Timeform placepot tips

Has anyone been using/following the daily placepot tips that the tipsters from Timeform (Betfair) post every morning? Just wondered if they had any kind of reasonable strike rate or not? I've done a few of them with no success :(. Also, following them exactly is probably gonna produce a crappy dividend if every other Betfair punter is having a go!

They occasionally hit well- I look every day (betting.betfair.com is very mobile friendly) but the proportion of favs in the mix is about 50% meaning they're bound to go down. However, I've not done the maths but in the period I've been looking a fairly high percentage of the picks do place and what lets the thing down is a fav going out in the fourth leg or something. The dividends when they do win are alright but because they have up to 32 lines (and 64 in one case I remember!) you may only just get your pennies back.

Re: Timeform placepot tips Yeah I agree that Timeform is very useful, especially for free! All the tipsters had a positive strike rate for win only bets in 2012 so they must know their stuff. I know what you mean by the 32 liners. Check out the Ayr placepot tips on Jan 3rd where only 2 lines came in out of 32. Returned £41.40 for £32 bet. They billed it as a success the next day! Still, better than a loss ......

Re: Timeform placepot tips I occasional do their PlacePots. Landed a couple of biggy dividends but nothing to retire on. One of my best returns was 28th of April last year. £25 free bet from Betfair spent on Timeform's 24-line Sandown Placepot. Bowl me over, they landed 4 winning lines. Kerching! Hope this pic comes attached... 2012-04-28 Sandown PlacePot.jpg Stay lucky, G.

Re: Timeform placepot tips

That said' date=' the free Timeform stuff on Betfair is pretty good. I'm certainly finding it useful in my quest to learn more about Irish racing. It's a pity the point to point stuff hasn't been updated in ages.[/quote'] Didnt even know they did point to point stuff on there. Its the one thing that really lets Timeform down in my view as their ratings for most hunter chases are just pointless.

• 2 weeks later...