FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Aidymac

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Arsenal have put on a strong team as all the other big guns yesterday. Swansea miss Michu. I think there will be goals in this match as both teams play open football, and a cup match will not have a cagey opening. Arsenal have shown that they can score seven goals and then have scarcely a shot on target the next match, but this tends to happen mainly when tactics are involved and Arsene doesn't want to concede goals, and try to mix pragmatism with usual style of play. Swansea had many chances that they spurned against Villa but still managed to score 2. So over 2.5 goals @ 1.66 Small punt on over 3.5 @ 2.75 Ladbrokes.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Mansfield v Liverpool Having seen the side Rogers is putting out today I just can't see an upset here. I do like a couple in the goalscoring markets though and Shelvey to score anytime and to score 2 or more looks great value to me. I've been impressed with Shelvey when he's managed to get chances in the Liverpool team this season he's come in and given a great account of himself. He gets in good positions and I think Mansfield will struggle to contain him today and for me I can see him being the biggest threat here. He's already scored a few in the Europa league and if Liverpool can get an early goal this could turn in to a walk in the park and a few goals could be on the cards. Liverpool: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Lucas, Allen, Shelvey, Suso, Downing, Sturridge Shelvey anytime scorer @ 11/8 Skybet Shelvey 2 or more @ 8/1 Skybet

Swansea V Arsenal Draw @ 3.75 - bet365 Correct Score 1-1 @ 8.5 - Bet Victor. Just for some interest, but Arsenal despite their inconsistencies are still a fairly solid away performer, having lost only three of their last fifteen. Swansea are pretty similar, having lost the same amount at home. I think the value probably lies with the draw, which bet365 have priced slightly higher than the Swansea win.
Crazy last ten minutes :loon I feel for Blackcrow, well done all winners :clap

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Got some money on a lay of Sturridge to score at 1.68.. It's simply far too low - hasn't played in ages, and will definitely not play the entire game imo. He does have a good record in the cup, but I can only imagine he'll be rusty.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Again I have only just missed out on getting paid out. Mansfield were superb in the 2nd half and deserved a draw at least for me especially given Liverpools 2nd should not have stood.
Agreed. How the linesman could not see that hand ball was beggars belief. Even the way Suarez hit the ball in the net, he was expecting the whilstle to blow for a free out. Utter disgrace, and id a shame because days like this come once in a blue moon for teams like Mansfield Town.

Agreed. How the linesman could not see that hand ball was beggars belief. Even the way Suarez hit the ball in the net' date=' he was expecting the whilstle to blow for a free out. Utter disgrace, and id a shame because days like this come once in a blue moon for teams like Mansfield Town.[/quote'] Exactly and its made worse that Mansfield could have had at least one penalty as well and the fact they played so well. I thought the way he celebreated made it worse but apparently he always does the kissing hand thing so if thats right I will let him off that.

Exactly and its made worse that Mansfield could have had at least one penalty as well and the fact they played so well. I thought the way he celebreated made it worse but apparently he always does the kissing hand thing so if thats right I will let him off that.
His childrens names are in tatoo form on his wrist, he always kisses his wrist when scoring in celebration. Ref and lines persons did not have a good game. Maybe its time to employ two extra officials behind the goal.

His childrens names are in tatoo form on his wrist, he always kisses his wrist when scoring in celebration. Ref and lines persons did not have a good game. Maybe its time to employ two extra officials behind the goal.
Cheers, I don't watch Premier League football so have no idea he did that. Surprised the commentators didn't know that though. Agree the ref and linos werent great.

Swansea v Arsenal under 2.5 @ 2.15 :( 0-0 at half time and then 1-0 with 10 minutes to go .... not to be. Crazy last 10 minutes Mansfield v Liverpool under 2.5 @ 2.81 :( Refs missing an easy handball for Liverpool's second goal which allowed them to relax and invite Mansfield further forward
63-130 (-37.44)

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Monday preview: 4pts Cheltenham (+1.5AH) to beat Everton 1.88 Bet365 I think Everton might win this but if they rest a few key players then Cheltenham are definitely good enough to make a game out of this. They have goals in them and Everton don’t have the best record of keeping clean sheets so if Cheltenham notch a goal here the Toffees will need at least 3 to cover a realistic Asian handicap which might be a bit steep when winning and getting out still in the cup would be a priority. I’ll take Cheltenham to stay within a goal here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-vs-everton-betting-cheltenham-can-keep-third-round-tie-respectable-at-whaddon-road

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Cheltenham town, Play is all about the long ball, Long throws. They play percentage football, if you look at how they played against Hereford United in the previous round, they just about scraped through, needing a replay and extra time. There is no doubt that they may make it un comfortable for Everton, and both teams to score is most definately on the cards. However pressuming David Moyes will play a weakened side, is just that, a presumption. Two years ago they were drawn away at Scunthorpe Utd in the 3rd round and won 5-1 on the T.V. He went there that day with a very very strong side. At the moment until you know what Everton side is turning up, It is impossible to may a conclusive opinion.

Everton team likely to be Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Oviedo, Osman, Fellaini, Naismith, Anichebe, Jelavic. Or something very similar. Think Moyes has learnt from the League Cup embarrassment.
I read baines and Coleman wouldn't play? Ross Barkley, and Thomas Hitzlesberger should come in, as well as Bryan Oviedo :unsure. Wouldn't Tim Howard earn a rest? I wouldn't be surprised to see Jelavic rested either, or at least on the bench. I know Everton were undone against Leeds, but they're a Championship club, where as Cheltenham are League Two. I can't see an upset here regardless of what squad they put out tbh, and if their is an upset team news will have little to do with it IMO.

Just wanted to throw it up for anyone perhaps waiting on some team news before betting. It'll definitely be a strong team, anyway. The lad is usually bang on the mark. One positive for us is that I've heard the pitch at Cheltenham is in pretty good nick.
It will be as I put elsewhere on the thread, my team Gloucester groundshare at Cheltenham and the pitch is alsways in superb nick.

Swansea over 5.5 corners @ 2.10 Bet365 Swansea have covered this line in 3 out of their last 6 home games 3,3,6,5,7,8. Arsenal have conceded more than 6 in 3 of their last 6 away games 3,4,3,6,7,6 Swansea have only failed to cover this line in 4 out of their 13 home league games this season. Covering the line 9 out of 13. In the recent away game Arsenal, Swansea managed 5 corners so I dont think its too much of a stretch to expect them to get just one more at home today. We have a Swansea team who know they can beat Arsenal playing at home in front of a rocking stadium. I expect them to take the game to the away side and I think we are getting good odds on a least 6 corners for a home side who usually rack them up
I got nowhere near with that one yesterday. I think it was only 2 corners to Swansea in the end. Anyway I will try my luck in the corner market again and hope for a better outcome today. Everton -2 Corners @ 2.20 Bet365 Everton have covered this handicap in 3 of their last 6 away games against premier league opposition. 4-8 Stoke, 7-13 Reading, 5-9 Fulham. They have only failed to have the most corners in 1 of their last 6 away games and that was at Man City Tbf Cheltenham do have a lot corners at home themselves and have gone into doubles figures twice in their last 6 home games. However against league 2 opposition they still have an ave margin of -1 with 5.8 corners for and 6.8 against. I know Everton will make changes tonight but I still expect them to do the majority of the attacking and I think we are getting decent odds they can cover a fairly small handicap on corners.

I got nowhere near with that one yesterday. I think it was only 2 corners to Swansea in the end. Anyway I will try my luck in the corner market again and hope for a better outcome today. Everton -2 Corners @ 2.20 Bet365 Everton have covered this handicap in 3 of their last 6 away games against premier league opposition. 4-8 Stoke, 7-13 Reading, 5-9 Fulham. They have only failed to have the most corners in 1 of their last 6 away games and that was at Man City Tbf Cheltenham do have a lot corners at home themselves and have gone into doubles figures twice in their last 6 home games. However against league 2 opposition they still have an ave margin of -1 with 5.8 corners for and 6.8 against. I know Everton will make changes tonight but I still expect them to do the majority of the attacking and I think we are getting decent odds they can cover a fairly small handicap on corners.
This is a tricky one to forecast. If Everton are leading for most of the game, then there is a good chance Cheltenham could get most of the corners as they 'chase the game', unless Everton play Barcelona-style possession football (but are they good enough to do that?). Mansfield had more corners than Liverpool yesterday, and there is a good chance the same could happen tonight. As you say, Cheltenham get quite a lot of corners themselves. If Cheltenham take the lead though, Everton will probably get a lot of corners :)

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan i think everton should get a comfortable win tonight against cheltenham, saying that i thought man united would win against west ham and wolves would beat luton, i think everton have a strong heritage in the fa cup and david moyes would have learnt from previous league cup mistakes, i expect a strong side tonight and if jelavic is playing i can see him scoring, maybe even off the bench

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan This season Everton have only played one way, that's going forward, with a somewhat leaky defence at times. whatever side he puts out that wont change. So you have to fancy that there will be goals in this game. I cant see Cheltenham trying to put 10 men behind the ball at all times either, after all they have the home advantage. So here is my penny's worth. 2 points over 3.5 goals 2.44 1 point over 4.5 goals 4.3

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Im purely looking at goalscorers and im struggling to see Everton starting Jela to be honest. Maybe starts for Miralles and Anichebe tonight with the latter bang on form. I like the 6/1 on Anc to score first with Betfred and with their double-delight/hat-trick heaven I couldnt help myself.

For what it's worth I think the price here on Everton to win is abysmal. I think it's taken a huge drop because of the way they've been playing this season, but as this is the cup I'd be weary of taking a very odds on away side against what will be a very highly motivated league side. I'd much rather be on over 2.5 goals @ 1.57 - BlueSQ.