted 2 one on one opportunities. After that Drogba came into the game and scored above 2 defenders and did one one two with Burak and they win 2-1. This Drogba is not fit yet i doubt that he will play in first 11. Also Sneijder is not playing good anyway he is worse than Selcuk Inan who has similar playstyle with Sneijder. If Terim would start with Drogba-Burak-Sneijder-Selcuk surely he will loss midfield so i dont think that Drogba will start probably he will stay with Umut or another midfielder to compansade Sneijder's lack of help to the midfield. The point is dont get hyped about Drogba and Sneijder. Burak and Selcuk are better atm so tread this Galata as the same team in the group stage nothing more nothing less its basically the same team. And in the CL group stage Galataray lost against Braga drew against Cluj and won 1-0 against reserve Man Utd at home. They are very vulnarable at the back especially with counter attacks Cluj and Braga scored at counter attacks in Istanbul and I think Schalke is capable as those teams. Galatasaray never improved defensively at the break. Prediction: Schalke to win by 1 goal. @ 5.30 Betsson 1/10

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February Istanbul - Schalke 04 I also cannot see a winner here. Gala has some Problems against Bundesliga Teams - 0 of the last 5 won at home. Drogba and Sneijder didn't play for some Months before they signed the Contract with Istanbul. Both are quality Players but are they played-in with the Team? Huntelaar (4 goals in 6 CL Games) is ready to play this Evening - I read the lastest news and Schalke said is is ready to play. His Eye is better and he can support Schalke tonight. The Greece Papadopoulus is a miss in Defense - The Dutch Affeley and Marica are missings for the offensive Play. I looking forward to see a offensive Play. Gala Couch Terim said, they will start carefully against the German. But if we starts with Drogba and Sneijder - he has two Players with a clear offensive kind of Play. Schalke will not lose here but they have to fight in Istanbul. It will be a horrible trip to the Telecom Turk Arena for Schalke. The West German are looking for a substitute for the Interim Coach Keller. There is always some rumour in Schalke. Keller can collect some plus Points if he will not lose all the three Points tonight. Over 2.5 Goals 1.85@Tipico

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February "Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has received the green light to play after doctors treated a blood clot in his eye that forced him to miss two Bundesliga outings. Atsuto Uchida, Ibrahim Afellay, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Ciprian Marica, Christoph Moritz and goalkeeper Lars Unnerstall are absent with various injuries while January recruit Raffael is ineligible." - uefa.com So Bastos is in, also Huntelaar. Odds on Gala should drift.

bastos is club-tied and wont be playing in CL
@escou and NoFear: Bastos is not cup-tied. Lyon did not feature in the CL this season. The cup-tied player is that Rafael guy they loaned from Dynamo Kyiv in the winter break, he won't play tonight.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February a few decent articles on google say he is cup-tied. maybe i should check the credibility of those sources. thanks for clearing this up I would post links but its against forum rules. But you are right, he is not cup-tied. Its the brazilian rafael.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February LINE-UPS - Galatasaray v Schalke (1945 GMT) Galatasaray: Muslera, Sarioglu, Kaya, Nounkeu, Riera, Altintop, Felipe Melo, Inan, Sneijder, Burak Yilmaz, Drogba. Subs: Iscan, Bulut, Balta, Eboue, Kurtulus, Colak, Amrabat. Schalke 04: Hildebrand, Hoger, Howedes, Matip, Kolasinac, Draxler, Jones, Neustadter, Michel Bastos, Farfan, Huntelaar. Subs: Fahrmann, Obasi Ogbuke, Pukki, Metzelder, Fuchs, Barnetta, Meyer. Referee: William Collum (Scotland)

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February My take on the match: Schalke: Form last 5: W-D-L-L-D Things are some problematic at Schalke at the time. Manager Keller is getting some attention and is under pressure to improve the current form and the poor 9`th in the league. Schalke still have several injury worries, with Papadopoulos and Afellay both out as well as first choice keeper Unnerstall. Raffael is cup-tied, while Joel Matip and Jermaine Jones are both one yellow card away from suspension. Huntelaar is back but has not played last two games. And before that he has only two goals the last 12games. Galatasaray. Form last 5: L-W-D-W-W To play against Galatasaray in Istanbul is a nightmare, the fans are crazy and with the new signings and current form there is a fantastic atmosphere in and around the club, at the moment. Gala is only missing Elmander from their starting eleven but he would have been most likely to be replaced by Didier Drogba who came off the bench to score once and assist another goal in the comeback win over Akhisar for his debut on Friday night. My play: Schalke has the history on their side, but in this game iam goning to play the current stats and form. Whit this i am having problems seeing Schalke taking home the victory in this one. LAY Schalke 3,40 @Betfair Galatasaray to win or draw 1,49 @Betfair /S

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February anyone has any theories about the drift on galatasaray on the exchanges? general consensus here is galatasaray will win, and drogba and sjneider both start. So just thinking what could have caused the drift from 2.2 to 2.5? Really mind-boggling. at the current price, I have to agree. Schalke are a lay at 3.25

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February After having read the thread from top to bottom I have realized that 90% of the punters actually havent watched a single match of Galatasaray in their home league.I found some of the comments quite funny as I personally dont think the mother countries of teams that face each other are VERY irrelevant in the outcome of the match. Just to share how I pick my bets is that 1. I look at the recent form of the whole team 2. Form in Tournaments 3. Injuries & Suspensions After all this weather,god,lucky 7 comes into mind :) And as for tonights match ; I have been watching the home side in the domestic league and I cant say that they're on good momentum.Someone mentioned in the comments that Turkish Super League was ****ty.I'm afraid I'd have to agree with the person. The weakest point of GS is their left back and 2 CB's.I think if Schalke get their flowing game up they will create a lot of chances. For the outcome of the match, SCHALKE Not to Lose.

result is slightly unfair on galata' date=' but there is still one half in play[/quote'] I'd agree on the result being on fair but I would disagree about the team.Schalke could've won the match by more than 3 goals.

Hey mates put some logic on it. I don't remember a turkish side eleminating a german side honestly. You just mentioned the likes of Sneijder and Drogba but you musn't forget that the dutch midfielder hasn't played for a considerable time and he needs time to return(if he will return) at his best days...Referring Drogba this guy might be too old at this stage and the goal scored against Bayern from that solitary corner will be his last in Europe. As for Schalke,it's true they're having an off period nowadays but remember that Huntelaar just extended his contract while the good brazilian of Lyon,Michel Bastos came at the winter market and immediately scored a goal in his first match with Schalke. Another thing,you guys always mention the 'great' supporters of Galatasaray but you know Schalke has even more fanatic supporters and after all Germany is the nr 1. in Europe regarding the nr of the supporters in a stadium per match. So mates please do not get excited too early and face the facts. I will put large sums of money on Schalke here. See u around guys around!
COOL!!! :)

Herr wolf current form is logic and if you want to bet on past experiences between Turkish and German sides then you might as well throw a dart and back which side it lands on. This is arguably one of the strongest Turkish sides in years and Schalke copped another 4-0 hammering last night. This is one of the best value bets your likely to see and I just can't see how Schalke can get through this tie.
@themanwiththestats Now where was the value mate??!