** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec

kevshat

The penultimate event of the year takes place this weekend when the Players Championship finals are played out. With the tournament being seeded by Order of Merit rather than world ranking this tournament always throws up some tasty ties and this year is no different. The whole event is live on ITV4. Draw and format can be found here: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1vlbd7ejrp6pl1n35e67qirvke/title/players-championship-finals-schedule

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Tournament preview:* 1pt ew K.Huybrechts to win Players Championship Finals 33/1 William Hill (1/2 1-2) Kim Huybrechts has shown his quality throughout 2012 and I think he’s about ready to go very deep in another major championship. He made the semi final of the European Championship where he beat Raymond Barneveld along the way before Simon Whitlock edged him out but he comes into this weekend in good form having made a quarter final last weekend and the semi final in the Dutch Darts Masters at the end of last month. Huybrechts is one of the better players in the game and with a king early draw he can prove that this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-kim-huybrechts-can-win-his-first-major-title-in-minehead

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Quarter previews: 2pts J.Pipe to win 2nd Quarter 13/2 Paddy Power That leaves us with Justin Pipe who will be the home hero this week with the tournament being in Somerset. That should help him as he is often the victim of the crowd disorder with his slow style so I would expect him to go well this weekend. He’s certainly got the game to go well, he’s shown us that over the last 18 months on the floor so with the game and the crowd on his side I think the 13/2 on Pipe to win this quarter looks value, particularly given he’s in the easier half of the quarter. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-justin-pipe-can-use-the-crowd-to-his-advantage-to-win-2nd-quarter 2pts R.Thornton to win 3rd Quarter 6/1 Skybet The player I like in this quarter is Robert Thornton. Thornton has been in good shape throughout most of 2012 and he has already won one major tournament having won the UK Open so he knows how to win them. He comes into this tournament off the back of a couple of semi finals last weekend where in both tournaments he lost to Phil Taylor in a deciding leg and if he can come past Mark Walsh in the first round, which I expect him to do, then the longer format can bring the best out of him like it did when he made the final of this tournament in 2009 and see him into the semi finals at least. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-robert-thornton-can-make-another-major-semi-final-in-minehead

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] White, I v Smith, M (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lloyd, C v Wright, P (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.93 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Osborne, C (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, K v van der Voort, V (14:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Walsh, M (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.76 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jenkins, T v King, M (15:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Baxter, R v Nicholson, P (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Smith, A (16:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Jones, W (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Dolan, B (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]96.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Burnett, R (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Painter, K (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Beaton, S (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Webster, M (21:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Anderson, G (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Caven, J (22:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Some Friday afternoon match previews: 4pts P.Wright to beat C.Lloyd 10/11 Betfred Peter Wright is definitely in the better form of the two players here and I believe he’s the better player of the two as well despite their head to head record suggesting otherwise. All those matches were while Wright was getting to grips with the PDC but the confidence he’ll have taken from winning in Ireland recently will give his game such a boost and I think he’ll beat Lloyd in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lloyd-vs-wright-betting-peter-wright-can-see-off-colin-lloyd-in-players-championship-finals-opening-round 4pts M.King vs T.Jenkins - Over 9.5 legs Evs Skybet I don’t think there is a lot between these two and this match will be separated by narrow margins I think. It will be a big shot here or a poor set up there which separates them but in terms of the scoreboard I don’t think there will be much between them and I think there’s plenty of mileage in taking the even money on there being over 9.5 legs in this match. They went all the way in the Grand Prix recently and could do the same here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-king-betting-two-experienced-pros-can-go-all-the-way-in-minehead-opener 4pts R.Baxter to beat P.Nicholson 11/10 Bet365 I think Ronnie Baxter matches up well to Paul Nicholson and I think he can win this match. He scores steadily consistently and doesn’t have too many aberrations on his doubles whereas Nicholson has good legs and bad legs which is why he’s struggled this year. Nicholson seems to put a lot of pressure on himself and at the minute he’s struggling to cope with it. Baxter just goes and plays and he can play his way into the second round here for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nicholson-vs-baxter-betting-ronnie-baxter-can-freeze-the-asset-in-players-championship-finals

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Outrights first: 2pts E/W J.Wade to win the players championship 21/1 Bet365 On his day I think James can beat anyone. Looking at the draw I don't see him being tested until the quarter-finals where I see him up against Barney. He has the better record against Barney and although Barney is in some amazing form again now with the lighter darts, he can still tire in the later stages of tournaments. If he makes it to the Semi, I can see him against Chisnall which is very winable and then a final showdown with in my opinion the winner of Anderson/Taylor.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 1pt A.Hamilton to win the 4th quarter 15/1 Skybet OK, Ok, he has to be bang-in form to pull this off. He has to beat Taylor also. I just think Hamilton along with Van Gerwen is in such brilliant form at the moment that I don't think he will be scared of anyone. 15/1 seems good value for me. Id even be tempted for the outright at 67/1.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 3pts Lloyd vs Wright - Over 9.5 legs Evs Skybet Hard one to call this. Last time these two met this year it was 6-4 to Lloyd. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a similar score either way but I think with Wright having the better year it serves even more likely that this would could be very close. 3pts Osborne vs Pipe - Over 9.5 legs Evs SportingBet Another game I see going to the wire. I just don't rate Pipe. I can't help but bet against him. These two head-2-head reads 6 played. 4 going to Osborne although the majority of those were a few years back admittedly. Last three matches though have all been 6-4 (twice to Pipe, once to Os) and I expect a 6-4 either way. 3pts Newton vs Anderson - Over 9.5 legs Evs SkyBet Seems a steal to me. the last four head-2-heads, 3 of them ended 'over 9.5 legs' in a b011 match. Anderson always the fav for me in this, but his doubles still haunt him. Newton a grinder will atleast get 4 legs for me. 2pts Painter to beat Van Gerwen 11/4 SkyBet I was impressed as anyone how Van Gerwen performed in the Grand slam but I also think painter is one of the most improved players of this year that I have seen. He is a real grinder and can pull out a check-out consistently. I think Van Gerwen might have his eye more on the PDC Champs also, but nevertheless I think 11/4 has abit of value in it. 2pts Barneveld to beat Beaton -2.5 6/5 SkyBet Barney was superb in the Grand slam and hasn't yet lost with the lighter weight darts. I fancy a 6-2/6-3 here at worst. Head-2-head for these two reads Barney 7 to 1 with Beaton winning the most recent in June (6-4). Much will come if you believe the old Barney is back or not with this bet.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Friday evening session match previews: 3pts R.Burnett to beat A.Lewis 9/4 Bet365 Lewis hasn’t been in any form coming into this tournament anyway but with his wife expecting a child at any minute you would have to think his focus will be elsewhere and that gives Richie Burnett every chance in this match. These two met in the first round of the World Grand Prix where Lewis edged out Burnett in a close match but the value is on the Welshman to get his revenge here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-burnett-betting-richie-burnett-can-gain-revenge-for-world-grand-prix-defeat-against-the-world-champion 4pts M.van Gerwen (-2.5 legs) to beat K.Painter Evs Boylesports Kevin Painter is always a tough nut to crack but the form that Michael van Gerwen is in at the minute I expect him to dispose of the defending champion and do it with a bit to spare. Van Gerwen is putting up 110 averages at the minute and Kevin Painter doesn’t have those sort of averages in him. For Painter to stay close here he’ll need van Gerwen to play badly but there’s no sign of that happening so it’s another MVG win for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-painter-betting-in-form-dutchman-can-continue-where-he-left-off-in-the-grand-slam 3pts R.Barneveld vs S.Beaton - Over 9.5 legs 11/10 Paddy Power I think Steve Beaton can be competitive here. He is often competitive over the shorter distances so that leaves me thinking the odds against on over 9.5 legs is a good bet as I don’t think Barneveld’s performance in the Grand Slam was a flash in the pan. I don’t expect Barneveld to win this tournament but he will play well again but Beaton can stay close enough to him to ensure we see 10 legs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-beaton-betting-two-former-world-champions-can-play-out-a-close-match-in-minehead 4pts P.Taylor vs M.Webster - Under 3.5 180's 6/5 Paddy Power I guess in many ways Webster has nothing to lose but while the score could be anything I don’t expect to see many 180s in this match. Both men are known for switching to the treble 19 when the lie is blocked and I don’t think this match will be long enough to produce 4 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-webster-betting-two-regular-switchers-to-treble-19-can-ensure-a-low-180-count-in-this-match 4pts G.Anderson to beat W.Newton 5/6 Stan James These two met in a Players Championship tournament last weekend over this distance and Anderson won that 6-2 and I think he can win this one too. Anderson will want to go well in this tournament to boost his confidence going into the World Championship after a disappointing year whereas Newton will be happier with his year. That’s not to say Newton will lose on purpose but he might not have quite the edge that Anderson will have so I’ll take the heavy scoring Scot here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-can-beat-wes-newton-for-the-second-time-in-a-week

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Taken these three outright. Thought about a punt in the bottom quarter but it is a tournament in itself so I'll give that a miss :lol

Tournament preview:* 1pt ew K.Huybrechts to win Players Championship Finals 33/1 William Hill (1/2 1-2) Kim Huybrechts has shown his quality throughout 2012 and I think he’s about ready to go very deep in another major championship. He made the semi final of the European Championship where he beat Raymond Barneveld along the way before Simon Whitlock edged him out but he comes into this weekend in good form having made a quarter final last weekend and the semi final in the Dutch Darts Masters at the end of last month. Huybrechts is one of the better players in the game and with a king early draw he can prove that this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-kim-huybrechts-can-win-his-first-major-title-in-minehead
Quarter previews: 2pts J.Pipe to win 2nd Quarter 13/2 Paddy Power That leaves us with Justin Pipe who will be the home hero this week with the tournament being in Somerset. That should help him as he is often the victim of the crowd disorder with his slow style so I would expect him to go well this weekend. He’s certainly got the game to go well, he’s shown us that over the last 18 months on the floor so with the game and the crowd on his side I think the 13/2 on Pipe to win this quarter looks value, particularly given he’s in the easier half of the quarter. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-justin-pipe-can-use-the-crowd-to-his-advantage-to-win-2nd-quarter 2pts R.Thornton to win 3rd Quarter 6/1 Skybet The player I like in this quarter is Robert Thornton. Thornton has been in good shape throughout most of 2012 and he has already won one major tournament having won the UK Open so he knows how to win them. He comes into this tournament off the back of a couple of semi finals last weekend where in both tournaments he lost to Phil Taylor in a deciding leg and if he can come past Mark Walsh in the first round, which I expect him to do, then the longer format can bring the best out of him like it did when he made the final of this tournament in 2009 and see him into the semi finals at least. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-robert-thornton-can-make-another-major-semi-final-in-minehead

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Four for the first afternoon. These three.....

Some Friday afternoon match previews: 4pts P.Wright to beat C.Lloyd 10/11 Betfred Peter Wright is definitely in the better form of the two players here and I believe he’s the better player of the two as well despite their head to head record suggesting otherwise. All those matches were while Wright was getting to grips with the PDC but the confidence he’ll have taken from winning in Ireland recently will give his game such a boost and I think he’ll beat Lloyd in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lloyd-vs-wright-betting-peter-wright-can-see-off-colin-lloyd-in-players-championship-finals-opening-round 4pts M.King vs T.Jenkins - Over 9.5 legs Evs Skybet I don’t think there is a lot between these two and this match will be separated by narrow margins I think. It will be a big shot here or a poor set up there which separates them but in terms of the scoreboard I don’t think there will be much between them and I think there’s plenty of mileage in taking the even money on there being over 9.5 legs in this match. They went all the way in the Grand Prix recently and could do the same here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-king-betting-two-experienced-pros-can-go-all-the-way-in-minehead-opener 4pts R.Baxter to beat P.Nicholson 11/10 Bet365 I think Ronnie Baxter matches up well to Paul Nicholson and I think he can win this match. He scores steadily consistently and doesn’t have too many aberrations on his doubles whereas Nicholson has good legs and bad legs which is why he’s struggled this year. Nicholson seems to put a lot of pressure on himself and at the minute he’s struggling to cope with it. Baxter just goes and plays and he can play his way into the second round here for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nicholson-vs-baxter-betting-ronnie-baxter-can-freeze-the-asset-in-players-championship-finals
and this one.... 5pts A.Hamilton (-1.5 legs) to beat A.Smith 4/5 Skybet Andy Hamilton comes into this tournament in good form and I see no sign of that suddenly ending because he is such a determined player these days who is hungry for winning tournaments. Andy Smith has never been the best player on the big stage and I would expect him to be outscored throughout this match and the thing Hamilton has improved so much in his game is the amount of doubles he hits. These days when Hamilton looks at a double you are confident he'll hit it. His run to the semi final of the Grand Slam of Darts will have done him no harm and so I expect the Hammer to put up a good show this weekend which can begin with a win over the Pieman and a win which is no worse than 6-4.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 3pts Chisnall to win outright 10/1 william hill Good odds here we all know what a great player Chisnall is and fancy him to come through this week,have thoroughly gone through the draw here and fully expect him to make it to the semi without really been tested and have him drawn to beat barney in the semi and not sure who he will meet in the final on form you would have to say mighty mike but im willing to take these odds no matter who it be from the very difficult other half

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 3pts I.White to beat M.Smith -1.5 A/H Evs BlueSq Seems good value to me. White is a better player in my eyes. He has had the better year and has much improved and beating lewis 6-0 isn't to be sniffed at either. I see this being a 6-4 at worse for Diamond.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec

Outrights first: 2pts E/W J.Wade to win the players championship 21/1 Bet365 On his day I think James can beat anyone. Looking at the draw I don't see him being tested until the quarter-finals where I see him up against Barney. He has the better record against Barney and although Barney is in some amazing form again now with the lighter darts, he can still tire in the later stages of tournaments. If he makes it to the Semi, I can see him against Chisnall which is very winable and then a final showdown with in my opinion the winner of Anderson/Taylor.
I wouldn't be backing James Wade when there's a full moon :p

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 6pts Hamilton -1.5 vs Smith 4/6 Ladbrokes Goes hand-in-hand with my quarter bet. I really think Hamilton will continue his form here. It's such a shame he is in such a hard quarter or Id most certainly be looking at him making the final but he has thrown steady, scored heavy and now is doubling well too. 6-3 for me.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Going with plenty this evening. Looks a good card. 4pts D.Chisnall (-2.5 legs) to beat W.Jones 6/5 Paddy Power Dave Chisnall comes into this event in good nick having won a Players Championship event last weekend where he averaged 111 in the final against Phil Taylor and if he anything like that sort of average with him this evening he'll be way too good for Wayne Jones. The truth is though that he's unlikely to need to average that high to win this comfortably. We saw in the Grand Slam that Jones is struggling a bit at the minute and that was in front of a home crowd in a tournament he often goes well in. This is a tough event and he only sneaked into it in last place whereas Chisnall is the number one seed. There's little doubt Chisnall's in the better form of the two and with his scoring power likely to be way too good for Jones I'll take Chisnall to win this and win it no worse than 6-3.

Friday evening session match previews: 3pts R.Burnett to beat A.Lewis 9/4 Bet365 Lewis hasn’t been in any form coming into this tournament anyway but with his wife expecting a child at any minute you would have to think his focus will be elsewhere and that gives Richie Burnett every chance in this match. These two met in the first round of the World Grand Prix where Lewis edged out Burnett in a close match but the value is on the Welshman to get his revenge here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-burnett-betting-richie-burnett-can-gain-revenge-for-world-grand-prix-defeat-against-the-world-champion 4pts M.van Gerwen (-2.5 legs) to beat K.Painter Evs Boylesports Kevin Painter is always a tough nut to crack but the form that Michael van Gerwen is in at the minute I expect him to dispose of the defending champion and do it with a bit to spare. Van Gerwen is putting up 110 averages at the minute and Kevin Painter doesn’t have those sort of averages in him. For Painter to stay close here he’ll need van Gerwen to play badly but there’s no sign of that happening so it’s another MVG win for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-painter-betting-in-form-dutchman-can-continue-where-he-left-off-in-the-grand-slam 3pts R.Barneveld vs S.Beaton - Over 9.5 legs 11/10 Paddy Power I think Steve Beaton can be competitive here. He is often competitive over the shorter distances so that leaves me thinking the odds against on over 9.5 legs is a good bet as I don’t think Barneveld’s performance in the Grand Slam was a flash in the pan. I don’t expect Barneveld to win this tournament but he will play well again but Beaton can stay close enough to him to ensure we see 10 legs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-beaton-betting-two-former-world-champions-can-play-out-a-close-match-in-minehead 4pts P.Taylor vs M.Webster - Under 3.5 180's 6/5 Paddy Power I guess in many ways Webster has nothing to lose but while the score could be anything I don’t expect to see many 180s in this match. Both men are known for switching to the treble 19 when the lie is blocked and I don’t think this match will be long enough to produce 4 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-webster-betting-two-regular-switchers-to-treble-19-can-ensure-a-low-180-count-in-this-match 4pts G.Anderson to beat W.Newton 5/6 Stan James These two met in a Players Championship tournament last weekend over this distance and Anderson won that 6-2 and I think he can win this one too. Anderson will want to go well in this tournament to boost his confidence going into the World Championship after a disappointing year whereas Newton will be happier with his year. That’s not to say Newton will lose on purpose but he might not have quite the edge that Anderson will have so I’ll take the heavy scoring Scot here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-can-beat-wes-newton-for-the-second-time-in-a-week

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Dolan, B (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.92 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jones, W v Wright, P (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Smith, M v Huybrechts, K (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.47 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Thornton, R (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Hamilton, A (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Baxter, R (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Lewis, A (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beaton, S v King, M (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.59 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Decent day yesterday. Hoping to consolidate that this afternoon. 4pts P.Wright to beat W.Jones 4/5 Blue Square Peter Wright took an absolute age to get going in the first round but when he did he played really well and that form is likely to be too good for Wayne Jones who even though he beat Dave Chisnall 6-0, didn't play brilliantly in the match and hasn't been playing all that well for some time. I mentioned yesterday how Peter Wright has won his first tournament this year and he's a solid player who is capable of really devastating bursts both of scoring and finishing and when he becomes more consistent at putting it all together in the same match the titles will flow for the colourful Scot. Wright has shown his C+ game can beat solid pros in the first round and if he has something nearer his A game with him here he should win this with a bit in hand. 4pts M.Smith Most 180's vs K.Huybrechts 12/5 Paddy Power I've absolutely no idea where this price has come from :loon. Michael Smith is known as a heavy scorer and hits 180's for fun when he gets in the groove, which you would expect him to do over the best of 19 legs. Kim has never really been known as a massive 180 hitter. He'll plod along and hit the occasional 180 and maybe 3 or 4 over the course of a 19 leg match but Smith hits 3 or 4 in as many legs when he is going. We saw him hit two in the same leg against Ian White yesterday in a match where nerves clearly had a big say both with the short distance and the fact it was the first game in the tournament. Huybrechts didn't hit a single 180 against Vincent van der Voort yesterday and with his liking for a dip down to the treble 19 I wouldn't expect him to hit too many today either. At 12/5 Smith in this most 180's market is a no brainer even with the tie in place. 5pts R.Thornton Over 3.5 180's 5/4 Paddy Power Not sure where this price comes from either. Robert Thornton is one of the heaviest 180 scorers in the game and I think he'll have at least 17 legs to hit the 4 180's we need from him here. The rhythm of this game should be a good one and with neither of these players being one of those who will try and slow the other one down I expect a good pace throughout and that can only help Thornton. I keep harping back to that match against Taylor in the World Grand Prix when he hit 8 180's in 5 sets with the double start but that shows the scoring potential he has and in what almost has to be a high scoring match here I'll take him to hit at least 4 maximums at such an attractive price.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Painful viewing with Wade. One for me. 5pts Anderson to beat Thornton 4/5 Pinnacle Value on Anderson for me. There head-2-head shows Thornton winning the last couple here, but I think the higher scoring Anderson and better scoring will see him through. He just needs them doubles to come through early and the game having more legs I can only see as an advantage to his high scoring.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 3pts Whitlock -2.5 (vs Baxter) 4/5 Bluesq Whitlock looked in great form in the first game. Baxter played well, but I think there's a big difference in class here. Head to head reads Whitlock is favoured 5/4 with 2 of those being this year. I just think Whitlock has the edge in every area here and it wouldn't surprise me if he won by more than this handicap but I will stay safe here and go with the -2.5.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 3pts Beaton vs King - Over 16.5 legs Evs Sportingbet King stumbled over the line in his first game with some erratic doubling. I fancied him to beat Jenkins by more than what he did. I think this one will be close. The crowd got on Kings back in the last game and this ones at 10pm so everyone will be p*ssed up and if Kings doubles are not up to scratch it could be a similar type of game.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2pts Beaton to beat King 13/8 Boylesports Beaton impressed me against Barney. I never had him down to win that game. As mentioned before I see this one being quite close and if the crowd get on Kings back and Beaton continues his form I think there is some good value in this

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2 for me tonight. Just looking to consolidate the weekend so far. 4pts P.Taylor (-3.5 legs) to beat A.Lewis 10/11 Blue Square Phil Taylor looked back to form last night in beating Mark Webster and ok he eased up a bit with the winning line in sight but that's understandable given how long it has been since he's won a tournament on the big stage, by his standards anyway. Adrian Lewis has looked all at sea on the big stage this year and with his partner giving birth at 4am this morning you wouldn't expect him to suddenly find the spark that he'll need to beat Taylor and the more he gets behind the more I would imagine he'll just want to get out of there and get back up north to be with his new son. Taylor wants to lay a marker down this weekend to show he's still the guvnor going into the World Championship and there's no better way to do that than to give his protege a walloping on the big stage. 4pts S.Beaton to beat M.King 13/8 Sportingbet I think Steve Beaton is a big price here. I'm slightly reluctant to take him in this match as he never seems to perform his best in the matches he is perceived to have a good chance in but that needs to be countered with the fact that if this is a tight match the crowd are likely to kill King as they almost did yesterday afternoon. Steve Beaton has played well in patches this year and if he can get off to a fast start then he could well take some beating here. We saw in the Grand Slam how King lacked consistency over this distance and he missed a few doubles against Kevin Painter there and against Terry Jenkins here. He can't afford to do that tonight but the crowd might just see that he does and if he does Beaton has every chance of taking him out.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec Huybrechts vs Wright Huybrechts to hit most 180s @ 10/11 Boylesports For me this is the bet that stands out today.Peter Wright didnt manage a single 180 yesterday,even though his average was almost 95.He hit 1 against Lloyd in 11 legs.Huybrechts as shown yesterday is likely to hit at least 3 or 4 and that should be enough to win this comfortably

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2 for me this afternoon. 5pts S.Whitlock to beat G.Anderson 4/5 Boylesports I like Simon Whitlock in this match. Not just because he played so well last night but because he is the more solid and more reliable of the two players. I don't think there will be too much in the scoring with these two so if it comes down to a doubling contest there really will only be one winner. Whitlock is in good form and he's got experience of winning a tournament over this distance and of this type having won an identical event in the form of the European Championship earlier in the year. Gary Anderson is much improved from what we've seen of him earlier in the year but for me Whitlock is in the better touch and I would expect him to win this. 4pts P.Taylor vs A.Hamilton - Over 8.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square I think this will be a good quality game and one which should be longer than the handicap lines would expect it to be. Hamilton is a prolific 180 hitter and he'll need to hit a lot of them this afternoon if he is to have a chance. Taylor had the range on the 60 to perfection last night and like last night I think he'll pay Hamilton the respect to continue to go for the 180s rather than duck for cover this afternoon. He knows Hamilton is a dangerous opponent and won't want to give him a chance of getting in the game so both men will score well and I can see there being 9 180's in this match at least.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 30 Nov - 2 Dec 4pts Whitlock -1.5 vs Anderson Bet365 Whitlock looked very good in the last round and his major win has really helped him I think. Anderson is so up and down he can be 5-0 down and win a game. He can be 5-0 up and lose a game. It's so hard to predict how he is going to play. Whitlock is steady and will bring a good game every game. I think Whitlock will win this and I'm going to go so far as to say by not giving away any more than 8 legs