International Friendlies > 2013

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 International Friendlies Tuesday 15th October 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kyrgyzstan v Tajikistan (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.98[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] South Korea v Mali (12:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Belarus v Japan (13:15 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brazil v Zambia (13:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.06[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 56[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Canada v Australia (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Friendly in China Brazil v Zambia Tuesday 15th October 12.45 Brazil - Last ten games v black African teams Brazil 1 South Africa 0 Gabon 0 Brazil 2 Brazil 1 Ghana 0 Tanzania 1 Brazil 5 Zimbabwe 0 Brazil 3 Brazil 1 South Africa 0 Brazil 3 Ghana 0 Brazil 0 Cameroon 1 Brazil 2 Cameroon 0 Brazil 3 Cameroon 0 Summary Nine wins, no draws, 1 defeat Goals scored = 21 Goals conceded = 1 Average margin of victory = 2 goals Brazil have a very good record against black African countries, winning the last nine games out of ten, and conceding only one goal. On average, these have been the stronger African countries like Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa. Zambia - Recent games against non-African countries Saudi Arabia 2 Zambia 1 South Korea 2 Zambia 2 India 0 Zambia 5 Kuwait 4 Zambia 0 Yemen 0 Zambia 1 Chile 3 Zambia 0 Zambia 4 South Korea 2 Zambia 4 North Korea 1 Iran 3 Zambia 2 Nine most recent games against non-African countries Zambia won 4, drawn 1, lost 4 Goals scored = 19 Goals conceded = 17 Average goals scored in nine games = 2 Average goals conceded in nine games = 2 Although Zambia have a good record against African sides, they have been much poorer against sides outside Africa. http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/10/15/world/friendlies/brazil/zambia/1592283/?ICID=HP_MS_03_02 I think Zambia are likely to find it hard to deal with the class of Brazil. On past evidence, Zambia will struggle to score and Brazil are likely to score at least two goals, quite possibly three or more. There is limited coverage of this game from bookmakers at the moment. I think there might be value backing Brazil on the handicap or a Brazil clean sheet. Any thoughts welcome ...

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 The Zambia head coach quit last week, Herve Renard has taken up the managers position at Socheux, his assistant will be in charge for this. Imagine Brazil -1.5AH will be about 1.25 or similar based on the straight price for the win being 1.05, the games in Beijung and after watching the Brazil v South Korea game on Sat I wouldn't be rushing to back them to win by 3 or 4, Brazil scored with pretty much their only 2 efforts on target and were second best for most of the game, playing on the break against a lively Korean side. There will be some agreements with the 'stars' european sides I imagine, virtually all of them played in the first game and I would be surprised if they all lined up against Zambia as well considering they have a long flight back after the game for matches at the weekend - that's only a guess. I know Brazil have been taking friendlies very seriously as they have no competitive matches. Zambia won the African Nations last year and have been pretty consistent in Africa since looking at their results, -2.5AH at 1.7ish? No thanks, probably better off playing 'win to nil' but only if Luiz is playing, held the defence togather against Korea and T.Silva is injured and out the squad currently.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Right have been doing my own research on the game by reading around and came across this article. It is worth a read. http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2013/10/14/4331485/brazil-zambia-betting-preview-expect-chipolopolo-to-make?ICID=SP The largest Zambia have suffered most recently was 4-0 and that itself was some 3 years ago, in 2010 to Kuwait in a friendly. Their next largest loss came against Chile in 2010, 3-0. I think the bet that appeals to me the most in this game is for Under 4.5 goals to be scored @ 1.57 Skybet. For reasons mentioned in the article above and the fact that they do not tend to lose by a large margin as their recent history (3 years) have shown. You can get on the win to nil @ 1.6 Betvictor, but this bet doesn't exactly give me much confidence. With this being a friendly, and jetlags to take into consideration, rotation is something that is more than likely to occur. I suppose the best way forward is to hold off till team news are in, but by then the price might have disappeared. Current pricing on handicaps don't appeal to me at the moment either.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013

Friendly in China Brazil v Zambia Tuesday 15th October 12.45 Brazil - Last ten games v black African teams Brazil 1 South Africa 0 Gabon 0 Brazil 2 Brazil 1 Ghana 0 Tanzania 1 Brazil 5 Zimbabwe 0 Brazil 3 Brazil 1 South Africa 0 Brazil 3 Ghana 0 Brazil 0 Cameroon 1 Brazil 2 Cameroon 0 Brazil 3 Cameroon 0 Summary Nine wins, no draws, 1 defeat Goals scored = 21 Goals conceded = 1 Average margin of victory = 2 goals Brazil have a very good record against black African countries, winning the last nine games out of ten, and conceding only one goal. On average, these have been the stronger African countries like Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa. Zambia - Recent games against non-African countries Saudi Arabia 2 Zambia 1 South Korea 2 Zambia 2 India 0 Zambia 5 Kuwait 4 Zambia 0 Yemen 0 Zambia 1 Chile 3 Zambia 0 Zambia 4 South Korea 2 Zambia 4 North Korea 1 Iran 3 Zambia 2 Nine most recent games against non-African countries Zambia won 4, drawn 1, lost 4 Goals scored = 19 Goals conceded = 17 Average goals scored in nine games = 2 Average goals conceded in nine games = 2 Although Zambia have a good record against African sides, they have been much poorer against sides outside Africa. http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/10/15/world/friendlies/brazil/zambia/1592283/?ICID=HP_MS_03_02 I think Zambia are likely to find it hard to deal with the class of Brazil. On past evidence, Zambia will struggle to score and Brazil are likely to score at least two goals, quite possibly three or more. There is limited coverage of this game from bookmakers at the moment. I think there might be value backing Brazil on the handicap or a Brazil clean sheet. Any thoughts welcome ...
Follow Brazil very closely and I can say it is not worth trying any handicap. Just remember the game with South Africa, which was btw played at home soil in Brazil. RSA is very similar in style to Zambia and to majority of African nations, which play slow and defensive football. This Brazilian team has serious motivation problems when they play such "unattractive" teams. And the fact that the game is in Asia doesn't help in this respect either. It is worth expecting big Brazil victory against such opponent only when Brazilians have performed badly in their previous match and have been heavily criticized for this - Brazil - China 8-0 (after just 1:0 vs South Africa), Brazil-Iraq 6-0 (after the stadium was shouting for coach Manu Menenzes resignation in the previous friendly with Argentina's reserves), Brazil-Australia 6-0 (few days after loss against Switzerland). From Zambia I expect nothing but defending and being happy to get a decent result (small loss) here. I see this match as 2:0 Brazil victory. Anyway, the win to nil bet might be very good option.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 3pts Brazil (-2.75AH) to beat Zambia 1.90 Ladbrokes Zambia’s form since they won the African Nations Cup is a bit of a mystery but Brazil won’t be concerned about that. They always go out to entertain and I see no reason why they won’t do that here and if they score early with the fragile confidence of the Zambians this could turn into a bit of a rout. Whichever side Brazil put out this should be a comfortable win for the Samba Boys. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brazil-vs-zambia-betting-brazil-can-pick-up-another-comfortable-win-in-china

Follow Brazil very closely and I can say it is not worth trying any handicap. Just remember the game with South Africa, which was btw played at home soil in Brazil. RSA is very similar in style to Zambia and to majority of African nations, which play slow and defensive football. This Brazilian team has serious motivation problems when they play such "unattractive" teams. And the fact that the game is in Asia doesn't help in this respect either. It is worth expecting big Brazil victory against such opponent only when Brazilians have performed badly in their previous match and have been heavily criticized for this - Brazil - China 8-0 (after just 1:0 vs South Africa), Brazil-Iraq 6-0 (after the stadium was shouting for coach Manu Menenzes resignation in the previous friendly with Argentina's reserves), Brazil-Australia 6-0 (few days after loss against Switzerland). From Zambia I expect nothing but defending and being happy to get a decent result (small loss) here. I see this match as 2:0 Brazil victory. Anyway, the win to nil bet might be very good option.
I think when opposing one idea, it's often worth looking at betting on the other side ... If you really think it will be about 2-0, then there are some good value bets available backing unders or Zambia on the handicap - Under 2.5 4.0 Bet365/Coral Under 3.5 sbobet/Pinnacle 2.26 1st Half Under 1.5 2.05 bwin Zambia +2.5 2.44 sbobet

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Here's a good article … "5 Things We Learned from South Korea vs. Brazil" http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1808382-south-korea-vs-brazil-5-things-we-learned Mentions the importance of Neymar and Thiago Silva, doubts about Hulk and praises Scolari for keeping Brazil motivated when playing friendlies

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 This Zambian football website reckons stand-in Zambian coach Patrice Beaumelle will field a relatively attacking line-up today. Beaumelle replaced Herve Renard last week when Renard left to manager FC Sochaux in France. Beaumelle was assistant coach under Renard ... http://www.zambianfootball.co.zm/?p=7453 In this interview, it certainly sounds as though Beaumelle is expecting Brazil to win - "we are here just to learn from one of the best teams in the world" http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/105/main/2013/10/14/4332895/zambia-coach-beaumelle-its-a-privilege-to-face-brazil

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 South Korea vs MaliI have thought this game and I decided to skip this game. Actually, South Korea won last 4 games against African nations but most of them put their B-team. And, there are still big conflict between players. So, I want to take Mali at first but today is really really cold. So, I think it will be disadvantage for Mali to play. If I have to bet on one team, I will take Mali(+0.75AH) but ... don't have much confidence

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Brazil only need a few flashes of brilliance to put a mediocre opponent to the sword as we saw the other night. I think there should be at least 3 major mistakes which are likely to lead to goal. Not great value i must say unlike what the above poster got but multi with England H2H brings it up to $2. Not really the way to punt laying bets at crap odds but i'm a desperate man in need of a win. Brazil -2.0 @ $1.53

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 OFFICIAL - Zambia XI vs Brazil: Mweene; Kabaso, Himonde, Chama, Mbola; Mtonga, Lungu, Emmanuel Mayuka, Katongo; Fwayo Tembo, Jacob Mulenga. OFFICIAL - Brazil XI vs Zambia: Diego Cavalieri; Dani Alves, Dedé, David Luiz, Maxwell; Ramires, Lucas Leiva, Paulinho; Lucas, Pato, Neymar.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 scorer treble: Lukaku to score 2 or more Marica to score 2 or more Dzeko to score 2 or more 105 @Bet365 Belguim, Romania and Bosnia are expected to score plenty of goals against inferior opponents. All three players have a very good goalscoring record for their national teams lately.

Brazil only need a few flashes of brilliance to put a mediocre opponent to the sword as we saw the other night. I think there should be at least 3 major mistakes which are likely to lead to goal. Not great value i must say unlike what the above poster got but multi with England H2H brings it up to $2. Not really the way to punt laying bets at crap odds but i'm a desperate man in need of a win. Brazil -2.0 @ $1.53
God damn i'm a mug punter. I thought about going the other way with +handicaps or unders and weighed up my options but decided on thinking that Brazil may teach them a lesson rather than Zambia putting on a competitive performance. A person that lays bets on favs at short prices is a mug and at the moment that's me. Short have done that at no less than $2.00 as a 3 goal win over anyone anytime is a big ask :(

Why do I hate to play correct scores?! :wall

Result: Brazil 2 Zambia 0 I saw much of the game. Brazil were ultimately impressive and certainly deserved the win for their greater fluency and creativity. For their part, Zambia defended far more effectively than most teams against one of the best attacking teams in the world. In the first half, Brazil had very few chance, and Zambia looked a threat with some of their own fast attacks. But Brazil are like a high-performance car which takes a while to warm up. Once they reach their optimum temperature, they are very hard to match, and just out-pass and out-play their opponents. That's what happened in the second half. But Zambia were strong enough and disciplined enough to stop Brazil ever running away with the game, and at the end Brazil looked content with their 2-0 win as both sides swapped shirts. (Hindsight - value was on Zambia and unders.)

Feeling slightly more confident with Luiz in the backline, taking 4pts Brazil to win to nil @ 1.55 Betvictor doubled with Bosnia to win @ 1.92. And taken 3pts Under 3.75 goals @ 2.15 bet365 gl all :)
Both sides easily come in, now for Bosnia to do the business for me in the double. Grats to all other winners :) See you on the world cup betting thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 14 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Belgium v Colombia (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.99[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]South Korea v Switzerland (11:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.71[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Czech Republic v Canada (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.39[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Russia v Serbia (16:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Estonia v Azerbaijan (16:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Denmark v Norway (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Turkey v Northern Ireland (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Italy v Germany (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.96[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Poland v Slovakia (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.81[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]England v Chile (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scotland v USA (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.43[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ecuador v Argentina (01:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Netherlands v Japan (12:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wales v Finland (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Honduras v Brazil (22:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 17 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Luxembourg v Montenegro (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 18 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Italy v Nigeria (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 19 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Australia v Costa Rica (08:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.01[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]England v Germany (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Guys Turkey & Rep of Ireland to me looks like a good double your money bet here with PP. I'm not one for backing on friendly games and especially not one for backing the Rep of Ireland but we have just got a new manager in place of Trapattoni so i guess it will be a case of getting a first win under the belt and starting off a new era in Irish football. There will be a feel good factor in Dublin on friday and probably a full house to welcome Martin o Neil and Roy Keane. Latvia are the ideal opponents for us too. Between them not being so strong and the dawn of a new chapter is Irish football we should win comfortably. I just heard today that 3 players have pulled out of the Northern Ireland squad to travel to Turkey, 2 of them premier league players. Northern Ireland are already below an average team with some shocking results in the WCQs, most notably their loss to Luxembourg (Luxembourg's first home WCQ win since 1972). Turkey being a strong side and only missing out on a play-off spot to Romania on the last round of fixtures id have to fancy a clear home win here. I would just like to hear from anyone that knows anything about Turkish football, like do Turkey care about a match like this after the disappointment of not reaching the playoffs and has a strong squad got together for these friendlies ?? There is fifa ranking points at stake and with the draw for the euro 2016 finals in Feb will they be motivated ? Any feedback will be appreciated Cheers lads

Turkey definitely look a good shout, but at 1.4 the value will probably evaporate quite quickly once news of absentees filters round. Maybe one for the 'to win to nil' backers. Possible value in Scotland? I don't rate the Americans as favorites away at Hampden much.

Turkey definitely look a good shout, but at 1.4 the value will probably evaporate quite quickly once news of absentees filters round. Maybe one for the 'to win to nil' backers. Possible value in Scotland? I don't rate the Americans as favorites away at Hampden much.
I dunno, not lost in their last 7 away friendlies, against sides like Bosnia, Russia, Italy and Mexico. Odds aren't attractive to me on any outcome in that game. Turkey have named a pretty inexperienced squad for the game, 17 of the 28 have under 10 caps and they are missing the likes of Sahin, Toprak and Inan who all started the most recent competitive game against Netherlands. Match is being played in Adana that holds under 15,000..can't see it attracting much interest in Turkey tbh, odds on Turkey are rising accordingly. Northern Ireland have far more experience in their squad and although their record in friendly matches is terrible Turkey's isn't much better winless in 5 against such powerhouses as Latvia, Slovenia and Ghana. I guess the only bet I would take on is Turkey to win to nil at 2.7 with coral for 2 points, based pretty much purely on the fact that N.Ireland have failed to score in their last 8 away friendly matches, which is some record.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Does anyone have any knowledge on how Czech Rep is approaching the friendly with Canada? As a canadian it's obvious we are in a rebuilding period with a few experienced players but many young inexperienced players too. I expect us to lose if the Czechs play at least a few starters. I'll try and do a more detailed write up later but there might be a really good opportunity to bet on the Czechs to win a specific half depending on when the young players play. In the Australia game, it was 1-0 Aussies at half and then the coach put all the youngings in and Australia pulled away. Could be a similar situation here.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 czech republic is without PlaÅ¡il (89/6 Catania), Kadlec (51/8 Fenerbahce), Rosický (93/21 Arsenal ), Pekhart (19/2 Nurnberg) and Darida (15/0 Freiburg). In goal will be probably only number two Vaclik from Sparta Prague for his second international cap. But in nomination are strong names too as Čech (105/0 Chelsea), Sivok (44/3 Besiktas), Gebre Selassie (26/1 Bremen), Hübschman (56/1 Shakhtar), Kozák (7/2 A.Villa). This is their last match under old coach and he hasnt motivation to win, federation has new option for this place to next years. Because of that will be in starting roster probably another less experienced players like V. Kadlec (7/2 Frankfurt), Vydra (8/2 WBA), Vaněk (5/0), Dočkal (5/2), Horava (1/0), Krejčí (3/1) Å ural (0/0) -from Czech league, Mazuch (2/0 Dnipro) and Čelůstka (0/0 Sunderland). Its hard match to predict, only young players have some kind of motivation. But for who they will show their skills, when coach is on bench last time? And his taktic is another question, will he want to play attack football for full match? Czechs has good players but have lost at home with Armenia or Lithuania and in friendlies with Hungary or Finland. I dont expect from them more like 2 goals and Canada isnt so poor for score one goal too. I guess for under 3 for price 1,72 @ maraton and HW with under 3,5 for 2,1 @ bwin.

I dunno, not lost in their last 7 away friendlies, against sides like Bosnia, Russia, Italy and Mexico. Odds aren't attractive to me on any outcome in that game.
On the flip side, Scotland have only lost at home to Argentina in friendlies during the same period. Neither side has drawn a game in quite a while either and the last time the two faced eachother here it finished 1-1. Wouldn't surprise me to see a similar scoreline.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Any thoughts on Belgium v Columbia later on? I think Overs may be a good bet with the likes of Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, Falcao and Martinez on the pitch yet unders is favourite. I think theres a good chance this could be a pretty open game and Columbia are a pretty good side. Im thinking along the lines of 2-2 or 3-2 so Im taking Over 2.5 @ 2.10 and Over 3.5 @ 3.90 local bookie.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 What am I missing on the Estonia - Azerbaijan game?? Local bookies have odds droping like a stone, from 4,2 -> 3,0.. I immediately saw huge value on Azerbaijan side, producing more than decent football as of late. Estonia on the other hand just a shadow of the giant-slayer they were 2 years ago. Vasilev will most likely not appear for the home side, and frankly speaking he was the only one who could push his team to goals and victory against anything else than poor defence. I am really tempted to back Azerbaijan DNB or to WIN. Any thoughts?

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Republic of Ireland -v- Latvia Ireland take on Latvia at the Aviva Stadium tomorrow evening in the first game for the new management team of Martin O'Neill and his assistant Roy Keane. It's the beginning of a new era for Ireland, and optimism is building ahead of this fixture. After the end of a disappointing World Cup qualifying campaign, which saw Ireland finish in 4th place in their group, a change was needed. Giovanni Trapattoni's six year tenure was a successful one in my opinion, but ultimately his downfall was attributed to him creating too much controversy regarding player selection and limitations with his ability to communicate appropriately in English. His negative tactics were difficult for fans to enjoy also, but as long as they were successful they were tolerated – but in the last campaign they no longer were effective. So now the FAI have appointed Martin O'Neill as manager, the man who captained Northern Ireland to the quarter finals of the 1982 World Cup, and a double European Cup winner with Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest. As a manager he had incredible success with Wycombe Wanderers (promoting them twice), Leicester City (promoting them to the Premier League, making them a competitive mainstay in the Premier League, and winning them 2 League Cups), Celtic (their second most successful manager ever, losing to Jose Mourinho's Porto in the 2003 Uefa Cup final), and even Aston Villa, whom he maintained as a team competing for a Europa League spot almost every season he was in charge. He has chosen Roy Keane as his assistant, who although is known to be a controversial figure, is of course most famous for his footballing ability. He was undoubtedly one of Ireland's greatest ever footballers, and he was instrumental in Alex Ferguson's Manchester United team of the first decade of the Premier League era, as he spent most of that time as club captain, and helped them win the European Cup in 1999, among many leagues. As an Irish footballer he was excellent too, but controversially turned his back on the country, by falling out with manager Mick McCarthy right before the 2002 World Cup. Ever since then Roy Keane has had rough dealings with the FAI, and his own managerial career has been disastrous. However, his appointment as assistant has excited the nation, and the joint team of Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane, two exceptional Irish football men, has everybody excited about Ireland's future prospects, and tomorrow's game does promise to provide the first opportunity for the Irish players to perform for the new management team. Given that there's such a wave of optimism following their appointment, I'm quite confident Ireland will perform well tomorrow and win well. When this fixture was announced a few weeks ago, many people were almost laughing at the FAI, since there was no manager in charge, and the prospect of selling tickets for a home fixture against lowly ranked Latvia was very low. The attendance for tomorrow's game threatened to be tiny, but now that Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane are in charge, it could be close to a sell-out and that will drive the Irish players on. Ireland have a strong squad available for this tie too. Either Kieran Westwood or David Forde will start in goal. The defence is likely to be Seamus Coleman right back, John O'Shea and Sean St. Ledger centre halves, Marc Wilson left back. Then it will depend upon whether Martin O'Neill opts to go with 5 or 4 in midfield. Either way, Ireland have a lot of good options for this tie in both midfield and attack. Aiden McGeady, Andy Reid, James McCarthy, Robbie Keane and Shane Long are all likely to feature, while there are plenty of other good players I'm not mentioning. Latvia have chosen a squad made up of mainly domestically based players from Skonto Riga or Ventspils. The Latvian league has just finished, so I'm sure Marian Pahars will be looking for hungry performances from his squad. However, they are without two of their best players, and certainly in my opinion two of their most well known players; Artjoms Rudņevs and Aleksandrs Cauņa. It's still early days for Marian Pahars' campaign as Latvia manager, and it would seem he's looking to bed in new faces into the Latvian team, and that he's opting for limited experience both in defence, midfield and attack. All in all, I think Ireland will definitely win tomorrow night. I think Latvia are going to be more or less the same sort of calibre of Kazakhstan, and Ireland were able to quite easily defeat Kazakhstan a month ago 3-1, where Kazakhstan's goal was quite a fluke goal, yet a great goal. I believe Ireland will win by two goals tomorrow evening. The optimistic wave following the appointment of Martin O'Neill and his assistant Roy Keane will drive Ireland on to win well tomorrow night, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win by more than 2 goals. Therefore the Ireland -1.5AH line @ 1.97 odds is a very good bet. Good luck! My pick: Ireland -1.5AH @ 1.97 odds with SBOBet (1 unit)