What do you do if you miss the price??

The Saint

So my question - I wanted to back Dobin at 7s and upwards. My least favourite Bookmaker opened up at 8/1 which I missed. They are now 6/1 and most other Bookmakers are 5s. Presuming that it doesn't come back out to 7/1 and upwards before tomorrows race; Would you; just let it go and move onto the next day/race, back it at the lower price for your/my normal level stake, increase stake to pay out as if you had backed it at 8/1. I certainly won't be doing the last option.... I'm reluctant to back it at lower than the price I wanted but I can see that if it does now win, this option will save me going 'on tilt' - I won't - but you get the point I am making... Most likely, it doesn't win and I've saved myself a point... And if I don't back it and it loses, I'll congratulate myself on not taking below the odds I wanted... Sometimes I wish I was a robot!! Emotions, emotions, emotions - they get in the way and they shouldn't!! I need to have a rule for this sort of instance... I think the correct response is to leave it. Any other opinions?! (apart from 'Saint, shut the **** up!')

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.