** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 19 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1. FC Nürnberg v Hamburger SV (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1. FSV Mainz 05 v SC Freiburg (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1899 Hoffenheim v Borussia Mönchengladbach (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Eintracht Frankfurt (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.69[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v SpVgg Greuther Fürth (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v Hannover 96 (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fortuna Düsseldorf v FC Augsburg (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfL Wolfsburg v VfB Stuttgart (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Werder Bremen v Borussia Dortmund (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.82[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Bayern Munich -2 AH looks kind of solid since they've made great effort through their mid season break and now are looking to freshen the things up a bit. Impressive wins over Basel - 3:0 (in Switzerland) and Schalke 5:0 have marked the good performance of the Bavarian Giant. Although Munich are certainly in good form, Matthias Sammer still feels there is room for improvement. That gives me the feeling that a good display will be demanded by the team. BM have recovered all of their players (excluding Badstuber) already and as Robben said are "ready to fire". The match against Furths is somehow a Bavarian derby. Two recent matches reveal 3-0, 6-2 victories for BM. Meanwhile Furth have new sporting director who already admitted they their defense is not as solid as he wants it to be. Played well against AZ Alkmaar but lost 2:3. The defense has not been convincing and the attack has seemed harmless. However there is a new signing in the Serbian Nikola Djurdjic (played 11 matches for Helsingborgs IF in the last 6 months, scored 10 g). He scored against Alkmaar and obviously is in a good form. I think that BM are going for an impressive start of the second half of the season. Something worth noticing on the other hand is that Furth have been beaten by more than 2 goals only once this season. Will look closer into the team news by Thursday.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Might work, but I don't see any value there. Traditionally the topteams have some problems getting their motor started after the winter break, Bayern's looking strong these days, but Schalke was just tactically terrible last week leaving Bayern way too much room, for Fürth it will be important to get at least a good feeling out of that match for the rest of the season so I think they will fight like hell... You can ignore the derby-factor, Fürth hasn't been in the Bundesliga for ages, there is no such a thing as a special rivalry...

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th

Might work, but I don't see any value there. Traditionally the topteams have some problems getting their motor started after the winter break, Bayern's looking strong these days, but Schalke was just tactically terrible last week leaving Bayern way too much room, for Fürth it will be important to get at least a good feeling out of that match for the rest of the season so I think they will fight like hell... You can ignore the derby-factor, Fürth hasn't been in the Bundesliga for ages, there is no such a thing as a special rivalry...
If you look at Bayern's stats at home this season, you will see that they covered -1.5 handicap 6 out of 9 times at home this season. Whenever they failed to do it, it was against top teams like Dortmund, Leverkusen and Monchengladbach. Last year, Bayern covered this handicap in 12 out of 17 games. The games when they failed to cover were either against top teams - Gladbach, Dortmund and Hannover, or games which preceded CL direct elimination games. So, to sum it up, in fact for the last 26 home games, Bayern tend to do really well against teams outside top 5, especially whenever there is no CL football involved. Under these circumstances, they blew only one handicap - against Gladbach in December last round (but having in mind that Gladbach is way stronger than Greuther, and their place in the table did not represent their actual value). So, analyzing all this, I am not so sure that there is no "value" in backing AH for Bayern. They tend to do very profitable on this handicap under similar circumstances in the last two years.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th easier to say - when they win, they win with at least two goal margin. so, everything below -2 handicap is a viable bet. don't count monchengladbach into this equasion as they have a freak h2h record against them for some reason, simply incredible.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Furth are a truly terrible team, Bayern can easily demolish them if they feel like it. Personally I dont like big handicaps like (-2) ect even in these circumstances, I have my eye on some other BL games instead

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Bayern München-Greuther Fürth AH-2.5 @1.86 5/10 Pinnacle Bayern are the best team in the Bundesliga. They are much better than Greuther Fürth who have a very poor squad and will go down for sure. They don't score a lot of goals. Their midfield and defence are also weak. Bayern have much better players. They beat Schalke 5-0 in a friendly last week. The team is very motivated. Their aim is not to concede a single goal during the second half of this campaign (not logically, but conceded not too many is what they meant by this). The team is full besides Badstuber who is a long-term injury. I wouldn't be too surprised if they would be ahead by 3 goals by half-time. They will probably win 4-0 or 5-0. GL

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Schalke vs Hannover. Should be an open attacking game because both teams love free flowing football especially hannover. Hannover overs in 13 out of 17 games overall. Hannover over 3.5 goals in 10 games out of 17. Hannover overs in 7 out of 8 away games. Schalke overs in 3 of their last 4 games. Schalke over 3.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 games. 5 out of the last 6 matches between these 2 teams has been overs. Over 2.5 goals @ $1.70 betfair 6 points. Over 3.5 goals @ $2.68 betfair 4 points.

Schalke vs Hannover. Should be an open attacking game because both teams love free flowing football especially hannover. Hannover overs in 13 out of 17 games overall. Hannover over 3.5 goals in 10 games out of 17. Hannover overs in 7 out of 8 away games. Schalke overs in 3 of their last 4 games. Schalke over 3.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 games. 5 out of the last 6 matches between these 2 teams has been overs. Over 2.5 goals @ $1.70 betfair 6 points. Over 3.5 goals @ $2.68 betfair 4 points.
Schalke's striker Huntelaar is suspended and also winger Afellay is out with an injury. Midfielder Jones is also suspended. Hannover miss defenders Cherundulo, Schulz and Felipe while striker Ya Konan is at the Africa Cup.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Value on Wolfsburg: they have a new coach as they signed Hekingfrom Nürnberg. They only miss suspended defender Naldo. Josue is also suspended but he can leave the club so no big problem. Stuttgart have a smaller squad and several players won't be available: striker Ibisevic (10 goals/ 3 assists)is suspended as striker Cacau is still injured as well as winger Torun. Midfielder Kvist is also injured, right-back Sakai is suspended while lef-back Boka is at the Africa Cup. Defender Tasci is also a doubt for this. Stuttgart will play with their last players and the bench will be full of inexperienced players from the second team.

24.png

Benaglio - Fagner, Kjaer, Madlung, M. Schäfer - Träsch, Polak - Perisic, Diego, Rodriguez - Olic Trainer: Hecking

11.png

Ulreich - Rüdiger, Tasci, Niedermeier, Molinaro - Gentner, Kuzmanovic - Harnik, Hajnal, Traoré - Okazaki Trainer: Labbadia

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Like the look of Fortuna Dusseldorf at home to FC Agusburg. They went 4 unbeaten at home just before the winter break and are in good shape to carry on that form into the new year. Augusburg have only 9 points to their name this season and have only scored 5 on their travels all season. Augusburg are also yet to pick up a win away this season. The away side miss a number of players for this clash also, players such as Vogt, Hain, Ottl, Hain, Langkamp and Banche. Fortuna Dusseldorf 2.37 William Hill

Bayern München-Greuther Fürth AH-2.5 @1.86 5/10 Pinnacle Bayern are the best team in the Bundesliga. They are much better than Greuther Fürth who have a very poor squad and will go down for sure. They don't score a lot of goals. Their midfield and defence are also weak. Bayern have much better players. They beat Schalke 5-0 in a friendly last week. The team is very motivated. Their aim is not to concede a single goal during the second half of this campaign (not logically, but conceded not too many is what they meant by this). The team is full besides Badstuber who is a long-term injury. I wouldn't be too surprised if they would be ahead by 3 goals by half-time. They will probably win 4-0 or 5-0. GL
I put further 3 units on this bet as Fürth will miss their best player of the season, Prib, and also important defender Schmidtgal. Newly signed striker Djurdjic is also out.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Appreciate some of the more detailed analysis here, especially the team news form RedDevil92. Usually when there is a 2.5AH in a top level league, I am always looking to back the plus. On this Bayern match in particular - I am very short Bayern and therefore will not be having a bet - although with the team news described I can see why some would. Generally though, you have to ask yourself what side you think you are likely to get value on in the long run. Everybody wants to back Bayern, the square money piles on them every week, so bookmakers/asia/the betting market will not need to lay them at their potentially bigger correct price on average. Therefore, on a 2%AH line - chances are you will be getting value on the plus here more often than not. Usually I think a lot of the stats quoted by punters are almost meaningless (ie last 5 matches this happened, the last two times they played this happened etc) however Fedar's stats above are getting towards something I can actually consider (12/17 matches last season covering -1.5). The only thing here again is, that this is -2.5 - which is a massive difference from -1.5 (ie if the +1.5 line is 1.90, the +2.5 line would be something like 1.33!) which is something again that most punters fail to realise in my opinion. Again though, I am not saying the + is value in this particular case, and with the team news quoted from reddevil in particular if there was any match I would consider backing -2.5 in, it would be one like this.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Also, I haven't looked at the team news yet, but on my base prices I have Wolfsburg as way too short at 11/10 ish (find they are overrated frequently) therefore Stuttgart +0.5 AH as value. Others are Gladbach dnb (have them as decent favourites at Hoffenheim), and Freiburg +0.5AH (again I feel Mainz slightly too short here - very likely people getting a bit too excited about their recent form). Finally, I agree with Ahughes in that Dusseldorf should be shorter, I have them at around evens. We are all here to improve and learn so please pick the bones out this :D

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th FC SCHALKE 04 vs HANNOVER 96 injuries and suspensions FC Schalke: Papadopoulos(10/1),Afellay(10/2),Jones(14/1),Moritz(4/0),Huntelaar(17/5) Hannover 96:Cherundolo(15/0),Felipe(3/1),Schulz(8/1),Andreasen(4/2),Stindl(14/2),Ya Konan(15/2) Probables: FC Schalke:Hildebrand-Uchida, Howedes,Matip,Fuchs-Hoger,Neustädter,Farfan,Holtby,Draxler-Marica Hannover 96:Zieler-Sakai,Eggimann,Djourou,Rausch-Schmiedebach,Pinto-Schlaudraff,Huszti-Abdellaoue,Diouf I think that Hannover will get some points here. Tip X2 @2,20 stake 6/10 GL.......

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th What do you guys think about Dortmund away against Werder Bremen? Liking the odds on -0.75 but I aint sure how its looking in the injury front in the two teams and if they have sold/bought any important players (execpt Sahin).

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Schalke - Hannover (Friday, January 18th, 20:30 CET) Strongly agree with DiavoloRossonero, odds of 2.2 for X2 provide some decent value. Schalke without Jones and their top striker Huntelaar. Additionally Schalke managed to win 5 out of 9 home games this season so far but only one of those victories was against a team from the upper half of the table (Mainz). The other 4 home matches (2 draws, 2 losses) were all against team from the upper half of the table. The only problem comes with the away record of Hannover this season, they managed only to win 2 out of 8 away games so far and lost the other six. But nevertheless Schalke looks far too short here taking into account their recent results and missings. Pick: Schalke - Hannover X2 odds: 2.25 Bet365 6/10 :hope

What do you guys think about Dortmund away against Werder Bremen? Liking the odds on -0.75 but I aint sure how its looking in the injury front in the two teams and if they have sold/bought any important players (execpt Sahin).
I make Dortmund a bet here mate - priced them at 1/2 - now drifted and -0.5 available at 1.74. Subotic out for Dortmund but Arnautovic out for Werder Bremen. Solid 5/10 bet.:ok

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Werder-Dortmund under 3,5 odd 1,57 Without Arnautovic Werder is weak in the ofence, they don'5 have enough balls for petersen. They can do something just at corners and free kicks. Kloop knows that BVB can win UCL if they have a good defence. I can see a 2-0 win for the champions here Mainz-Freiburg both to score odd 1,80 Mainz has a good offence with Szalai, Ivanschitz and Muller, but their defence is old and weak with Svensson, Noveski and Prospech which are very old and they will face a fast team. Freiburg plays with Kruse, Caliguri, Schmid and Freis are very good players they have a very fast style of playing and i think that they will easly score today

I put further 3 units on this bet as Fürth will miss their best player of the season' date=' Prib, and also important defender Schmidtgal. Newly signed striker Djurdjic is also out.[/quote'] 2:0 bet lost so many chances were missed in the first half:wall

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th @RedDevil92 They always start slow after the season (lost/draw last two seasons). You got the feeling today, that if they wanted a 6-0 victory they would have taken it, I stayed away from a Bayern match for the first time this season, as I always want to see the bundesliga level. After their training abroad, they always get incredible results alike 5-0 against Schalke. Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund @ Under 2,5 / BET365 2,40 Werder Bremen have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home matches against Borussia Dortmund in all competitions. Although both teams have some defensive injuries, and Bremen have some difficulties deffending against through balls (speciality of Dortmund), it's at home and it's a new year.

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th I see strong value on Fortuna (0) @ 1,72 at Pinnacle now. Do not understand this high odd. Fortuna is new promoted team of course but in all game play on 100 % and fight especially at home field. Fortuna and Augsburg has not big potential but if we compare this two team Fortuna play better as a team. I saw this team in first part of Bundesliga. In my opinion Fortuna is better and this odd is must play. Another very important aspect for me is that weaker team like Augsburg, Fortuna, Hoffenheim, Nurnebrg need few game to play on 100%. Fortuna plays in Winter Cup, of cours they played two "small games" but it may be small handi. Fortuna won against better team at home field, on away had strong games too. Line-Up look good but home has missings in defence but Augsburg ofence look poor and should not worry about this. Short info, but do not like write in English. Texted without details. Fortuna (0)@ 1,72 Pinnacle

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Nürnberg-Hamburg under 2.5 @1.77 6/10 SBObet Both sides are very underish. both of them have seen 11 out of 17 matches gone udner 2.5 so far with 4/6 home matches of Nürnberg resulting with under 2.5. It'll be e a tight and underish affair with both having problems to score. Both do lack quality up front. Less goals here and not much reasoning needed. GL

Re: Bundesliga > Saturday January 19th Düsseldorf-Augsburg Two teams they are new this season. But Augsburg are not good enough for the first league. 11 Points behind the 15th Place, thats the first Non-Relegation Place. Düsseldorf @ home with last 3 wins from 3 games. Augsburg away only with a 0-3-5 and shoots only 5 Goals away. Today Augsburg without Striker Bance (Africa-Cup) and key players in the Defence/Mittlefield: Langkamp,Verhaegh,Vogt and Petrzela. The squad are not good enough to replace this Players in the Defence. So i see hugh Value for Düsseldorf. Düsseldorf to win @ 2.59 with 4 points - Pinnacle

Nürnberg-Hamburg under 2.5 @1.77 6/10 SBObet Both sides are very underish. both of them have seen 11 out of 17 matches gone udner 2.5 so far with 4/6 home matches of Nürnberg resulting with under 2.5. It'll be e a tight and underish affair with both having problems to score. Both do lack quality up front. Less goals here and not much reasoning needed. GL
1:1 bet won

• 2 weeks later...

Düsseldorf-Augsburg Two teams they are new this season. But Augsburg are not good enough for the first league. 11 Points behind the 15th Place, thats the first Non-Relegation Place. Düsseldorf @ home with last 3 wins from 3 games. Augsburg away only with a 0-3-5 and shoots only 5 Goals away. Today Augsburg without Striker Bance (Africa-Cup) and key players in the Defence/Mittlefield: Langkamp,Verhaegh,Vogt and Petrzela. The squad are not good enough to replace this Players in the Defence. So i see hugh Value for Düsseldorf. Düsseldorf to win @ 2.59 with 4 points - Pinnacle
2:3 Bet Lost