Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November

staffy

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November Sunderland and Villa zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Biggest challenge is to stay awake for the full 90 minutes :) Sunderland have drawn 5 of their last 7 home games. Villa are shocking home and away. They have been beaten 4 times away this season with one draw. At 2/9 for the double chance on sunderland win/draw the bookies are really favouring the home team. Three bets that will look good Sunderland to win is 1/1 on bet365 Under 2.5 goals is 7/10 on bet365 The 1-1 draw is 11/2 on bet365 Neil.

Sunderland look like cracking value here at evens - bet365 / William Hill. Sunderland have historically been very strong at home, and I don't think that will change any time soon. They've had a great start to the season IMO. Only been beaten by City, had a good result up at Stoke last time out. I know that Villa and Sunderland both played Carling Cup games last night, but it just seems that Villa put more into it than Sunderland did. They rested Steven Fletcher, Danny Rose, Craig Gardner, goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, Sebastian Larsson, and James McLean didn't play the whole game either. Villa on the other hand played their first eleven, bar Darren Bent who seems to be out of favour with Paul Lambert at the minute. Their only really threat seems to be Benteke. Even playing the first eleven they still conceded a two goal lead to League One Swindon. Having put so much into that game I think they will come to regret it when they travel to the Stadium of Light.

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November

Sunderland look like cracking value here at evens - bet365 / William Hill. Sunderland have historically been very strong at home, and I don't think that will change any time soon. They've had a great start to the season IMO. Only been beaten by City, had a good result up at Stoke last time out. I know that Villa and Sunderland both played Carling Cup games last night, but it just seems that Villa put more into it than Sunderland did. They rested Steven Fletcher, Danny Rose, Craig Gardner, goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, Sebastian Larsson, and James McLean didn't play the whole game either. Villa on the other hand played their first eleven, bar Darren Bent who seems to be out of favour with Paul Lambert at the minute. Their only really threat seems to be Benteke. Even playing the first eleven they still conceded a two goal lead to League One Swindon. Having put so much into that game I think they will come to regret it when they travel to the Stadium of Light.
Fletcher did play yesterday. Sunderland's offense is poor. They are heavily relying on Fletcher. They weren't able to score against Middlebrough yesterday. They didn't score against Stoke and at all, they have scored just 6 goals in 8 matches. This match looks very underish to me. Neither team is scoring freely. Villa scored 3 against Swindon, but they are simply two division below. Sunderland won't be winning that easy if they win this one at all. Maybe 1-0 but not more.

Sorry yeah Steven Fletcher did play... I don't know how anyone can say he's in poor form though simply because he hasn't scored in a couple of games. Villa don't look particularly strong in defence this season, as shown when they were hammered at St. Mary's.

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November Yes, I don't say Sunderland don't have chances to beat them but the way they are lacking of goals puts me off backing them. If Villa score then I seriously doubt Sunderland will be able to win as I can see them scoring once if they score at all.

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November Sunderland 1 win in their last 16 Prem games, which include a load of draws. Villa also 1 win in their last 16 Prem games, also with a fair few draws. Has draw written all over it. I would take Villa, draw no bet just because the odds are significantly longer on Villa (even considering home advantage for Sunderland). After Villa beat Man City in the last round of the Cup they came out and got a battling draw against in form West Brom. Should be enthused in a similar way after a late winner following a 2 goal Swindon comeback. Sunderland limped out of the Cup in a local derby against Middlesboro. Arguably that was a bigger game for them, especially with MON's love for the League Cup. Not sure how badly they will want to win this, knowing it will take more than a win at home against Villa to make up for last night.

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November i don't think villa is bad. they may have a young squad but they have potential to outscore sunderland who don't look like scoring more then one goal. the way they are set up is disgusting to watch. i think villa who have been improving should have far more flair and character to take on this rather under performing stale sunderland team.

Yeah evens is a great price, and agree the league cup will take more of a toll on Villa than it did Sunderland. The stadium of light is a tricky place to go for most teams. I dont see Martin O neil letting his old employers get one over on him. Cant see it being a goal fest though, havnt checked the odds on unders..woeful I should think. Sunderland 1-0 @ 13/2 with betfair looks decent

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November Out of all the games, I'm fairly convinced this is one that Sunderland will win. The Middlesbrough game was a one-off and the players weren't motivated for it, but O'Neill knows a result is needed and will ensure it happens this weekend. Won't be the most exciting game, but Aston Villa are so bad that I expect: Sunderland win to nil: 12/5 @ Ladbrokes

mcarr I'm seriously considering backing Sunderland to win. 1-0 @ 13/2 2-0 @ 17/2 3-0 @ 22/1 I see no value @ 12/5 the bookies are doing cartwheels,when punters put these bets on. odds are @ bet victor
I rarely bet on Sunderland to be honest, but I will be tomorrow, at least as part of a double/treble. The only time I have bet on Sunderland this season was the 1-0 win over Wigan, so I'm fairly confident of carrying it on tomorrow. I agree, 12/5 isn't great considering you can get 11/10 just for the win. 1-0 or 2-0 would be best bet in my opinion. 3 goals would be a lot considering recent goalscoring problems. Maybe Sunderland-1 may tempt you at 10/3 instead.

Re: Sunderland v Villa > Saturday 3rd November Under 2.5 @ 1.68 Pinnacle 6/10 The match between the two teams that do not play in some good forms and this two teams do not score a lot of golas so far. As for Sunderland of the las 7 home matches in the league Sunderland has played 6 under 2.5. Aston Villa on the other side in the last 7 games away in league has played 6 under 2.5 and also Villa of the last 8 games in the league Villa in the 6 failed to score a goal. For all this should be added that of the last 7 matches between these two teams was 6 under 2.5 and considering what they show so far I think that in this match we should not expect to see a lot of goals.