Championship > September 14/15/16

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brighton & Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 15 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Barnsley v Blackpool (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bolton Wanderers v Watford (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burnley v Peterborough United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cardiff City v Leeds United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huddersfield Town v Derby County (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull City v Millwall (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesbrough v Ipswich Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottingham Forest v Birmingham City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 16 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leicester City (13:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 forest have looked quite comfortable and in control of their 2 previous games home games and have looked organised in theirt 2 away games. and have brought in some extra quality players in their side and overall have played like a top six side. birmingham have struggled home and away so far and were even lucky to win at home v peterbora last game, and looked like they were lacking in confidence. And have looked a lowere mid team at best. I cant see them finding this confidence v a good defensive and organised forest team at home who are scoring some good goals in attack. so i think the -0.25 1.95 at 188bet for forest has good value imho.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Nottingham-Birmingham 1 @2.20 3/10 paddy power I definitely tend to see Nottingham winning this one. After their takeover they did some good signings to overhaul the squad, and to me, it seems to have worken out. They have started well so far with 2 draws away from home at Bolton and Hudderfield while they beat Charlton and Bristol at home. Striker Cox will be out after being stretchered off in Republic Ireland's match in the qualifiers. But they have signed Sharp on loan so I don't think they will miss him that much. Birmingham have started badly, they just won 1-0 against a poor Peterborough side just through an own goal from Peterborough's keeper Olejnik. Birmingham didn't improve their squad as they don't have the tools to strenghten the squad. All in all I see good value on Nottingham, so I take them. GL

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 4pts Charlton to beat Crystal Palace Evs Ladbrokes I think Charlton are good things in this match. They have an excellent home record and have made The Valley something of a fortress in recent times. Palace haven’t won away at all in 2012 in the league and they haven’t really shown signs of that changing recently. Palace have lost 4-1 on two occasions this season already on the road and while I don’t see this being 4-1, I do think Charlton have more than enough to get the win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/charlton-vs-crystal-palace-betting-charlton-can-continue-their-impressive-home-form-in-london-derby

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16

4pts Charlton to beat Crystal Palace Evs Ladbrokes I think Charlton are good things in this match. They have an excellent home record and have made The Valley something of a fortress in recent times. Palace haven’t won away at all in 2012 in the league and they haven’t really shown signs of that changing recently. Palace have lost 4-1 on two occasions this season already on the road and while I don’t see this being 4-1, I do think Charlton have more than enough to get the win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/charlton-vs-crystal-palace-betting-charlton-can-continue-their-impressive-home-form-in-london-derby
palace didnt lose a game home or away v london and southern teams millwall,west ham, reading and brighton last season. plus recent form last couple of games the momentum is going forward for palace and backwards or sideways for charlton imho. I think this is a lot closer then the odds suggest so the vlaue is with palace +0.5 1.96 line/odds.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Both Teams to Score WHill 10/11 looks the bet to me - Palace have been shaky at the back and vulnerable at set pieces, although there was an improvement in the last game. Zaha, Murray look like they will get goals plus support from Moritz should mean that the bet pays. Both teams have scored in every Palace match so far this season.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 brighton without crofts tonite but have gud backups in that position. have been gud in defence and are now a team with gud attacking options. sheff wed have been a bit gung ho in their games so far and have looked weak in defence, which i think will play into brightons hands. after the momentum they built up from their unbeaten run came to a halt v palace last game, it will probaly seed doubt in some of their players which may come into play in tonights game. I see brighton having a gud chance of scoring v sheff wed weak defence, the only question can they keep wed from scoring. i see value in the -0.25 1.82 line/odds for brighton.

I think Brighton are a cracking price tonight. Sheffield Wednesday have been superb this season, bit their inability to defend will be their undoing, and they've had much easier games this season. Also, their Run flatters them somewhat as certainly against millwall and Birmingham they struggled, and made the win through scoring more than the opposition. I think they'll be in the mix come the end of the season, but brighton at over evens has to be taken IMO.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Charlton V Crystal Palace At the start of the 2012-2013 campaign I viewed Charlton as the biggest enigma in the championship for this season. They had an outstanding league one campaign in 2011-2012 and it was always going to be interesting to see how they compete at this level. They’ve had a solid start thus far but I think we can safely rule out any emulation of Southampton’s 2011-2012 championship campaign and ultimately I expect the Addicks to achieve a respectable lower mid-table finish come the end of this season. I like Powell as a manager, he’s positive, forward thinking and inspires confidence in his players, perhaps the clubs biggest asset at present. The starting eleven is fine at this level but if Charlton pick up one or two injuries they could find it tough going as they don’t really have a lot of strength in depth. I’ve kept quiet about Palace so far this season, we started the campaign with a skeleton crew and I wanted to wait for us to complete our player acquisitions before commenting on our chances this term. Our defensive issues have been well documented on these boards with both Aaron Martin (CB) and Joel Ward (RB) having very poor starts to the campaign. Keeper Speroni was also carrying a knock for the first few matches and as a result his performances also suffered, thankfully he’s back to his best now which is great news. The backline looked a lot more solid against Wednesday with Blake, Ramage, Delaney and Parr making up the quartet. It’s clearly not as strong as our 2011-2012 rear guard but whilst McCarthy is still out injured it will do for now. The main area where we have improved significantly this year is our attack. We actually have a natural left-sided winger now in Bolasie, his play can oscillate from the sublime to the ridiculous at times but it means the side is much more balanced down the flanks and it will take a lot of pressure off Zaha’s shoulders. Owen Garvan now sits deep alongside Jedinak which gives us stronger distribution from the centre of the park and it looks like the Irishman has improved his off the ball game which is essential to his continued presence in the team. Brazilian playmaker Andre Moritz is perhaps the most interesting signing Freedman has made in the transfer window. He has good technique, vision and skill whilst also having good physicality and height. He can play in a number of different roles but currently plays behind the centre-forward, watch out for him. Centre-forward Glenn Murray came back from injury against Wednesday and bagged 2 goals. If he stays in-form it will be great for Palace, there was too much weight on his shoulders last year playing both the target man and fox in the box roles at the same time, the new offensive players we’ve bought should put an end to that dynamic. Jonathan Williams is a demon player to launch from the bench, the young Welsh international can rip defenses apart and is perhaps an even brighter prospect than Zaha. Centre-forward David Goodwillie joins on-loan from Blackburn, he is a player I really rate and could cause a lot of damage at this level, he just needs games as his career has really stagnated at Blackburn. Another victim of Steve Kean’s scatter gun transfer mandate. As for tonight’s game I don’t see a lot between the two sides and this will no doubt be exacerbated by the fact it’s a derby clash. No doubt the home crowd will be fired up as they really hate Palace, for the eagles it will be just another game against some muggy London side that has ideas above their station (Charlton fans I apologise). I don’t think we can read too much into Charlton being stronger at home as they were just as lethal away under Powell in 2011-2012 such is the way he sets his team up. Palace of course rely on Selhurst for their points haul and we have been tepid on the road in 2012. Despite this our team has been given a shot in the arm with our new signings and my gut tells me we won’t loose tonight’s encounter. I rate the game as follows: H 40% D 38% A 22% In my humble view Charlton around EVS doesn’t really hold any value with Palace +0.50 around EVS looking the more appealing. It’s a tough one to call and I expect a fair amount of variation in the way that individual punters grade the game. X is widely available @ 5/2 which could also be a low stakes move here. Will I be betting on this game? Not sure yet, if I do it will probably be Palace +0.50 but I expect I will just sit this one out and watch the game as it’s a fixture of fine margins and much speculation. Finally, anytime goalscorer markets: Ricardo Fuller is a really good acquisition for Charlton in my view and he always does well against Palace, the club he started his career with over 10 years ago. Fuller atg available @ 23/10 with Paddy Power. Andre Moritz could be the ace in the hole for Palace and atg for him is widely available @ 6/1 which offers decent value in my view. Make sure these guys are on the team sheet if you do decide to play.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Brighton -0.25 v Sheff Wednesday @ 1.90 VCbet (3 points) I wasn't really going to get involved in this match but the price on Brighton has drifted to the extent that they are now out to -0.25 on the handicap. This is certainly a tough match to predict as Wednesday have started the season very well and they have also made some good signings. Martin Taylor and Anthony Gardner coming back could certainly improve their defence but as it stands, they are conceding too many. And Brighton have created more chances than anyone else in the league so far this season. They've put 8 goals away in their last 2 league games and are in good form so it doesn't bode well for the Owls. Brighton are missing crofts tonight which is a blow and Vicente is still not fit. Wednesday are a good team but I would rather be on Brightons side at home here. I wouldn't have made them anything above evens and as such have been tempted into a smallish punt on them.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 We (Sheff Weds) have added Martin Taylor to our back line since the last league game and i know we have been working very hard in the last 2 weeks on our defence. I would expect to see improvement tonight certainly. Jay Bothroyd and Ross Barkley could also make their debuts

We (Sheff Weds) have added Martin Taylor to our back line since the last league game and i know we have been working very hard in the last 2 weeks on our defence. I would expect to see improvement tonight certainly. Jay Bothroyd and Ross Barkley could also make their debuts
team news for wednesday will be interesting tonight buxton and johnson regular fullbacks both doubtful lee and mattock poised to replace taylor could come in for beevers in central defence so possibly 3 defensive changes bothroyd may make his debut up front and barkley could replace mccabe in centre midfield but more likely to start on the bench if wednesday make 2 to 3 changes in defence this would indicate goals to be conceded and we could be in for a high scoring draw 2-2 maybe

team news for wednesday will be interesting tonight buxton and johnson regular fullbacks both doubtful lee and mattock poised to replace taylor could come in for beevers in central defence so possibly 3 defensive changes bothroyd may make his debut up front and barkley could replace mccabe in centre midfield but more likely to start on the bench if wednesday make 2 to 3 changes in defence this would indicate goals to be conceded and we could be in for a high scoring draw 2-2 maybe
team news from radio: buxton jones o'grady out mattock a left back plays right back cb taylor (debut) llera, left back beevers (a centre back normally) midfield unchanged antonio and johnson on wings semedo mccabe centre mid bothroyd rodri up front i think we will concede 2 with all the changes and score at least 1

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Cardiff -0.25 v Leeds @ 1.80 @ 188bet (4 points) Im keeping write ups brief as I'm short of time and fancy a few. In short, I think Leeds have a good first 11 when fully fit but are really lacking depth. Paul green and David Norris are definitely out injured which is a real blow to Leeds midfield. On top of this, Rudolph austinhas been away on international duty playing in Jamaica last weekend and then in the US on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. He probably only arrived back yesterday and the jet lag will be an issue. I doubt he will be in tip top condition. That is a fair disruption to warnocks first choice midfield. Cardiff have spent a fair whack of money for the championship and have made some good signings to add to an already decent championship side. They have won 2 out of 2 at home so far and they are very good on their own turf. Leeds have 2 good strikers so will always be a danger and for that reason I will take some sort of draw cover. But overall, I like Cardiff in this match and think they should be backed at the current price. I wouldn't make them any higher than evens at best. More to follow...

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Barnsley v Blackpool ....... Blackpool @ EVENSBlackpool look pretty solid this season and have got alot of firepower going forward (Ince, M.Phillips, Taylor-fletcher, K.Phillips) with Thomas Ince on superb form. Gilks is a good keeper and Kirk Broadfoot has been brought in to add to a defence that has conceded just 2 league goals in 4 games. Barnsley have 2 wins out of 2 at home but I can see a stronger Blackpool side claiming all 3 points. Barnsley defence is capabale of leaking goals as they've conceded 8 goals in 2 away league games.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Barnsley v Blackpool ....... Blackpool @ EVENS. Blackpool look pretty solid this season and have got alot of firepower going forward (Ince, M.Phillips, Taylor-fletcher, K.Phillips) with Thomas Ince on superb form. Gilks is a good keeper and Kirk Broadfoot has been brought in to add to a defence that has conceded just 2 league goals in 4 games. Barnsley have 2 wins out of 2 at home but I can see a stronger Blackpool side claiming all 3 points. Barnsley defence is capabale of leaking goals as they've conceded 8 goals in 2 away league games.

Barnsley v Blackpool ....... Blackpool @ EVENS. Blackpool look pretty solid this season and have got alot of firepower going forward (Ince, M.Phillips, Taylor-fletcher, K.Phillips) with Thomas Ince on superb form. Gilks is a good keeper and Kirk Broadfoot has been brought in to add to a defence that has conceded just 2 league goals in 4 games. Barnsley have 2 wins out of 2 at home but I can see a stronger Blackpool side claiming all 3 points. Barnsley defence is capabale of leaking goals as they've conceded 8 goals in 2 away league games.
odds on blackpool to win, i think maybe the value has gone and been snapped up, its only around 2.0 now it was around 2.2 the other day.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Nottm Forest -0.25 v Birmingham @ 1.925 Bet365 (5 points) Quite simply on this seasons evidence so far, Forest should be odds on and on a straight -0.5 handicap. Brum haven't got going yet under Lee Clarke and they haven't being playing all that well. Forest on the other hand have had a great start and remain unbeaten. They have made some good signings and should be there or thereabouts this season. The Blues have lost every match on the road so far and Forest is a tough place to go to change that. Blackstock and Cox could miss out for Forest but Billy Sharp is a great addition and could come in place of one of them. With half stakes returned in the event of the draw, this bet is very appealing on O'driscolls men.

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 Bolton v Watford @ 1.90 Bet365 (4 points) I really feel for Watford fans and Zola. Watford now have something like 10 Udinese reserves on their books and this seems a Barmy way to run their club. Zola should be allowed to do his own job and pick his own players. They have now lost last years centre half pairing with the departing Martin Taylor following Mariappa out the door. Zola didn't want to lose Taylor and judging by last weeks thumping at Derby he will be sorely missed. Captain John Eustace is also out injured today. Bolton have made a poor start but I would expect them to slowly turn things round. They are a solid looking championship team and at home to a Watford side who I think will struggle long term this season, I wouldn't make them any better than a 1.72 shot.

Nottingham-Birmingham 1 @2.20 3/10 paddy power I definitely tend to see Nottingham winning this one. After their takeover they did some good signings to overhaul the squad, and to me, it seems to have worken out. They have started well so far with 2 draws away from home at Bolton and Hudderfield while they beat Charlton and Bristol at home. Striker Cox will be out after being stretchered off in Republic Ireland's match in the qualifiers. But they have signed Sharp on loan so I don't think they will miss him that much. Birmingham have started badly, they just won 1-0 against a poor Peterborough side just through an own goal from Peterborough's keeper Olejnik. Birmingham didn't improve their squad as they don't have the tools to strenghten the squad. All in all I see good value on Nottingham, so I take them. GL
2:2 lost

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 4pts Leicester to beat Wolves 7/4 Betfred I’m not convinced by Wolves at the minute. Their choice of new manager was a weird one and the only game they’ve won this season was against Barnsley who will be relegation fodder when the season is over. Leicester haven’t had the results on the road this season but they were all over leaders Blackburn but couldn’t quite force a win there and a repeat of that performance could well be enough in this match. All doesn’t look right at Wolves to me so I’ll take the visitors here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wolves-vs-leicester-betting-leicester-can-get-the-better-of-a-struggling-wolves-side

Re: Championship > September 14/15/16 wolves +0 (AH) @ 1.95 Bet365(3 points) Leicester are now slight favourites for this match but I think the home advantage gives Wolves an edge. The foxes haven't got a point on the road yet and I don't see them coming away with a win here. Its been a poor start to the season for Wolves so far but they have still taken 4 points from 6 at home. I think it will do Wolves a favour now the transfer window has closed as the manager can now concentrate on a settled squad without the disruption of want away players. He is trying to bring in a new philosophy and he is slowly beginning to stamp his mark. He's brought in some useful foreign signings who are still finding their feet in the championship but most have now had a few games to adapt. Ultimately, I see these two sides in a similar position come the end of the season. The odds make the foxes slight favourites here where I see the home advantage should definitely be making Wolves as favs.