** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Reading (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 *Draw @ 5.5 Betfair* Another match where i think the draw is overpriced. I backed Stoke to get a draw at Anfield last time out, Liverpool are just not a reliable team and should be nowhere near 1.3ish to win a match, even against Reading. Liverpool were very poor against Stoke, could not break them down and it ended up 0-0. They rely heavily on Suarez for goals, but more times than not he is a poor finisher, although when he is tuned in he can bag a hat-trick, but his goal to chance ratio is poor. Reading will have taken hope from their last few games. They beat QPR 3-2 away in the League Cup, drew 2-2 with Newcastle in the league and last time out let a 2-0 lead slip at Swansea and that finished 2-2. They are definately a goal threat to Liverpool here. Liverpool don't have many injury worries. Lucan, Kelly and possible Enrique could miss out. Leighterwood is Reading's only real concern and they will have basically a fully fit squad travelling to Anfield with nothing to lose. Liverpool are renowned for messing up to smaller teams at home, so the draw for me is definately worth a bet again.

I would normally agree that Liverpool are being under priced here, but I could just never trust that Reading defence. Last season they looked unbreakable at the back. This season they're conceding all over the show, and a few of the players looked a little overawed by the occasion to me. Maybe they're having difficulties adapting to the higher level. But ultimately I think the Liverpool forward line will get more joy against Reading. Maybe both to score, as Liverpool haven't been that great defensively, and I think Reading will take the game to them a bit. But I couldn't touch reading to keep it tight here. I think they'll either win 2-1, or lose 5-2, like Norwich. They're just not a tight enough unit to ever feel that confident in backing them to get the draw for me.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20

I would normally agree that Liverpool are being under priced here' date=' but I could just never trust that Reading defence. Last season they looked unbreakable at the back. This season they're conceding all over the show, and a few of the players looked a little overawed by the occasion to me. Maybe they're having difficulties adapting to the higher level. But ultimately I think the Liverpool forward line will get more joy against Reading. Maybe both to score, as Liverpool haven't been that great defensively, and I think Reading will take the game to them a bit. But I couldn't touch reading to keep it tight here. I think they'll either win 2-1, or lose 5-2, like Norwich. They're just not a tight enough unit to ever feel that confident in backing them to get the draw for me.[/quote'] It is the price i am swayed by Jase, not about what i think the result will be. Value is in the draw for me. I don't think the draw should be 9/2, more like 7/2 at most. Liverpool are cat, and although Reading have a dodgy defence, they do score goals too Jase. And we know how leaky Liverpool's defence has been too.

It's the price I'm looking at too.... I just saw better value in Stoke's draw odds because of the side they are, rather than an at first glance huge price here, which doesn't look so huge when we consider how weak Reading are defensively, and how Liverpool can easily take sides apart if they're given too much room. But good luck with the selection :) it's a bold call!

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 Liverpool have to be the most overrated dog in the English Premier League. 1/3 on a totally inconsistent team is just a horrid bet. They struggle to score goals, and don't look to clever defensively. I think Reading could sneak the game at the 20-1 for the 1-0 scoreline looks great. I'm not gonna go crazy with this bet, but may couple it with another longshot to pick up 100 - 1 Perhaps reading to win 1-0 and Saints to beat west ham/overunder 2.5 combination (5-1) Neil.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 In my opinion inconsistent team like Liverpool should not be priced @ 1.30 against any team in the Premier League, even at home. They have won only 1 game in the league this season and that was away against Norwich. Last time these sides met in FA Cup in 2010 and Reading managed 1-1 draw at home and then beat Liverpool at Anfield 2-1. Moreover, in the last 9 out of 10 games between these two sides both teams managed to score, and I see this happening again. Moreover, both teams are in the bottom half of the table and based on their recent form I would say that they are equal at the moment, so the value is on Reading in my opinion. Both to Score @ 2.00 (4 units) Bet365 Reading @ 10.00 (1 units) Bet365

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 you are right at not to trust in Liverpool at home with such low odds but they are not playing against Stoke or Newcastle, its Reading. Reading was so lucky when they earned a point at Swansea, their 2 efforts on goal found back of the net, Swansea could get an easy victory. Dont' forget what Liverpool did to Norwich in away, an other poor team. I don't expect a different story, easy home win.

After watching Swansea v Reading, I eyed this game up for a bet on Liverpool. I think unlike Stoke, Reading let you play, and considering that Liverpool still managed to carve out a number of decent chances in that game, then you would expect there to be more chances here and normally for them to take some of them. But a few things are pitting me off: - Borini has broken his foot and so misses the game. Although not a certain starter, it's one less attacking option in an area Liverpool are already short. - Suarez has been on duty with Uruguay, and played the full 90 against Argentina, and last night at altitude v Bolivia. I know they say about his unbelievable energy levels, but that would have to have taken it's toll IMO. - Gerrard will captain England v Poland later today. He likes to be captain fantastic, and is also winning his 100 cap. So I doubt he will be leaving anything behind him effort wise, and as everyone knows it will be a heavy pitch. We have already seen this season that Liverpool struggled playing EL on Thurs and EPL on Sun. So with those doubts in my mind about the sharpness of Suarez and Gerrard, it's a no bet for me. Despite the doubts, I couldn't back Reading or the draw, as reading are very poor IMO. May play the cards markets, will be back when prices are out.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 Here's an interesting statistic on Liverpool. Home games in 2012, 2011, 2010 at odds of 1.4 or less Played 12 times won 4 games drawn 5 lost 3 http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/team-1x2-statistics This team is an under performing stinker. What has changed from last year to this. Ah, they got rid of Carrol and became weaker up front. Rather put your money elsewhere. Anywhere !!! They may win but why back a completely inconsistent performer !!!! At odds of 1 -3 or less in 2012,2011,2010 they had these games WBA odds of 1.22 Won 1-0 Norwich odds 1.29 draw 1-1 Swansea odds 1.29 draw 0-0 Blackburn odds 1.25 draw 1-1 Wigan odds 1.29 lost 1-2 5 results 1 win. Useless !!!!! It's as if Liverpool just can't get UP for these games against weak teams at home. In the same period Man U played 23 games at odds of 1-3 or less . They won 20 times , 1 loss (blackburn 2-3) and 2 draws (WBA 2-2, and ridiculous result 4-4 Everton). You may have got slightly worse odds on United the the results are miles apart. Neil.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 I have the following conundrum. I have Reading to beat liverpool. I'm getting the equiv of 100-1 (last leg in a 6 legged multiple) My stake is 10 pounds and I can win 1k . What's my best way to maximize/take a guaranteed profit ? Sorry in advance if this is not the right place to post... Many thanks, Neil.

I have the following conundrum. I have Reading to beat liverpool. I'm getting the equiv of 100-1 (last leg in a 6 legged multiple) My stake is 10 pounds and I can win 1k . What's my best way to maximize/take a guaranteed profit ? Sorry in advance if this is not the right place to post... Many thanks, Neil.
Best may to maximise ur profit is to lay Reading on betfair, simple as that. Using approximate odds of 10/1 for Reading, u can tie in £100. that's basically what your bet is worth.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 Reina possibly out for Pool. Everyone seems to agree that the liverpool price is way way to low however there are always huge amounts of money that come in from Asian punters backing Liverpool which drives the price down. They must be stuck in a 1980s timewarp over there.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 Liverpool -2 (EH) @ 3.60 sportsbet With the Everton game on next week, Liverpool will be looking to win this and go into that game with some confidence as they have lacked the goals that they should have had in the prevous game. They will look to the Norwich game, where they struck early and set up a 5-2 road win over them especially as Reading have yet to keep a clean sheet in their games, and have allowed at least two goals in 4 of their 6 games. They lost 4-2 at Chelsea and 3-1 at home to Tottenham, while they have had two 2-2 draws against Newcastle at home, and away to Swansea in their last two games. Liverpool got their first clean sheet of the season at home against Stoke, and with their defence looking more settled, then another clean sheet looks likely. Reading's side looks lightweight for this league and if Liverpool can score early, then pretty confident that they can go and win by a few, and set this up for their clash with Everton

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 I didnt see that one coming, Blackcrow........:lol I'll sidestep this as I think Liverpool might just be able to win well in this one, the usual strategy that is successful is to go with the long-priced away team on a handicap.....thats cashed alot over the last year.

Re: Liverpool v Reading > Oct 20 Liverpool woes at Anfield continues in 2012. While Reading on paper should be a more welcome prospect of kick-starting their season than Stoke, their record makes it very difficult to have any sort of confidence on their ability to get the three points tonight. They might well hammer Reading but a 0-0 wouldn't surprise anybody, so my bets will try to cover both scenarios, but Liverpool are so unpredictable that betting on them is like trying to second guess the mood of your girlfriend, but I'll give it a shot anyway with foll bets: Correct score half time : 0-0 @ 3.2, 2-0 @ 6.5 and 3-0 @ 17.00 Ladbrokes.