Haichan wins $2500 package to Battle of Malta Live Event

Haichan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Haichan wins $2500 package to Battle of Malta Live Event Sunday morning in Sunny Malta. The weathers great 23%, the Hotel room has fantastic views over the 3 pools and the sea. Its a good place to be when the weathers so bad in England but I still feel pretty low about the way I went out. No real mistakes over the 2 days. Got coolered twice on day one which took my starting stack of 20,000 which I had built up to 47,000 down to 12,000. Then doubled up on last hand of day with 33's. Started day 2 on 24,000 with average stack of 45,000. In first three hands I get A5 and call an allin from shorter stack who has A3. Hold up. Then get AA's and call a shove by similar sized stack who has AQ. Up to 60.000. Them get AK and flop AK and a full house on the river and guy follows me all the way to the river. Up to $80,000 Average is now 58,000 and we are down to about 120. I then sit back as the table goes a little crazy. First Italian on my right shoves with 77 and called by big blind on 88. Italian hits his 3rd 7 on river. Big blind is now short stacked with about 6k and shoves on a guy with QQ. He shows 86 off and flops a straight. QQ guy shoves 2 hands later and is called by big blind who shows 67 off. other guy has QQ again but big blind hits another straight and the Queens guy is out. Then Italian on my right gets into a raising war with big blind on a heart flop. He end up all in for a pot of about 80,000 showing trip 55's. Big blind has Ace heart flush but Italian hits his quad 5 on river. Big blind is out. As it turns out the lucky Italian is bad news for me. We then approach the next break but dealer decides to deal a final hand after the break has started. I had a bad feeling about that but decided to look at my cards. I have KK. The pot is min raised to 2400 from early by a player who had played only a few hands since coming to the table about an hour before. First warning sign I miss. I raise to 6200 and everybody else folds and goes on break. Raisers then thinks about it for around 2 minutes and then shoves all in for about 35,000. The pot is now $46000 so I am betting 30,000 into a pot of $76000. I put him on QQ or AK and call. He shows AA and they hold up and I am down to around 35,000. For the next two hours I get absolutly nothing. My best hand is A9 which I have to fold to a reraise from a tight player. The blinds are now up to 2,000/1,000 with a 200 anti and I am bleeding chips. Down to about 16,000 when I get AJ. Italian to my right raises and I shove. He calls and shows AK which holds up. So I am out in 83. So the Lucky Italian has stayed around to put me out. Overall I was happy with the way I played. made no real mistakes. Perhaps my only mistake was on day i when I didn't call a shove from early by a short stack of around 6,000. Blinds were then 300/600 and I had around 28,000. In the event if I had called with my A10 would have hit my ace. Other than that had trips 3 times but on every occasion the other guy flopped either flush or full house. The most frustrating part however is to start so well on day 2 looking good to at least make the money and then get coolered. Should I have got away from the KK's. Maybe. i think my decision making was perhaps clouded by the fact we were on break. At any other time probably would have taken longer before deciding to call the shove. Anyway what have I learnt from this tournament. That i can hold my own against good players and next time I will make the money

Re: Haichan wins $2500 package to Battle of Malta Live Event

Anyway what have I learnt from this tournament. That i can hold my own against good players and next time I will make the money
Agreed ! Don't know when you are back but hope you (did) enjoy the time left in the sun. :ok

Agreed ! Don't know when you are back but hope you (did) enjoy the time left in the sun. :ok
Just arrived back. Weather was great and I made a profit of about £150 from the expenses. Getting 4 days in the sun in a fantastic hotel was a big bonus. I had never thought I would like to go to Malta but the resort and island were great. Played the sunday local tournament with Lucart. real lottery but he made the final 6 paid and I was 11th from 60. Each of these events is a good experience and its just a question of using the experience to make my game better each time I play such a tournament.

Just arrived back. Weather was great and I made a profit of about £150 from the expenses. Getting 4 days in the sun in a fantastic hotel was a big bonus. I had never thought I would like to go to Malta but the resort and island were great. Played the sunday local tournament with Lucart. real lottery but he made the final 6 paid and I was 11th from 60. Each of these events is a good experience and its just a question of using the experience to make my game better each time I play such a tournament.
glad you enjoyed it, actually had my honeymoon there 23 years ago and loved it.

Re: Haichan wins $2500 package to Battle of Malta Live Event This is Paradise in this weather :nana I think it was my best poker trip. Although the total did not win. im end 5/60 in the DONKAMENT. lose too much coinflip. All the time owned Donks but dont know how to winn 50/50 ;) Nice to meet you Haichan :cheers And Nice to meet and talk with Jungleman and allot of other player ;) Edit. now see it 100 post on PL :loon