** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February

Aidymac

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February If you are the first, I'll be the second. I think that value is on Manchester United. They are playing very well this year. Van Persie has brought freshness in the team and they look very good at the moment. Although, I consider MU to concede at least a goal today. Big teams, big game but I do not predict a nice match because both technicians are based on skilful tactics. The main goal for Real Madrid is to keep a clean sheet and Mourinho is very good at this.

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February Im like everyone else and think that Real are a little too short,But i thought that yesterday with Juve and they won easily.If you look at the midfield of both sides there is only one winner but with RVP and an inform Rooney,Utd are capable of goals,so im looking elsewhere for a bet,i think BTTS is a decent bet at 1.66 and also real to score above 1.5 at 1.5.But the bet im going for tonight is Utd to have 3 or more bookings at 2.05.I think Real will have the majority of possession and Utd could make niggly fouls that get punished and with Ronaldo on the pitch i think Utd might struggle to keep the bookings down.The referee Felix Brych has refereed 4 Champions league games this season and given 22 yellows and 2 reds so he is not shy dishing out cards and he might get swayed by the crowd.

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February I have to be honest I'm not sure way to lean in this one. I watch Real Madrid plenty and they are a different side home and away, defensively they are not as good this year, missing Pepe and looking vulnerable from crosses into the box, BTS seems so obvious it probably won't come in! Think D.Lopez has steadied the ship a bit, doesn't look likely to make howlers and a solid reliable gk is probably what Mourinho needs at the minute. The lack of goals from Higuain and Benzema have hurt Real this season, they create so much that you would think a top striker in the summer is blindingly obvious (Falcao or whomever), Di Maria has struggled, Modric has shone in glimpses but not as much as we hoped. Obviously they are not playing as well as last year, defensively or offensively. United seem to continue to pick up points without ever playing that well, been average in the CL so far but it didn't really matter until now. Unless Madrid have someone sent off or United get a few lucky decisions I struggle to see them winning, there is no comparison between the two midfields I rate Madrid's far higher although others may disagree, Alonso is still a class act and Khedira has been consistent would be good to see Callejon start as he has looked good in spells this season. Don't know if it would be a good idea to put Jones on Ronaldo or not, it might neutralise him or it might just leave for space for others to exploit. United's defence is so bad it might well be suicide to play too defensively, the Madrid backline is vulnerable although Varvane (sp?) looks an exciting prospect and was probably motm against Barca the other week..I'm going to wait to see the two line-ups, Uniteds particularly, but currently I am leaning towards 2-3 total goals (bet365 2.1)..depending what happens tonight I will definitely be playing over 2.5 in the return, odds starting to look a bit too skinny for this one though.

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February

0 - 0 after 75 minutes, Utd to score in the 75th minute and FS 3 - 2 to Madrid You heard it here first
0-0 after 75 mins,,,that is optimism of the highest order. If I wanted a guranteed income tonight of around 5%, I would be laying the 0-0 scoreline, I doubt it very much that my balance will not be updated by 8:30pm.

0-0 after 75 mins,,,that is optimism of the highest order.
I could say anything offering above evens is "optimistic" as its unlikely to occur. Taking independent odds of it staying 0 - 0 after 75 minutes will be around ~12/1, Utd to score in exactly the 75th minute will probably be around 60/1 (using odds of 1.500 of Utd to score with Pinnacle), then squeezing a precise 3 - 2 scoreline in the 15 minutes that remains will probably be closer to 600/1. Combined thats close to 500,000/1 Though the odds may still not be completely independent broken into elements, I won't bite off an bookie's arm even if they were offering 250,000/1... ...But because I've got a nice feel for it, I'll probably throw something on it.

I could say anything offering above evens is "optimistic" as its unlikely to occur. Taking independent odds of it staying 0 - 0 after 75 minutes will be around ~12/1, Utd to score in exactly the 75th minute will probably be around 60/1 (using odds of 1.500 of Utd to score with Pinnacle), then squeezing a precise 3 - 2 scoreline in the 15 minutes that remains will probably be closer to 600/1. Combined thats close to 500,000/1 Though the odds may still not be completely independent broken into elements, I won't bite off an bookie's arm even if they were offering 250,000/1... ...But because I've got a nice feel for it, I'll probably throw something on it.
Fergie said a 0-0 won't happen. I trust his judgement on this. I've gone over 4.5 at 3/10 with Ladbrokes, based on Madrid's home form in Europe.

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February The value here is clearly with United in my view. Definitely the short home price is not realistic. Main argument in favor of Real Madrid is that their midfield is superior to United's. I agree that technically they are better, however, as a person who have watched probably 80-90% of Real Madrid's games this season (as well as many of United's), I claim that United's midfield have strong advantage in terms of physicality in the middle of the pitch. The likes of Ozil, Khedira, Modric and even at moments Xabi are playing really soft this season. They lose tremendous amount of physical challenges and this is in my view the main reason behind the crisis in Real Madrid. Whenever they play against intense pressure and physical side, Real struggle a lot. This weakness also exposes the problems in defense as it leaves the back line vulnerable for counter-attacks. Something similar happened when Real met Borussia. Jurgen Klopp's side was pressing very heavily Real Madrid, and as far as they got the ball, they quickly, without wasting time in possession, move it towards the wing. They were trying to finish their attacks in not more than 3-4 passes. I expect Man United to copy the game-plan and attitude of Borussia. They will surely let Real Madrid have the ball and will pack up the zone in front of their penalty area. But I expect that as far as Madrid players cross the middle of the pitch, the Devils will press them very heavily and they won't spare some tough challenges. As far as they get the ball, United will try to move it as quickly as possible to the wings. In this manner, Man United's midfield technical inferiority will not be very important factor, as they won't try to play possession football and will carry out their attacks as quick as possible. If players like Ozil and Khedira are once again too soft when they need to show more determination and physical strength, then Real will have tremendous problems. At this price, United's double chance is the only way to go. United or Draw @ 2.40

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February I expect a great clash betwen the two footbal giants! Real Madrid's form at home is currently excellent, they have not lost a single match since 25 matches (and more) with 4 draws and 21 wins. In the Red Devil's form as visitors, they have actually scored a few defeats, however never handicaped with more than a goal. Thus, as a safety measure the +1AH is enough. Both teams are HIGH scorers this season, with Real's form being slightly better. Manchester United's defense in the beginning was very shaky but they also managed to outscore their opponents in huge Over matches. Iker Casillas is out and I believe this will be a huge factor for United that has amazing strikers this season. Van Persi is unstopable and I am confident that he will find Real's net. Ferguson is also experienced enough to know that this game is critical for the survival for the second leg. He cannot afford to lose it. To be fairly honest, I do not know if there will be that many goals as most of people think, I do not like the Goals margin, however I think that Manchester United's odds with handicap are too good to be missed and at most I expecta refund if something goes wrong Pick: 2 +1AH

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.58 Betfair (3 Points) This is just a crazy price on the unders. Theres a chance that this is going to be a goals galore thriller that everyone wants but there is also a chance that it's going to be a strategic chess like game. Real will be desperate not to let Utd score an away goal so I think they will take a fairly cautious approach. Ferguson will be desperate to take at least a point back to Old Trafford and I can see him really focusing on stopping Ronaldo in this game with the view of going for the win in the 2nd leg. I can see why overs is favourite but just not to this extent. I can see it being a cagey start and if we get to 20 minutes or so without a goal I will consider laying it in play and taking the profit on the table. If there's a goal before that time then I shall just let the bet run.

GL whatever you do, Myself im not having a bet on it, Im just looking forward to what hopefully is a great game of football...Lets hope they dont disappoint.;)

Re: Last 16 > Real Madrid v Manchester United > Wed 13th February Ferguson is going for it, fair play... Diego López, Varane, Ramos, Coentrão, Arbeloa, Khedira, Özil, Alonso, Di María, Ronaldo, Benzema De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie No way in the world will this finish 0-0!

bts should be a banker here. two great offebcive teams.two unstable defences.no more to add BTS 9/10 over 2,5 5/10 over 3,5 2/10 Diego Lopez - Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao - Khedira, Xabi Alonso - di Maria, Özil, Cristiano Ronaldo - Benzema de Gea - Rafael da Silva, R. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - P. Jones, Kagawa, Carrick - Valencia, Rooney - van Persie whit these players on field no problems about goals my only big fear is:will decide Sir Alex and The Special One to have a carefull approach? i remeber Sir Alex played 4-5-1 against Barca few years ago in a 180' min!(Ft 0-0) Mourinho is a fox.he know Real can score at old Trafford,so a clean **** at Bernabeu should be very very important for merengues!
FT 1-1 Easy pick

Real Madrid v Manchester United Total Man Utd Cards - 2-3 @ 2.05 5pts (William Hill) Total Man Utd Cards - Over 3 @ 4.20 5pts (William Hill) My old favourite bet. This is sure to be a fiery encounter. Real Madrid will really be at the top of their game and are sure to score against a questionable United defence. Man Utd will be happy with a draw and at worst a very narrow defeat. Should Real Madrid get a first half goal, I can easily see the tackles flying in from an impatient United. The likes of Scholes, Vidic, Evra, Rooney should all play and all a frequent yellow carders in the big games. As long as United get at least two cards, I will at minimum break even. Four or more cards (likely) will see a decent profit.
2 points+ profit. Almost hit the over 3 to make huge profit but Man United kept their discipline. Still, I like this bet and will use it in any big/grudge game United have coming up (return leg, Manchester derby etc).

Scholes misses the trip, but I am on Man U cards as well. Raphael v Ronaldo would look like another likely card for example. Ref is Felix Brych from Germany, and his record in UCL this season is: Fenerbache v S Moscow - 6Y 1R APOEL v R Madrid - 3Y Zenit v Milan - 7Y Braga v Man U - 3Y Celtic v S Moscow - 6Y 1R So he is not afraid to get the cards out, and I personally think refs are influenced by the athmosphere in games and Real Madrid players are often prone to milking fouls (much like Barca). I have taken the 2.2 with Bet365 on over 2.5 Man U cards. I am thinking to take iot again inplay with the free bet offer, but may back over 3 with W Hill to leave a push on 3 cards. Yet to decide.
3 cards, bet won. Didn't look likely late in until Valencia got a soft yellow. Having said that Phil Jones committees a number of tactical fouls, and really should of been booked IMO. Unfortunately Bet365 didn't offer the individual team cards in play, so my free bet didn't go on this.