All star game

Re: All star game Nah, it still is 4 x 12 minute quarters. There's not much defence played as it's only an exhibition match. History? http://www.nba.com/history/allstar/allstargame_recaps.html 265 is pretty high and it's a lousy figure to try and figure out whether or not they can get above such a ludicrous figure (pity the under backers in 2003 when the over bettors got their wish with a double dose of overtime to get a combined 300 points!). Last year, it would have sailed over 265, by only 3 points. I remember betting on 'under 255' with sports.com (before they folded because they ran out of capital and the domain name got bought by somebody else) back in 2002....I got a PUSH! :rollin

Re: All star game The total is only 262.5 @ Pinnacle, but this is a bet just for the sake of it as it can really go either way, as stereoman says there is no defence and the fact it's an exhibition kinda game means the only chance would have been if books have made a mistake, which is not the case.;)

Re: All star game Normally they play no defense and only want to win when it hits the 4th quarter - think the west should win as they have far better players (T Mac playing for West now too) Only thing I like about the allstar w/end is the 3 point contest - and that was back in the mid 90's when some awesome numbers were being put up by Mark Price and Craig Hodges :clap The whole fast break and dunk mentallity of the main game gets a bit boring to me after a while. :\

Re: All star game Bozzer Kobe Bryant notched 31 points in the 2002 All Star Game. So he has gone over 23.5 pts in an All Star game. In his other appearances he has had: 1998- 18 pts in 22 mins 2000- 15 pts in 28 mins 2001- 19 pts in 30 mins 2002- 31 pts in 30 mins 2003- 22 pts in 36 mins 2004- 20 pts in 36 mins Seems to be a good bet at Laddies. Not sure Lakers are that thrilled at him playing many minutes, just being back from long injury lay-off. You never know though. Would be just like him to notch 30+.

Re: All star game No, I agree with you Bozzer. Just that Kobe is one of those unpredictable types. Could blast the spread easily. We need Taza's help, here. Will Bryant play his usual 28-30 mins in the game? No evidence that he will be in for 18-20 mins. That would make it a great bet.

Re: All star game Will any player have more than 4.5 personal fouls? Players will not play so tough defense and players will also play limited minutes. Here's some stats borroved from All-Star games played in last in 8 years: 2004: No one with more than 3 fouls 2003: Kobe 5 fouls, only player with more than 3 fouls (went into double OT) 2002: One player with 3 fouls 2001: Mutombo 5 fouls (only player with more than 3 fouls) 2000: Mourning 4 fouls (only player with more than 3 fouls) 1999: No match, lock out 1998: 2 players with 3 fouls 1997: Jordan and Laettner 4 fouls Pick: No player with more than 4.5 personal fouls @ 1.46 (odd for this pick 4 hours ago was 1.60) Tim Duncan - Total rebounds West team coach will be Greg Popovich (coach of San Antonio Spurs) and it would make sense to expect from him that he won't be pushing Duncan to play a lot of minutes because Duncan had some annoying injuries before the break. Pick: Total UNDER 14.5 @ 1.61 I'm also running a 1000$ NBA contest on my web page if anybody is interested.

Re: All star game I missed that Bryant one. Any reason why McGrady's is 4/6 to go under 23.5. I'm not too clued up on the b/ball, but I thought he was one the big stars right now? Will he play for long? Also, how do you rate his chances to outscore Vince Carter? Sorry for all the questions, but any info would be much appreciated. :ok

Re: All star game

Will any player have more than 4.5 personal fouls? Players will not play so tough defense and players will also play limited minutes. Here's some stats borroved from All-Star games played in last in 8 years: 2004: No one with more than 3 fouls 2003: Kobe 5 fouls, only player with more than 3 fouls (went into double OT) 2002: One player with 3 fouls 2001: Mutombo 5 fouls (only player with more than 3 fouls) 2000: Mourning 4 fouls (only player with more than 3 fouls) 1999: No match, lock out 1998: 2 players with 3 fouls 1997: Jordan and Laettner 4 fouls Pick: No player with more than 4.5 personal fouls @ 1.46 (odd for this pick 4 hours ago was 1.60) Tim Duncan - Total rebounds West team coach will be Greg Popovich (coach of San Antonio Spurs) and it would make sense to expect from him that he won't be pushing Duncan to play a lot of minutes because Duncan had some annoying injuries before the break. Pick: Total UNDER 14.5 @ 1.61 I'm also running a 1000$ NBA contest on my web page if anybody is interested.
Went 1-1 and once again Bryant busted my bet because he was the only player with more then 3 fouls (just like in 2003).