Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Chelsea (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.54[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December If i was a neutral here I would be all over Chelsea for this. I can't see Gibson's ban being overturned and although he isn't the Irish Zidane, he is a good midfielder and keeps us ticking over nicely. He has been excellent since joining and while I'm not sure about RIO's reasoning for the Wigan game, he will be a big miss. Anyway, he joins a list of regular starters who will miss out here through injury or suspension so Moyes won't be left with many options in the centre for Chelsea The midfield at the moment is pretty weak and it showed against Wigan as at times they were able to go right through us. This is a big worry against Chelsea and I think we'll struggle in that area big time. I thought with Fellaini being out Jelavic will start firing and while I was slightly correct in that he is finding more space and getting more opportunities, he looks way off the pace and I think in dire need of a rest. I'm not really sure were a goal is going to come from for Everton in this. Not really any need to go into any detail about our defence really. We don't keep clean sheets. I hope I'm wrong but I think the best we can hope for is a point here, but an in form Chelsea side should really take all 3.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December

If i was a neutral here I would be all over Chelsea for this. I can't see Gibson's ban being overturned and although he isn't the Irish Zidane, he is a good midfielder and keeps us ticking over nicely. He has been excellent since joining and while I'm not sure about RIO's reasoning for the Wigan game, he will be a big miss. Anyway, he joins a list of regular starters who will miss out here through injury or suspension so Moyes won't be left with many options in the centre for Chelsea The midfield at the moment is pretty weak and it showed against Wigan as at times they were able to go right through us. This is a big worry against Chelsea and I think we'll struggle in that area big time. I thought with Fellaini being out Jelavic will start firing and while I was slightly correct in that he is finding more space and getting more opportunities, he looks way off the pace and I think in dire need of a rest. I'm not really sure were a goal is going to come from for Everton in this. Not really any need to go into any detail about our defence really. We don't keep clean sheets. I hope I'm wrong but I think the best we can hope for is a point here, but an in form Chelsea side should really take all 3.
I did say, that their worry was WIGAN n Chelsea, and if they get 4 points that will be seen as a great victory, Once the FA cup game passes, he will have a 100% squad to chose from, Plus which rabbit will moyes pluck out the hat in January....I hope its two for their sake, 1 being a goalkeeper, which is paramount IMO. I will look at the game later M8,,GL

I think Chelsea are slightly too short here. I subjectively (and in trying to actually predict a future outcome :loon) believe that Everton will hit a bad patch when their intense style of play catches up with them, as well as injuries / suspensions. But Everton have been playing some great stuff this season, and I wouldn't personally back Chelsea away to Everton below three. The two sides are arguably equals, maybe Chelsea should be around 2.98 or something. Everton will be tough to beat, and I don't think Chelsea have turned a corner yet. Talk of them winning the league under Rafa is premature. And yes, I wouldn't use Gibson's absence as reason for opposing them here... Although the ban could still be overturned.

Yep I know, Pre-cautionary they say, i have a feeling it was more to do with his booking in the first half.. He'll play
He probably will but their injuries are mounting up now. Who was it that was playing through injections? Wasn't it Miralles? That's the thing, Moyes may get the players on the pitch but its how much he's going to get from them long term. How long they'll last in a game and whether getting them to play through the pain will work for them longer term.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December Everton gets results over results. They are.certainly a great team. They will again miss Fellaini and while he was already missing in the last game he will be missed here even more. Fellaini was great in all their games vs. stronger opposition. He is the guy who is the angle that pushes things They will miss him dearly in this game much more as vs. the poor midtable opposition. Vs. most premier league sides it is enough to play guys like hitzelsberger but this lack in depth will be punished one time. evertons strikers are not delivering enough. it seems everton scores with sheer will. chelsea is now on a clear uptrend. benitez seems to worked out a balance for their team. the inclusion of luiz in midfield is a genius move. chelsea looked too often to weak in midfield. luiz on the other hand to careless in defence. chelsea has a good amount of guys to rotate. they are simply on a roll and could have acoeed much more vs. norwich. you can sense how they like to play again. everton has had tremendous energy invested into their game but I can see this chelsea team simply running past them. evertons ambition to win this might cost.them. Everton conceeds too much. they are not rock solid and there is no sign for this trend to stop while chelsea seems to have an uptrend. I think chelsea will start a series of wins and I happily will ride this bandwaggon. chelsea to win chelsea hc-1

He probably will but their injuries are mounting up now. Who was it that was playing through injections? Wasn't it Miralles? That's the thing' date=' Moyes may get the players on the pitch but its how much he's going to get from them long term. How long they'll last in a game and whether getting them to play through the pain will work for them longer term.[/quote'] Yep m8, Playing thru cortezone has and will keep going on, not just footy, most sports, keeping it masked until they can fit in the operation, So many players would be out of the game for long periods if they did not apply injections...

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December *Everton WIN @ 3.05 Betfair* Not sure why everyone seem to fancy Chelsea. They have lost on their last 3 visits to Goodison, the Villa result was a freak result, and the win at Norwich was a good win, but also was expected, this is going to be a huge test for Chelsea. Anichebe is in cracking form, and he will be able to fill the gap of Fellaini being out. I don't see how Everton have a long list of players out, Fellaini, Coleman, Hibbert and Mirallas are out, in fact he has a relatively strong squad of players to choose from. Everton are unbeaten at home this season also, 5 wins and 4 draws. A win for Everton will move them above chelsea into 3rd, and it is one of the most intimidating stadiums in Europe to travel to, as Everton have great supporters. Benitez is doing well at the moment for Chelsea, but I am not sure so much squad-rotating is going to work out in his favour in the long run, and the fact he was Liverpool manager, he is in for a horrid time from the everton fans.

*Everton WIN @ 3.05 Betfair* Not sure why everyone seem to fancy Chelsea. They have lost on their last 3 visits to Goodison, the Villa result was a freak result, and the win at Norwich was a good win, but also was expected, this is going to be a huge test for Chelsea. Anichebe is in cracking form, and he will be able to fill the gap of Fellaini being out. I don't see how Everton have a long list of players out, Fellaini, Coleman, Hibbert and Mirallas are out, in fact he has a relatively strong squad of players to choose from. Everton are unbeaten at home this season also, 5 wins and 4 draws. A win for Everton will move them above chelsea into 3rd, and it is one of the most intimidating stadiums in Europe to travel to, as Everton have great supporters. Benitez is doing well at the moment for Chelsea, but I am not sure so much squad-rotating is going to work out in his favour in the long run, and the fact he was Liverpool manager, he is in for a horrid time from the everton fans.
How right you are, Tores and Benetiz will get torrents of abuse, like no other ground they have been to or will ever visit, In fact last season there,,, Tores lost his rag completely with the abuse he got with all the "lady boy songs"...which completely put him off his game, Job done by efc supporters, and they will target him again, As for Benitez, wait for the "spanish waiter songs". All tickets are sold, a full house, this place will be rocking. 6/4 is not a good price chelsea imo gl

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December Everton are too strong at home especially against top teams and history will prove itself again, they will be well pumped up and well prepared for this game. Everton are on a long unbeaten run and there are no signs which they are about to lose. On the other hand Chelsea are on a 3 game winning streak including a good win against Norwich last game, however Everton are a different kettle of fish. Chelsea will face a tough time at Goodison Park packed with a full house and I think the best they can muster up is a draw, which would be seen as a good result for the Spanish Waiter. I am just gonna wait for the price for Everton to rise as I expect people will jump onto the Chelseae bandwagon last minute.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December Everton conceed in the last 14 games. Their defense isnt watertight at all. They will be punished for that one time. This Chelsea offense and their various threats is the biggest test this season. Chelsea is a much different team to the team that faced everton the last years. I wouldnt bet on Torres beeing too down on chants. Pro players tend to grow on this kind of stuff. And how any waiter chants will influence this game is beyond any reasoning. Much more influences has this fact: Rafa Benitez has won five and drawn one of his last six Premier League meetings with Everton. He surely knows how to beat Everton. Benitez clearly had as first goal to tighten up chelsea and find after that a balance to the offense. He clearly achieved that. In almost all of the games vs. big name opposition the last two years Fellaini was instrumental. He is a big miss for Everton. Anichebe in no way has the influence on the game from the midfield where Fellaini often drops into. He has not the drive to influence the whole pitch. Darron gibson has fitness Problems. Everton looks very short on options from the bench. If Gibson isnt 100% fit and Hitzelsberger might need to play then Everton will have big problems containing Chelseas offense. Baines and Piennar is the big threat for chelsea and almost all attacks from Everton are going down that wing. Im not yet sure how Azipluceta will cope with that and if the chelsea right side can push back baines. Im guessing that Benitez will play Victor moses who is more of a wide player then oscar, thus giving more threat to Baines. That would also play into his habit of rotating at some positions. Will Everton loose once this season at home? With their defence not watertight I think so.. A inform Chelsea team will try to do that.

Everton conceed in the last 14 games. Their defense isnt watertight at all. They will be punished for that one time. This Chelsea offense and their various threats is the biggest test this season. Chelsea is a much different team to the team that faced everton the last years. I wouldnt bet on Torres beeing too down on chants. Pro players tend to grow on this kind of stuff. And how any waiter chants will influence this game is beyond any reasoning. Much more influences has this fact: Rafa Benitez has won five and drawn one of his last six Premier League meetings with Everton. He surely knows how to beat Everton. Benitez clearly had as first goal to tighten up chelsea and find after that a balance to the offense. He clearly achieved that. In almost all of the games vs. big name opposition the last two years Fellaini was instrumental. He is a big miss for Everton. Anichebe in no way has the influence on the game from the midfield where Fellaini often drops into. He has not the drive to influence the whole pitch. Darron gibson has fitness Problems. Everton looks very short on options from the bench. If Gibson isnt 100% fit and Hitzelsberger might need to play then Everton will have big problems containing Chelseas offense. Baines and Piennar is the big threat for chelsea and almost all attacks from Everton are going down that wing. Im not yet sure how Azipluceta will cope with that and if the chelsea right side can push back baines. Im guessing that Benitez will play Victor moses who is more of a wide player then oscar, thus giving more threat to Baines. That would also play into his habit of rotating at some positions. Will Everton loose once this season at home? With their defence not watertight I think so.. A inform Chelsea team will try to do that.
With respect, unless you have been in that old wooden stadium, when the players are on top of the crowd, with the crechendo of noise, No one can keep their cool in that environment, Tores will spit his dummy out in a empty ground if things dont go right...And last season he completely lost it, so I dont expect anything different..so IMO if he plays they are down a man, Just my opinion that if that crowd have it in for you, You will lose the plot at some stage. It does worry me that anyone can say that players especially away players at certain grounds are not influenced, so the game cant be influenced...Strange very strange...How in the hell do you think Celtic have reached the last 16, with such a mediocre side?..Barcelona with all their talent, bottled it.

With respect, unless you have been in that old wooden stadium, when the players are on top of the crowd, with the crechendo of noise, No one can keep their cool in that environment, Tores will spit his dummy out in a empty ground if things dont go right...And last season he completely lost it, so I dont expect anything different..so IMO if he plays they are down a man, Just my opinion that if that crowd have it in for you, You will lose the plot at some stage. It does worry me that anyone can say that players especially away players at certain grounds are not influenced, so the game cant be influenced...Strange very strange...How in the hell do you think Celtic have reached the last 16, with such a mediocre side?..Barcelona with all their talent, bottled it.
Yeah its possible. If that is the deciding factor and Torres is to be expected feeling ashamed and angry then Chelsea will not get anything from this match.. Will call Torres later in the evening on how he feels beeing a sissy lol 27/09/08 Torres scored two goals @Everton. Wonder if he got hate there too? Any Everton supporters remember that? probably not cause he was just into the league so there couldnt build up for hate already.. but looked like a lady boy then too ^^

Yeah its possible. If that is the deciding factor and Torres is to be expected feeling ashamed and angry then Chelsea will not get anything from this match.. Will call Torres later in the evening on how he feels beeing a sissy lol 27/09/08 Torres scored two goals @Everton. Wonder if he got hate there too? Any Everton supporters remember that? probably not cause he was just into the league so there couldnt build up for hate already.. but looked like a lady boy then too ^^
Why doesnt SAF like rooney playing at goodison, is it because he supported them as a boy, or is it because he gets the height of abuse? And to which he knows he wont get the 100% rooney turning up. Will he play RVP at Arsenal on the 27th April...I doubt it. Players who are getting 90 mins constant abuse, they need to be deaf or the skin of a elephant not to react, and concentrate on the game, The closest I have ever seen is Steve Gerard when he went to Man utd, and EFC....But there aint that many around.. And Fernando Tores is most certainly not one of them.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December Under 2.5 @ 1.95 I am trying here another bet which goes seemingly against statistical indicators. The big majority of the games of both teams go over 2.5, but I think this one is going to be more special. Chelsea have created some misleading (in my opinion) impression of being very over-ish side under Benitez. However, the goal fests against teams like Aston Villa, Nordseeland and Leeds should not have much relevance in the context of Everton away game. Most of us are quite familiar for years with Benitez' philosophy and psychology, and I just cannot see past a very tight and strategic approach from him away to one of the best and most dangerous teams in PL. In this context, I think that this match will bear much more resemblance to those with Man City, Fulham, Corinthians and Norwich, when Benitez' team was very very cautious and tight. Everton does not bow to any authority this season and show very aggressive football, but I believe that against Chelsea and with some important missings, they will also try to be more strategic and will not jump furiously into all-attacking football. From a psychological standpoint, a draw here is a good result for both teams. This has two implications: first, it suggest a slow and very careful start of the game for Everton and Chelsea, and second, it means that if the score is equal by the 60-65th minute, it is not very likely to see a lot of offensive football and opening up from either side. Of course, a quick and unexpected goal in the beginning might turn this into a goal fiesta, but in the end betting is still a gamble and not a precise science. I still feel that there are very beneficial circumstances for a low-scoring game and the price of 1.95 is generous enough.

Why doesnt SAF like rooney playing at goodison, is it because he supported them as a boy, or is it because he gets the height of abuse? And to which he knows he wont get the 100% rooney turning up. Will he play RVP at Arsenal on the 27th April...I doubt it. Players who are getting 90 mins constant abuse, they need to be deaf or the skin of a elephant not to react, and concentrate on the game, The closest I have ever seen is Steve Gerard when he went to Man utd, and EFC....But there aint that many around.. And Fernando Tores is most certainly not one of them.
too much emotion from you dont you think? how.do you.think the game will play out?;-)

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December With our strongest first XI to pick from I'd be disappointed with a draw against Chelsea but with the players we have out they will just have too much for us. It's not 100% but the team is meant to be Howard, Jags, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Naismith, Osman, Hitz, Pienaar, Anichebe, Jelavic. That team will not get a win against Chelsea. Howard is a liability. Jagielka isn't a right-back. Heitinga has been awful all season and his agent came out yesterday saying he is looking for a move. Naismith isn't good enough on the right, meaning our attacking down the right side will be non-existent. Hitzelsperger has seen better days, he is too slow and struggles to see out games. Anichebe isn't on fire at all and Jelavic looks in dire need of a rest. It's a very slow team. Chelsea will find it easy to go through that midfield, usually our strongest area. I just can't see where the goals are going to come from and we won't be able to keep a clean sheet against them. That is if that is the team of course, the lad is usually right though he did get it wrong last week. I hope I'm wrong of course but if I was a neutral I'd be on Chelsea to win, possibly to nil, and Steven Pienaar to be booked @ 5/2 with SkyBet.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December Anichebe played his first game since October on the 22nd of December and he scored, and against Wigan he played for over an hour and had an assist. He was excellent against West Ham. Ye are at home to Chelsea, not away, ye are unbeaten in the league at home, have beat United, and the fans count for something. Your talking as if ye are already beat.

With our strongest first XI to pick from I'd be disappointed with a draw against Chelsea but with the players we have out they will just have too much for us. It's not 100% but the team is meant to be Howard, Jags, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Naismith, Osman, Hitz, Pienaar, Anichebe, Jelavic. That team will not get a win against Chelsea. Howard is a liability. Jagielka isn't a right-back. Heitinga has been awful all season and his agent came out yesterday saying he is looking for a move. Naismith isn't good enough on the right, meaning our attacking down the right side will be non-existent. Hitzelsperger has seen better days, he is too slow and struggles to see out games. Anichebe isn't on fire at all and Jelavic looks in dire need of a rest. It's a very slow team. Chelsea will find it easy to go through that midfield, usually our strongest area. I just can't see where the goals are going to come from and we won't be able to keep a clean sheet against them. That is if that is the team of course, the lad is usually right though he did get it wrong last week.
haha sounds a bit like betting agaisnt own team just to have a laugh anyway ;) seriously.. The Question is what their directive will be.. If they run at chelsea, while Gibson is maybe out, then playing hitzelsberger, they might be caught out one some occasions as Chelsea is expected to be fast through the middle. I say it again..this is their biggest test this season. Coleman as of Rio will play(source?) A big factor is Fellaini. Yeah they won two without Fellaini but not without problems. Fellaini is very important for them in the big games. Just look at the games the past 2 years with Fellaini involved when facing good opposition. He was crucial! Look at the Man city game or arsenal game. He absolutely bossed the pitch. His presence will be missed. Still I think this will be decided over the left everton side. If baines and Pienaar create then Chelsea will be in trouble. If they contain them, keeping them busy, and manage to push forward on this side with Oscar or Moses then Everton might be stiffled. Any takers on that? If Gibson and Coleman are not 100% fit then this will be one of the weakest Everton teams in the last years while Chelsea is in a very good form. Hitzelsberger is way past his prime and couldnt get a job in Bundesliga at all. They are defensivly much better organized and have enough players to trouble Everton who conceeds in almost every match.. Seriously guys you cant just bet on the crowd atmosphere. I know it has its power but still you need players to deliver. Everton will lose some time at home! Against whom? chelseas defense look rather strong and Benitez managed to stabilize them. I can see Cahill and Ivanovic stopping them. I think anichebe isnt expected to deliver every game he plays and Jelavic seems a bit unlucky and not satisfied with himself..struggling..

The best players love it and play better.

The best players love it and play better.
Well I checked again. Torres was in really bad condition at that time. He picked up some momentum last weeks. in 11/12 at chelsea he had 6 goals overall in 32 prem league matches. Before going to Everton he didnt score in 5 months! He was awfull in nearly every match in 10/11 season he had only 1 goal in 14 matches. same afwull performances. So torres has this season more goals then in the past 1,5 seasons for chelsea.. He gets these chants in many stadiums(tough maybe not as hard and repeating as @ goodison) He was just playing badly. In his second game @goodison when he was much younger he scored two goals for pool. So I think when he plays good and is in form he wont be affected much by these chants he has to hear from time to time again. Sure if he plays bad and hears the chants he might get more angry.. I just cant believe it the way some guys painted it above like chelsea playing with 10 men. I think you are all a bit biased which is reflected in the words you use regarding this game... there is not much substantial talk about how the game will be played out like the matchups on the pitch.. Im thinking of it much cause Im thinking that otherwise chelsea has gameplay wise an edge over everton with all the missings.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sun 31st December Yeah I think reading Everton forums it doesnt look like they will rape him.. There is some rumor with everton fans that Neville is out but his twitter said going early to bed lol. Tough it seems Gibson will be out. If Hitzelsberger plays then Everton will have big problems containing fluent Chelsea attack. The squad and espacially the bench doesnt look good. Also a older guy like Distin having to play that often lately.. Heitinga doesnt seem an option cause of his statements Moyes might opt with a five men midfield and a point would be a good point. Everton had already problems last two games when opponents were running at them. David Luiz looks very strong for chelsea in midfield. For me this is the strongest Chelsea in years. Some of you might not have checked it yet but they will go on a run in the league. Matas form alone is frightening for any opponent. The possibilities for Benitez to tacticly change the squad are excellent. He only misses a 2nd good striker. This guy Benitez isnt a waiter. He is one of the best tacticans in this game. I dont see any reason for chelsea to not be excited to play again these days. I think Everton had some luck lately and is a bit in downward form. It might get better with Fellaini and Gibson returning but at this point Chelsea is rightly favourites. I also think that Benitez will have a plan to stop the strong left Everton side cause this is half the task of stopping Everton(admitedly also the hardest). Chelsea might have also the height advantage in midfield with everton looking small. I will take chelsea to win @2,5 7/10 Maybe the narrow win @4,1 .. Chelsea not to loose looks also good at @1,4 but definetivly waiting for the squads ! Watching it live can give some clues on how this will play out. Still pondering the under 2,5 goals as I think Moyes will try to get a draw while Benitez will rather tacticly and disciplined look at this game. There is not much hints on this beeing a high scoring game. espacialy with chelsea tightening up.