Europa League > September 20

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sporting vs. Basel

A different conclusion from your post would be to look at backing smaller and Eastern European clubs against bigger ones. It's a question of finding where the value is ... no?
You quoted me, but thats nicko's post. And yeah, we always seek for the value but I think it's quite hard finding any at this stage of the EL, as those games are always very tricky. @jase Liverpool and Newcastle are in the group phase, in case you've forgotten :ok

Re: Europa League > September 20 Tottenham vs. Lazio over 4.5 cards @2.00 betfair.com Referee in this game is Ovidiu Alin Hategan, who has an average of 4.97 yellow cards per game (based on 30 international matches). Last year, in the Europa League, he gave 36 yellow cards in 6 games. I looked at the last games of Lazio Roma and there are also a lot of cards in their games. May not be as substantiated as some punters here but maybe interesting for you guys to look at it. Link to his WorldReferee page here: http://worldreferee.com/site/copy.php?linkID=1471&linkType=referee&contextType=stats

Re: Europa League > September 20 Young Boys v Liverpool 5pts Young Boys DNB @ 1.91 Stanjames Really don't think Liverpool have any interest in the Europa league this season as Brendan Rogers is keen to focus on the League and getting back to the Champions league. It will be a chance for the Liverpool fringe players to impress but even with Liverpools strongest team i feel they would struggle in Switzerland as its a hard place to travel to and get a result.

Re: Europa League > September 20 Athletic Bilbao v Hapoel Kiryat Shmona 1pt Hapoel to win @ 19.5 Betfair Bilbao haven't looked great this season so far and it looks as if there going to rest a few players tonight. I don't think they'll quite know what to expect tonight but the Israelian league champions looked very good last season with a good, enthusiastic and young team who went on to win the league by 17 points and only losing 2 games in the process so they will want to impress tonight. I can see there being a few goals in this game and think Hapoel definitely have the potential to cause an upset. At the odds im taking them at i feel there a very good price as in these Europa league games alot can happen thats unexpected.

Re: Europa League > September 20

Athletic Bilbao v Hapoel Kiryat Shmona 1pt Hapoel to win @ 19.5 Betfair Bilbao haven't looked great this season so far and it looks as if there going to rest a few players tonight. I don't think they'll quite know what to expect tonight but the Israelian league champions looked very good last season with a good, enthusiastic and young team who went on to win the league by 17 points and only losing 2 games in the process so they will want to impress tonight. I can see there being a few goals in this game and think Hapoel definitely have the potential to cause an upset. At the odds im taking them at i feel there a very good price as in these Europa league games alot can happen thats unexpected.
Where do you read that they will rest players??? Dont think so. Strong lineup expected for Bilbao http://www.marca.com/eventos/marcador/futbol/2012_13/europa_league/1a_fase/jornada_1/grupo_i/ath_kir/

Re: Europa League > September 20 I am sticking to my original bets and not touching Copenhagen and Fenerbahce at HT - both look OK so far...I can't help adding a few though after the first 45 minutes, bet365 odds : -- Ibisevic to score 2 or more - small stakes -- Santin to score 2 or more - very small stake -- Hapoel Over 3,5 - small to medium stake -- Hapoel to score - medium stake -- Udinese to score - medium stake -- Victoria Over 2,5 Goals... In the case of Hapoel I am certain that the Israeli team will press hard even if they are 4-0 down, their pride is beyond my understanding sometimes...I also think Madrid being 2-0 up might slow down. Hope both bets come true, 1-3 the perfect score. Plzen is a normal bet considering the original odds rating them as favourites against an average Portuguese side... Udinese will not give up, and I repaet - Italian teams do not collapse being even 2-0 down as it happened in Alkmaar... The Goalscores bets are just for fun, but in the case of Ibisevic I rate this guy really high and if the hosts are favourites to win it, his chances are very good having already scored one... GL all P.S. Just added another medium stake one - in Napoli Over 2,5 Goals. I do not rule out guests scoring after what they did in Moscow...

Where do you read that they will rest players??? Dont think so. Strong lineup expected for Bilbao http://www.marca.com/eventos/marcador/futbol/2012_13/europa_league/1a_fase/jornada_1/grupo_i/ath_kir/
http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=12456&idi=2 Losing Llorente will be a big loss up top was expecting them to rest Muniain aswel but i think Llorentes a huge loss anyway, hopefuly Hapoel can deal with Muniain and Susaeta.

Re: Europa League > September 20 Plizen Alot of talk ahead of this game about it being bent . Folk assumed Plizen were gonna throw it but it would appear not. I listened to a Radio 4 article recently about corruption in football . Favoured outcome is the ht / ft reversal obviously because of the odds . Plizen are being investigated at the minute if you get a few minutes I suggest you download the podcast on the radio 4 website . Rife in Bulgaria apparently.

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=12456&idi=2 Losing Llorente will be a big loss up top was expecting them to rest Muniain aswel but i think Llorentes a huge loss anyway, hopefuly Hapoel can deal with Muniain and Susaeta.
Aduriz is a very strong and in form goal scorer. Very strong with set pieces. Llorente on the bench. He will for sure get some playing time. Atletic need him and they cheered for his goal away(he scored after 60 seconds in) so I expect that they are friendly towards him.

I am sticking to my original bets and not touching Copenhagen and Fenerbahce at HT - both look OK so far...I can't help adding a few though after the first 45 minutes, bet365 odds : -- Ibisevic to score 2 or more - small stakes -- Santin to score 2 or more - very small stake -- Hapoel Over 3,5 - small to medium stake -- Hapoel to score - medium stake -- Udinese to score - medium stake -- Victoria Over 2,5 Goals... In the case of Hapoel I am certain that the Israeli team will press hard even if they are 4-0 down, their pride is beyond my understanding sometimes...I also think Madrid being 2-0 up might slow down. Hope both bets come true, 1-3 the perfect score. Plzen is a normal bet considering the original odds rating them as favourites against an average Portuguese side... Udinese will not give up, and I repaet - Italian teams do not collapse being even 2-0 down as it happened in Alkmaar... The Goalscores bets are just for fun, but in the case of Ibisevic I rate this guy really high and if the hosts are favourites to win it, his chances are very good having already scored one... GL all P.S. Just added another medium stake one - in Napoli Over 2,5 Goals. I do not rule out guests scoring after what they did in Moscow...
3 out of five got me a nice HT profit, slightly reduced by those GS ''experiments''... ​Main Bets : Victoria ( followed ) - won Copenhagen Over 2,5 Goals - won Leverkusen Goal/Goal - lost Genk Over 2,5 Goals - won

Europa League- 20th September- 21.05 CET Twente-Hannover over 2.5 @1.84 5/10 188bet (fair @1.70 this line) Both teams are very overish. Twente scored 15 goals in their own league having good players like Tadic, Fer, Chadli and Castaignos for their offense. Hannover with 3 overs so far, drawing 2-2 against Schalke, winning 4-0 away at Wolfsburg and then beating Bremen 3-2 at home. They have a really good attack, new signing Huszti with 2 goals against Bremen was outstanding. They really like to play against teams that do not sit back and defend with all of their available players. Twente won't defend and that's is what Hannover like. Hannover's defence looked shaky in a couple of games so far and I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet here. For me an outstanding price here, got to take it. GL Edit: odds were @1.84
2:2 after 72 minutes:cheers

Spurs vs Lazio – over 2.5 goals 2.0 at Ladbrokes ( 2 / 10 units)
:\ -2 units for the evening for me. One or two tricky results, so well done to any winners. The Twente vs Hannover overs was a good call by a few as was the Plzen bet by lazynko.

Anzhi Makhachkala @ 2.50 :eyes Young Boys - Liverpool over 2.5 @ 2.20 :D:lol Fenerbahce - Marseille over 2.5 @ 2.14 :D Racing Genk - Videoton over 2.5 @ 2.00 :D Inter Milan - Rubin Kazan over 2.5 @ 2.10 :D Partizan Belgrade - Neftchi over 2.5 @ 2.01 :eyes
Could not believe we scored 5 goals - start these strikers on Sunday!

Udinese v Anzhi Makhachkala Looks to be a bit of value on Anzhi here, Udinese have started the season poorly with only one point so far and went out of the CL to Braga on penalties which was a bit of a shock. Francesco Guidolin has said he is unlikely to make too many changes but he will decide late on and Di Natale will likely start from the bench, goalkeeper Brkic is also out. Anzhi have signed a host of players and it seems to be paying dividends, Hiddink has Eto, Diarra, Boussoufa, Zhirkov, Traore all at his disposal. They have started the season very well lying third in the Russian league and their record in the Europa League is flawless with 5 victories and not a goal conceded. I watched a couple of their games and I think the signing of Diarra is crucial as it will add a bit of quality in the central midfield they seemed to be lacking for me, Traore is a bit of a giant up front and will score goals although Eto is the main man and still a class act. Regular goalkeeper Gabulov is missing with concussion and was left in Russia, otherwise they are at full strength. Udinese are under a bit of pressure to get their first win and this isn't an ideal game for them, Anzhi have played strong line-ups in all their games so far I don't expect that to change for this one. I wouldn't fancy backing Anzhi straight up, they have little european experience as a team and its never easy to get a win in Italy, I don't see them losing though and I'm happy to back them at 1.8 with draw cover. Anzhi DNB - 1.8 - coral - 2.5 Points VOID
92nd minute equaliser, real kick in the balls. Lost money today, bet on Bilbao -1,-1.5AH at 1.55 after they went 1-0 down for 5 points. Couldn't believe they didn't win!? Llorente could have had 4 goals second half, corners was 12-0, the second half was about as one sided a game as I've ever watched, they must have had 10-15 decent chances..really was unbelievable.

I'm not sure about this one. Copenhagen drew 0-0 with Club Brügge in their first qualifying round and beat Lille 1-0 in the 2nd round. Normally they don't just open up in European matches as you also mention. Odds on home side certainly without value. I see a boring 1-0 or maybe 1-1 game the most likely outcome.
I wasn't sure either, in my post I had pointed that it looks dangerous. Still, at those odds I couldn't miss it...And let's face it - if I am sure of only one bet per day I will never ever work in my life - that of course if that ''sure'' bet comes in :) :ok

Viktoria Plzen - Academica Coimbra - Viktoria Plzen -0,75AH @2.00 PaddyPower This one tempts me a lot, it´s probably my favourite bet of this round. Odds are dropping, some bookies were starting with 2.30 for -0,75AH, and now they are under 2.00. All facts stand by home team. After 14 rounds of Czech league, Plzen is at first place of the table with 10 wins, playing really well. They also managed to beat 3 different opponents in qualification rounds of EL (Rustavi, Ruch Chorzow, Lokeren). It´s important to say that, because if we look at Academica, they have already played just 5 competitive matches (without single win), and that is big difference in comparison with Plzen. Academica is in european cups after long 41 years, they ended at 13th position in league, but they had managed to win Portuguese Cup which qualified them for the EL. They simply lack experience from these kind of matches, what may be another disadvantage against Plzen, which had played in group stage of CL last season! And it´s another story that they played pretty well, especially at home .. so another advantage - home pitch! Plzen build new stadium which is sold for tonight´s match at the moment. If we look at their home european matches last season, there is just one loss against Barcelona (after stupid red card), pretty solid draws against Schalke 04 or AC Milan. So I really wouldn´t back their opponents at Plzen´s pitch. Home side know that Academica is definitely the easiest opponent in this group containing Atletico Madrid and Hapoel, so this three points are must, if they want to reach their goal - promotion to next round. Good luck:hope
Viktoria Plzen 3-1 Academica Coimbra :nana I was little bit worried after first half losing, but Plzen was better team in whole 90 minutes, and they are deservedly winning this match with 2 goals difference ..