** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing Tuesday 25th September

Lodge

17.00 - Folkestone - Dangerous To Know @ 10/1 Bet365 Think the early price of this one looks reasonably fair. The 3yo filly is still realtively unexposed with only 6 starts under her belt to date. After showing little in maidens she was upped in trip for handicap debut off of a lowly mark of 50, she ran well despite the testing underfoot conditions in the class 5 race (ran over 11f) finishing a pretty close 3rd. Since then she has ran twice, the first was on polytrack and upped to 12f, she was well beaten from a long way out - which maybe could have been put down to her not liking the surface but more likely is that the trip was too far, especially as she follwed that up with another poor turf effort over the same distance after being well backed. Tomorrow she has been dropped back to 10f, which probably looks a wise move. Decent jockey booking in Andrea Atzeni - doesnt ride for the stable often but was aboard on her most promising run. Should have no problem with the conditions either looking at her handicap debut run - which is something that cant be said for many in this field. And runs off a mark of 51 towards the bottom of the weights, should be no real reason why she cant be competitive against a field of more exposed rivals and worth a shot at double figure odds imo.

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 25th September *North Star Boy - Folkestone 3:30* Nice price for a Hughes/Hannon combination. Ran well two starts back at Leicester when 3rd of 8, staying on well at the end over 5f, so the 7f trip should be more to it's liking here. Down to a leniant mark of 83 now, which is dangerous considering the stable the horse is with. Hannon stable is in good form as always, Hughesy is riding well, and this is not a very strong race. *1 Point WIN @ 7/1 VC BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 25th September I'll be surprised if Folkestone is on tomorrow chaps, p*ssed it down all day in Kent and supposed to again tomorrow. Inspection in the morning, with the going described as heavy already, cant see how it will be on. Disappointing as only 1 more flat meeting left there now after tomorrow, hopefully that one beats the weather so i can say my goodbyes (temporarily hopefully)

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 25th September

I'll be surprised if Folkestone is on tomorrow chaps, p*ssed it down all day in Kent and supposed to again tomorrow. Inspection in the morning, with the going described as heavy already, cant see how it will be on. Disappointing as only 1 more flat meeting left there now after tomorrow, hopefully that one beats the weather so i can say my goodbyes (temporarily hopefully)
Where are you off to mate? Sheering season is it?

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 25th September

Where are you off to mate? Sheering season is it?
:lol Folkestone is closing down at the end of the year, only temporarily but im not very hopeful. Most see it as a sh*t track, but the first one i ever went to and the only one even close to where i live. Will always be my favourite, will be sad to see it close down.

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 25th September *Hernando Torres - Beverley 5:40* With 4 places on offer at the moment, i like this one's chances to at least fill the frame. I backed Jeer the other day from the Michael Easterby yard and it won for me, and this is trained by him also, also in an apprentice race. It's run here at Beverley two runs back under this rider was eye-catching, as it missed the break and the comments are "towards rear, ridden over 2f out, switched left over 1f out, ran on, not reach leaders" *0.5 Points e/w @ 11/1 VC BOG*