Jumps - Monday 7th January

3.10 Taunton - Extremely So 7/2 Boylesports BOG I have narrowed this down to three runners and whilst the other two are bigger prices, I cant help but think this one fits the bill. Her last run was against the very progressive Home Run who has since won again in a C4 Hcap off 114. That run had come off the back of two runs well up in trip where she was unsurprisngly well beaten, but before that she did have a couple of good runs in sellers that have worked out pretty well. Them runs alone would give her a chance off a mark of 95, but they were on good and her form seems to be better on soft and therefore she has an even bigger chance. The other two I like are Alwaystheoptimist & Flying Pheonix. The former had shown nothing for a while before running really well on his last start of the season when the front two pulled a long way clear. The winner had shown decent form before and was rated 116. He than ran like the run was needed LTO and could well come on a lot for this. The latter ran really well from out of the handicap when 2nd to Fashionable Girl in a C3 Handicap and that form looks strong. She then ran ok in a maiden (2nd won since & rated 127) before running on the flat most recently. My main concern is over the ground as her best form is on a sound surface. Another to keep an eye on is Scoter Fontaine who is having his first run of the season back over hurdles after a largely disappointing chase campaign.

Re: Jumps - Monday 7th January *Ballyegan > Taunton 3:40 > WIN @ 7/1 Hills BOG* Has been placed three times out of it's five attempts over 3 miles, and will enjoy the underfoot conditions. Was 2nd here at Taunton on it's only run at this track in a Class 4 handicap (tomorrow is Class 5), a much more competitive race, and off a higher mark, back in December 2010. Had a military jockey on board last time out when unseating so can scrap that run, the Bob Buckler yard has hit form, his horse's have been running well, like Malin Head and Double Dizzy, Sulpius etc, and this horse is overpriced at 7/1 in a small field.

Re: Jumps - Monday 7th January 2.40 Taunton Firstly, the race got my attention with 4 of the 5 runners trained by the name "williams" !!! DARE ME ran some decent races for Philip Hobbs last year including 2 feature hurdle races at Cheltenham and Aintree. Has ran in 2 chases this season, 2nd on his debut when he hit a few fences and would need to brush up on its jumping and found that when pitched into a Grade 2 event at Ascot against the mighty Simonsig, and was unlucky when a horse fell in front of it. A decent race for a monday at Taunton and also looking at the favourite CANTLOW who has to give weight away to the 4 rivals. Did well last season and finished 3rd over 3m in the pertemps at Cheltenham and then has been running over the minimum distance this year. Stepped up to 19f should suit tomorrow. The race is between these 2 and if Dare me gets round, i think it give CANTLOW a race. Will wait to see how the prices fare in the morning

Re: Jumps - Monday 7th January

2.40 Taunton Firstly, the race got my attention with 4 of the 5 runners trained by the name "williams" !!! DARE ME ran some decent races for Philip Hobbs last year including 2 feature hurdle races at Cheltenham and Aintree. Has ran in 2 chases this season, 2nd on his debut when he hit a few fences and would need to brush up on its jumping and found that when pitched into a Grade 2 event at Ascot against the mighty Simonsig, and was unlucky when a horse fell in front of it. A decent race for a monday at Taunton and also looking at the favourite CANTLOW who has to give weight away to the 4 rivals. Did well last season and finished 3rd over 3m in the pertemps at Cheltenham and then has been running over the minimum distance this year. Stepped up to 19f should suit tomorrow. The race is between these 2 and if Dare me gets round, i think it give CANTLOW a race. Will wait to see how the prices fare in the morning
5/2 Dare Me is what i have taken now as 1/2 Cantlow is too short, its now a 4 runner race. If DAre Me's jumping improves, it gives the fav a hell of a race i feel