** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February

Gala are around the $2.55 $2.60 mark to qualify , what dictates this price ? In my book it should be the exact opposite Schalke have won 1 of their last 9 bundesliga games and got beaten by Gruether Furth at home yesterday which was just abysmal. Gala are flying top of the table and have brought in Wesley sjnieder and didier drogba to add to an already attacking line up. I'm interested in other opinions because I just think the market has got it totally wrong.
I was thinking about the exact same thing. The only thing that stops me take this right away is the fact that I'm not familiar with Gala's way of play. All the results show the downtrend with Schalke and the improvement of Gala. Also one thing not to forget is that Gala's coach is the famous Fatikh Terim, who led them to a UEFA cup trophy in the near past. IMO the Turkish crowd will also be a factor in both of the clashed. Istanbul is famous of his ecstatic atmosphere and in Gelsenkirchen it could be the same knowing that there is a huge Turkish society that lives and works in Germany. Furthermore after Ivory Coast have lost at the ACN it seems that Drogba will join Gala earlier than expected.
Posts copied 3rd February.

Your right about how big the Turkish contingent will be when they head to Germany. They have a monster following over there. I don't think this price will hang around and I would expect by even the weekend they might be at about $2.20 then even shorter by game time. Surely we aren't the only 2 who think gala should be clear favs.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February Hey mates put some logic on it. I don't remember a turkish side eleminating a german side honestly. You just mentioned the likes of Sneijder and Drogba but you musn't forget that the dutch midfielder hasn't played for a considerable time and he needs time to return(if he will return) at his best days...Referring Drogba this guy might be too old at this stage and the goal scored against Bayern from that solitary corner will be his last in Europe. As for Schalke,it's true they're having an off period nowadays but remember that Huntelaar just extended his contract while the good brazilian of Lyon,Michel Bastos came at the winter market and immediately scored a goal in his first match with Schalke. Another thing,you guys always mention the 'great' supporters of Galatasaray but you know Schalke has even more fanatic supporters and after all Germany is the nr 1. in Europe regarding the nr of the supporters in a stadium per match. So mates please do not get excited too early and face the facts. I will put large sums of money on Schalke here. See u around guys around!

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February There's word that Huntelaar may not be in the match as he's having medical problems concerning his eyes/sight at the moment. I watched two of Gala's games for Sneijder, he only had about 20-25 minutes in both matches, but he looked very solid in his passes. I think the odds are 50/50 in this match.

Herr wolf current form is logic and if you want to bet on past experiences between Turkish and German sides then you might as well throw a dart and back which side it lands on. This is arguably one of the strongest Turkish sides in years and Schalke copped another 4-0 hammering last night. This is one of the best value bets your likely to see and I just can't see how Schalke can get through this tie.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February @themanwiththestats Yeah Schalke were beaten 04 yesterday but against the strongest team in Europe right now and I don't see that as a factor as 'm sure Galatasaray would have conceded 10 against Bayern at any time. Man don't forget that Galatasaray was lucky to get at this stage winning 1-0 against Manchester B team(or should I say C??) while the red devils had nothing to play for. They won in the last round in Braga 1-2 late in the match once again against a team with NOTHING to play for at that moment. They only beat the poor Cluj in romania after drawing in turkey. Braga defeated them in turkey too. On the other side Schalke made a PERFECT group stage and were capable of beating Arsenal 2-0 in London...the likes of Farfan, Jones, Barnetta, Draxler, Michel Bastos, Afellay Huntelaar etc are just too much for the jokes of Galatasaray who can't even impress in their own sh*tty league. It seems you underestimate all this things mate

Herr wolf u seem to be taking this personally... Schalkes last 10 games 1 win 3 draws 6 losses. Their perfect champions league record is absolutely irrelevant now because they are on a massive dip. Galatasaray are actually on top of the Turkish super league table so I'm not sure what your talking about in regards to their domestic record.

@themanwiththestats Yeah Schalke were beaten 04 yesterday but against the strongest team in Europe right now and I don't see that as a factor as 'm sure Galatasaray would have conceded 10 against Bayern at any time. Man don't forget that Galatasaray was lucky to get at this stage winning 1-0 against Manchester B team(or should I say C??) while the red devils had nothing to play for. They won in the last round in Braga 1-2 late in the match once again against a team with NOTHING to play for at that moment. They only beat the poor Cluj in romania after drawing in turkey. Braga defeated them in turkey too. On the other side Schalke made a PERFECT group stage and were capable of beating Arsenal 2-0 in London...the likes of Farfan, Jones, Barnetta, Draxler, Michel Bastos, Afellay Huntelaar etc are just too much for the jokes of Galatasaray who can't even impress in their own sh*tty league. It seems you underestimate all this things mate
You obviously didn't watch Schalke yesterday! :lol Afellay and Huntelaar won't be playing, and they were totally devoid of ideas yesterday and didn't have a shot on target, don't think I've ever seen such a one-sided game in the Bundesliga. Obviously a fair difference between Galatasaray and B.Munich but I don't think I would be going near Schalke currently, they are in a right mess. Not really watched Gala but they should stand a decent chance of going through.

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February Drogba scored his first goal for Galatasaray today after comming on as a sub in the 63rd minute, he scored on the 68th minute and gave one assist, can't wait to see these two sides on wednesday http://skorer.milliyet.com.tr/akhisar-belediye-genclik-ve-spor-galatasaray/MacinOzeti?EventID=1263932&LigTvMatchGoalID=10911 http://skorer.milliyet.com.tr/akhisar-belediye-genclik-ve-spor-galatasaray/MacinOzeti?EventID=1263932&LigTvMatchGoalID=10912

To Qualify - Galatasary is currently 2.55 with youwin.com and Schalke 2.38 with betfred.com. Time to dutch!
Actually, do you think that Betfred have the "To Qualify" odds the wrong way round? If I was to place the bet for Schalke to qualify at 2.38 and it does turn out to be an error would they void the bet or give me the correct odds of 1.57?

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February i am inclining to go for gala simply because this schalke team is here for the taking. their form has dipped over the last few weeks and they don't look so organised and are always vulnerable to concede. last year i remember they overachieved in this competition but their are not great team. i would put this match as 60% to 40% advantage for galatasaray

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February to say the truth i already had Galatasaray win before they bought Drogba and Snejder , now a little bit cautios as everybody now will back them , but still this team is better than Schalke at the moment without a doubt , they were a very good team before those transfers but now really dont know how this will effect on team , they bought Drogba but they already had i guess Burakk is his name topscorer in this champions league together with Ronaldo..still this is a cup game , and it can easily end 0-0 , unexpected happens often nowadays ...

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February 4pts Galatasaray to beat Schalke 5/4 Bet365 Turkey is a tough place to go at the best of times even for sides in the best of form but Schalke are nowhere near their best form. It may be that a return to European competition helps them here but I like the look of Galatasaray with Drogba and Sneijder in their ranks. They are two experienced players who knows what it takes to win ties like these. Whether the Turks can win the tie remains to be seen but I think they have Schalke at the right time to at least head to Germany with a lead from this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/galatasaray-vs-schalke-betting-drogba-and-sneijder-can-inspire-galatasaray-to-first-leg-lead

Re: Galatasaray V Schalke > Wednesday 20th February This came as a huge surprise that a player that scored 6 goals in the group stage is at such a big price on this special offer from William Hill. Burak Yilmaz To Score and Galatasaray To Win @ 14/1 (William Hill- headline offer) I think with the way Schalke have struggled in the league and the additions that Galatasaray have made, Galatasaray will be too strong especially at home in front of a packed house, and there top goalscorer will likely feature up front alongside Drogba.

This came as a huge surprise that a player that scored 6 goals in the group stage is at such a big price on this special offer from William Hill. Burak Yilmaz To Score and Galatasaray To Win @ 14/1 (William Hill- headline offer) I think with the way Schalke have struggled in the league and the additions that Galatasaray have made, Galatasaray will be too strong especially at home in front of a packed house, and there top goalscorer will likely feature up front alongside Drogba.
Not saying you are lying! But did you mean 14/1!? Yilmaz isn't going to be more than 2/1 anytime as a first choice striker and Gala are favorites to win..for example Drogba to score anytime and Gala to win is 5/1 and Huntelaar to score and Schalke to win is 6/1. Did you mean Yilmaz to score first and Gala to win?