** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012

I swear I am jinxed on here as far as putting up selections goes! Anyway - This one has won twice this year - once over CD and once again over the distance at Lingfield. Luke Morris on board for both those victories and rides again today. Drawn well and staying on over 6f @ Kempton again last time out. Would have taken a much lower price....:p 910 Kempton - Ereka - 7/1 - 365

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 Out Do #4.10 Salisbury (15/2) Bet365 Cumani/Fallon combo. First time in Handicap off 84 although been off track for 155 days. Ran in big two yr old race last season after promising second run. Ran ok in maiden this season when 3rd and better to be expected now handicapping. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012

I swear I am jinxed on here as far as putting up selections goes!
I feel the same at the minute! 19.10 - Kempton - Two Sugars @ 7/1 Bet365 I didnt think this one looked too badly handicapped on its handicap debut after being well held in its 3 maidens. He came 4th but was racing out of the handicap and in much better company than he will be up against tomorrow. Backed that up again next time out with another 4th place, only 1 length behind the winner. Was racing 1lb out of the handicaps on that occasion too and considering the form has worked out okay he could be ready to strike off a lowly mark of 56. Upped to 8f today and reverts back to the polytrack neither of which should be of issue. Eyecatching jockey booking in Keiron Fallon for a very small yard - had a break to freshen him up and dropped to class 6 company for the first time. Still unexposed with only 5 career runs to date and I see no reason why he wont go very close.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 Salisbury 16:10– Cheworee – WIN Ladbrokes 9/2 I feel Cheworeeis likely to be involved here. She was beaten only a head by Idler when 2nd of 12 at newmarket over 6f, Idler then went on to win a class 2 with 21 runners, so this looks goodfor the form of Cheworee and she also inhabits a fair mark for the Elsworth team.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 5:20 Newcastle - Space War - 1pt Win (25/1, Bet365) I'm sure this horse is being set up for a big win sooner or later and hopefully tomorrow will be the day. Racing in it's weakest race in it's handicap career (level 5) and off a career low mark of 68, and a 7 pound claimer on top as well which effectively means it's running of 61 which should well be within this horse's range. Ran at Wolverhampton last time out in August and was kept well at the back and only began to run on when the race was effectively over and never given a hard time. Was gambled on at Beverley the time before but was bumped at the start and never seemed to run comfortably throughout and was a 'never dangerous' 7th. Last summer this horse was a competitive horse running off marks of 91 and I'm struggling to believe this horse can be so bad since and still be with the yard without being flogged off, so hopefully they are setting something up. Certainly be interesting to see how it runs anyway. Good luck all.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 *Border Legend - Nottingham 3:20* Won a decent maiden at Windsor on this ground two starts back. Last time out was a nice 3rd of 10 at Sandown off this mark in a competitive handicap, doing best of those that were drawn on the wrong side. The fact it runs off the same mark and likes this ground, it must have a good chance. George Baker booked, so it will probably be held up for a late surging run. *1 Point WIN @ 5/1 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 19.10 Kempton: Dana's Present @ 5/2 Bet365 Three eye-catching performances in the row for Dana's Present. The first one at the end of August at Kempton when he travelled super well but was short of room in the closing stages and therefore only finished 3rd. He put that right just two weeks later at the same venue when he equally travelled super well but this time got a clear run and just won it in good style. He went only 4lb up for this easy victory and looked poised to win back-back races just four days ago at Wolverhampton when he travelled best of all again but had absolutely no room to go 1f out what surly cost the win. He remains on the same mark but is back at Kempton a track which should suit a bit better I suppose thanks to the longer home straight. If he gets a clear run tomorrow he'll be hard to beat I think.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 3.45 Newcastle - Mango Music - 7/2 @PaddyPower BOG - -------- Really like the look of this horse tomorrow , Was a suprise 40/1 winner over course and distance last time out and was very impressive that day.. He will get everything such as the ground , distance ,and course fine..Barry McHugh gets the leg up once again and I can see this horse going close tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 5.20 Newcastle Eastward Ho 1pt win @ 14/1 Bet365 I put up this horse last time out at Pontefract where he got no run at a crucial stage but stayed on well enough at the finish. Think he is in form and is worth another chance here. Ground could be an issue but if he handles it, then he could go well in what is a very competitive race.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 15:20 Nottingham - Stellar Express - 10/1 @ Ladbrokes This horse has been a little out of form of late, all be it racing in better company. Didnt disgrace himself last time out. When finishing a 25/1, 5th in a Class 2 race. Drops back to Class 4 this time. Plus has slipped back down to his last winning mark of 81. Which will make him dangerous. Unbeaten at Nottingham, 3 of his 4 career wins coming at the track. So loves it round here. The going is no problem either, with 3 of his wins coming on Good to Soft (Also at Nottingham). Trainer Michael Appleby has a 28% strike rate here, yealding +30.00. Tom Queally takes the ride, and they have a 29% strike rate when teaming up.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 16.40 Salisbury: Cyril The Squirrel, 11/2 Bet365, win Cyril The Squirrel was unlucky lto when he finished second, just 1¼l behind the winner. He was bumped just as his jockey started to shake him up about 2f out and he lost all momentum. When he eventually got room he came through nicely to grab second. He has been put up one pound for that but he drops from class 5 to class 6 and he should go close. The ground should be ok for him. Trainer Karen George has been in decent form lately with 4 winners from 19 runners since the start of August. Darryll Holland is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 410 salisbruy links drive lady 13/2 bet365 eachway on a fourtimer and despite a creep up the weights looks certain to play a big part. if 16 go to post (originally 18 declared) then its a solid eachway bet. distance winner and good jock on board in jim crowley

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 130 Sals: Greatwood 1pt (6/5 Bet365) No time today so the fav in the opener will do, looked quite useful on his debut at Leicester where he made up plenty of ground late on and i reckon that maiden will turn out to be a fair race. Should be much straighter today obvioulsy and cant see many dangers from those that have ran, the Hannon horse could be the danger but will have to improve a lot from his debut.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 3:10 Newcastle - Danat Al Atheer - Back Ran a really good race on debut when 4th of 14 at Chepstow. That looked an ok enough race for the grade and she seemed to learn a fair bit throughout the race. She finished nicely enough and it was a fairly encouraging effort. She has seemingly been found a pretty weak bunch to go against here and I think she should break the maiden tag today 1pt win @ 4/9 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 4.40 Salisbury - 1pt win Love Tatoo @ 13/2 (Bet365) The favourite looks well worth taking on to me here having been beaten in a pretty weak affair at Lingfield last time out and I'd rather side with a runner who competed well in a stronger race at Sandown last time out on handicap debut. Andrew Balding's horse finished 4l behind off a mark of 68 but there were some rock solid handicappers in there which was a 0-80 race. She's been dropped 3lbs for that effort and drops into a 0-65 today which must give her a fine chance of getting off the mark in her career. Her runs in maidens were also encouraging when staying on to be 3rd on each occasion behind some decent types. 105, 91 and 81 are the current ratings of the winners of the races so it was always going to be a stiff task to beat any of those off level weights and it suggests she must go well off a mark of 65 today. This is a considerably weaker bunch of runners and I'm confident she will go very well indeed this afternoon.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 2.00 Salisbury - Seaside Rock Lots of debutants in this maiden race, but this Richard Hannon trained horse looks to be the best of the bunch. He's Hannon's preferred runner out of the 3 he's got in this race, so clearly he's got some potential. The booking of Richard Hughes is another positive to look to. As mentioned, the field is largely made up of newcomers, making this race a bit of an unknown quantity. Hopefully that can play in Seaside Rock's favour though. 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 7.40 Kempton: POMPEIA 3/1 with Bet365 and others. I have missed the 5/1 earlier price! My best bet today is a 2 year old coming from trainer Ralph Beckett. Ralph is a consistant profit source for me and at Kempton from my personal stats his runners have scored 21 times from 96 runners for a Level Stakes Profit (LSP) of 15.49 points. His 2 year olds have made a significant contribution with 10 successes from 32 attempts and a LSP of 20.58 points. Looking to his record with 2 year olds at all qualifying tracks we find 11 winners from 42 runners for a LSP of 12.30, which suggests that Ralph targets Kempton ahead of the other AW courses. My rating is also very positive with 4 winners from 23 runs producing a LSP of 16.00. Hopefully Pompeia will continue the run.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 9.10 Kempton Competitive low grade handicap to finish the night on. Ereka has proved relatively reliable lately, stayed on well last time out over CD suggesting a return to 7f would suit well although this mark just about sums him up at present. Rapid Water is another proving consistent at the moment, only just failed to get up over 1f further last time out at Kempton in new combination of headgear, same kept this time so obviously has to work again and this drop back in trip doesn’t look ideal along with a 2lb rise in the weights looks vunerable once again. Royal Box isn’t ideally drawn for a prominent runner but did win last time out proving his well being at present and a 4lb rise doesn’t leave him impossibly handicapped. Silly Billy is drawn out in the car park in stall 14 but that may not be such a huge inconvenience as for others as he is always held up way off the pace. He ran on from a very unpromising position last time out at Kempton over a mile before shaping as if in need of the race after 217 days or that the mile trip stretched him, should strip fitter today and this return to a shorter trip more his cup of tea and Hughes a very strong booking. 1pt win Silly Billy 8/1 betfred

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 LAST SUPPER 4.20 Newcastle. 1 point win. Likes soft ground and the headgear goes on today, which I think will improve him a few pounds. Gets in off a mark of 69 again, so with the trip not a concern and the course seemingly suitable, should run a big race today. 13/2 Stan James BOG

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012

4.40 Salisbury - 1pt win Love Tatoo @ 13/2 (Bet365) The favourite looks well worth taking on to me here having been beaten in a pretty weak affair at Lingfield last time out and I'd rather side with a runner who competed well in a stronger race at Sandown last time out on handicap debut. Andrew Balding's horse finished 4l behind off a mark of 68 but there were some rock solid handicappers in there which was a 0-80 race. She's been dropped 3lbs for that effort and drops into a 0-65 today which must give her a fine chance of getting off the mark in her career. Her runs in maidens were also encouraging when staying on to be 3rd on each occasion behind some decent types. 105, 91 and 81 are the current ratings of the winners of the races so it was always going to be a stiff task to beat any of those off level weights and it suggests she must go well off a mark of 65 today. This is a considerably weaker bunch of runners and I'm confident she will go very well indeed this afternoon.
Broke down badly :cry

Re: BBOTD - Wed 3rd October 2012 Late runners

I swear I am jinxed on here as far as putting up selections goes! Anyway - This one has won twice this year - once over CD and once again over the distance at Lingfield. Luke Morris on board for both those victories and rides again today. Drawn well and staying on over 6f @ Kempton again last time out. Would have taken a much lower price....:p 910 Kempton - Ereka - 7/1 - 365
9.10 Kempton Competitive low grade handicap to finish the night on. Ereka has proved relatively reliable lately, stayed on well last time out over CD suggesting a return to 7f would suit well although this mark just about sums him up at present. Rapid Water is another proving consistent at the moment, only just failed to get up over 1f further last time out at Kempton in new combination of headgear, same kept this time so obviously has to work again and this drop back in trip doesn’t look ideal along with a 2lb rise in the weights looks vunerable once again. Royal Box isn’t ideally drawn for a prominent runner but did win last time out proving his well being at present and a 4lb rise doesn’t leave him impossibly handicapped. Silly Billy is drawn out in the car park in stall 14 but that may not be such a huge inconvenience as for others as he is always held up way off the pace. He ran on from a very unpromising position last time out at Kempton over a mile before shaping as if in need of the race after 217 days or that the mile trip stretched him, should strip fitter today and this return to a shorter trip more his cup of tea and Hughes a very strong booking. 1pt win Silly Billy 8/1 betfred