** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

West Ham v Fulham > 1st September

staffy

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September Both sides have won 1 and lost 1 game so far in the Premier League. Compared to West Ham who scored just 1 goal against Aston Villa before losing 0-3 to Swansea, Fulham beat Norwich 5-0 and then lost to Man.United 2-3. Moreover, the games between these 2 sides quite often produced many goals. Out of the last 9 games between them 7 produced 3 goals or more, while 5 produced 4 goals or more. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.50 (1 unit) William Hill

Spurs have signed dembele... I read he was a star performer up at old Trafford. That loss could mean west ham will dominate the midfield area, as that is where they are strongest anyway. Coupled with the ongoing absence of Dempsey, I wouldn't mind backing west ham in some form. But obviously, still early days...

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September

Spurs have signed dembele... I read he was a star performer up at old Trafford. That loss could mean west ham will dominate the midfield area' date=' as that is where they are strongest anyway. Coupled with the ongoing absence of Dempsey, I wouldn't mind backing west ham in some form. But obviously, still early days...[/quote'] I backed West Ham in their opener, they beat Villa 1-0, and they were rubbish, both teams barely had a shot on goal. The Hammers then got trounced last time out, it would be fair to say Fulham are the team in form, not West Ham. I watched the United v Fulham game, Dembele was amazing, ran the show, but they have some other very threatening players, Ruiz, Petric, Duff, Kacaniklic, Diarra and can bring in Sidwell and Rodellega. I think Fulham will get a result.

Ahhhh, bit of a gamble, but I think west ham could provide a bit of value in current circumstances @ 2.6 -BET365. Smarter punters would back it and probably lay it off when the price drops to about 2.10'ish. They're already 2.35 with BETfred, and I can't see odds of 2.6 lasting. I made a vow never to back fulham when they're below three, so I can't see much value on them, even without any team news. They haven't had the best record away from home over the last few years.

I backed West Ham in their opener' date=' they beat Villa 1-0, and they were rubbish, both teams barely had a shot on goal. The Hammers then got trounced last time out, it would be fair to say Fulham are the team in form, not West Ham. I watched the United v Fulham game, Dembele was amazing, ran the show, but they have some other very threatening players, Ruiz, Petric, Duff, Kacaniklic, Diarra and can bring in Sidwell and Rodellega. I think Fulham will get a result.[/quote'] Their undoubtely best player Dembele is on his way to Tottenham. Reports suggest they have already agreed a fee with Fulham so he will be a huge loss to Fulham.

Their undoubtely best player Dembele is on his way to Tottenham. Reports suggest they have already agreed a fee with Fulham so he will be a huge loss to Fulham.
I already said that i fancy Fulham without Dembele if you read what i said. They have enough ability in their squad to get a result against quite a poor West Ham side.

Fulham set to sign berbatov .... Don't fancy west ham so much any more !
He is a lazy so-n-so, but by god he can score goals. Would be a great signing for them. Now, Berbatov for £5m, Fletcher for £12m, where is the logic?

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September Would be a great signing for Fulham although Dembele is a massive loss for them. Saying that I fancy West Ham to struggle all year and especially as long as Big Sam is in charge. Not sure which way to go with this game. Maybe just favouring Fulham win at the moment.

Age.
That's not the point. It's not like Fletcher is a youngster coming on the scene, he is coming to his peak. Not to mention he scored 12 goals for Wolves last season, where Berbatov has done it all for Man Utd, Spurs, Leverkusen and Bulgaria. Age does not explain why Fletcher should be worth £12m, and Berbatov going for only £4m. Fletcher is a championship player, or a striker for a poor premiership team. The gulf in class between the two strikers is worlds apart.

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September Berbatov hasn't done anything for a while, last season was a black hole for him and a year is a long time in football. He's a natural talent I agree but I wouldn't pay much more than a few million for him now, too risky. Does he still have the motivation? He's always had a funny attitude, could be another Bullard. I think £4m is correct valuation. With Fletcher you know what you're getting, double figures in the Prem. £12m? A little steep for him but £9m - £10m is about right.

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September Wolves didn't want to sell so will obviously hold on until an offer becomes too good to turn down. In this case Sunderland have definitely paid over the odds but they are desperate for a striker and he has proven he can score goals in the premier league for a poor Wolves side. On the other hand Berbatov is not wanted by Man Utd and is getting on a bit. He wants to stay in England and has rejected moving to big Italian sides so Man Utd probably felt they had to cut their losses and take a hit on the transfer fee. Probably saves them over £60k a week or whatever wage he was on though. He is a great signing for Fulham though and should do well linking up with Jol again.

Guys this debate is probably taking the thread off course... The point is' date=' how will he effect west ham V Fulham ... ?[/quote'] I see this one ending in stalemate. Dembele leaving and Berbatov arriving pretty much balances out if Berbatov is fit, albeit a slight advantage to the Hammers with added potential to boss the median. Earlier in the week I liked West Ham +0 @ 5/6 but it doesn't really hold enough value the way I see things now, will probably just leave it.

More twists. Andy Carroll is now with West Ham on loan!
That's a weird one for me as although he clearly will work under big Sam, I can't see him and Carlton Cole working together. So who will play on Saturday? I've never rated Carlton Cole. Must be quite disheartening for him.

That's a weird one for me as although he clearly will work under big Sam' date=' I can't see him and Carlton Cole working together. So who will play on Saturday? I've never rated Carlton Cole. Must be quite disheartening for him.[/quote'] Well if he plays Carroll, he has to play a striker alongside, but at the same time Cole wouldn't really be suited to play with Carroll?? Either Vaz Te or Maiga will partner him most likely.

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September West Ham have a good record against Fulham in recent meetings at home. Last loss in the league came back in 2002 but in 7 games since that there have been 3 West Ham wins and 4 draws. As much as Carroll is a great signing for West Ham, I still fancy Fulham to get something out of this game. The West Ham defence isn't the greatest and the Fulham attack looks pretty exciting now. If anything the signing of Carroll will probably make West Ham even more one dimensional than they already were. Maybe the best way to go here is both teams to score at 8/11 with quite a few firms. In the last 9 meetings between the 2 teams only once have both teams failed to score. It's a game both teams will feel they can win so I fancy a pretty open affair and hopefully both teams to score a goal or two.

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September Just to add my two penneth... I can't see Berbatov being fit enough to start this one. Has he had any action so far? Personally I would discount any influence of his signing for this particular match. And with regards to the relative price tags of Berbatov and fletcher it's quite simple... Fletcher signed from wolves where he was on no more than 20k a week. Sunderland wouldn't be paying him more than double that at absolute max. Berbatov signed from man u where he was on over 100k a week and Fulham supposed to be paying him mega bucks. It's not just the transfer fee you have to consider, but the overall cost throughout the contract. Factor in age and resale value and that's why you see the difference in price. As for this match, I think the value is with the hammers. However I haven't been overly impressed with them and I've underestimated Fulham already this season so I'm not sure if I will get involved with this one just yet.

Re: West Ham v Fulham > 1st September Fulham is the team Berbatov needs.No big expectations (not as big as in MU) and don't forget that Martin Jol is his favorite manager.They will just start working.Berbatov will start scoring and managers will like him again as he was 25.Time passes though...So I fancy Fulham to beat West Ham.Carroll will not be as beneficial For WH as Berbatov will be for Fulham.

Fulham is the team Berbatov needs.No big expectations (not as big as in MU) and don't forget that Martin Jol is his favorite manager.They will just start working.Berbatov will start scoring and managers will like him again as he was 25.Time passes though...So I fancy Fulham to beat West Ham.Carroll will not be as beneficial For WH as Berbatov will be for Fulham.
I don't think Berbatov registered in time to be in the squad for tommorows game, Carroll will definately play tommorow. Even if Berbatov is in the squad he wont be fit and his potential influence on this game is minimal in my view. Punters should get on the Hammers while they still can as the big price wont last long.

I don't think Berbatov registered in time to be in the squad for tommorows game, Carroll will definately play tommorow. Even if Berbatov is in the squad he wont be fit and his potential influence on this game is minimal in my view. Punters should get on the Hammers while they still can as the big price wont last long.
Yip, Berbatov won't be playing tomorrow. However, i don't think you could have a confident bet on this match. Fulham also picked up Kieran Richardson today, and Riise will be back in the squad. I have seen nothing from the hammers to suggest they should be backed, Carroll or no Carroll.

Yip, Berbatov won't be playing tomorrow. However, i don't think you could have a confident bet on this match. Fulham also picked up Kieran Richardson today, and Riise will be back in the squad. I have seen nothing from the hammers to suggest they should be backed, Carroll or no Carroll.
I feel there is some +ev in the West Ham price but that is just my personal view. As Jase said earlier in the thread you take them now, see it through for a value bet or lay it off nearer the time and make some profit on the market trade.