Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norwich City v Newcastle United (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Norwich were abysmal at Upton Park yesterday. I can't see them being that bad again, however I fancy Newcastle to get something here, and they look a little too long to me. I'd have them just below three away to Norwich. Both sides are fairly equal, given the away factor as well, and Newcastle are still top eight for me, while Norwich are mid table'ish. So there may be some value in taking Newcastle on a positive handicap.

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Newcastle are simply terrible away from home this season. Played 10 games , 4 draws 6 losses. They have shipped goals alarmingly. 8 in 10 games have conceded 2 or more goals. Not one clean sheet away from home. Only Reading have a worse away record. Norwich hit the wall recently, having games against Chelsea and Man City at home. Tough for the smaller squads. They can rest up and be ready for this game. My feeling is that they will get back into the swing of things and return to winning ways. I think 2.38 is a lovely price here, against a 'Ba'-less , away struggling Newcastle outfit.

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Draw: 5/2 with Stanjames In the Premier League, Norwich have last their last 4 which isn't great form, however, they haven't lost by more than one goal which suggests a level of resilience in them, having lost their home games to Chelsea and Man City. Norwich deserved favourites here. Newcastle have lost 3 of their last 4, however, their run of games was even tougher than Norwich's as they've faced Everton, Arsenal and Man United, only beating QPR. Newcastle have suffered from injuries a lot this season, I know, but I can't help but wonder if there's something else afoot there? I do think they are a better team than their position in the table suggests, however, we're 21 games in so they have had plenty of opportunities to try to get to where they deserve to be? Maybe some Toon fans can let us know if there have been any rumours, or is it supposedly a happy camp? Also, I know the 'this result is due' philosophy is flawed, however, I couldn't help but notice Newcastle haven't drawn for 12 games, and 7 games have been and gone since Norwich last drew. I'm happy to take the 5/2 for the draw.

Newcastle + 0.25 @ 1.96 - bet365. I still fancy Newcastle to get something here. They should be getting a few players back following injury, with Guttierez, Cabaye, Cisse and Collocini. Newcastle were seriously depleted against Brighton and I'd expect them to be a little bit more refreshed than Norwich maybe. They've allowed their injured contingent FA cup weekend to freshen themselves up, and try to get back to match fitness. Steven Taylor should be back for the Reading game. So I fancy Newcastle to get something here against a Norwich side that have lost four on the spin. They should however welcome back Grant Holt following injury.

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Newcastle are in terrible form and they have terribly important, key players missing. This should not be underestimated. They also have not won an away game since last season. They have had absolutely no support in the market in the last few months and I see no reason for that to change so for that reason alone Norwich should be backed for a pre-kick off trade. Norwich have lost the last 4 but lets not forget 2 of those matches were against Chelsea and Man City and they were unlucky not to walk away with something in both matches. They do have injuries themselves but as they are playing at home against a horrible, weak side I feel Norwich are good for this. Norwich @ 2.24

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January

Newcastle + 0.25 @ 1.96 - bet365. I still fancy Newcastle to get something here. They should be getting a few players back following injury, with Guttierez, Cabaye, Cisse and Collocini. Newcastle were seriously depleted against Brighton and I'd expect them to be a little bit more refreshed than Norwich maybe. They've allowed their injured contingent FA cup weekend to freshen themselves up, and try to get back to match fitness. Steven Taylor should be back for the Reading game. So I fancy Newcastle to get something here against a Norwich side that have lost four on the spin. They should however welcome back Grant Holt following injury.
understand he is fit he just doesnt want to be there

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Colloccini handed in his transfer request today. Jase82, was from some obscure betting preview site that stated that he was "unlikely to start because he is only three quarters fit and unhappy". I interpretted the 'unhappy' as being not totally happy about his fitness. Obviously it was due to him being unhappy about being at the club. Can seriously see Newcastle going down again this season. Would be so gutting for the fans but lets be honest, they have not shown an ounce of determination so far this season and for a team that has just been down 'there' that is totally unforgivable they should be coming out fighting for their life every single match. To not have won an away game since last season is exactly the sort of form you would expect from a relegation side and actually most relegated teams have a better record than that. Hopefully for the fans Cabaye will start this weekend but lets be honest one player will not help a team like that. Still can't look past Norwich for an easy 3 points unfortunately

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January I also just cannot overlook the way they played against Chelsea and Man City. For a team to play with such confidence against those guys it shows something quite a lot deeper than a little luck - IMO it shows a real, deep down desire and determination to win. How easy must it be for a side like Norwich to get totally crushed by Man City? They didn't, they stood up to them and fought which is always a credit to the manager but more importantly tells you a great deal about the players and the general mood in the dressing room. It's just unfortunate that everytime I think of Norwich I think of farking Delia Smith cracking a white egg into a bowl and telling me to 'whip it'. Oooooh...Delia, ya dirty cow ya. (come on, you would...wouldn;t you?? And not just because she'd do a great breakfast)

Yes it does seem that Collocini has designs on returning to Argebtina. Although nothing has officially been said regarding news of supposed "demands" for a transfer, and Collocini "wants out" ... I've found no statement from Alan Pardew either, which suggests to me if he's fit he'll play. He was due to captain the side out tomorrow, and Mike Williamson is their only other recognised centre back currently available :unsure .... Is he fit? ... Debuchy should make his debut at right back tomorrow after signing.

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January For Newcastle, I hope he starts. But combining the uncertainty that he wants to be at the club and the uncertainty over his fitness I'm unsure. I'm going to feel so sorry for some of their players if Newcastle lose tomorrow. Some of their players are better than that. Demba Ba getting sold for less than 8 million was an absolute robbery and if Newcastle had been a few places higher in the league it would never have happened. If he'd stayed to the end of the season and continued scoring I don't see why he wouldn't have gone for 15m in the transfer window. Like I said, such a shame for everyone involved with Newcastle but talking business it's all the more reason to back Norwich, they will take advantage of this - to them, it's as easy a 3 points as you're going to get in this league.

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Coloccini will probably start but he's obviously not entirely happy at Newcastle. Cabaye will be on the bench and Cisse will probably have to start even if he isn't completely 100%. Ameobi is supended so they don't have much else to offer up front......has Ranger ever scored a goal!!? :) Newcastle are a wreck at the moment, and for once I feel sorry for them because for a change it isn't all their own doing (unless they have employed a shoddy physio). Their biggest miss, apart from Ba leaving, is Ben Arfa and without him they are half the team going forward. His cameo against Fulham showed exaclty what he can do, pure class in my opinion. Anyway, in this game I expect Norwich to win, Holt or no Holt, and what's more I am happy with a price of 5/4 as I think that represents excellent value - anything above evens looks pretty darn tasty to me. 5 pts on Norwich to win @ 5/4 PPower GL all!!

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Exactly what I said on Twitter Elk - anything over evens is a back. Pinns have been cutting their prices which is usually a sign of where the money will go on match day. They opened at 2.30, went 2.26 yesterday and today slashed their prices to 2.14. We all know their prices come from a few sharks so I like to take note.

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Injuries and suspensions Norwich City v Newcastle Utd Norwich City: Holt (18/4 f) (doubtful), Morison (19/1 f), Whittaker (9/1 d), Surman (4/0 m), Ruddy (13/0 g) Newcastle Utd: Shola Ameobi (14/1 f), R. Taylor (1/0 d), S. Taylor (11/0 d), Ben Arfa (13/3 m), Gosling (0/0 m), Simpson (16/0 d), Vuckic (0/0 m)

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Norwich are my team, the rest of my family support Newcastle, and we all agree this should be a straightforward win for Norwich, I was expecting nearer 1.9 to be honest, so the 2.25 available at Paddy Power is huge value. Our home form this season is fantastic, and even if we are without Holt (but I'm hopeful he'll start) we should still have more than enough for this very poor Newcastle side. If Cabaye and Ben Arfa were fully fit it might be a different story, but without them they have nothing to offer in midfield at all, and no Ba or Shola leaves very few options up front. I expect Wes Hoolahan to shine today, and for us to keep a clean sheet. Norwich win @ 2.25 Paddy Power Norwich 2-0 @ 11.00 Paddy Power

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January I think Under is here a good Pick. Booth in Premier League with poor Form. Debuchy on Newcastle Side with his Debut. Also i think Coloccini will be starting for Newcastle. I think Newcastle will play for One Point. So the Main Point for the Pardew Guys will be the Defense. And Norwich without Morison. Holt back, but both Holt and Morison where difficult for Newcastle. I think Coloccini can handle Hold today. And then i prefer only Cisse as Forward, so i think Newcastle will be shoot not more then one Goal. I expected that booth teams are not want to loose and so i think it can end: 0:0,1:1 or Norwich win but today not with more than 2 goals in this game. Under 2.5 @ 2.06 with 3 Points at Pinnacle

Draw looks to be most likely here with neither of the teams being in form. Newcastle miss Ba after his departure but can welcome back several other players. Norwich miss Surman' date=' Morison and Whittaker. Probably 0-0 or 1-1 here.[/quote'] Just read: "Newcastle haven't drawn for 12 games, and 7 games have been and gone since Norwich last drew" GL

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January Newcastle +0.5AH 1.78 at Bet Victor (3 / 10 units) I’m with Jase here in thinking that the price on Newcastle is a little too high. Sure they are in a bit of a bad run, but they’ve had some tough matches and a number of players out, but looking ahead both of these issues are starting to ease. With Collocini back for the time being, and Debuchy coming in at right back, they look quite strong again defensively and as we’ve seen over the last few games they still show a great attacking spirit and always look capable of getting goals whoever the opposition. With Cisse, Guttierez and Cabaye back in the squad this is only going to help matters going forward. Norwich are by no means a terrible team, but they are on a similarly bad run and have looked a bit sloppier defensively in recent matches, the West Ham game being an example of this as they were pretty poor and out the game within the first 25 minutes. Newcastle are strong enough in attack to take advantage of any possible Norwich mishaps and with the quality they have I would expect them get a goal or two and with Grant Holt still a doubt I’m not sure whether the home team have enough to outscore their opponents. :hope

Re: Norwich City v Newcastle United > Sat 12th January No way am I touching Newcastle here, Simpson, Perch, Tiote, Shola amaeobi all out, Ba gone, Ben arfa still injured, their away from home. Norwich have a few players out to but not as many important ones as Newcastle. 23/20 looks a decent price from where im sitting for a Canaries win.

Half win, half void :ok Good call on the unders too :clap

I think Under is here a good Pick. Booth in Premier League with poor Form. Debuchy on Newcastle Side with his Debut. Also i think Coloccini will be starting for Newcastle. I think Newcastle will play for One Point. So the Main Point for the Pardew Guys will be the Defense. And Norwich without Morison. Holt back, but both Holt and Morison where difficult for Newcastle. I think Coloccini can handle Hold today. And then i prefer only Cisse as Forward, so i think Newcastle will be shoot not more then one Goal. I expected that booth teams are not want to loose and so i think it can end: 0:0,1:1 or Norwich win but today not with more than 2 goals in this game. Under 2.5 @ 2.06 with 3 Points at Pinnacle
It end´s with 0:0 :D Bet win!

Draw: 5/2 with Stanjames In the Premier League, Norwich have last their last 4 which isn't great form, however, they haven't lost by more than one goal which suggests a level of resilience in them, having lost their home games to Chelsea and Man City. Norwich deserved favourites here. Newcastle have lost 3 of their last 4, however, their run of games was even tougher than Norwich's as they've faced Everton, Arsenal and Man United, only beating QPR. Newcastle have suffered from injuries a lot this season, I know, but I can't help but wonder if there's something else afoot there? I do think they are a better team than their position in the table suggests, however, we're 21 games in so they have had plenty of opportunities to try to get to where they deserve to be? Maybe some Toon fans can let us know if there have been any rumours, or is it supposedly a happy camp? Also, I know the 'this result is due' philosophy is flawed, however, I couldn't help but notice Newcastle haven't drawn for 12 games, and 7 games have been and gone since Norwich last drew. I'm happy to take the 5/2 for the draw.
:clap Needed that after losing that bet in the Chelsea match by a matter of seconds!