Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Swansea City (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December For me this is a clear arsenal win. With podolski back and wilshere coming back into the team and the option to play either ox or gervinho the options for wenger are great. I cant imagine him playing Ramsey on the wing again with these options. Arsenal had a bad spell cause many players where injured or coming back from injury. They seem settled and in the game emersed again. Espacially their defense with Sagna and Gibbs back from injurys having good playing time lately. They need these two fast full backs to have the right balance in their offensive play. Walcott looks very dangerous as he is threat for the goal more then ever. I think all these player coming back and raising their form since some games and playing together fit for some games will come down to this point with arsenal performing strong again hammering some opposition having alternatives on the bench. I feel they played very well vs everton which is a force at home. Swansea does very well but they didnt face strong opposition at all. They lost 2:0 vs stoke and Villa away from home and I can see the same result here again at least. They also had some luck vs. Liverpool and espacially southampton where they were domianted. With arsenal beeing kind of similar in playing style to Southampton I can see arsenal dominating swansea likewise but converting more chances. Arsenal to win @1,45 8/10 arsenal hc -1 @2,2 4/10 arsenal hc -2 2/10 Podolski to score.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December I was looking at BTTS to score but with Henendez out for Swansea which is a big big blow because he is there best create player behind the striker. Swansea have only scored three goals away from home this year so I fancy a clean sheet for Arsenal. Arsenal Clean Sheet - 6 points

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December

For me this is a clear arsenal win. With podolski back and wilshere coming back into the team and the option to play either ox or gervinho the options for wenger are great. I cant imagine him playing Ramsey on the wing again with these options. Arsenal had a bad spell cause many players where injured or coming back from injury. They seem settled and in the game emersed again. Espacially their defense with Sagna and Gibbs back from injurys having good playing time lately. They need these two fast full backs to have the right balance in their offensive play. Walcott looks very dangerous as he is threat for the goal more then ever. I think all these player coming back and raising their form since some games and playing together fit for some games will come down to this point with arsenal performing strong again hammering some opposition having alternatives on the bench.
? Arsenal have fitness concerns over Bacary Sagna (foot), Theo Walcott (ankle) and Lukas Podolski (virus). Manager Arsene Wenger will have to make at least one enforced change as Laurent Koscielny is out with a thigh strain. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20474718

? Arsenal have fitness concerns over Bacary Sagna (foot), Theo Walcott (ankle) and Lukas Podolski (virus). Manager Arsene Wenger will have to make at least one enforced change as Laurent Koscielny is out with a thigh strain. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20474718
uhg thanks didnt see anything yesterday. means jenkinson will play. big blow I would say. Hernandez beeing out makes it a bit easier for this bet. Walcott should play as Podolski. Doesnt sound serious. Most pros can play after some days with a cold. chico for swansea has shoulder problems but will probably play.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December Swansea +0.5 @ 2.84 pinnacle Arsenal look like they have doubts over Sagna in defence, while up front Walcott and Podolski are carrying injuries. If these front two players do not play then it takes away much of their ability to create and score, especially against a Swansea side that has won 2 and drawn 3 of their last 5 EPL games. Arsenal themselves have 3 draws and a win in their last 4 EPL games, and the win at home was fortuate as they were second best and losing 1-0 until Adebayor got sent off and then they turned it around to win 5-2. Recent win at Newcastle and draw at Southampton have confirmed their good showing of late, and even though Hernandez may be out for them, there is enough to suggest that they can get at least a point here, as this is not the Arsenal of old, where they out-passed and out-manouvred teams. Swansea have shown of late that they can too can do that to teams

For me this is a clear arsenal win. With podolski back and wilshere coming back into the team and the option to play either ox or gervinho the options for wenger are great. I cant imagine him playing Ramsey on the wing again with these options.
I'm surprised to hear this from you, Notorious. Arsenal are utter garbage IMO. They can't control possession anymore, they can't really score, they can't defend well esp set-pieces (jesus!) and they are too slow in passing and build-up play which partly accounts for lack of possession and not scoring. Furthermore, teams have learned that we they crowd and press Arteta, Arsenal's attack falls apart completely. For some reason, Wenger and his offensive brain-trust have either not realized this or just can't do anything about it. I thought Arsenal would be significantly stronger with the return of Wilshere and the addition of Cazorla, but so far these magnificent talents have not been able control the midfield play with spectacular passing/movement as I expected. For all these reasons, I took Swansea +1.5 @ 1.67. Good luck to all who are backing a comfortable Arsenal win, but I just don't see them being able to put it all together against a possession side with fairly good defensive organization like Swans.

I'm surprised to hear this from you, Notorious. Arsenal are utter garbage IMO. They can't control possession anymore, they can't really score, they can't defend well esp set-pieces (jesus!) and they are too slow in passing and build-up play which partly accounts for lack of possession and not scoring. Furthermore, teams have learned that we they crowd and press Arteta, Arsenal's attack falls apart completely. For some reason, Wenger and his offensive brain-trust have either not realized this or just can't do anything about it. I thought Arsenal would be significantly stronger with the return of Wilshere and the addition of Cazorla, but so far these magnificent talents have not been able control the midfield play with spectacular passing/movement as I expected. For all these reasons, I took Swansea +1.5 @ 1.67. Good luck to all who are backing a comfortable Arsenal win, but I just don't see them being able to put it all together against a possession side with fairly good defensive organization like Swans.
Not at 100% , yes. But to call Arsenal garbage is garbage. They just easily qualified for the last 16 of the champions league.

Not at 100% ' date=' yes. But to call Arsenal garbage is garbage. They just easily qualified for the last 16 of the champions league.[/quote'] Sorry, I tend to judge sides with immense talent very harshly. City are also garbage because they should be destroying teams like W Ham, Swans, etc. Yes, they've had injuries, but c'mon. Arsenal are less talented than City and lack an out-and-out goal-scorer, but still should be performing much better than they have so far. My point is that I hold top sides loaded with talent to a high standard and I think this is how it should be. If we constantly have to make excuses for these teams and players, do we really believe that they are elite? And I'm not hating on Arsenal. I already mentioned City, but its also inexcusable for Chelsea to have this mid-season slump every year. Man U, too, have many flaws, but the difference here is that Ferg gets them to pull a victory out of nowhere seemingly every time which makes us overlook the bad. I'm not asking for perfection or instant chemistry or 200% effort every second on the pitch, but really, sometimes while watching City, one gets the impression that these guys think that just by showing up, goals will magically appear and beautiful football will be an inevitable byproduct.

Not at 100% ' date=' yes. But to call Arsenal garbage is garbage. They just easily qualified for the last 16 of the champions league.[/quote'] Also, keep in mind, I'm saying this in the context of the Arsenal-Swansea match--meaning, I rate Swans as being well-suited to stifle this Arsenal team with all its problems. So, where Arsenal have shortcomings, Swans have been proficient. Not the best in attack, but they have their game-plan and style and implement it very well (for the players they have). So far they have frustrated 3 out of the 4 top of the table teams, getting points from Chelsea and WBA and deserving at least a point away to City.

Sorry' date=' I tend to judge sides with immense talent very harshly. City are also garbage because they should be destroying teams like W Ham, Swans, etc. Yes, they've had injuries, but c'mon. Arsenal are less talented than City and lack an out-and-out goal-scorer, but still should be performing [i']much better than they have so far. My point is that I hold top sides loaded with talent to a high standard and I think this is how it should be. If we constantly have to make excuses for these teams and players, do we really believe that they are elite? And I'm not hating on Arsenal. I already mentioned City, but its also inexcusable for Chelsea to have this mid-season slump every year. Man U, too, have many flaws, but the difference here is that Ferg gets them to pull a victory out of nowhere seemingly every time which makes us overlook the bad. I'm not asking for perfection or instant chemistry or 200% effort every second on the pitch, but really, sometimes while watching City, one gets the impression that these guys think that just by showing up, goals will magically appear and beautiful football will be an inevitable byproduct.
I think that you are completely right. Tough, you need to be cautious to not underestimate them. Sometimes you rather take no bet as the quality in these sides can easily destroy a bet. Apart from messi in these times almost every team has at least the knowledge how to stop certain players and teams. Many bottom sides have a guy responsible for video analysis and other stuff who gives briefings for single players etc. Im starting to get worried for my arsenal pick cause sagna out(it seems) and espacially walcott questionable makes it difficult. Arsenal really have big problems with their injurys. Every week another casualty. With Walcott, podolski in the team they are good for goals. With both or one out they have problems espacially with wilsherre on the flank. chico has some shoulder problems. Laudrup says they can go there without pressure. I thin kthey fancy to get there something. they also scored some goals away from home. maybe the over espacially with sagna out/doubtfull comes into play. If walcott doesnt play and/or podolski no start I have no problem selling/balancing my bet. Too many times hold on to something not worth just because ;) I will wait for saturday lunch time team news ;).

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December Arsenal -1 handicap. 1.79 @ Pinnacle Arsenal were beaten by Swansea away from home last season. They took the lead after 5 minutes but lost 3-2. They defend a lot better this year, since Steve Bould has took over as an assistant manager. Swansea are unbeaten in six matches since losing at Manchester City where they deserved at least a point. I think it will be a tall order for Swans to escape a defeat this time around. They are very similar to Arsenal in terms of keeping the ball. Arsenal are at home this time and that will be huge advantage for Arsenal. Odds not great, so have to take a -1 handicap and hope there's a room for two goal winning margin.

Arsenal -1 handicap. 1.79 @ Pinnacle Arsenal were beaten by Swansea away from home last season. They took the lead after 5 minutes but lost 3-2. They defend a lot better this year, since Steve Bould has took over as an assistant manager. Swansea are unbeaten in six matches since losing at Manchester City where they deserved at least a point. I think it will be a tall order for Swans to escape a defeat this time around. They are very similar to Arsenal in terms of keeping the ball. Arsenal are at home this time and that will be huge advantage for Arsenal. Odds not great, so have to take a -1 handicap and hope there's a room for two goal winning margin.
1.78 seems like really bad value? You can get it at 2.20-2.30 at most bookies.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December "As it turns out, Hernandez (thigh) will not be available. But Wenger has his injury issues. Bacary Sagna damaged his foot at Everton and Laurent Koscielny (thigh) will be out for a few weeks.Lukas Podolski should be OK after being laid low. The manager suggested that, with Champions League qualification assured, he may leave some players out at Olympiacos on Wednesday. You can deduce from that he will field his strongest line-up for the two home matches sandwiching the game in Greece." http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3518767/first-team/arsenal-v-swansea?tab=preview Arsenal: Sagna (foot), Fabianski (ankle), Santos (abdominal), Koscielny (thigh), Diaby (thigh) Swansea: Flores (doubt - shoulder), Graham (illness), Vorm (groin), Hernandez (thigh), Taylor (ankle), Bartley (thigh) As far i know Theo Walcott has no problem with injury. http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/50360/can-theo-walcott-star-again-arsenal-face-swansea-game# Arsenal to win @ 1.44 bet365 8/10

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December I did'nt watch all of the Everton v Arsenal game, but I thought Arsenal passed the ball around really well. They are also starting games at home well. Only 4 teams are unbeaten in the EPL at home in the 1st half (WBA, Fulham, Stoke, Arsenal). Arsenal are the top scorers in the EPL in the 1st half at home. They have only played 6 games at home but lead the scoring charts (10 goals scored , 5 conceded) at a 1st half game average of 2.5. Only 2 of 6 games have been 1st half scoreless. To me Swansea is a perfect matchup for Arsenal. They both like to pass the ball, but Arsenal do it much better !!!! So maybe a punt (1 unit) on Over 2.5 1st half goals may be worth a shot. Bet 365 are giving 9/2 which is a nice price.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December Arsenal to beat Swansea @ 1/2 (Paddy Power:4pts) Think there's a bit of value on us here, would price us no higher than 2/5. Swansea are doing quite well this season but I can't see them coming to the Emirates and getting anything. We've been patchy enough in terms of results, not much to shout about at Villa and Everton but I think we can pick up our form in the coming weeks with a favourable set of fixtures. Walcott is fit and will play today, that's a help as he's a goal threat and provides some much needed pace into an otherwise quite pedestrian Arsenal side. Swansea have some threats themselves with Michu and Pablo Hernandez who has been good in recent weeks, but I suspect we'll match up well against a technical side like the Swans. Arsenal win, I'll say 2-0.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December Arsenal come into this tie with only 1 win from their last 5 premier league games (1 win, 3 draws and 1 loss), scoring 10 and conceding 8. Swansea arrive on the back of a surprise 3-1 hammering of an in form West Brom side. (3 draws and 2 wins) scoring 7 and conceding only 4. Swansea will mss the game making and assists of Pablo Hernandez who was substituted during the west brom clash with a thigh injury. Also missing are Danny Graham and Vorm. Arsenal are missing a key player in koscielny with a groin strain. But with he attacking quartet of podolski, giroud, cazorla and Walcott I feel the Gunners will have too much for the Swans. Arsenal home win available at a not too shabby 1.46 with 5dimes. Other interest would be on the over 2.5's market and Walcott to score anytime.

I think that you are completely right. Tough, you need to be cautious to not underestimate them. Sometimes you rather take no bet as the quality in these sides can easily destroy a bet. Apart from messi in these times almost every team has at least the knowledge how to stop certain players and teams. Many bottom sides have a guy responsible for video analysis and other stuff who gives briefings for single players etc. Im starting to get worried for my arsenal pick cause sagna out(it seems) and espacially walcott questionable makes it difficult. Arsenal really have big problems with their injurys. Every week another casualty. With Walcott, podolski in the team they are good for goals. With both or one out they have problems espacially with wilsherre on the flank. chico has some shoulder problems. Laudrup says they can go there without pressure. I thin kthey fancy to get there something. they also scored some goals away from home. maybe the over espacially with sagna out/doubtfull comes into play. If walcott doesnt play and/or podolski no start I have no problem selling/balancing my bet. Too many times hold on to something not worth just because ;) I will wait for saturday lunch time team news ;).
Agree also. With Walcott they get the added dimension of pace which they desperately need. Gervinho on the wing also provides this, but Wenger was choosing to play him centrally. Didn't follow this decision at all. Talking about underestimating Arsenal, I do admit that I am a bit jaded because I overestimated them against Montpellier at home and against Villa! :p

Also' date=' keep in mind, I'm saying this in the context of the Arsenal-Swansea match--meaning, I rate Swans as being well-suited to stifle this Arsenal team with all its problems. So, where Arsenal have shortcomings, Swans have been proficient. Not the best in attack, but they have their game-plan and style and implement it very well (for the players they have). So far they have frustrated 3 out of the 4 top of the table teams, getting points from Chelsea and WBA and deserving at least a point away to City.[/quote'] I stand corrected, they are garbage. :eek

I stand corrected' date=' they are garbage. :eek[/quote'] HA HA! I know exactly how you are feeling now. I thought they would win big against Montpellier & Villa and they burned me bad. After that, I vowed NEVER AGAIN with this team...

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Sat 1st December [TABLE=width: 663] [TR] [TD]Selection[/TD] [TD]Selection Details[/TD] [TD]Result[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ma-br-select-num]1[/TD] [TD=class: ma-br-select-details][TABLE=width: 303] [TR] [TD]Football Matches[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Premier League Matches[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Arsenal v Swansea[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1st of Dec 2012 3:00 pm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Win-Draw-Win[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Swansea @ 14/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [TD=class: ma-br-select-result]Win[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ma-br-select-result best-price-holder] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=width: 663] [TR] [TD=class: col-1]Stake and Return Details[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Bet placed at[/TD] [TD=align: right]1st of Dec 2012 4:43 pm[/TD] [TD=align: left]Total Stake[/TD] [TD=align: right]€9.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Bet type[/TD] [TD=align: right]Single (To Win)[/TD] [TD=align: left]Tax@Tax free[/TD] [TD=align: right]0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Number of lines[/TD] [TD=align: right]1[/TD] [TD=align: left]Total stake due[/TD] [TD=align: right]€9.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Stake per line[/TD] [TD=align: right]€9.00[/TD] [TD=align: left]Freebets Redeemed[/TD] [TD=align: right]€0.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Channel[/TD] [TD=align: right]Internet[/TD] [TD=align: left]Total amount paid[/TD] [TD=align: right]€9.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Number of win lines[/TD] [TD=align: right]1[/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [TD=align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]Number of void lines[/TD] [TD=align: right]0[/TD] [TD=align: left]Returns[/TD] [TD=align: right]€10.80[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left][/TD] [TD=align: right][/TD] [TD=align: left]Total Returns[/TD] [TD=align: right]€10.80[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: col-1, align: left]This bet has been voided.[/TD] [TD=colspan: 3, align: left]SQ[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]