** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dubai Carnival

cpo

Re: Dubai Carnival

Nice to see you back CPO...Been doing ok with Meydan and Jebel, smashed the bar in the last on saturday...KAISS..beaten a nose, got 50/1 on Betfair..:$, traded out my stake, but that was it.....So unlucky to be snatched up 50 yards out. But we all know who the best apprentice in europe is...his 7lb is like a stone. Champion jockey without a doubt in the next five years, Mick Halford's little diamond.
Thanks mate. Couple of big races on Thursday. UAE 1000 Guineas and round 2 of the Al Maktoum Challenge. I imagine Music Chart will go off favourite for the Guineas and should take all the beating. The other big race could be a good one as Godolphin have some of their big guns entered. Capponi who finished 2nd in the Dubai World Cup last year is entered up and so is the fascinating French recruit Saint Baudolino. Very excited to see Saint Baudolino on his first start for Al Zarooni as he was top class last year and is unlucky not to be a multiple group 1 winner. Add to that the 2 ex Aiden O'Brien horses Await the Dawn and Daddy Long Legs who could be having their first runs for De Kock. Could be a very good race!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate. Couple of big races on Thursday. UAE 1000 Guineas and round 2 of the Al Maktoum Challenge. I imagine Music Chart will go off favourite for the Guineas and should take all the beating. The other big race could be a good one as Godolphin have some of their big guns entered. Capponi who finished 2nd in the Dubai World Cup last year is entered up and so is the fascinating French recruit Saint Baudolino. Very excited to see Saint Baudolino on his first start for Al Zarooni as he was top class last year and is unlucky not to be a multiple group 1 winner. Add to that the 2 ex Aiden O'Brien horses Await the Dawn and Daddy Long Legs who could be having their first runs for De Kock. Could be a very good race!
Yes some great racing ahead, did you see the almighty mess up by SDS in the group 2 last thursday. He needs to be smarter than that, Jockeys will look to get the best beaten in any way they can, and in this race they give him no room to manouvre, I think that may be a wake up call for him, and he needs to be smarter against top jockeys from other nations. For me he is still along way short of dettori..Tacticaly speaking.

Yes some great racing ahead, did you see the almighty mess up by SDS in the group 2 last thursday. He needs to be smarter than that, Jockeys will look to get the best beaten in any way they can, and in this race they give him no room to manouvre, I think that may be a wake up call for him, and he needs to be smarter against top jockeys from other nations. For me he is still along way short of dettori..Tacticaly speaking.
Yes I take it your on about his ride on Sharestan? I have watched the race a few times as I sill fancy that horse to win a big prize on World Cup day. I thought he was a little unlucky on the day as he got no run whatsoever for pretty much the whole race. He had the horse nicely positioned in 4th in the early stages but the eventual winner slowed up ahead of him which allowed a few to go past SDS. By this time even if he tried to get out, it was not possible as there was always something on his outside. He had to take the gap on the inside when it opened up for him but again he just had nowhere to go and other horses kept him locked in. I see what your saying that he should have made an earlier move to avoid any potential trouble in running but sometimes it's just pure bad luck. I don't think he wanted to barge his way through, which he probably could have done at several points in the race as he may have picked up a ban. Bigger targets await so fingers crossed it doesn't happen on the big day. As for your comparison to master Lanfranco, then yes I agree he is still a fair bit away. If I could have any jockey on my horse it would be Ryan Moore every time. He isn't the most charismatic but who cares. He very rarely makes the wrong decision and he is so strong in the saddle. I remember having a decent bet on Presvis to win the Dubai Duty Free in 2010 where he was sent off a 15/8 shot. It was like watching a horror film as Christophe Lemaire got no run at all and never remotely looked like getting involved. It's horrible when it happens to a horse you have backed but thats the chance you take with horses you know are going to be held up. What made things worse is I went against him the following year with River Jetez and you can probably guess what happened. He was sent off a 5/1 shot and the race just opened up for him turning in and Ryan Moore got the perfect run through and pipped my horse by just under a length. I was absolutely devestated!

Yes I take it your on about his ride on Sharestan? I have watched the race a few times as I sill fancy that horse to win a big prize on World Cup day. I thought he was a little unlucky on the day as he got no run whatsoever for pretty much the whole race. He had the horse nicely positioned in 4th in the early stages but the eventual winner slowed up ahead of him which allowed a few to go past SDS. By this time even if he tried to get out, it was not possible as there was always something on his outside. He had to take the gap on the inside when it opened up for him but again he just had nowhere to go and other horses kept him locked in. I see what your saying that he should have made an earlier move to avoid any potential trouble in running but sometimes it's just pure bad luck. I don't think he wanted to barge his way through, which he probably could have done at several points in the race as he may have picked up a ban. Bigger targets await so fingers crossed it doesn't happen on the big day. As for your comparison to master Lanfranco, then yes I agree he is still a fair bit away. If I could have any jockey on my horse it would be Ryan Moore every time. He isn't the most charismatic but who cares. He very rarely makes the wrong decision and he is so strong in the saddle. I remember having a decent bet on Presvis to win the Dubai Duty Free in 2010 where he was sent off a 15/8 shot. It was like watching a horror film as Christophe Lemaire got no run at all and never remotely looked like getting involved. It's horrible when it happens to a horse you have backed but thats the chance you take with horses you know are going to be held up. What made things worse is I went against him the following year with River Jetez and you can probably guess what happened. He was sent off a 5/1 shot and the race just opened up for him turning in and Ryan Moore got the perfect run through and pipped my horse by just under a length. I was absolutely devestated!
You think like me on this score...weird...In that race of SDS, he had 1 opportunity to get up the inside of the Belgium..(another top rider) after 3 furlongs,( and i dont know but you must need a second sense at 40 mph of what jockeys are trying to do), he reigned back and sat on the rails, LD or RM i feel would have none of that, they would have got there, from then on, he was always in trouble. The horse is 10lb better than that run, but we may reap dividends for that, here is hoping. As for RM, he is "the best" riding at the moment, when he is fully fit, and lets hope he stays that way, no one comes close, I beleive he will be very eager to get that champion jockey back, and I will be backing him to do so. I did make a comparison to him being in the premiere and adam kirby being in the championship, but not everyone agrees..adam kirby is good in his own sphere, but sometimes in sport there are just better...That is the case here. BTW look at the 3.45 Ling last friday, youll see how good the man is, and also the two horses involved, keep them in your notebook, i am convinced they are Linfield Derby bound, a class 4 on the day, which was run at class 2 fractions.;)

The official time keeper of Meydan racing is Longines and if you watch the reply of the race on the Dubai Racing Club website then the clock is stopped at 1.47.83 but like you said the Racing Post have it down as a much slower time. Still I think he is the one to be on in the Dubai Duty Free. Racebets currently go 6/1 with him. He had a terrible race the other day where he got no luck in running whatsoever. That's probably a good thing as his price is still a very tempting one' date=' whereas had he won last Thursday I would imagine it would be much shorter.[/quote'] It was a mistake from the official timekeeper as you can read here : http://www.dubairacenight.com But like you I think Sharestan is the one to beat in the Duty Free. He ran 1m49.72s in the al rashidiya trial without beeing pressed. SDS let him run with hands and heels. The Apache clocked 1m49.68s in the al rashidiya. 0.04 s faster, but he was hard pressed by City Style and Soumillon made use of the whip. Sharestan clearly was the best horse in the field. He likes course and distance und is fit. In my opinion he is capable of running 1m48s or faster. I have a big bet on him winning the Duty Free @ 10. I am thinking about topping up. I love the Dubai Carnival and wish you all the best of luck.

Re: Dubai Carnival GIANT’S Causeway filly Emotif returns to racing in Thursday night’s Listed UAE 1000 Guineas at Meydan and Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa’s runner will be the focus of many a racing enthusiast following her runaway debut win in South Africa last May. Mike de Kock has made no secret of the fact that Emotif is highly regarded by the yard and he said on Tuesday: “Emotif is a very smart filly and we think a helluva lot of her. She had a problem when she arrived in Dubai after travelling from South Africa, suffering from azuturia or ‘tying up’, which kept her out of training for a while. We’ve done as much as we can do with her though, she’s showing us a lot and we’re expecting her to be a huge runner.” Christophe Soumillon will take the ride on Emotif in this $US250 000 event. Await The Dawn (Pat Cosgrave) and Mushreq (Soumillon) will fly the flag in Round 2 of the Al Maktoum Challenge, to be contested over 1900m on the all-weather track. Accomplished stayer Await The Dawn (USA), is a lightly raced five-time winner from nine starts, including a Group 2 and two Group 3s in the UK. He hasn’t raced since finishing unplaced in last year’s Dubai Duty Free on World Cup Night and will make his debut for the yard. Mike said: “This is a very smart horse and he’s working well, but he will need the run. I expect him to do well on this surface and he will improve much with this run under his girth.” Mushreq, Mike said, is very fit and well. “We’re being a bit hard on him but at his rating there’s not much we can do. We’re taking a chance but he’s in there with a chance.” Jardim (Soumillon), has been disappointing so far this season, but he will be having his third run following a rest in a handicap over 2000m on the all-weather. “We’re hoping for a better run,” said Mike. El Estruendoso showed a lack of experience when beaten 7.75 lengths by Soft Falling Rain in his first run back, a fortnight ago, and the stable believes he’ll show a lot more in Race 3, the Meydan Classic Trial over 1400m on turf. Mike commented: “He needs more experience but is likely to show big improvement, he should run well.” Mohammed Khaleel’s Star Empire was beaten only a quarter-of-a-length over 2410m on his return to the track after a two-year layoff recently and he is in good shape for a 2810m handicap this time round. “He’s fitter than last time and we’re happy with his preparation.” Both Royal Ridge and Jet Legend are expected to be suited to the Tapeta surface in Race 7 over 1600m. Royal Ridge (Paul Hanagan) is preferred, but his stablemate is also expected to have a say, as both are working well.

Re: Dubai Carnival Going to post up my selections for tomorrow now but will post up my bets in the morning when more prices are available. 6.10 Meydan Ariete Arrollador EW This horse was one of my first bets of the carnival when he finished an unlucky 2nd. He disappointed last time out but he got no run whatsoever and could have finished much closer with a clear run. He could be a nice price on the back of that run plus the extra furlong here should suit him. He is well drawn in 4 if he can hold his position but I think there is definitely a big handicap in him. 5.35 Meydan Hunters Light This is the best race on the card by some way and a very tough one to fathom out. De Kock has stated that he feels Await the Dawn will need this run so that puts me off him a little. That being said it wouldn’t be the first time that a trainer has said something like that and the horse has won. For me this race revolves around picking the right Godolphin horse. They have 5 entered in the race but I think the two at the head of the betting are the ones to concentrate on. Saint Baudolino is the interesting horse in the race having looked very unlucky last year. He is the current favourite but I get the feeling he might just need the race. I do like Hunter’s Light who was very progressive towards the end of last year. He won a group 3 at Haydock on fast ground and followed that up with a demolition job in a group 2 over in Turkey on an all weather surface. The horse he beat by 5 lengths into 2nd that day was a group 1 winner and there were several smart horses in behind. He then finished 9 lengths behind Cirrus Des Aigles on ground softer than ideal, before going on to win a group 1 in Italy very comfortably. I think 10f is his perfect trip and he clearly likes an artificial surface as he has 2 wins and a 2nd from 3 runs. There is every chance there could be even more to come from him, as he is only 5. He is drawn well in 6 and he has the services of SDS, which would make him the Saeed Bin Suroor first choice. 5.00 Meydan Certerach Art Scholar is a horse I like but I think this trip will just stretch him so I would be against him here. Ahzeemah beat several of these last time out and will probably confirm the form with most of them if not all of them but I am going to take him on with the Irish trained Certerach. This horse was beaten by Ahzeemah last time out but finished off his race very well to suggest the step up in trip would suit. He has raced once over this trip where he was a very unlucky 6th behind I have a Dream at Leopardstown. He was travelling much the best in that race but just couldn’t get a clear run and would have gone very close to winning had he got one. I don’t think the trip is an issue with this horse as it could be with some of the others. Michael Halford does very well with his runners in Dubai and I am hopeful of a big run from Certerach tomorrow. He could be a very nice price as well considering there are horses in here with much bigger reputations. 4.25 Meydan Music Chart I backed Shuruq last time out and I thought she was going to win as she was travelling the best coming into the final couple of furlongs but she was outstayed by stablemate Music Chart. With the extra furlong here I don’t see how she can reverse the form so I am going to side with Music Chart. The biggest danger may well come from the Mike de Kock trained Emotif who he thinks is very smart. She has only raced once but beat some experienced rivals on her debut by 4 lengths and could really be anything. She did however suffer a setback when she first came over to Dubai, which ruled her out of the trial. That puts me off slightly so I think it’s safer to side with Music Chart who already has that win under her belt and should improve for the step up to a mile. 3.50 Meydan El Estruendoso As much as I like Hototo, I think he could be vulnerable in the closing stages even with Fallon doing the steering. I am going to take a chance on the Mike de Kock trained El Estruendoso. He was well beaten in the Guineas trial but he should come on plenty for that run. The switch to turf should also suit considering he well on his debut on turf. I actually don’t think this race will take much winning. There are maybe a handful that have a genuine chance of winning this race IMO and he is certainly one of them. Much will depend on Hototo from stall 1. If he is allowed to dictate the pace then he could prove tough to pass. My selection is poorly drawn in 11 but Soumillion has plenty of experience around this track so that is not a problem. De Kock believes this horse will get further in time so I would expect him to be finishing off his race well. Whether he gets up in time is another matter but I am confident of a good run.

Re: Dubai Carnival 4:25 Meydan MUSIC CHART Music Chart had a slow start in the trial and came from behind and won. It was a great ride from Mickael Barzalona, who is the rider today. She came wide in the trial but travelled very well. After that race he said: "Music Chart has a lot of speed and, being a filly, she has a lot of character. She could have won easily but she was a little bit green - I expect her to improve on her next start and she is a filly for the future." Mahmood Al Zarooni said that she improved at home and she will benefit from the step up to 1m. She won the trial in 1m 24.59s. The track record is about 2s faster. This is very good for a inexperienced 3yo animal. Gamilati, who won the 1000 Guineas and trial last year clocked 1m 27.45s in the trial and then won the Guineas easily. I think Music Chart will be very hard to beat today. She didn't show her maximum so far and will run a very good race. Another horse I am interested in is Hunter's Light. I will not back him because the Al Maktoum challenge is a very competitive race. Many good horses in the line-up. But I am eager to see how he performs.

Going to post up my selections for tomorrow now but will post up my bets in the morning when more prices are available. 6.10 Meydan Ariete Arrollador EW This horse was one of my first bets of the carnival when he finished an unlucky 2nd. He disappointed last time out but he got no run whatsoever and could have finished much closer with a clear run. He could be a nice price on the back of that run plus the extra furlong here should suit him. He is well drawn in 4 if he can hold his position but I think there is definitely a big handicap in him. 5.35 Meydan Hunters Light This is the best race on the card by some way and a very tough one to fathom out. De Kock has stated that he feels Await the Dawn will need this run so that puts me off him a little. That being said it wouldn’t be the first time that a trainer has said something like that and the horse has won. For me this race revolves around picking the right Godolphin horse. They have 5 entered in the race but I think the two at the head of the betting are the ones to concentrate on. Saint Baudolino is the interesting horse in the race having looked very unlucky last year. He is the current favourite but I get the feeling he might just need the race. I do like Hunter’s Light who was very progressive towards the end of last year. He won a group 3 at Haydock on fast ground and followed that up with a demolition job in a group 2 over in Turkey on an all weather surface. The horse he beat by 5 lengths into 2nd that day was a group 1 winner and there were several smart horses in behind. He then finished 9 lengths behind Cirrus Des Aigles on ground softer than ideal, before going on to win a group 1 in Italy very comfortably. I think 10f is his perfect trip and he clearly likes an artificial surface as he has 2 wins and a 2nd from 3 runs. There is every chance there could be even more to come from him, as he is only 5. He is drawn well in 6 and he has the services of SDS, which would make him the Saeed Bin Suroor first choice. 5.00 Meydan Certerach Art Scholar is a horse I like but I think this trip will just stretch him so I would be against him here. Ahzeemah beat several of these last time out and will probably confirm the form with most of them if not all of them but I am going to take him on with the Irish trained Certerach. This horse was beaten by Ahzeemah last time out but finished off his race very well to suggest the step up in trip would suit. He has raced once over this trip where he was a very unlucky 6th behind I have a Dream at Leopardstown. He was travelling much the best in that race but just couldn’t get a clear run and would have gone very close to winning had he got one. I don’t think the trip is an issue with this horse as it could be with some of the others. Michael Halford does very well with his runners in Dubai and I am hopeful of a big run from Certerach tomorrow. He could be a very nice price as well considering there are horses in here with much bigger reputations. 4.25 Meydan Music Chart I backed Shuruq last time out and I thought she was going to win as she was travelling the best coming into the final couple of furlongs but she was outstayed by stablemate Music Chart. With the extra furlong here I don’t see how she can reverse the form so I am going to side with Music Chart. The biggest danger may well come from the Mike de Kock trained Emotif who he thinks is very smart. She has only raced once but beat some experienced rivals on her debut by 4 lengths and could really be anything. She did however suffer a setback when she first came over to Dubai, which ruled her out of the trial. That puts me off slightly so I think it’s safer to side with Music Chart who already has that win under her belt and should improve for the step up to a mile. 3.50 Meydan El Estruendoso As much as I like Hototo, I think he could be vulnerable in the closing stages even with Fallon doing the steering. I am going to take a chance on the Mike de Kock trained El Estruendoso. He was well beaten in the Guineas trial but he should come on plenty for that run. The switch to turf should also suit considering he well on his debut on turf. I actually don’t think this race will take much winning. There are maybe a handful that have a genuine chance of winning this race IMO and he is certainly one of them. Much will depend on Hototo from stall 1. If he is allowed to dictate the pace then he could prove tough to pass. My selection is poorly drawn in 11 but Soumillion has plenty of experience around this track so that is not a problem. De Kock believes this horse will get further in time so I would expect him to be finishing off his race well. Whether he gets up in time is another matter but I am confident of a good run.
Good write up m8, Ive got two I want to really get stuck into today, but i am not putting them up yet, as everytime we put something up on here, it gets smashed, I dont want to lose the prices. Cheers.

Re: Dubai Carnival 15.15 Meydan: Ottoman Empire, 5/1 Betfred, win All four of Ottoman Empire's wins have come on all weather surfaces. He has had two runs so far this year and he should be in perfect condition for today. He drops back in trip to 10f which is his best distance in my opinion. He has won off today's mark before and was beaten by just a neck off a two pound higher mark by Gatewood who is now rated 21 pounds higher than that race. Trainer David Simcock is in great form with 3 winners and 3 places from 13 runners in the last two weeks. Harry Bentley is in the saddle. 16.25 Meydan: Shuruq, 6/1 Paddy Power, win Shuruq was beaten by ½L by the re-opposing Music Chart lto over a furlong shorter at this track. I think the extra furlong will suit the selection more than MC as he just didn't have the same turn of foot. His sire's offspring also have a strong record at a mile. The other main danger is Emotif but there are a lot of question marks and is probably best watched today. Saeed Bin Suroor is in decent form as is Silvestre De Sousa, who keeps the ride having been on board lto. 17.00 Meydan: Star Empire, 6/1 Paddy Power, win Star Empire ran well lto to finish third, beaten by just ½L. Nine of today's field were also in that race and, considering that was his first run in nearly two years and he should come on a lot for that run, I think he should come out the best from that race. His only attempt at this trip was in a listed race. He finished third, 2L behind the winner and 1¾L behind the top class Opinion Poll. He won off a four pound higher mark in 2011 at this track. Trainer Mike De Kock is in good form and the top class Christophe Soumillon is in the saddle. 17.35 Meydan: Mufarrh, 12/1 Paddy Power, e/w Mufarrh has a decent record at Meydan. He has run here 6 times, with 1 win, which was over today's distance, and 3 places, including a ½L defeat in a group 2. Lto, he ran well to finish fifth in a group 2. He started slowly and had to be held up as a result. He made good progress through the field in the last 2f and was finishing strongly to go down by 2L, the closest he had been to the lead. Saint Baudolino is the obvious danger but he has a long absence to overcome and was a beaten favourite in his only start on an all weather surface.

Re: Dubai Carnival 3.15 Meydan Layali Al Andalus 3/1 Most Firms 2 star bet for me. What we have here is a handicap, that the selection gets in off the same mark, with Richard Mullen taking over, he could have won last time, but his stable companion finished in front, Today he will get his nose in front, coming late and fast today to nab the front ones late on. He beat a couple of these last time, I dont see them reversing form. 3/1 is a great price. 7/4 on my tissue. Other selections to follow.

3.15 Meydan Layali Al Andalus 3/1 Most Firms 2 star bet for me. What we have here is a handicap, that the selection gets in off the same mark, with Richard Mullen taking over, he could have won last time, but his stable companion finished in front, Today he will get his nose in front, coming late and fast today to nab the front ones late on. He beat a couple of these last time, I dont see them reversing form. 3/1 is a great price. 7/4 on my tissue. Other selections to follow.
U not worried about a possible lack of pace mate? I liked this one as well but thought it might not get the race to suit

U not worried about a possible lack of pace mate? I liked this one as well but thought it might not get the race to suit
Not at all m8, because if they go a crawl, I beleive there will be a plan b, he has made all in the past... plus been close up of a crawl which he kicked 3 out, and caught em napping..He may do it today, It work with Bay Willow twice, I have confidence in Mullen, Knows what he is doing around here....BTW, Coral and Hills cut to 11/4 now. Hangers on, wretched lot.

Re: Dubai Carnival 3.50 Meydan I'm Back alot of 5/2 around the place. 21 days ago we seen a very good horse in soft falling rain. This is the race to concentrate on, Im Back was the only one to give him a race that day, and I beleive that the turf track will be ideal for him, as I dont see him out of the first 4 in the early stages, hoping he kicks early to stretch them. Hototo is struggling over this distance, and most of the others lack experience, or just not good enough for a conditions event. CS Mike DK horse is an unknown, but i dont beleive the gun will be put to his head today. 3 star win IM BACK.

Re: Dubai Carnival Group 2 challenge what a race this is. Just about the best race so far run here. The ex Fabre San bolodino is the only true G1 horse in here IMO. given his likeness to get his toe in, the tape tea over 10f should be spot on. if they have him fit, he will win this. After which will be fav for the big 1 in march. lastbet for me today 8 points win at 9/4 I'm on fingers crossed, they have him right.

Re: Dubai Carnival 15.20 Meydan: Burano, 4/1 Paddy Power, win Burano finished second lto over c&d, ¾L behind the re-opposing Masteroftherolls. He is one pound better off at the weights today and they are very closely matched but at the prices Burano is better value in my opinion. That was his first run since November and it should put him in perfect condition today. His only win came at this track in a listed race. Kieran Fallon is in the saddle. 16.30 Meydan: Daddy Long Legs, 7/1 Paddy Power, win Daddy Long Legs is having his first start for the in-form Mike De Kock. He has been out of sorts in his last few runs, although they were all in group 1's and he drops to group 3 today, and I'm hoping the change of stable will shake him up and get him back in form. His only run at this track was on World Cup night when he won the group 2 UAE Derby after an absence similar to what he has to overcome today. He has only run twice over today's distance, including a group 2 win and a 2L defeat by Power in a group 1. The top class Christophe Soumillon is in the saddle. 17.05 Meydan: Tamaathul, 6/1 Paddy Power, win Tamaathul won nicely lto over today's distance. He was held up near the back and made good progress to get to the front over a furlong out. He ran on well and won comfortably by 1¼L. He has never won on the tepeta but he has run well on it in the past, including a ¼L defeat in a group 3 this time last year and a ½L defeat in his first run this year by subsequent group 2 winner Barbeque Eddie. He has been in good form this season with two wins and two seconds from his four runs. This is his toughest race this season but he is in good heart and I think he has nothing to fear in this field. 17.40 Meydan: Anatolian, 3/1 Paddy Power, win Anatolian won over c&d lto. That was his first run in nearly seven months so he should come on for that run. Second to fifth that day were first to fourth in their next race. Mahmood Al Zarooni is in decent form. Mickael Barzalona keeps the ride having been on board lto.

3.55 MEYDAN..UAE 2000 GUINEAS. Soft Falling Rain. 11/10
>Paddy Power
One of the best potential horses to grace the UAE steps up tomorrow. Hitting the track standard last time, in a very easy manor. He does stand out as a 5 star bet for me. We are getting evens or a little bigger due to the inconclusive issue about the extra furlong. I guess PH has never say on a better one in his carear. On his dams side there are plenty of mile and mile plus wininng form, and even on the sires side we tend to think sprinter, but again, there is plenty of mile winning form. He will go from the front or near to it again, but he will produce a mid race time between 4 out and 1 out that the others just wont be able to live with. I know the 2nd fav has decent form from the states, but he still has not done it at this level, he has only placed or just out the places. A good thing as i have seen for a long time, at a superb price.
My biggest bet of the year so far riding here, I am very confident.

15.20 Meydan: Burano' date= 4/1 Paddy Power, win Burano finished second lto over c&d, ¾L behind the re-opposing Masteroftherolls. He is one pound better off at the weights today and they are very closely matched but at the prices Burano is better value in my opinion. That was his first run since November and it should put him in perfect condition today. His only win came at this track in a listed race. Kieran Fallon is in the saddle. 16.30 Meydan: Daddy Long Legs, 7/1 Paddy Power, win Daddy Long Legs is having his first start for the in-form Mike De Kock. He has been out of sorts in his last few runs, although they were all in group 1's and he drops to group 3 today, and I'm hoping the change of stable will shake him up and get him back in form. His only run at this track was on World Cup night when he won the group 2 UAE Derby after an absence similar to what he has to overcome today. He has only run twice over today's distance, including a group 2 win and a 2L defeat by Power in a group 1. The top class Christophe Soumillon is in the saddle. 17.05 Meydan: Tamaathul, 6/1 Paddy Power, win Tamaathul won nicely lto over today's distance. He was held up near the back and made good progress to get to the front over a furlong out. He ran on well and won comfortably by 1¼L. He has never won on the tepeta but he has run well on it in the past, including a ¼L defeat in a group 3 this time last year and a ½L defeat in his first run this year by subsequent group 2 winner Barbeque Eddie. He has been in good form this season with two wins and two seconds from his four runs. This is his toughest race this season but he is in good heart and I think he has nothing to fear in this field. 17.40 Meydan: Anatolian, 3/1 Paddy Power, win Anatolian won over c&d lto. That was his first run in nearly seven months so he should come on for that run. Second to fifth that day were first to fourth in their next race. Mahmood Al Zarooni is in decent form. Mickael Barzalona keeps the ride having been on board lto.
Good luck with these m8, Im knocking together 10 x e/w trebles 5 x e/w fours and 1 x e/w acc with my one "soft falling rain", 32 bets in total, Lets hope they are paying big today....Thanks again for the selections.;)