Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Some info and comments on 4 matches this weekend (odds from Bet365) Estoril-Sporting Estoril: After a good start of the season Estoril is loosing some steam lately. Only one win in the last 5 games and that was against Guimaraes which was reduced to ten men only after 5 minutes in the match. Coach Marco Silva has been forced to change his defense very often lately. It started with the selling of CB Bruno to FC Koln in the winter market. Then the suspensions of Jefferson, Anderson and Steven Vitoria in different games due to red cards. It happened once more, last week against Maritimo, with recent signing CB Yohan Tavares being sent off and thus having having to serve one match ban against Sporting tonight. LB Tiago Gomes is injured and won't be available also. Apart from this, Estoril normaly tries to attack and take an offensive approach at home having scored at least one goal in every match played (even against Benfica and Porto). Sporting: Jesualdo Ferreira did a small revolution in the team since his arrival giving the opportunity to several of youngsters from the B-team and finally we could see some nerve and desire to win in the field. It could be noticed last week against Gil Vicente in a hard fought away win (3:2). He is facing several problems in the defense as well. Boulahrouz is still injured, Xandao, Carriço and Insua were sold in the winter market and new LB Joaozinho signed frm Beira-Mar is suspended for this match. Rojo will return after several weeks injured to play as a left back and Eric Dier/Illori will once again pair up in the center of the defense. Both have 19 y/o and no experience at this level. Upfront there is enough quality in the likes of Capel, Van Wolkswinkel,Carrillo, Jeffren or the young prospect Bruma to menace any defense. Comment:Two teams facing defensive problems, both having their strong weaponsin the offensive line and both placed in a no man's land on the tablewhere they have nothing to loose. I expect Both Teams to Score@1,80. Braga– Guimaraes Braga:Once again very important game for Braga against archi-rivals Guimaraes after 4consecutive winless games. They can't simply afford to loose more points and this weekend can be very productive as their contenders for the third place have 2 difficult away games. Squad-wise they look ok without any missings so Jose Peseiro is able to use his regular team. Guimaraes: Last week's undeserved victory through a penalty against Moreirense gave them some air to breathe after two defeats in the league. It has been difficult for Coach Rui Vitória to form a regular starting XI due to suspensions and injuries and this week will be no different. DM Leonel Olimpio and AM Barrientos are suspended and CB Freire is injured. Once again some youngsters from the B team will be called up to fill in for their colleagues. Comment:It will be a very hard and tense game. It's "Minho" derby and there is a huge rivalry between both teams. It's easy to predict several cards due to the aggressiveness on the field. For Braga only the 3 points are acceptable and they will go for it since the beginning of the match. They have been very irregular this year but I believe they will prove too strong for a depleted Guimaraes side. Braga and over 2,5 will be my call @2,20. In the last 3 seasons this bet would have won (4:0/3:1/3:2) Porto– Rio–Ave Porto: As I mentioned before, being able to have more attacking options enhance the dangerousness of this team. Since James are once again available and with the signing of experienced striker Liedson, there are much more possibilities to break tight defenses such as the ones Porto normally face in Portuguese League and also in Champions League seeing Malaga's performance last Tuesday. For this match, CB Mangala and LB Alex Sandro are suspended so Maicon (CB) and probably youngster Quiñones (LB) will replace them. Alex Sandro not being able to play is a major blow as he is very important for the team not only in defense but also in the attacking movements through the wings as we could see in Porto's goal against Malaga. Atsu is also missing with an injury sustained in the last training session while Defour is back on the list after injury have kept him sidelined for a couple of weeks. Rio–Ave: They are one of the good teams of this league and arrive with the moral boast of two victories against Sporting and Academica and the important draw achieved at home against Braga. However, their last performance was really poor with no attacking ideas and the only concern being to defend the draw against Braga. They certainly know how to defend and they recover two important players for tomorrow: RB Lionn and CB Marcelo. Striker Hassan is suspended which means Del Valle will play instead. No big worries here as they are similar players. Comment: Porto has played an intense match last Tuesday against Malaga with a very physical and aggressive display. It should have taken some tool on the players for sure. They miss half of the defense so their tightness at the back could be jeopardized in some way. Rio-Ave arrives in full power and have nothing to loose. Porto can't afford to give up any more points and should win this one. It's a hard call on goals and handicaps. No bet. Benfica– Paços Ferreira Benfica: This match arrives after a complicated victory against Leverkusen yesterday. Benfica was totally outplayed by Bayer in the first 60 minutes of the match. Then an inspiration from Ola John resulted in the first goal and we could see an open match until the end where both teams had their chances. Coach Jesus used 7 of their regular players and rested Rodrigo, Maxi, Lima and Salvio. Both Lima and Salvio played a few minutes in the second half. Since the 30thof December Benfica played already 14 matches and it's noticeable that the team is not so fresh and aggressive as some weeks back. This tendency is going to carry on as next Wednesday Benfica will play an important Portuguese League cup semifinal in Braga. No suspensions for Sunday and apparently no injuries but some of the players shouldn't be in their best conditions after such a big amount of minutes on the field. Some heavy squad rotations are expected in the near future. PaçosFerreira: They arrive in full force with all their players available. Vitor had a slight knock training this week but he should be fit. The selling of Antunes to Malaga was an important loss but the young Diogo Figueiras is doing a great job replacing him. Last weekend Paços drew at home against Nacional although all the reports say that they deserved more. They are a very balanced team, with experienced and technical players, a good coach and great overall organization. Comment:Taking in consideration that Benfica is showing signs of fatigue in the last matches, that Paços arrives to Luz Stadium only 72 hours after Leverkusen and the difficulties that Paços always presents to every opponent I have to go with Paços + 1,5 AH @2,075.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Congrats on tonight's game, good job as always. I've covered BTS with Estoril since I heard that the "presidential elections" are in progress at Sporting (so I assume that players won't be concentrated enough in this tough visit). Again, well done Blau :clap:clap

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Porto - Rio Ave Drac Blau mentioned some missings in Porto defense and Rio Ave's habit to score away from home. However, stats are merciless - Porto conceded just two goals at home out of ten games. Porto haven't conceded at home against Rio Ave in three consecutive game. Having watched some of Porto's games, I have noticed that they not only don't concede goals, but they just don't let other teams have decent shots towards their goal at Do Dragao. And it is not so much due to great play by Porto's defense and goal-keeper. It is because of Porto's deep and intense pressure, coupled with their possession football. So, it turns out that visiting teams have very little of the ball at Do Dragao and they usually lose it long before they approach the penalty area of Porto. Hence, I don't think that the missing in Porto defense will be so important. There are two key factors in support of my bet. I expect that Porto will be a bit exhausted after Malaga. I don't see them crushing their opponents, it is actually very likely that the first half ends in a draw. But I also don't see Porto missing the victory - it is so unlikely that they fail twice in a row at home against mediocre teams, especially during a tight competition with Benfica. Furthermore, I think that as far as the score is 0:0, or even 1:0 for Porto, Rio Ave will not be eager to leave their area and attack. It is one thing doing counter-attacks against mid-table teams, but it is completely different to try this at Do Dragao - any counter-attack on Rio Ave's part may leave empty areas for Porto's mighty attack to explore. I think Rio Ave will park the bus and defend heavily as they did against Braga at home. No reason to believe they will change their attitude against much stronger team away from home. I see this one finishing 2:0 for Porto. But the best value is in the clean-sheet home win. Porto to win to nil @ 1.83 (bet365)

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Moreirense vs Gil Vicente This match is very important for the survival to both sides, so expect a cautious play as usual in six-pointer. However this time I'll try the opposite. Gil Vicente won 4:3 in the first match this season and the second reason is the absence of several important players in both teams. Actually, the hosts will be without three regulars (Augusto, Diego Gaucho, Fabio Espinho - two defenders and midfielder) with two other players (df Paulinho and mf Castro). Away side coming without four defenders Halisson, Luciano Amaral, Daniel and Cesar Peixoto (two of them are starters). Odds are very attractive and worth a try, IMO. over 2,5 @2.28 188bet low stake

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13

Porto - Rio Ave Drac Blau mentioned some missings in Porto defense and Rio Ave's habit to score away from home. However, stats are merciless - Porto conceded just two goals at home out of ten games. Porto haven't conceded at home against Rio Ave in three consecutive game. Having watched some of Porto's games, I have noticed that they not only don't concede goals, but they just don't let other teams have decent shots towards their goal at Do Dragao. And it is not so much due to great play by Porto's defense and goal-keeper. It is because of Porto's deep and intense pressure, coupled with their possession football. So, it turns out that visiting teams have very little of the ball at Do Dragao and they usually lose it long before they approach the penalty area of Porto. Hence, I don't think that the missing in Porto defense will be so important. There are two key factors in support of my bet. I expect that Porto will be a bit exhausted after Malaga. I don't see them crushing their opponents, it is actually very likely that the first half ends in a draw. But I also don't see Porto missing the victory - it is so unlikely that they fail twice in a row at home against mediocre teams, especially during a tight competition with Benfica. Furthermore, I think that as far as the score is 0:0, or even 1:0 for Porto, Rio Ave will not be eager to leave their area and attack. It is one thing doing counter-attacks against mid-table teams, but it is completely different to try this at Do Dragao - any counter-attack on Rio Ave's part may leave empty areas for Porto's mighty attack to explore. I think Rio Ave will park the bus and defend heavily as they did against Braga at home. No reason to believe they will change their attitude against much stronger team away from home. I see this one finishing 2:0 for Porto. But the best value is in the clean-sheet home win. Porto to win to nil @ 1.83 (bet365)
Well, what can I say, guys?! Porto had conceded just one goal at home till two weeks ago, now they concede in two consecutive home games, both times in a very stupid fashion - just one attack for the opposition and Porto's defense fell asleep. :D From now I am telling you, I will insist. And will try this once again for the next home game of Porto.

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Some notes on the already played matches: Estoril 3 Sporting 1: Entertaining match with lots of chances for both teams. As expected, defenses gave lots of space and we could even have seen more goals (Sporting missed a penalty when the result was 2-1). Estoril deserved to win and in the last minutes they could have even score more. Estoril was definitely the better team on the field. Sporting will have to improve a lot especially in defense if they want to collect any points next weekend against Porto. Braga 3 Guimaraes 2: Braga attacked from the very beginning but was unable to finish. Guimarares presented a very high defensive line in the field proving that they weren’t there just to defend. Braga was the best team for 70 minutes scoring 3 goals and controlling the game in all aspects. Coach Peseiro decided to give some rest to important players Mossoro and Eder and the team collapsed. Afterwards Guimaraes scored from a set piece and believed that everything was possible, managed to score one more but it was too late. Deserved win from Braga in the end. Porto 2 Rio-Ave 1: Difficult match for the home team. Rio-Ave parked the bus as every other team does in Do Dragao and relied solely on a few counters. A big mistake from Maicon in Porto’s defense resulted in the first goal. Porto struggled once again to break a well organized defense. No break-troughs from the wings and no creativity in the middle. After equalizing from the penalty spot (Jackson had already missed one penalty before) Porto improved a bit in the second half specially with James playing loose behind the striker. James himself made a brilliant cross for a spectacular finish from Jackson securing the win for the home team. Porto had to sweat a lot to earn these 3 points. In the last two matches at home (against Olhanense and Rio-Ave) Porto conceded only 1 opportunity in each match and received 2 goals. It’s unlikely that it will happen again specially with Mangala and Alex Sandro returning to the usual line of 4 in defense so, as Fedar stated above, I also expect some more clean sheets for Porto at home in the future. Benfica 3 Paços 0: To my surprise Paços was a disappointment. Very soft and tender defense, no aggressiveness in the midfield and a naïf attack. Benfica cruised easily past them without having to put much effort into it. In the warming up, Paços RB Tony got injured, LB Diogo Figueiras had to be moved to the right and substitute LB Nuno Santos had to play. It isn’t an excuse for such a poor performance but it changed Coach Paulo Fonseca plans that’s for sure. I expected much more fight from them. For tonight: Académica misses regulars LB Helder Cabral (suspended), CB Flavio (injured) and Striker Saleiro (injured) although Saleiro has not been playing lately. Marítimo misses regulars LB Ruben and Striker Suk due to suspension. Suk was signed in the winter market and improved immensely the team. Adilson, Fidelis and Joao Luis are injured and have been missing for some weeks. Tough match to predict between two very irregular teams. It’s a no bet for me.

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 2 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Paços de Ferreira v Vitória de Setúbal (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting CP v FC Porto (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 3 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gil Vicente v Nacional da Madeira (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.64 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Marítimo v Moreirense FC (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Rio Ave v Estoril-Praia (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beira-Mar v Benfica (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 4 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Vitoria de Guimaraes v Académica de Coimbra (18:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Olhanense v Sporting de Braga (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.79 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 SPORTING- PORTO Under 2,5 goals @1,90 Bet365 Alvalade stadium is traditionally a difficult one for Porto who managed only 3 victories in the last 10 matches for Portuguese League. These are emotional matches where no one wants to loose and with a great atmosphere surrounding it. This year should be no different and the fact that 2 of the biggest stars of Sporting of recent years (Izmaylov and Liedson) are playing for Porto in Alvalade for the first time will only increase the pressure of the home fans. Both players should start from the bench though. Sporting are in a deep crisis in all senses. Institutionally there is a huge chaos which is going to stay until the Presidential elections on the 23rd of March. The nasty attacks between the 3 candidates have already started and there are continuous references to the team and the coach. On the field, things are not looking much better than the previous weeks. After a hard defeat against Estoril, reaching an Europa League spot seems almost impossible which means that, improving the current 11thposition and make a good impression in the matches against Porto and Benfica are the major goals for Sporting until the end of the season. For this match Joaozinho is back from suspension and he will play as LB. There are no injury worries except for the long-term injuries of Bouhlarouz and Schaars. Jeffren is out of the list as well. According reports in the press Jesualdo is preparing an ultra defensive team with CB Dier playing as DM pairing up in front of the defense with Rinaudo and forming a first barrier to protect CB Illori and Rojo. Porto, as usual, is facing the weekly pressure of achieving the 3 points in order to keep the shoulder to shoulder fight against Benfica who has an apparently easy game on the road against Beira-Mar. Not having a midweek game, due to the postponement of League cup semi final against Rio-Ave, was balsamic for the team who should be much more fresh in Alvalade than last weekends game who came after CL clash against Malaga. CB Mangala injured his shoulder in training and is going to be sidelined for a couple of weeks so Maicon will deputise for him in the defense. Alex Sandro is back after suspension and Atsu is fully fit again. In the last training session Moutinho got injured so he won't play leaving a space in the midfield for Defour. It's a huge blow as Moutinho is the “engine” that makes the team work. We should see James Rodriguez playing again as a starter instead of Izmaylov as he is slowly regaining a better physical condition after his injury. I expect Porto to take control of the match since the beginning while Sporting will try to be solid in defense and wait for a mistake to launch counters. Pretty much the way that every other Portuguese team (except Benfica and Braga at home) plays against Porto. Sporting wouldn't mind a final 0-0 as avoiding defeat would suit them fine and Porto will not go in full force since the beginning as their style is more ball possession and slowly wear down the opponent until finding enough spaces to score. It's also important to notice that in the last 15 encounters in Alvalade for the Portuguese league only 2 of them went over. History shows us that this is a tight affair, with teams not wanting to take risks and I believe we will have more of the same. 0:1 is my call.

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Injuries and suspensions Paços de Ferreira v Vitória Setúbal Paços de Ferreira: Tony (16/0 d), Duarte (0/0 f) Vitória Setúbal: Ney (17/0 d), Nélson Pedrosa (20/0 d), Pedro Santos (20/3 m), Bruno Gallo (11/0 m), Danilo Alves (0/0 m)

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 MARÍTIMO- MOREIRENSE Maritimo (-0,5) AH @1,90 Bet365 Who would say that after a difficult start Marítimo would be just one point short of Europa League when we enter the last third of the season? There are a few reasons for the recent improvement of performances and results. Firstly the fact that, after being eliminated from Europa League and the Portuguese cups, the team could have much more time to rest and prepare the upcoming matches which arrive only at the weekends. Secondly the recovery of several injured players allowing coach Pedro Martins to choose from a full squad without having to pick B-team youngsters who weren't at the same level as their colleagues. Finally the two players signed in the winter market: Artur and Suk. Artur gave much more quality and creativity to the midfield and Suk, though he had played only two games so far, showed immediately his quality by helping the team to secure the 3 points against Sporting and Estoril. Marítimo arrives to this match almost in full force (Adilson and Joao Luis are long term injuries) and after a 3 games winning streak. Moreirense is currently in the last place of the table. They changed coaches 4 matches ago and at the beginning coach Inácio brought some new ideas and was able to win 2 matches in a row. Afterwards, despite loosing 1:0, they put up a good fight in Guimaraes and last week they managed a goalless draw against Gil Vicente at home. They have only the long-term absentees missing for this match (Castro, Paulinho, Espinho). Despite the slight improvement of performances I think Moreirense is a much inferior team than Marítimo who is becoming much more regular lately. Stats show us that Marítimo won the last 3 matches at home against this opponent and I strongly believe that this season the same result will occur.

SPORTING- PORTO Under 2,5 goals @1,90 Bet365 Alvalade stadium is traditionally a difficult one for Porto who managed only 3 victories in the last 10 matches for Portuguese League. These are emotional matches where no one wants to loose and with a great atmosphere surrounding it. This year should be no different and the fact that 2 of the biggest stars of Sporting of recent years (Izmaylov and Liedson) are playing for Porto in Alvalade for the first time will only increase the pressure of the home fans. Both players should start from the bench though. Sporting are in a deep crisis in all senses. Institutionally there is a huge chaos which is going to stay until the Presidential elections on the 23rd of March. The nasty attacks between the 3 candidates have already started and there are continuous references to the team and the coach. On the field, things are not looking much better than the previous weeks. After a hard defeat against Estoril, reaching an Europa League spot seems almost impossible which means that, improving the current 11thposition and make a good impression in the matches against Porto and Benfica are the major goals for Sporting until the end of the season. For this match Joaozinho is back from suspension and he will play as LB. There are no injury worries except for the long-term injuries of Bouhlarouz and Schaars. Jeffren is out of the list as well. According reports in the press Jesualdo is preparing an ultra defensive team with CB Dier playing as DM pairing up in front of the defense with Rinaudo and forming a first barrier to protect CB Illori and Rojo. Porto, as usual, is facing the weekly pressure of achieving the 3 points in order to keep the shoulder to shoulder fight against Benfica who has an apparently easy game on the road against Beira-Mar. Not having a midweek game, due to the postponement of League cup semi final against Rio-Ave, was balsamic for the team who should be much more fresh in Alvalade than last weekends game who came after CL clash against Malaga. CB Mangala injured his shoulder in training and is going to be sidelined for a couple of weeks so Maicon will deputise for him in the defense. Alex Sandro is back after suspension and Atsu is fully fit again. In the last training session Moutinho got injured so he won't play leaving a space in the midfield for Defour. It's a huge blow as Moutinho is the “engine” that makes the team work. We should see James Rodriguez playing again as a starter instead of Izmaylov as he is slowly regaining a better physical condition after his injury. I expect Porto to take control of the match since the beginning while Sporting will try to be solid in defense and wait for a mistake to launch counters. Pretty much the way that every other Portuguese team (except Benfica and Braga at home) plays against Porto. Sporting wouldn't mind a final 0-0 as avoiding defeat would suit them fine and Porto will not go in full force since the beginning as their style is more ball possession and slowly wear down the opponent until finding enough spaces to score. It's also important to notice that in the last 15 encounters in Alvalade for the Portuguese league only 2 of them went over. History shows us that this is a tight affair, with teams not wanting to take risks and I believe we will have more of the same. 0:1 is my call.
Result: 0-0 Excellent analysis and tip Drac :clap

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Maritimo (-0,5) AH @1,90 Bet365 Final result 1:1. Bet lost. :@ According to reports and stats (64%-36% ball possession; 18-10 shots and 9-3 corners) it seems that Maritímo dominated and deserved a bit more. It's hard to analyse much further as the match wasn't on TV.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 8 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Porto v Estoril-Praia (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 9 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting de Braga v Marítimo (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Académica de Coimbra v Sporting CP (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 10 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Moreirense FC v Olhanense (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nacional da Madeira v Rio Ave (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Paços de Ferreira v Beira-Mar (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Benfica v Gil Vicente (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 11 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Vitória de Setúbal v Vitoria de Guimaraes (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 BRAGA- MARITIMO Both teams to score @ 1,83 Bet365 Only 9 matches left to all decisions in Portuguese League and both teams need points to fulfill their main goals of the season. Braga is currently placed in 4th one point less than Paços who is occupying the 3rd place in the table and the last Champions League place. Maritimo is, on the other hand, struggling against several other teams to reach the 5th place which is the last Europa League spot available. This means that they will play to get a result in order to stay in this fight. Braga comes from two very positive results, having eliminated Benfica from League cup on penalties and achieving a difficult victory away against Olhanense (0:1). Two games in a row without conceding any goals which was rare this season. However, the injury sustained by CB Sasso in the last game which is going to keep him sidelined for the rest of the season, means that Coach Peseiro will be forced to rearrange his defense one more time. Probable solution will be using DM Custodio as CB. This situation happened already several times this season due to the fact that Douglao, Nuno André and Haas the other CB of the team are also struggling with long-term injuries. It's terrible news for Braga after their top player Eder torn his knee ligaments against Benfica causing him to miss the rest of the season also. Maritimo showed signs of improvement in the last few weeks. The draw against Moreirense in the last match after 3 victories in a row should be looked as an hiccup and a warning sign for Coach and players. Marítimo is undoubtedly the big favorites for the 5th place considering the quality of players, squad depth and past experience. They will have two difficult matches ahead against Braga and Porto and they need to collect at least a couple of points in these games to keep the European flame alive. Team will be in full force with no fresh injury worries besides the long term absentees (Adilson and Joao Luiz). It seems to me that it's going to be an entertaining match and that both teams have good attacking potential to score. Braga has scored 28 ,goals so far at home only one goal short of Porto the best home attacking team, and despite the absence of Eder they still have offensive power to upset Maritimo's defense with is one of the worst on the road having conceded 21 goals in 10 matches. The vulnerability of Braga's defense enhanced by the absence of Sasso should be taken advantage by quick Maritimo's forwards reinforced by the new signing Suk. Just out of curiosity and by looking at thePortuguese league stats, we could see that Braga scored in every home match so far except against Porto and that Maritimo scored in all games on the road except against Porto as well.

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Hi guys! I am looking to the match between Pacos and Beira-Mar and there is one thing that I dont understand and that is why the price on Pacos -1 has drifted from around 2.05-2.1 to 2.40ish. You can currently get -0.75 at around 2. I can only see 1 important injury for Pacos but Beira Mar seem to have half of their defensive guys out. Do you have any clue to why the odds have drifted so much?

Hi guys! I am looking to the match between Pacos and Beira-Mar and there is one thing that I dont understand and that is why the price on Pacos -1 has drifted from around 2.05-2.1 to 2.40ish. You can currently get -0.75 at around 2. I can only see 1 important injury for Pacos but Beira Mar seem to have half of their defensive guys out. Do you have any clue to why the odds have drifted so much?
The only thing that occurs to me is that it's raining really hard these days in the North of Portugal and, according to the last reports, the pitch will certainly be swamped. There are no late missings from Paços and the team will be the same that won 2:0 against Setúbal last week. Beira-Mar will have a new CB pair formed by Jaime and Bura due to the suspension of Hugo and the injury sustained 3 weeks ago from Tonel. Hugo and Tonel were the first choice CB...

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 BRAGA- MARITIMO Both teams to score @ 1,83 Bet365 Bet lost. It was a boring match betweent two teams that can do much better. Braga deserved to win despite the fact that Marítimo had 3 good chances to equalize in the second half (hitting the post in one of them). I'm in a bit of a low strike lately. I hope to bounce back tonight. I have Guimaraes (0) AH @2,025 Bet 365 on the road against Setúbal as I think they are the best team. In the last match Guimaraes presented two strikers playing up front with Soudani in a more central position while Balde fall to the left. Ricardo is on the right wing and they are supported by a strong midfiled with André, Olimpio and the youngster Tiago Rodrigues. I suspect that they are going to keep this tactical scheme which could be proved too strong for Setúbal. To be honest I label Setúbal as one of the worst teams in this league and only a serious of lucky wins by 1:0 have them over the relegation line. For tonight Guimaraes miss Addy (injury) and Setúbal miss Paulo Tavares (suspended). Rui Vitória the Guimaraes coach opted for leaving several bench players such as Barrientos, Joao Ribeiro, Marco Matias and Freire out of the list as they were trying to help the B-team to get a victory against Benfica's B team yesterday. This strategy didn't work out as they lost 0:2 and the mentioned players are out of this match because of this.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gil Vicente v Sporting de Braga (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Olhanense v Paços de Ferreira (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting CP v Vitória de Setúbal (19:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 17 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beira-Mar v Nacional da Madeira (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Estoril-Praia v Académica de Coimbra (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Rio Ave v Moreirense FC (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.84 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Marítimo v FC Porto (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Vitoria de Guimaraes v Benfica (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 BEIRA-MAR - NACIONAL Beira-Mar (0) AH @ 2,10 Bet365 Since new coach Costinha took over the team, 3 matches ago, Beira-Mar improved their performance and showed much more consistency specially in the last couple of games. After having lost somehow undeservedly at home against Benfica (0:1) with more ball possession and more shots at goal than the Portuguese league leaders, last week they were on the verge of winning a very difficult away game against Paços only denied by a late and dubious penalty. Costinha decided to field a more offensive team since his arrival and now Beira-Mar plays with two strikers (Camara and Yazalde) averaging more than 15 shots at goal in the last 3 matches. They are currently placed last in the table but they know that with a victory they will probably climb up a few places. For this match they loose DM Dias due to suspension. Nacional still has some hopes to reach the 5th place that ensures an Europa league spot. In paper they are the better team. However,for this match they will miss two very important players: CB Manuel da Costa and Striker Rondon. They, along with Jota (CM) hare banned. Manuel da Costa is also suspended from the club because he allegedly punched team mate Candeias after the draw against Rio-Ave at home. The atmosphere surrounding the team it's not the best and I think they could pay for it next Sunday. If we look at the stats everything seems to be against this bet. Beira-Mar is winless for the last 10 matches, Nacional haven't lost none of the last 5, Beira-Mar only managed to win 1 match out of 10 at home and finally the H2H advantage relies solely on Nacional. Despite all of this I feel that the morale of both teams, latest performances and missing players gives a slight edge on Beira-Mar. At the most I think it's a 50%-50% game and given the odds presented it's well worth a shot.

Any thoughts on the Maritimo v Fc Porto game and Vitoria De Guimaraesv Benfica??
Tough matches for both of them. Porto will miss one of their most important players: Moutinho. Defour is likely to play instead in the midfield. After a terrible display in Malaga the Dragons have to bounce back. James will start in one of the wings. Marítimo is fighting for 5th place but I expect them to wait a tthe back and launch counters. A draw will suit them fine. They will miss CB Rosario due to suspension. It could turn out to be a very dull match without many goals chances. It's a no bet for me. Benfica it's with morale high after the win against Bordeaux and being leaders of the league. Their two most important attacking player sCardozo and Lima were rested midweek (Cardozo played only 30' and managed to score two goals) and they will be fully motivated to play in a stadium with one of the craziest atmospheres in Portugal. As usual, their players list for this match hasn't been released yet and the big question mark is if both first choice CB Luisao and Garay will be available or not. I doubt that Luisao is fit but Garay could be available. This is a crucial information before placing any bets. Guimaraes has won 3 out of last 4 matches and it's in great shape. Both strikers Balde and Soudani are on fire and they will create lots of problems to Benfica's defense. They have a huge missing: GK Douglas is injured so Assis will deputize in the goal. Benfica is favourite, of course, but if Luisao and Garay are unable to play I find that Both to score @2,10 Bet 365 has terrific value.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 29 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Paços de Ferreira v Gil Vicente (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.82 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 30 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beira-Mar v Olhanense (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Moreirense FC v Estoril-Praia (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Vitória de Setúbal v Marítimo (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Académica de Coimbra v FC Porto (18:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Benfica v Rio Ave (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 1 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nacional da Madeira v Vitoria de Guimaraes (18:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting de Braga v Sporting CP (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.88 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 A couple of suggestions for today: BEIRA-MAR- OLHANENSE Beira-Mar@ 2,10 Bet365 I'm confident that the improvement in performance from BeiraMar in the last matches will be finally rewarded with a victory today. In the last 2 matches at home they outplayed important rivals such a Benfica and Nacional with more shots and possession. Unfortunately for them they couldn’t do better them a meager defeat against Benfica and a 2:2 draw against Nacional. For this match they recover DM Dias from suspension and they are with their best players available. Olhanense is in deep internal crisis. The board owes several months wages to the players and they menace to do a strike next week against Benfica if the situation is not taken care of before. Yesterday the trip by bus to Aveiro (home of Beira-Mar) was scheduled to start at 9:00 am but the players refused to travel. It was only in the beginning of the afternoon where they could be convinced to catch the bus and do the 600 km trip to Aveiro where the training session at arrival was obviously canceled. They have no fresh injury worries so, apart from some long term absentees, they should field their best squad. This is a 6 pointer match and I believe that if we sum up the home factor to motivation Beira-Mar it's in a much better position to take he 3 points here. SETÜBAL- MARÍTIMO Marítimo(0) AH @ 1,85 Bet365 Setúbal arrives after a 3 defeat streak and misses two important players due to suspension: RB Pedro Queirós and DM Ney. Normally they are strong at home but if we look closely at the stats we can notice that their victories always arrive against teams placed in the bottom half of the table. I believe that they are in a downwards trend and that even if they still have some margin to avoid relegation they certainly aren't out of the woods yet. Today they are facing Marítimo who comes with the morale boost of a home draw against Porto and needing the 3 points to reach the 5thspot on the table (grants EL access). The team is looking better lately and all their skilfull and pacey attackers are in good form (Suk, Helton and Sami). There is a big quality difference between these two teams and I believe that Marítimo have what it takes to reach the victory. I went with Marítimo DNB due to the fact that, depending on the course of the match and other results, both teams could consider that a draw is enough.

Re: Portugal > Super Liga > 2012/13 Yesterday Olhanense proved me wrong (once again). Despite their financial problems, injuries and lack of quality from some players they got the job done in Aveiro. Defended most of the match and killed Beira-Mar on counters. Sorry for that! NACIONAL- GUIMARAES Guimaraes(+0,5) AH @ 1,975 Bet365 Probably one of the easiest bets for me to decide lately. Of course it doesn't mean it will be successful but analyzing both teams, stats and the odds presented it's the logical move. Unlike other years where they made their home turf a fortress, Nacional is being very irregular this year. They surely need the 3 points if they want to pursue the 5th place, right now being occupied by their archi rivals Marítimo.However, they have only won 3 out of 11 games at home this season. To make things worse, they have several missing players for this match: LB Marçal and CB Moreno (both suspended), DM Revson and AM Barcellos (both injured) and CB Manuel da Costa (suspended by the club). Coach Machado had to call up 3 youth players to make a 18-men squad. Their strong players are in the attack and if we look at the stats they normally score and concede in the majority of the matches. Last Wednesday, Guimaraes won the first leg of the Portuguese Cup semifinal away to Belenenses (2:0) which almost grants them a place in the final and thus in Europe next year. They are in full force for this match except for LB Addy who is injured for several weeks now. They recover striker Soudani who was playing for Algeria and couldn't be on the pitch against Belenenses. In general I think they are a more balanced team than Nacional with a strongest midfield and a couple of strikers capable of trashing any defense specially one as depleted as Nacional will be tomorrow. I guess we could see some goals on this one but, taking inconsideration the recent performance of both teams and the amount of absent players in Nacional, I found that X2 at this price is great value.